PDA

View Full Version : how would you all love this

Big D
05-02-2006, 02:54 PM
I think deuce mccalister and reggie bush is a really crowded backfield i for one would love to see deuce in a steeler uniform how do you all feel about this?

Hines Alou
05-02-2006, 02:56 PM
would love who in a steeler uniform?

we cant sign either one, and we wont sign either one. Theres nothing wrong with having both of them on the same team either...reggie bush can do so much more than just run

Big D
05-02-2006, 02:59 PM
i'm talking about having deuce. you think these to guys are going to want to share carries

clevestinks
05-02-2006, 03:06 PM
One Duce is enough for me! I just want our Duce to be healthy!

Haiku_Dirtt
05-02-2006, 03:10 PM
I think deuce mccalister and reggie bush is a really crowded backfield i for one would love to see deuce in a steeler uniform how do you all feel about this?

The Saints have no reason to unload the other Deuce until their hand is forced.

I think we are done making 'significant' moves for the backfield. They decided to roll the dice and go into the season with who we have now.

Big D
05-02-2006, 03:10 PM
yeah but our duce is NEVER healthy and willie isnt consistant and we are a running team

Big D
05-02-2006, 03:12 PM
The Saints have no reason to unload the other Deuce until their hand is forced.

I think we are done making 'significant' moves for the backfield. They decided to roll the dice and go into the season with who we have now.
significant moves in the backfield how have we done that

clevestinks
05-02-2006, 03:48 PM
yeah but our duce is NEVER healthy and willie isnt consistant and we are a running team
Not consistant, we dont know that yet. When he didnt play well Ben was usually out, and we all knew just like the opposing teams knew that we had to run, because Maddox sucked, so I say its premature, and not fair to judge Willie

Big D
05-02-2006, 03:51 PM
that is another concern i have is we dont have a good backup whats going to happen if ben goes down

shimmysteelerfan
05-02-2006, 03:58 PM
if my memory serves me right, when ben got hurt didnt mr. charlie batch run in a t.d. with a broken hand for us??? i say he's all right in my book.

Big D
05-02-2006, 04:06 PM
are you kidding me charlie batch SUCKS!!!!

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2006, 04:09 PM
i say he's all right in my book.

I agree. He's a solid #2 in my opinion. When called on this past season I thought he played as a #2 QB should have played while being a #3. This past season, any game he started, we won and any game he had to come off the bench during, we won. How anybody can complain, I have no idea. Not only am I content with Homestead Charlie, I'm happy to have him as a #2.

tony hipchest
05-02-2006, 04:18 PM
are you kidding me charlie batch SUCKS!!!! well why dont we just pick up mcnairs $23 million contract and make him a back-up to go along with mccalisters $7 million contract and we hope his ripped up knee is ready to go full force.

e. james
w. mcgahee
t. davis

while were shopping lets pay ty law $10 mil to come in too?

theres $40 million knocked of the cap. what else should the steelers do to piss away their future?

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Batch is a solid backup. Who would you rather have Tommy Turnover? Steelers did draft Omar Jacobs and so they do have a young QB in the folds to groom as a backup to Big Ben. Hopefully our backup QB's never see the field until the last game of the year against the Bengals since we will have the AFC North locked up going into that game.

Hines Alou
05-02-2006, 04:38 PM
exactly tony.

The Saints dont even wanna give Deuce up. I dont know if you realize this Big D, but Reggie Bush was going to have to share carries if he went to Houston, too. Reggie Bush shared carries in college with White, hes not a 25 carry/game back, but one who gets 15 and makes use of them. The thing is about Reggie Bush is that he can line up in the slot and play wideout, almost as good as anyone in the draft. (cept santonio of course ;) )

Deuce Mcallister has had plenty of injuries in the past, hes very injury prone. Why not have the best 1-2 punch in the league with them, and possibly create one of the best offenses in the league?

The Steelers WILL NOT get a big name back, especially with our current cap situation. Deuce would be a huge hit, and it would never happen...ever...you can mark my word...the steelers will never get Deuce Mcallister

And dont say Charlie Batch sucks, because if you look around the league, hes a pretty good backup compared to what other teams have right now.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Deuce Mcallister is just as injury prone as our Duce Staley. I like Deuce but he will never be a Pittsburgh Steeler. We don't need him anyway.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-02-2006, 06:23 PM
McAllister is just as injury prone as Staley,and is at a higher price.I'll keep Staley at the smaller price tag.

Also,Bush isn't big enough to be a 25-30+ carry a game guy.He'll get 10-15 carries plus kick/punt returns and some catches out of the slot/backfield.

Also,Batch doesn't suck.He was 2-0 for us in starts last year while Turnover Tommy was 0-2.Yeah,he didn't have a great Green Bay game...but that was the first time he was asked to start a regular season game in forever.In his second game he did much better,and in the Cleveland blowout he looked damn good.I'll take Batch over any backup in the league.

