PDA

View Full Version : Johnathan Joseph is going to eat Holmes's lunch.

Palmers Knee
05-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Just messing around fellas. Settle down. Incase anyone didn't know, he's the CB the Bengals took in the 1st round, right behind Holmes.

tony hipchest
05-02-2006, 09:08 PM
good thing steelers always bring their lunch pails to work then.

id be more worried about sam adams eating his lunch (along with everyones in the bengals locker room).

Palmers Knee
05-02-2006, 09:24 PM
that would be fine with me. just as long as he makes it through camp without having a heart attack. 400 pounds would be okay with me.

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Really? Is that who he is?

Palmers Knee
05-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Who? Joseph? Sporting News had him as the no.1 ranked CB in their draft preview, and he ran a 4.31 at the combine. He's kind of like Chad Johnson in the fact that he only played on year of major college ball.

Hines Alou
05-02-2006, 09:31 PM
who won Super Bowl XL? I seriously cant remember...

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2006, 09:33 PM
The Bengals won Super Bowl XL silly.

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Breaking News: We just found out that Johnathan Joseph is GOD.

Petesburgh66
05-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Johnathan Joseph = pin drop pick of the 1st round.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Im anxious to see those 2 go at it..but the chances of that happening this year arent very good as Holmes will see most of his playing time on special teams and maybe in 4 WR sets unless an injury happens.

Koopa
05-03-2006, 01:07 AM
i think holmes will be are 3rd wr right off the bat he is already better then everything we have except ward, the only reason wilson will start is because wilson has been here longer so that makes him starter by default.

coachspeak33
05-03-2006, 09:53 AM
I want to agree with you Koopa, but the drafting of Willie Reid (especially when you consider that they might have reached for him slightly in round three) is an indicator for me that they arent going to utilize him him the return game a whole lot. According to most sources, Reid has a long way to go to be an effective WR in the NFL. He was drafted, in my opinion, in Rd 3 to replace Randle El's return productivity.

Either way though, by midseason i think Ben will get Holmes involved on O.

Okle Dokle

clevestinks
05-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Bring it on! Holmes is just one of many weapons! Actually Joseph does look good

83-Steelers-43
05-03-2006, 09:54 AM
I would not be surprised to see Holmes take Wilson's spot before the season is over.

coachspeak33
05-03-2006, 09:55 AM
I am sorry ... I meant Blitzburgh... not Koopaa

Haiku_Dirtt
05-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Who? Joseph? Sporting News had him as the no.1 ranked CB in their draft preview, and he ran a 4.31 at the combine. He's kind of like Chad Johnson in the fact that he only played on year of major college ball.

major college ball...

You are confusing that 'nice little program' down in Carolina with Southern California.

Haiku_Dirtt
05-03-2006, 03:41 PM
I would not be surprised to see Holmes take Wilson's spot before the season is over.

Ced is probably not too happy after last weekend. No doubt his eyes are in the rear view mirror.

Antwan who?

Suitanim
05-03-2006, 03:43 PM

Now wait a second here...you just said you didn't think TSN's draft value board was worth a bucket of warm piss in another thread, and now you are quoting that same board when it benefits your selection?

mopit55
05-03-2006, 04:01 PM
holmes is the receiver who has more instinct for the one and one vs joseph. he could eat many cornerbacks in his first year and it's not joseph who can stop him.

BBC
05-03-2006, 05:07 PM
i think holmes will be are 3rd wr right off the bat he is already better then everything we have except ward, the only reason wilson will start is because wilson has been here longer so that makes him starter by default.

I wouldn't say that he's already better than averything we have except Ward. While I like the Holmes pick, and I hope to see him contribute next year, he hasn't caught one pass for the Steelers yet. It's a bit pre-mature to claim he's better than the likes of Quincy Morgan and Cedric Wilson (maybe even Nate Washington).

