PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Watching Steelers Media Day - Harrison Apparently Going Off

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Based on these comments sounds like James Harrison has decided to let it rip:thumbsup:

Harrison says he has had a concussion on the pro level, but it wasn't bad enough to come out of game. Says if you don't tell the trainers, you don't have to come out of game . Wow

Harrison made clear he hasn't changed much about his game after the fines. He is a quiet but very convinced he is right
They decided to make me the poster boy." -- Harrison on the new helmet rules/fines

Harrison is going off now. Says meeting with NFL was waste of time and the NFL doesn't care about protecting defensive players. Says NFL does whatever it needs to do to make money

Harrison is using media day to his advantage. He is solidifying himself as the meanest, crackers guy in this game

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/36713/page/espntexas/countdown-live-super-bowl-media-day

And there's more:chuckle:

Super Bowl Media Day has transformed James Harrison from the schoolyard bully to the class clown.

Harrison, the Steelers linebacker who racked up fines topping six figures this season, mocked NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell when asked about the league’s commitment to player safety. Harrison joked about players getting hurt as reminiscent of kids stubbing their toes, and he offered a suggestion for how the game could be made safer.

“Lay pillows down where I tackle them so they don’t get hurt when they hit the ground, Mr. Goodell,” Harrison said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

SH-Rock
02-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Yup, loving how the younger guys are enjoying it.

Corey120120
02-01-2011, 01:30 PM
i laughed when he said that

realdeal
02-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Harrison is the man!! That dude has major sack!!

MDSteel15
02-01-2011, 01:56 PM
PLease tell me that this is going to be replayed on NFL Network?????

SH-Rock
02-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Kara Henderson shat herself when she was talking to Harrison.

She asked him if he's still bitter about the fines?

He replied "Yeah I'm still bitter, they took a $100,000 out of my pocket"

She felt like opposing QBs

tony hipchest
02-01-2011, 02:01 PM
i almost felt bad for kara. he really gave her the stare down and some pretty terse answers to her questions. typical james being mean ass james.

austinfrench76
02-01-2011, 02:03 PM
LOOOOOVVVVEEEE THIS GUY!

jjpro11
02-01-2011, 02:05 PM
watch here - http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/45/live/app

click on Steelers tab above all the Packers players' faces.

chitownpit
02-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Harrison is the man!! That dude has major sack!!

Yea ! Buddy!!!!!!!!:mad:

chitownpit
02-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Yea , even Michael Ervin said he was scared during their interview
before the AFC championship game . Mans got attitude by the truck load
that spreads through the defence .

caseyviator
02-01-2011, 03:02 PM
see the nfl should never become like the rest of society where its becoming a more kindler gentler world....a womans world!!

i hate that the strong fit alpha male is being drivin from society atleast lets leave it in nfl football where the biggest,strongest and nastiest win!!!!! instead of the regular world where woman deam whats acceptable uggggghhh sick of it.

need a big nuclear war to change it all back and get rid of 5 1/2 billion people and start over ,, no polititions ,,no taxes,,no police,, just live and let live,no more overpopulation....this is why it will never happen.....people in charge will lose their power so there is no way they ever launch um all!!!!

FanSince72
02-01-2011, 03:02 PM
I like the way he ended his speech with:

"Mr. Goodell".

SeinfeldNut
02-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Oh boy, I was waiting all week for what James Harrison was going to say during his time at Media Day, I have gotten more than I ever imagined!!!

FanSince72
02-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Tell you what though, if Goodell retaliates against everyone from the Steelers trashing him on Media Day by ordering the refs to start throwing flags, I figure our opening drive is gonna start at the far end of the parking lot.

