PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward Partying at a Strip Club Last Night?

Need4spd
02-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Apparently, Hines, presumably among others although no other names were mentioned, are rumored to have been at a strip club somewhere in Dallas last night. The reporter who asked him the question at Media Day just moments ago named The Dallas Morning News as his source when Hines asked him where he had heard that. Hines admitted to going out last night, said that he had fun, and that he was back at the hotel by 11:45pm, making it in by curfew.

Big story, little story, or no story?

Curtain_of_Steel
02-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Nothing wrong with going to a strip club. Whats the big deal.

Atlanta Dan
Apparently, Hines, presumably among others although no other names were mentioned, are rumored to have been at a strip club somewhere in Dallas last night. The reporter who asked him the question at Media Day just moments ago named The Dallas Morning News as his source when Hines asked him where he had heard that. Hines admitted to going out last night, said that he had fun, and that he was back at the hotel by 11:45pm, making it in by curfew.

Shocking news

Based on the comments Hines made in an article on the rules changes I posted earlier today I think he is pretty much over caring whether the league office approves of his conduct

You can take it to the bank Ben was not tagging along if Hines was at that club

grward
:coffee:

ETL
No story.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Yeah I saw that on ESPN...so silly and ignorant to ask.

Need4spd
02-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Yeah I saw that on ESPN...so silly and ignorant to ask.

It is Media Day after all, sillier things have been asked.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-01-2011, 12:23 PM
It is Media Day after all, sillier things have been asked.

Lol I didn't say I was surprised.

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Here is the link to the story

Ike Taylor was swagging along - good team building exercise for the offense and defense to go clubbing together:thumbsup:

Late Monday night, hours after they arrived here, Hines Ward, Ike Taylor and several other members of the Pittsburgh Steelers kicked it at Dallas Gentlemen's Club on Northwest Highway in Dallas.

A number of other pro athletes were there as well.

When Ward and his teammates entered the club, super hot dancers converged on them. They spent a few minutes in the VIP at the back of the club. But as the music pumped and the bootylicious women strode across the four stages, the Steelers huddled in the front corner of the club for closer looks.

Ward, wearing a plaid shirt and jeans, danced with a couple of strippers. At one point, he tossed out dollars as various hotties gave him lap dances. Other Steelers joined him in the fun.

At one point, near midnight, the Steelers, including huge linemen, appeared on the main stage., There they posed and danced with an assortment of strippers. After all, it was "make it rain Monday" at the club. And some of the players certainly made it rain with their dollar bills.

http://superbowlblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/01/steelers-visit-local-strip-clu.html

Definitely a step up in class from the Velvet Elvis and Capital City Club in Milledgeville GA

Good times!:drink:

Steelboy84
02-01-2011, 12:24 PM
He's helping to stimulate the economy. It's all about aggregate demand.

tanda10506
02-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Why would anybody even report on that? Is there nothing better to do then report on what a football player legally does on his own time. Hope he enjoyed himself!

El Nino
02-01-2011, 12:28 PM
hey at least he didnt hit some girl with a bottle then throw a drink in her face, then go back to his room to hit the bong a few times

StillSpotz
02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Story could be true. I received a text from a friend who just started dancing there at 10:20 that they just walked in. Seeing that DGC is 45 minutes from their hotel, I doubt he was in bed by 11:45. I'm waiting on a reply to see who all was there.

On a side note, DGC is one of the worst strip clubs in Dallas. They must have got some pretty bad intel on where to go, as there at least 10 better clubs within 5 minutes of that dive.

StillSpotz
02-01-2011, 12:47 PM
She coluldn't tell me who any of them were. Typical female, lol.

MDSteel15
02-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Story could be true. I received a text from a friend who just started dancing there at 10:20 that they just walked in. Seeing that DGC is 45 minutes from their hotel, I doubt he was in bed by 11:45. I'm waiting on a reply to see who all was there.

On a side note, DGC is one of the worst strip clubs in Dallas. They must have got some pretty bad intel on where to go, as there at least 10 better clubs within 5 minutes of that dive.