But I digress. I'd be surprised to see Joseph even step onto the field this season, let alone "eat Homes' lunch."

Hines Alou
05-03-2006, 05:23 PM
As hard as it is to say, because I personally know cedrick wilson, I think Santonio will be number 2 before the seasons over.

Only reason why Im making this prediction is because its not very difficult to overcome Cedrick Wilson and Quincy Morgan on the depth chart. Both are decent wideouts, but still not that difficult.

Palmers Knee
05-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Now wait a second here...you just said you didn't think TSN's draft value board was worth a bucket of warm piss in another thread, and now you are quoting that same board when it benefits your selection?

I was just using it as a frame of reference. I don't care what publication it is, if they have a guy no.1, he's pretty good. In general though, you're right, I don't put much stock into the so called draft experts. Like I said previously... if they were that good, they'd be working for an NFL team.

Palmers Knee
05-03-2006, 08:22 PM
I'd be surprised to see Joseph even step onto the field this season, let alone "eat Homes' lunch."

You know what, I hope you're right. That's a sign the Bengals are for real. They didn't draft anyone to fill a position, they drafted for depth and the future.

Suitanim
05-03-2006, 08:23 PM
I was just using it as a frame of reference. I don't care what publication it is, if they have a guy no.1, he's pretty good. In general though, you're right, I don't put much stock into the so called draft experts. Like I said previously... if they were that good, they'd be working for an NFL team.

Matt Millen works for an NFL team.

desertsteel
05-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Im anxious to see those 2 go at it..but the chances of that happening this year arent very good as Holmes will see most of his playing time on special teams and maybe in 4 WR sets unless an injury happens.
You're joking right? Cowher sent the message in the draft when he took WRs with 2 of the first three picks. People who think we're not going to be more wide open next year and that SH is not going to be a big part of it are kidding themselves.

Palmers Knee
05-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Remember what happened the last time you guys tried to open up the offense? I'd stick to what got you to the SUPER BOWL!

Palmers Knee
05-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Sorry, I posted twice.

HburgXL06
05-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Remember what happened the last time you guys tried to open up the offense? I'd stick to what got you to the SUPER BOWL!

Yea, it gave us a win against cincy, Indy, and Denver....and Seattle. Great memories! Thanks for bringin them up!

BuFu

Palmers Knee
05-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Yea, it gave us a win against cincy, Indy, and Denver....and Seattle. Great memories! Thanks for bringin them up!

BuFu

You're an idiot. If I was referring to last year, I wouldn't have ended it with "what got you to the Super Bowl"? The last time you tried to open it up was 2 or 3 years ago when you thought Tommy Maddox was the next Dan Marino. You had Burress, Ward, Randle El.... I know you remember. It took one year of that to knock the sense back into management. That's not Steelers football, and I don't expect to see that change anytime soon.

Palmers Knee
05-04-2006, 09:30 PM

533 Pass Attempts
446 Rushes

Record - 6-10

Stick to the grind it out game, opening it up got you into trouble.

Koopa
05-04-2006, 09:52 PM
so you saying big ben is maddox???? we are a totally different team then we were in 2003. we can open it up more cause we got better wrs we got a million times better qb. of course we are still gonna run the ball more but don't compare big ben to maddox and that is what you are doing when you bring up maddox in 03

Palmers Knee
05-04-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm just saying you should stick with what works. You did just win the Super Bowl didn't you. Opening it up means less time of possesion and more time on defense. I wasn't taking a shot, I'm just saying running the ball and playing good defense has worked for you, and when you tried something different, you went 6-10.

But to your point about having better recievers, I disagree. Burress is a proven comodity, Holmes hasn't proven anything yet. And Ward was younger and better in 2003.

HburgXL06
05-04-2006, 11:52 PM
You're an idiot. If I was referring to last year, I wouldn't have ended it with "what got you to the Super Bowl"? The last time you tried to open it up was 2 or 3 years ago when you thought Tommy Maddox was the next Dan Marino. You had Burress, Ward, Randle El.... I know you remember. It took one year of that to knock the sense back into management. That's not Steelers football, and I don't expect to see that change anytime soon.

