PDA

View Full Version : 06 Offensive/Defensive Rookies of the Year

tony hipchest
05-02-2006, 10:10 PM
o.k. its not to early for this post. on the heels of the draft, who will win the accolades?

offensive- deangello williams. this offense has made 4th string running backs look like studs. if he gets the shot c. williams got last year, he should easilly outpreform cadillacs rookie year.

defensive- manny lawson. i just like this dudes potential and upside. kind of reminds me of a defensive version of matt jones last season. with nolan and singletary as his coaches, and nothing to lose, it could be no holds barred for him.

Livinginthe past
05-03-2006, 01:09 AM
o.k. its not to early for this post. on the heels of the draft, who will win the accolades?

offensive- deangello williams. this offense has made 4th string running backs look like studs. if he gets the shot c. williams got last year, he should easilly outpreform cadillacs rookie year.

defensive- manny lawson. i just like this dudes potential and upside. kind of reminds me of a defensive version of matt jones last season. with nolan and singletary as his coaches, and nothing to lose, it could be no holds barred for him.

Nice topic tony!

On offense I am going to agree with your selection of DeAngelo Williams - and for pretty much the same reasons - that line is comparable to Denvers in getting excellent return from 4th choice RB's through to converted FB's.

On defense my No.1 candidate is A.J. Hawk - non-stop competitor who wont be short of playing time or tackles in Green Bay.

NM

MasterOfPuppets
05-03-2006, 01:42 AM
offense-vernon davis...perfect go to guy in the middle for a young qb,and will be sf's best reciever.
defense-a.j. hawk....see above post

Ohio Steeler
05-03-2006, 01:53 AM
offense: Reggie Buch he will become a work horse for the Saints and carry the ball around 15 to 20 times a game for around 150 to 200 yards a game.

defense: A.J Hawk not much to say other then the QB's of the NFC better watch out there is a Hawk on the loose in Green Bay

CantStop85
05-03-2006, 04:43 PM
offense: Reggie Buch he will become a work horse for the Saints and carry the ball around 15 to 20 times a game for around 150 to 200 yards a game.

hahahaha :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

15-20 carries, man Reggie really is gonna be a workhorse!

If you think Reggie's getting 150-200 rushing yards a game on 15-20 carries, you're crazy.

If DeAngelo Williams starts for Denver, I don't know how you can't say it'll be him. I also like AJ Hawk as DROTY.

BBC
05-03-2006, 05:03 PM

Matt Jones didn't win offensive rookie of the year ;)

I'd pick Leinart and Hawk. Warner will have the same thing happen to him in New York, only difference is that Matt will step up with the plethera of weapons he is provided with. AJ is just an athlete that will make any play possible, much like Merriman of last season.

tony hipchest
05-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Matt Jones didn't win offensive rookie of the year ;)

I'd pick Leinart and Hawk. Warner will have the same thing happen to him in New York, only difference is that Matt will step up with the plethera of weapons he is provided with. AJ is just an athlete that will make any play possible, much like Merriman of last season. c. williams did (hence the comparrison to d. williams). lawson/ jones comparrison was that of their size and freakish capabilities. i cant argue against hawk. i think that is who will be projected to win it. and it would be a bit of a reach to compare lawson to last years defensive r o t y, s. merriman. but it sounds like he definitely has that potential, especially with nolan and singletary coaching him. the opportunities will be there if you look at j. petersons vacated role.

tony hipchest
05-03-2006, 05:21 PM

If DeAngelo Williams starts for Denver, I don't know how you can't say it'll be him. I also like AJ Hawk as DROTY.

actually its probably retarded to pick anyone other than reggie bush. i remember all the skeptics who questioned whether l. tomlinsons game would translate to the nfl and everyone has been skeptical of lt,s preformance behind san diegos pourous line.

anyways d. williams will play for carolina, whos ability to churn out 100 yd rushing games despite who steps in, is comparable to denvers.