Maybe they hit them all! :thumbsup:

Need4spd
02-01-2011, 01:00 PM
If this is true then he should have just admitted to it.

caseydog
02-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Late Monday night, hours after they arrived here, Hines Ward, Ike Taylor and several other members of the Pittsburgh Steelers kicked it at Dallas Gentlemen's Club on Northwest Highway in Dallas.

Probably the Men's Club. As strip clubs go, the Men's Club is considered by most men here to be one of the "classier" places.

I'd personally wish the players would save the clubbing until after the SB, but, at least they got back to the hotel by curfew.

CD

TRH
02-01-2011, 01:20 PM
oh god, i hope thats not true.

I was watching one of the Sportscenter's roundtables the other day and they were asking everyone what teams shouldn't be doing.....and i forget who, but someone said DON'T get drunk, DON'T get arrested, DON'T get busted with a prostitute, etc, etc. These are all documented cases of failure...Focus on one thing and one thing only. Winning. partying is for after the game.
I couldn't agree more.

FanSince72
02-01-2011, 01:26 PM
This thread is pointless without pictures.

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2011, 01:35 PM

I was watching one of the Sportscenter's roundtables the other day and they were asking everyone what teams shouldn't be doing.....and i forget who, but someone said DON'T get drunk, DON'T get arrested, DON'T get busted with a prostitute, etc, etc. These are all documented cases of failure...Focus on one thing and one thing only. Winning. partying is for after the game.
I couldn't agree more.

Strip clubs are legal and for all we know going to a strip club on Monday nights has been part of Ward's routine during the season and during past Super Bowls in Detroit and Arizona. Players need to avoid being consumed by the enormity of the game and not enjoying yourself until it is time to get serious - Ward knows when that time will come

Going back to the genesis of the Steelers rise to power, the 1974 Steelers said it helped that Noll did not have them in lock down the first few nights in New Orleans while Bud Grant had the Vikings under a tight curfew

This from a great SI story on the 1974 Steelers playoff run by Roy Bount (who wrote Three Bricks Shy Of A Load, the definitive book on the 70s Steelers)

The Steelers were loose all during Super Week....

After the first two nights, which were no-curfew nights—from which I retain an image of Mansfield standing for some reason on top of Russell's rental car—they faithfully returned to their rooms at the Fontainebleau by 11 p.m. But within the fold there was considerable shouting and running around in the halls and drinking and entertaining of guests. One of the diminutive "security men" posted in the players' hall was scandalized. "If the Vikings' coaches impose more discipline on them," he told a Steeler in a tone of deep concern, "you guys are going to be in trouble."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1089535/5/index.htm

StillSpotz
02-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Probably the Men's Club. As strip clubs go, the Men's Club is considered by most men here to be one of the "classier" places.

I'd personally wish the players would save the clubbing until after the SB, but, at least they got back to the hotel by curfew.

CD

No, it was DGC just west of Loop 12. It's a dive and I haven't been there in years. They could have gone to The Mens Club, Baby Dolls, The Lodge, or Silver City and had a much better time.

LegendSteel
02-01-2011, 01:49 PM
No, it was DGC just west of Loop 12. It's a dive and I haven't been there in years. They could have gone to The Mens Club, Baby Dolls, The Lodge, or Silver City and had a much better time.

Perhaps they chose a lower key club so there was a better chance that no one would find out?

SteelHaven
02-01-2011, 02:25 PM

The bottom line is he made curfew. This is a 2 time SB champion, I think he knows how to prepare the Sunday prior to the big game. It helps players clear their minds to go out and enjoy the city night life once or twice, sometimes this is the best way to prepare for a game.

Deserei90
02-01-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't see what the big deal is about this, He went to a strip club to have a little fun. Made it back in time just before curfew. I think he knows how to handle his own life. Pointless article if you ask me. I wish the media would just talk about football related stuff instead of worrying about what players do on their off time.

SteelCityMom
02-01-2011, 03:04 PM

I couldn't agree more.