Great comeback dipshit. See, I can call names too ya lil bitch! I do remember those seasons and it was a building time. I do remember some pretty good plays with Ward and Burress. But Maddox is not Big Ben. He was a already over the hill QB that we got from the XFL that turned out better than we had ever hoped, but he wasn't super bowl material. If you had watched this years playoffs especially against Denver you would have noticed Ben's ability to throw. We are a runnin game team and a strong one at that but that never means we can't have a strong QB that can't throw the ball. You saw the throw from ARE to Big Ben to Cedric Wilson in the cincy game as well I'm sure so you know that Ben can toss pretty damn well. So I don't want to hear how I'm an idiot when you're the dumb*ass who never referred to any specific time period in your post.

Oh, and by the way, I'm still waitin on an explanation for that other post you made in another thread regardin my race. I know you editted it out but I saw it and am still wantin you to explain that to me. You wanna play smartass wit me you better come harder than that. So whenever you would be ever so kind I would appreciate it if you would enlighten me motherf*cker!

BuFu

SteelShooter
05-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Ced is probably not too happy after last weekend. No doubt his eyes are in the rear view mirror.

Antwan who?

I agree with that! I really don't think Bill has completely forgotten Cedric's two little interviews from mid-season last year. You just do not make remarks like that in SteelTown. It was a case of whining, however slight, but Bill hates it. We'll see..............

I agree with the other posts, by mid-season Santonio will be getting some regular grabs.....I really can't wait to see him burn some of these secondary's out there!

Koopa
05-05-2006, 02:23 AM
I'm just saying you should stick with what works. You did just win the Super Bowl didn't you. Opening it up means less time of possesion and more time on defense. I wasn't taking a shot, I'm just saying running the ball and playing good defense has worked for you, and when you tried something different, you went 6-10.

But to your point about having better recievers, I disagree. Burress is a proven comodity, Holmes hasn't proven anything yet. And Ward was younger and better in 2003.

and i wouldn't say we tried to do something else we were forced to, amos was our starter at the start but he sucked ass and then the bus wasn't healthy all year so we didn't have no one to run the ball.

Palmers Knee
05-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Oh, and by the way, I'm still waitin on an explanation for that other post you made in another thread regardin my race. I know you editted it out but I saw it and am still wantin you to explain that to me. You wanna play smartass wit me you better come harder than that. So whenever you would be ever so kind I would appreciate it if you would enlighten me motherf*cker!

BuFu

If I had the time to go back and find your post I would, but since you've still got a hard-on about what I said, here's why ... you're a wigger. Anyone with half a brain would have thought the poster, you, was a black man. It was almost as if you were going out of your way to sound ghetto. So there is my explanation, like you didn't already know why I said it.

Palmers Knee
05-05-2006, 02:13 PM
It's "with", not "wit". "Waiting", not "waitin".

You're probably typing away from your $500,000 house that daddy bought, with your hat on sideways and a throwback jersey of some sort, aren't you. Wigger.

Palmers Knee
05-05-2006, 02:13 PM
At least you're a convincing wigger. I really did think you were black. Congrats!

Palmers Knee
05-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Nothing worse than a wigger. Nothing!

83-Steelers-43
05-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Oh boy......

HburgXL06
05-05-2006, 03:30 PM
If I had the time to go back and find your post I would, but since you've still got a hard-on about what I said, here's why ... you're a wigger. Anyone with half a brain would have thought the poster, you, was a black man. It was almost as if you were going out of your way to sound ghetto. So there is my explanation, like you didn't already know why I said it.