BlackNGold203
05-02-2006, 06:35 PM

This guy goes off for 1200 yards...with big play potential...not to mention several sweet long screen passes...and he's inconsistent?

Granted..i want to see it again...but cmon....lets give Willie some props

Hines Alou
05-02-2006, 06:45 PM
yeah I agree with BlackNGold, Willie ran for 1200 yards in the only year hes ever started. Not only that, but he averaged 4.7 YPC which is great. People dont give enough props to him, just because he isnt a Steeler type runningback.

Consistancy cant be proven when youve only played one year

Suitanim
05-02-2006, 06:52 PM
I'd also love it if this was my girlfriend...there's actually LESS of a chance of Deuce sporting the Black & Gold.

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/actress/suzanne-somers/pictures/suzanne-somers-picture-1.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2006, 06:55 PM

ssssshhh, dont jinx him cleve... :wink:

Palmers Knee
05-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Didn't Deuce just sign a 50 Million dollar contract, or something like that? That's a lot of money to take on for a guy who's been banged up recently. Bengal fan here, but I still think it would be a bad idea. You'd be better off investing the money somewhere else and drafting Lendale White. Oops.

Palmers Knee
05-02-2006, 07:51 PM
In all seriousness though, if you were going to trade for a guy like Deuce, it probably would have been in your best interest to just draft Lendale.

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Yeah, management in this franchise are not idiots. Don't worry about it.

Ohio Steeler
05-03-2006, 12:12 AM

for sure

Steel Pit
05-03-2006, 12:30 AM
well why dont we just pick up mcnairs $23 million contract and make him a back-up to go along with mccalisters $7 million contract and we hope his ripped up knee is ready to go full force.

e. james
w. mcgahee
t. davis

while were shopping lets pay ty law $10 mil to come in too?

theres $40 million knocked of the cap. what else should the steelers do to piss away their future?

Right on Bro. This is a man talking sense. Steelers fans should know that the Steelers have not, do not, and will not run out and sign/trade for high price or questionable players. Our cap money is used to keep our own players. We're the World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers people! We're in awe no one! The grass will always be greener when it is tended to the Steelers way.

OX1947
05-03-2006, 02:11 AM
Dont worry about running backs. Big Ben is gonna be option one this year anyways. If it wasnt, then the Steelers wouldnt have draft Holmes. I look for Big Ben to have a 27 td 12 INT season. Willie with another 1200, duce 500 and a record of 14-2....

Big D
05-03-2006, 07:30 AM
i'm not saying we should go spend 23 million on mcnair i never once said that nor did i say lets give 10 million to get law all i'm saying is it would be nice to get a proven backup and a bigger name at running back. I was disapointed in the drafting of holmes i would have loved a deangelo williams

83-Steelers-43
05-03-2006, 08:27 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how Charlie Batch is an unproven #2 QB? Once again, he looked fine to me this past season. Did I miss something here? Was it Batch that lost the Jacksonville and Baltimore games for us this past season?

clevestinks
05-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Dont worry about running backs. Big Ben is gonna be option one this year anyways. If it wasnt, then the Steelers wouldnt have draft Holmes. I look for Big Ben to have a 27 td 12 INT season. Willie with another 1200, duce 500 and a record of 14-2....
I`ll take it! And another Lombardi

Steel Pit
05-04-2006, 04:27 AM
i'm not saying we should go spend 23 million on mcnair i never once said that nor did i say lets give 10 million to get law all i'm saying is it would be nice to get a proven backup and a bigger name at running back. I was disapointed in the drafting of holmes i would have loved a deangelo williams

I like the Holmes pick but I somewhat agree with you on the RB situation. A lot of people have listed our depth chart at the RB position and I'll do the same.

Willie Parker
Duce Staley
Verron Haynes
Cedric Humes

It looks pretty good right? Now assume that one of the top 2 on the list receives an injury and is out for a long period of time. What looked like a good crop of RB's will all of sudden not look so good. A lot of fans feel comfort in the fact that we have Verron Haynes but Haynes hasn't proved anything. Many Steelers fans, myself included, get caught up in our beliefs that our backups can step in and do a terrific job when called upon simply because they're Steelers players. Lets not forget that Haynes was a fullback at the University of Georgia and he's seen very limited play during his 4 year tenure with the Steelers. Haynes continues to make the final roster not because of his running abilities, it's because he saves the Steelers a roster spot with his dual role as a backup FB and RB.

So I will agree with you on this point, The Steelers do need to find a bigger name RB but I wouldn't trade the Santonio Holmes pick for Lendale White or, as you suggested, Deangelo Williams. Trust the front office bro, they'll find a RB to bring to camp.