:noidea:

I don't see what the big deal is. Having a good time for the first couple days helps keep them loose. Ask Chuck Noll (yes, the 4 time SB winning Chunk Noll) what he let his guys do the first couple of days when they'd arrive.

If you watch the America's Game '74 video, the players talk about how they didn't have bed checks and were pretty much told to go out and party it up their first couple of days. The Vikings on the other hand had strict bed checks and were extremely serious the whole week. Guess what benefited the teams more?

Yeah, you don't want to do anything stupid and get arrested or anything...but it's not illegal to have some drinks and look at some strippers.

*Edit* Sorry, didn't see Dan's post...it's still true though. Sometimes being too focused and too serious is a bad thing for a big game like this.

FrankLewis43
02-01-2011, 03:11 PM
I'd be willing to bet Ward and others did this on purpose to shift some of the focus and pressure to them and off of Ben (and his media questions) , the young kids and other teammates so that they can focus on football. Now the media will be talking about Ward and asking him about the strip club - "stripper gate" blah, blah, blah.......meanwhile the Steelers keep working, practicing and studying under the radar.

Need4spd
02-01-2011, 03:51 PM
I'd be willing to bet Ward and others did this on purpose to shift some of the focus and pressure to them and off of Ben (and his media questions) , the young kids and other teammates so that they can focus on football. Now the media will be talking about Ward and asking him about the strip club - "stripper gate" blah, blah, blah.......meanwhile the Steelers keep working, practicing and studying under the radar.

I think that's a little bit of a stretch. There is no right or wrong argument here, but I personally wish he hadn't done this. He has been through this before though, and he should know by now as well as anyone how to prepare for a game. I was originally going to say that at least this wasn't the night before the game. It's not the end of the world by any means.

SteelSurf
02-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Damn! That's one party I'm sorry I missed. I don't know about you, but I don't want a bunch of choirboys on my team.

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 04:13 PM
No story here whatsoever. Just more media muckraking journalism trying to generate more viewers, paper sales and blog hits. They have to fins SOME way to make things interesting for the next 4-5 days. :coffee:

kirklandrules
02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Ward, wearing a plaid shirt and jeans, danced with a couple of strippers.

Not a story because of what he was wearing. If they reported that he was wearing loose, baggy sweatpants, then there'd be a problem.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Not a story because of what he was wearing. If they reported that he was wearing loose, baggy sweatpants, then there'd be a problem.

lol or if he had a loaded gun in said sweatpants.

fer522
02-01-2011, 05:26 PM
no story here
they just went to see a few phisycal therapists :chuckle:

MattsMe
02-01-2011, 05:29 PM

:sofunny:

The last thing we need is Hines being known as a bisp.

(BISP = Boner In Sweat Pants)

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 05:51 PM
BISP..lmao

theplatypus
02-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Who cares, he's a grown man.

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-01-2011, 06:41 PM
No kidding...he IS a grown man. Who cares?? Still ... professional athletes + strippers and strip joints = "nothing good will come of this".

tony hipchest
02-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Still ... professional athletes + strippers and strip joints = "nothing good will come of this".i disagree...

getting a blowjob is almost always a good thing. :smoker:

fer522
02-01-2011, 06:54 PM
i disagree...

getting a blowjob is almost always a good thing.

not if you're the president of the united states :yummy:

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-01-2011, 07:16 PM
He's got a point there, Tony. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
02-01-2011, 07:20 PM
HA! i said almost always... :chuckle:

InTheShadowofLambeau
02-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Good qualifier. :chuckle: I STILL can't believe he let THAT anywhere NEAR the Presidential winkie. :popcorn:

tony hipchest
02-01-2011, 07:31 PM
if the lights are dim and she can suck a golf ball through a garden hose, why not? :hunch:

(unless youre the president, of course)

back on topic, im willing to bet hines and the guys let tomlin know their plans and probably even invited him along (knowing he'd decline of course).

guys will be guys.

i would be shocked if it were troy or randle el though.

