PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday news and notes

mesaSteeler
02-01-2011, 09:17 PM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard on Tuesday nights throughout the season from 7 to 9 p.m. on WBGG 970-AM.
Tuesday, February 01, 2011
Tuesday news and notes

Media day has finally ended for me as I've filed my stories for the day and filled in with Bill Hillgrove on a radio show on 104.7-FM.

Media day wasn't nearly as crazy as the first three that I've covered. I attribute that to the weather.

Many of the bozos who would have normally attended this function probably didn't make it in thanks to the four inches of ice on all the roads here in northern Texas.

That allowed for a little more nugget digging from those of us who were actually there to, you know, be actual media members.

I spoke to both Trai Essex and Dorian Brooks about the Steelers' backup plan at center if Doug Legursky is pushed into the starting lineup thanks to the injury to Maurkice Pouncey.

The snaps that Essex took at center last week were the first snaps he's taken there all season - which isn't promising.

Brooks hasn't really played the position, either. Remember, he was a college guard that the Steelers decided to move to center.

At this point, if Legursky has to start, it appears the Steelers feel more confident using Essex at center, than Brooks.

They'll go with a player who at least has some NFL experience rather than throwing a undrafted rookie out there for his first game on the world's biggest stage.

I also spoke with Aaron Smith, who will have an MRI Wednesday to see if he's healed enough to possibly play in the Super Bowl.

Smith said even if he doesn't play, he hopes to play another year or two.

He also seemed to be resigned to the fact that he probably won't play.

Note to Peter King: The difference between a couple of dozen Steelers not having Ben Roethlisberger's back and a couple of dozen NFL players from around the league is a chasm as big as the Grand Canyon.

Just sayin'

Merchant
02-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Dorian Brooks? Who the f...

SH-Rock
02-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Dorian Brooks? Who the f...

When did we get him?

El Nino
02-01-2011, 10:56 PM
man we shoulda kept AQ shipley at least to be a backup lol