Oh helllll no! I know you didn't. Seriously can you be more ignorant?! I got angry because, yea, I didn't understand why my race (whether I was white, black, or red) had anythin to do wit my argument. I didn't think it did since we were talkin bout football but apparently my race somehow changes my opinion drastically and also somehow affects my credibility. But for some reason you couldn't argue the point I was makin about football and had to attempt to insult my race and who I am. Now you doin it again where you for some reason can't argue against what I said about football but would rather attack who I am and who I be. Do you know me? Do you know where I come from and what I been through? I'm doubtful of that considerin you prolly ain't never seen me ever in your life. The way I am today is not because I'm tryin to be somethin I'm not and it's ignorant bitches like you who only strengthen my resolve. I didn't just wake up one day and say I was gonna act like somebody or some group of people. I became this way over time and I've always put a lot of thought into who I am and what I believe in every day of my life so that when I encounter a person like you who tells me who I have to be I'm ready. You're the one bein ignorant and tellin me because of the color of my skin I immediately have to follow some ethnic or cultural stereotypes. I'm supposed to wear flip flops and polos wit popped collars and listen to rock music when instead I'm wearin FUBU and Air Force One's and listen to Jay-Z, Chamillionaire, and Tupac. If I was a black man and I spoke (typed whatever) and dressed like a "white man" would you tell him the same thing that he had to dress ghetto and talk wit an accent? If you would let me know because then all my questions will be answered right there. I don't go out of my way to appear ghetto or "hard" or whatever because I know that I'm not the hardest or ghettoest guy anywhere but I know I am not you're typical white boy. Because I don't follow your rules of how people should be based on their ethnicity or culture I'm the ones wit the problems and needs to change. Am I allowed to question you in the same way you questionin me on who you are? Have I questioned you? No. I came here to talk football and to do so wit polite and respectful people and for the most part that is what I find here. I argue my case wherever and whenever I feel appropriate and if I make a mistake and f*ck up I apologize. But I'm not the one f*ckin up here. Go ahead and call me whatever you want because I've heard it all before and you're just another lil ignorant bitch to me!

It's "with", not "wit". "Waiting", not "waitin".

You're probably typing away from your $500,000 house that daddy bought, with your hat on sideways and a throwback jersey of some sort, aren't you. Wigger.

This is a casual forum. I'm not here to write a letter to the president and be all proper. I therefore do not type like I am doin so. I type in a manner that is quick and comfortable and expresses a similar effect as if I was talkin directly to the people here. You'd here me talk like that if you saw me on the street. Just because of how I talk does not take away from the argument I make or at least should not because of the fact that wherever you go from Britain to India to America the english language is spoken wit a different accent and different slang. I can be articulate as I want to and if I have to be courteous for some mono-cultured people and talk "white" I do so but for the most part people on this forum and where I come from understand differences in language and slang and can understand the message bein said witout demeanin the person sayin it.

Oh, and no I'm not in my daddy's house, I do tilt my fitted, and I don't own any throwbacks because they too damn expensive. A white tee does me just fine most of the time. My parents do not own a 500 grand house but all that they have is what they earned. Nothin was given to them and nothin was ever given to me either. I had to earn whatever I received in life. That's how my parents were brought up and that's how I was brought up so don't even make assumptions because you only makin an ass of yourself. If you are so concerned wit where I am I happen to be in a college dorm room. I had the motivation to do better than what I saw around me and got myself into college so like my parents I could make myself successful in life. You can read that however you want but I know everyone here will agree wit me that no matter who you are it's always a good idea to get a good education to succeed. The fact that I want to make myself a better person doesn't take away from who I am or whoever you think I am.

At least you're a convincing wigger. I really did think you were black. Congrats!

Really? That just makes me feel so much better about my wigger self. Thanks. Maybe it is because, as I said earlier, I grew up in a culturally diverse area and all my good friends were (surprise) black! I already explained how I type versus how I talk so that should already be answered.