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Hines denies everything - i guess that was the famed Hines Ward impostor at the club:noidea:

Whod you hear that from? I wasnt there, Ward said. I went out. Its none of your business where I went.

The Dallas Morning News has published a transcript of Wards comments today at Super Bowl Media Day, but theres no word on whether the paper stands by its report.l:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/01/hines-ward-denies-doing-dallas-strip-club/

Hines is laughing in the video of his "denial"

Deserei90
02-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Like Hines said: It's nobody's business were he went. The Media people are idiots they care more about what athletes do in their personal life, than what they do on the football field. You can't have alittle fun without the media frenzy questioning u about your whereabouts.

Packerstud
02-02-2011, 12:30 AM
First I've heard of this. Thanks for the heads up

scsteeler
02-02-2011, 03:43 AM
I bet if he went to a Nursing home and spent the day there they would not write about it! Hell if watching some booty shaking makes him relax then so be it if they think its so bad why not take action to have the club closed!

SteelBobbleHead
02-02-2011, 04:14 AM
I don't think it was the smartest idea but it is a non story. With that said, had another customer decided to be an ass and cause trouble the media would have turned this into a huge issue. No telling what they would have tried to stir up.
I can almost see it now......they'd start questioning the organization and saying they have no control over their players.

SacknificentStew56
02-02-2011, 09:29 AM
It would grab my attention more if Hines pulled a Eugene Robinson during Super Bowl week. I'm all for lovely stage and lap technicians!! What's the BIG deal?

DoubleYoi
02-02-2011, 10:04 AM
The Steelers prepared their gameplan in Pittsburgh last week, the team had the day (Monday) off and Hines did absolutely nothing ilegal. No story here. I find it hard to believe nobody was able to snap a phone pic of Hines and his teammates at the strip club. Fatty Mark Madden was probably the guy to start this rumor.

SteelerWay8
02-02-2011, 02:58 PM
No story, they just got the celebration started early. He was in by curfew after all haha, no harm done

bigchuck
02-02-2011, 03:30 PM
funny how they dont mention troys visits to childrens hospital this week

StillSpotz
02-02-2011, 06:22 PM
FYI....Just saw my friend who dances at DGC, so I asked her what time they all left the club, since Hines said they were back before curfew at 11:45. Not that it matters, but she said they didn't leave until 2am. She danced for one of them but didn't know who it was either, and doesn't know who Hines is, so I couldn't get any confirmation on who was there.

fer522
02-02-2011, 06:37 PM
FYI....Just saw my friend who dances at DGC, so I asked her what time they all left the club, since Hines said they were back before curfew at 11:45. Not that it matters, but she said they didn't leave until 2am. She danced for one of them but didn't know who it was either, and doesn't know who Hines is, so I couldn't get any confirmation on who was there.
i think you're a packer fan trying to stir shit up :chuckle:

StillSpotz
02-02-2011, 07:11 PM
i think you're a packer fan trying to stir shit up :chuckle:

Hell no. Just didn't believe they made it back by 11:45 if they walked in at 10:20. It's a minimum 30 - 40 min drive back to their hotel from there. I don't give a shit, hell I wish I would have been there to see them. But that club sucks ass.

acidburn517
02-02-2011, 07:14 PM
:ttiwwp:

fer522
02-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Hell no. Just didn't believe they made it back by 11:45 if they walked in at 10:20. It's a minimum 30 - 40 min drive back to their hotel from there. I don't give a shit, hell I wish I would have been there to see them. But that club sucks ass.

i getting down there friday night and im hoping to go to the lodge :jawdrop::jawdrop:
who wants to come? :tt03: :tt03:

acidburn517
02-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Didn't know if this deserved it's own thread but since it's semi related, they have footage of Ben and some teammates at a piano bar...singing! *gasp* How scandalous! :wink02:

TMZ link (http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/03/ben-roethlisberger-drinking-boozing-super-bowl-piano-bar-texas-fort-worth-video-footage-green-bay-packers/#comments-anchor)