PDA

View Full Version : Brubaker

Haiku_Dirtt
05-02-2006, 04:41 PM
East Stroudsburg University kicker Mark Brubaker signs. I'm pretty sure that ESU has regulation field goals. Right? I doubt Jeff Reed is sweating. Has anyone ever heard about this guy.

"Brubaker from 52 yards out" ... sounds pretty good.

When I read this it makes me think the Steelers even have scouts on the North Pole.

clevestinks
05-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Just another foot in camp, Reed is safe!

South Pole also

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Reed knows how to kick in Heinz Field thats all I care about. Kris Brown was a very good kicker for the Steelers until Heinz Field opened. That year Brown had a terrible year and wasn't back with the team. Reed has been a very good kicker for us especially at Heinz.

Ward86MVP
05-02-2006, 05:39 PM
I think it's a good think that Coach Cowher brings in competition at the kicker and punter positions. It makes the returning veterans work harder to retain their position, because they know they can't slip up or have repeated poor performances in the preseason, or they may be out of a job.

That being said, Jeff Reed has been one of the most solid kickers in Steelers history. He was a great find by Kevin Colbert and Coach Cowher.

Hines Alou
05-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Theres somethin about UNC that the Steelers are good with...

first Jeff, then Willie

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2006, 05:49 PM
I think it's a good think that Coach Cowher brings in competition at the kicker and punter positions. It makes the returning veterans work harder to retain their position, because they know they can't slip up or have repeated poor performances in the preseason, or they may be out of a job.

That being said, Jeff Reed has been one of the most solid kickers in Steelers history. He was a great find by Kevin Colbert and Coach Cowher.

Good post and I agree 100%.

tony hipchest
05-02-2006, 06:23 PM

funny thing is out of the 5 kickers they had in for tryouts cowher and colbert decided on reed cause his last name had the fewest letters and would be cheaper and easier on the equipment managers to get his jerseys out. :sofunny:

ok. thats a tall tale but it was something pretty whimsical that led to reed getting signed.