I'll admit that there are a lot of wiggers out there that do try to act black and don't really know who they are or what they are doin. I've seen them. I've dealt wit them, and I don't like them either. I know I'm not one of them. I ain't never come at you in any way tryin to be hard or threatenin. This is a football site and I came here for football talk. I gave you football talk and football arguments and you in turn gave me back nothin but personal insults and attacks on who I am and what I believe in. So to date you're the one wit the weaker argument and lackin in cranial matter. I ain't gonna come at you and threaten you wit anythin because that would be pointless. Anyone can be a hardass over the internet and I've had to deal wit all sorts of those types and I won't belittle myself to that level. But I don't ever want to meet you in person. You can respond however you want to this and say that my arguments give evidence that I'm less of whatever you think I am or that I'm just blowin smoke but I know who I am, who I be, what I believe in, and the arguments I'm makin so until you can give me a response that I can actually have a challenge wit I'm done dealin wit your ass.

BuFu

HburgXL06
05-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Oh boy......

Sorry man. Peace.

BuFu

83-Steelers-43
05-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Sorry man. Peace.

BuFu

No reason to apologize.

HburgXL06
05-05-2006, 03:45 PM
No reason to apologize.

I do feel a little bad because this is at least the second (possibly third) time that a new member has instigated this type of argument wit me and I'm sure a lot of you guys are gettin tired of it. After this I'll keep this thread in constant reference for when (not if) the next person comes along and tries to give a similar argument against me. Peace.

BuFu

CantStop85
05-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Can't we all just get along?

clevestinks
05-05-2006, 09:14 PM
LOL And its May, wait until Sept. LOL:sofunny:

HburgXL06
05-05-2006, 10:48 PM

I'm all for one love man. I mean I remember we went at it a lil while back but we chill now. Plus we got that redhead pride. I never will hate on anyone, I just try to defend myself when someone comes after me. I apologize to everyone for blowin up on the boy and takin up your time makin you read all that. Peace.

BuFu

Suitanim
05-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Hburg would have been a good candidate to help write the bible back in the day...

HburgXL06
05-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Hburg would have been a good candidate to help write the bible back in the day...

Lol. Why do you say that?

BuFu

Suitanim
05-05-2006, 11:19 PM
This.

Oh helllll no! I know you didn't. Seriously can you be more ignorant?! I got angry because, yea, I didn't understand why my race (whether I was white, black, or red) had anythin to do wit my argument. I didn't think it did since we were talkin bout football but apparently my race somehow changes my opinion drastically and also somehow affects my credibility. But for some reason you couldn't argue the point I was makin about football and had to attempt to insult my race and who I am. Now you doin it again where you for some reason can't argue against what I said about football but would rather attack who I am and who I be. Do you know me? Do you know where I come from and what I been through? I'm doubtful of that considerin you prolly ain't never seen me ever in your life. The way I am today is not because I'm tryin to be somethin I'm not and it's ignorant bitches like you who only strengthen my resolve. I didn't just wake up one day and say I was gonna act like somebody or some group of people. I became this way over time and I've always put a lot of thought into who I am and what I believe in every day of my life so that when I encounter a person like you who tells me who I have to be I'm ready. You're the one bein ignorant and tellin me because of the color of my skin I immediately have to follow some ethnic or cultural stereotypes. I'm supposed to wear flip flops and polos wit popped collars and listen to rock music when instead I'm wearin FUBU and Air Force One's and listen to Jay-Z, Chamillionaire, and Tupac. If I was a black man and I spoke (typed whatever) and dressed like a "white man" would you tell him the same thing that he had to dress ghetto and talk wit an accent? If you would let me know because then all my questions will be answered right there. I don't go out of my way to appear ghetto or "hard" or whatever because I know that I'm not the hardest or ghettoest guy anywhere but I know I am not you're typical white boy. Because I don't follow your rules of how people should be based on their ethnicity or culture I'm the ones wit the problems and needs to change. Am I allowed to question you in the same way you questionin me on who you are? Have I questioned you? No. I came here to talk football and to do so wit polite and respectful people and for the most part that is what I find here. I argue my case wherever and whenever I feel appropriate and if I make a mistake and f*ck up I apologize. But I'm not the one f*ckin up here. Go ahead and call me whatever you want because I've heard it all before and you're just another lil ignorant bitch to me!