But I'm still lovin' every minute of "Trash Goodell Day"

The Curtain's Crusader
02-01-2011, 03:26 PM
see the nfl should never become like the rest of society where its becoming a more kindler gentler world....a womans world!!

i hate that the strong fit alpha male is being drivin from society atleast lets leave it in nfl football where the biggest,strongest and nastiest win!!!!! instead of the regular world where woman deam whats acceptable uggggghhh sick of it.

need a big nuclear war to change it all back and get rid of 5 1/2 billion people and start over ,, no polititions ,,no taxes,,no police,, just live and let live,no more overpopulation....this is why it will never happen.....people in charge will lose their power so there is no way they ever launch um all!!!!

HUH? "woman's world", "NEED a big NUCLEAR war..." Someone got a little too excited about Harrison's comments. IMO

Farrior_roirraW
02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
"We are not trying to hit nobody hard. We don't want to get fined," Harrison said...

:chuckle:

SH-Rock
02-01-2011, 04:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d81e0bd6b/Media-Day-James-Harrison

very scary

Steelboy84
02-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't blame him. You have to cough up $100,000 for stupid penalties, I'd be pissed too.

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Harrison is going to crush Rodgers Skull and we are actually going to see Brain Juice leak out of Rodgers ear hole on live television.

4xSBChamps
02-01-2011, 04:54 PM
he (Harrison) is going to crush Rodgers Skull and we are actually going to see Brain Juice leak out of Rodgers ear hole on live television.

"...I will supply sufficient force to your blunt-skull...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/BeldarConeheadasSteelerfan.jpg

... ceasing your life-functions!!!

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 04:57 PM

lol what?

SteelersinCA
02-01-2011, 05:39 PM
i almost felt bad for kara. he really gave her the stare down and some pretty terse answers to her questions. typical james being mean ass james.

Eff that, ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.

"are you bitter?"

"They took $100,000 out of my pocket, yeah I'm bitter."

She couldn't get off that stage fast enough and I loved every second of it.

tony hipchest
02-01-2011, 05:46 PM
She couldn't get off that stage fast enough and I loved every second of it.

i like how he started laughing immediately after scaring her off.

SteelCityMom
02-01-2011, 05:56 PM
lol what?

Translation = I hates wimmenz! They's alwayz telling me whats to do and I HATES it!

"I have to go rub my wifes feet now. I wish she would just make me dinner and shut it."

Steelboy84
02-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Wasn't that idiot Goddell talking about having a franchise in Europe once?

The Curtain's Crusader
02-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Translation = I hates wimmenz! They's alwayz telling me whats to do and I HATES it!

"I have to go rub my wifes feet now. I wish she would just make me dinner and shut it."

LOL! But don't forget the "nuclear war" part.

SteelCityMom
02-01-2011, 06:22 PM

It's to blow up the wimmenz (because we are obviously not just what's wrong with the NFL, but the world in general) so the big, burly men can procreate with each other and start over again...with none of the same problems that big, burly men have created in the past. I think that's what he's getting at. More power to his little fantasies. :thumbsup:

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 06:29 PM

It's to blow up the wimmenz (because we are obviously not just what's wrong with the NFL, but the world in general) so the big, burly men can procreate with each other and start over again...with none of the same problems that big, burly men have created in the past. I think that's what he's getting at. More power to his little fantasies. :thumbsup:

:rofl::toofunny::rofl:

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I am just going to paste in this recap of James Harrison at media day in all its glory - enjoy:chuckle:

Steelers linebacker James Harrison is easily and without question the meanest and craziest man who will play in this game. If I didn't know any better, I would guess he purposefully made headlines Tuesday in an effort to solidify that title.

In the five minutes I stood near his podium, I heard Harrison mock the NFL, its commissioner and anyone who believes the game has gotten too rough. He asked if Goodell wants him to put a pillow down on the field before tackling someone. Harrison, who was fined $100,000 for what the NFL deemed illegal hits during the season, said his subsequent meetings with Goddell were "a waste of time" and that he is back to playing the way he did before the league started fining him.