Ohio Steeler
05-03-2006, 05:24 PM

If you think Reggie's getting 150-200 rushing yards a game on 15-20 carries, you're crazy.

I was just putting it out there you and he very well can do it

MasterOfPuppets
05-03-2006, 05:43 PM

ooops

Suitanim
05-03-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm going LenDale White and AJ Hawk.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Well DeAngelo Williams and AJ Hawk are very good picks. Plus its hard to argue against Reggie Bush.

But I'm going to go with Joseph Addai for my offensive rookie of the year. I think he fits in with the Colts very well. Plus has the talent around him to help him post very good numbers.

My defensive rookie of the year is Michael Huff. I think this guy will make a ton of plays for the Raiders.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Offensive- Reggie Bush.He is gonna be a starter right out of the gate.He'll be returning punts and kickoffs,getting some handoffs,passes out of the backfield,and he'll be used as a wideout in some situations too.No way he doesn't rack up almost 2,000 yards of total yards this year if not more.

Defensive- AJ Hawk.This guy is just a playmaker.He will also be starting right off the bat in that horrid Green Bay defense,and will be racking up the tackles and sacks.It won't be enough to take GB to the playoffs,but he will lead all rookies in tackles and be up there in sacks also.If he loses it to anyone,it'll be Mario Williams.

Livinginthe past
07-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Thought i'd give this topic a nudge to the top of the pile - see if some of the new guys wanted to share their picks with us.

NM

CowherLover
07-04-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm pickin Santonio and A J!!! :bouncy:
Yes, I'm a homer!

lilyoder6
07-04-2006, 05:59 PM
i will go with vince young with offensive rookie or vernon davis
for defense rookie i will go with mario williams or hawk

BB2W
07-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Offense: Joeseph Adai

Defense: Tamba Hali

BlackNGold203
07-04-2006, 06:21 PM
WOW...how did I miss this thread 1st time through????

Offense....I see an early Warner injury (big surprise)...and Leinhart stepping in...with Edge, Bouldin, and Fitz...having a big year

Defense?...Wow...gott go with all the Buckeye fans here....AJ Hawk...he's gonna tear it up...

Livinginthe past
12-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Bump

tony hipchest
12-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Bumpoops. no wonder i couldnt find this thread. i forgot i started it! i thught it had gotten more responses. looks like lilyoder6 could be the closest. v. young + a houston defender.

i definitely wouldnt argue with r. bush.

v. young has definitely had the best rookie season for a qb since big ben won the honor. hard to argue what hes done especially considering what k. collins did. (im thinking s. mcnair couldve done better though)

tony hipchest
01-03-2007, 06:39 PM
and the awards go to vince young and demeco ryans. m coulston and m. jones drew were tied in 2nd, r. mcniel came in 3rd, and r. bush 4th, for the offensive honors.

boLT fan
01-03-2007, 07:06 PM
and the awards go to vince young and demeco ryans. m coulston and m. jones drew were tied in 2nd, r. mcniel came in 3rd, and r. bush 4th, for the offensive honors.

Who's R. Mcniel?

Do you mean M(arcus) Mcniel?

tony hipchest
01-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Who's R. Mcniel?

Do you mean M(arcus) Mcniel? yep. bolts rookie linemen (i think hes only allowed 2 sacks all season). and to think... if he were drafted by the steelers he wouldnt play unless there was an injury or 2 or he had 3-4 years to sit around and "learn the system".

Livinginthe past
01-04-2007, 12:56 AM
You guys are talking about M. McNeill, right :wink02:

Sometimes having a weakness in your lineup allows a rookie to shine earlier than expected - thats why Santonio had the opportunity to have such a good year.

NM

mashunter18
01-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Congrats to Vince Young...:cheers:

Livinginthe past
01-05-2007, 01:07 AM

Welcome to the forum Titans fan!

:cheers:

NM

Hines0wnz
01-05-2007, 03:35 PM

National Champion to NFL Rookie of the Year!

Who needs a heisman? :flap:

LONGHORNS!