This is a casual forum. I'm not here to write a letter to the president and be all proper. I therefore do not type like I am doin so. I type in a manner that is quick and comfortable and expresses a similar effect as if I was talkin directly to the people here. You'd here me talk like that if you saw me on the street. Just because of how I talk does not take away from the argument I make or at least should not because of the fact that wherever you go from Britain to India to America the english language is spoken wit a different accent and different slang. I can be articulate as I want to and if I have to be courteous for some mono-cultured people and talk "white" I do so but for the most part people on this forum and where I come from understand differences in language and slang and can understand the message bein said witout demeanin the person sayin it.

Oh, and no I'm not in my daddy's house, I do tilt my fitted, and I don't own any throwbacks because they too damn expensive. A white tee does me just fine most of the time. My parents do not own a 500 grand house but all that they have is what they earned. Nothin was given to them and nothin was ever given to me either. I had to earn whatever I received in life. That's how my parents were brought up and that's how I was brought up so don't even make assumptions because you only makin an ass of yourself. If you are so concerned wit where I am I happen to be in a college dorm room. I had the motivation to do better than what I saw around me and got myself into college so like my parents I could make myself successful in life. You can read that however you want but I know everyone here will agree wit me that no matter who you are it's always a good idea to get a good education to succeed. The fact that I want to make myself a better person doesn't take away from who I am or whoever you think I am.

Really? That just makes me feel so much better about my wigger self. Thanks. Maybe it is because, as I said earlier, I grew up in a culturally diverse area and all my good friends were (surprise) black! I already explained how I type versus how I talk so that should already be answered.

I'll admit that there are a lot of wiggers out there that do try to act black and don't really know who they are or what they are doin. I've seen them. I've dealt wit them, and I don't like them either. I know I'm not one of them. I ain't never come at you in any way tryin to be hard or threatenin. This is a football site and I came here for football talk. I gave you football talk and football arguments and you in turn gave me back nothin but personal insults and attacks on who I am and what I believe in. So to date you're the one wit the weaker argument and lackin in cranial matter. I ain't gonna come at you and threaten you wit anythin because that would be pointless. Anyone can be a hardass over the internet and I've had to deal wit all sorts of those types and I won't belittle myself to that level. But I don't ever want to meet you in person. You can respond however you want to this and say that my arguments give evidence that I'm less of whatever you think I am or that I'm just blowin smoke but I know who I am, who I be, what I believe in, and the arguments I'm makin so until you can give me a response that I can actually have a challenge wit I'm done dealin wit your ass.

BuFu

HburgXL06
05-05-2006, 11:22 PM
This.

Well I'm articulate and I argue so that I try not to give the opposition a way out. I try to cover every possible argument they might bring up against me and kill it before they can even say it. I get heated...sorry man. Lol.

BuFu

Koopa
05-06-2006, 02:19 AM
alright chamillionaire made it in that long ass post lol

Midnightwriter07
05-06-2006, 12:41 PM
umm i dont give a shit waht color someone is , what they look like, what they do on their own time or if thier daddy bought them a 500,000 house... i wish somoene would be me one cause mine was only 120 000 and i sure would like a pool with one of those lil waterfall things on the end while drinking my margarita with one of thsoe lil umbrellas in them like i have when in Mexico.

As long as somoene is a Steeler fan, i am fine with em.

now back to this original post... I dont care what Joseph can do... Holmes is not and will not be our primary target, the Bengals have about 4 people to worry about so maybe they should of have drafted a few more corners to be able to cover everyone we have.