As a small group of reporters stood stunned, Harrison went on. I was busy typing away on my ESPN-issue iPad for Countdown Live and wasn't recording. So let's give a hat tip to Kareem Copeland of the Green Bay Press-Gazette for transcribing what we heard. A sampling:

On if he thinks the NFL cares about keeping players safe:

JH: "The league is doing whatever they need to do that helps them make more money. If you hit Tom Brady [or] Peyton Manning and you concuss them and they can't play the next game, a lot of people might not [tune] in to see that."

On if the NFL made an example of him:

JH: "They needed somebody to make a poster-guy for their rule, and I seemed to be the most recognizable guy at the time. So, they went with me."

It's noteworthy when any player, let alone one on Harrison's level, takes a strong public stance against the league. For it to happen a few days before the Super Bowl only adds to its significance.

Still, it seems to me that above all else, Harrison views himself as a football warrior more than a victim. Taking a strong stand against limitations on hitting quarterbacks was, in my view, an effort at intimidation as much as anything. Some of his strongest comments came in that vein.

Harrison said he has suffered a concussion in an NFL game but it was "not bad enough to come out of a game." He added: "Put it like this: If you don't tell them, they don't know unless you get knocked out and you sitting there with your arms stuck in the air."

In mocking Goodell, Harrison said: "I don't want to hurt nobody. I don't want to step on nobody's foot or hurt their toe. I don't want to have no dirt or none of this rubber on this field to fly into their eye and make their eye hurt. I just want to tackle them softly on the ground and if y'all can, lay a pillow down where I'm a tackle them so they don't hit the ground too hard. OK, Mr. Goodell?"

Harrison's comments were spoken to the media, but I'm betting they were directed at the Packers. As in: Buckle up, boys. The NFL's meanest player is headed your way.:thumbsup:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/23760/page/espntexas/xlv-harrison-and-other-media-day-tidbits

This is the link to the transcript of Harrison's remarks by the Green Bay reporter
http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2011/02/01/harrison-rants-and-raves/

4xSBChamps
02-01-2011, 08:13 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrisonandBillCowherSB40mediaday.jpg

"... you said WHAT to das Kommisar???"

SteelersinCA
02-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Great find Dan!!!

Pentheon
02-01-2011, 08:42 PM
“Lay pillows down where I tackle them so they don’t get hurt when they hit the ground, Mr. Goodell,” Harrison said.

hahaha thats great, harrisons the man

BehindSteelCurtain
02-01-2011, 09:32 PM
His little smile after she brought up Polamalu winning DPOY

DFWSTEELERFAN
02-01-2011, 09:36 PM
I wish Loyd, Lambert and Harrison were in the same generation...:tt04:

I don't even think QB's would show up for the games...

mcg24
02-01-2011, 09:38 PM
The reason why his "pillow" comments were so funny was that I don't even believe he cracked a smile the whole time. Either the man is a ridiculously good comedian, or he is just dead serious pissed off (I think it is probably the latter, maybe with a little bit of the former mixed in).

fred
02-02-2011, 03:00 AM
Harrison did a great job! and gotta agree about how he ended it .............."Mr. Goodell"

Aussie Steeler
02-02-2011, 03:38 AM
I'd go gay for James Harrison. He's a real man haha what a badass

Atlanta Dan
02-02-2011, 07:43 AM
No surprise that Goodell's enforcer Ray Anderson in the league office does not share my amusement with Mr. Harrison's comments

Ray Anderson, the NFL's executive vice president of football operations, called Harrison's comments about unequal enforcement of the rules "misdirected" and said Tuesday: "Neither he nor anyone else was singled out. But he was a repeat offender and he was held accountable for that."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/01/AR2011020106210_2.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2011020106918

TRH
02-02-2011, 08:42 AM

hahaha thats great, harrisons the man

i liked when as soon as he said "Mr Goodell", he reared back and gave the scary tough guy look. BAD-A** !!!!!!!!

Steelrule
02-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Watched it last night. James was AWESOME! I pity Green Bay, I really do. He is on a mission and unless Badell has "instructed" the officiating crew to get him thrown out of the game, he is going to creat serious havoc. I love it!