PDA

View Full Version : Think Sweed is definitely done?

steelers2685
02-01-2011, 08:46 PM
After witnessing the coming out of Sanders and Brown this year, do you think that is all she wrote for Sweed?

mesaSteeler
02-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Stick a fork in him.

LegendSteel
02-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I say give him another shot if space and money allow. He was fairly committed to turning things around and starting anew, changing his number and everything, but had a freak accident type of injury. Let him follow up on that commitment to see if he was serious.

steelerchad
02-01-2011, 09:08 PM
1 more camp. If he's not lights out in camp, cut him and move on. I like the size he has, so I think you have to give him 1 more shot.

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 09:16 PM
1 more camp. If he's not lights out in camp, cut him and move on. I like the size he has, so I think you have to give him 1 more shot.
This is pretty much what is going to happen. He still has one more year left on his contract so they'll give him a shot to earn a spot on the team.

El Nino
02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
he's got 1 more shot, but it's his last

tony hipchest
02-01-2011, 09:25 PM
sweed and colon had the same achilles injury (sweeds happened before colon).

i have seen colon at dick lebeaus HOF induction, just about every week i can spot him on the sidelines on television (along with starks).

today, starks, colon, sepulveda were all included in the team photo (sweed wasnt).

sweed hasnt been seen or heard from all season.

i was one who stuck by him til the end, and felt he deserved every chance. he got his last chance, and i think the end has already passed.

he had a few good chances and i will always appreciate the lesson he taught sanders and brown. CATCH THE BALL and seize your opportunity.

SteelMember
02-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Sweed? Who's Sweed? :huh:

Ohhh. That guy. :chuckle:

El Nino
02-01-2011, 09:34 PM
sweed pee'd the bed as a toddler and still does

MACH1
02-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Draft day trade bait?

steelerchad
02-01-2011, 09:39 PM
sweed and colon had the same achilles injury (sweeds happened before colon).

i have seen colon at dick lebeaus HOF induction, just about every week i can spot him on the sidelines on television (along with starks).

today, starks, colon, sepulveda were all included in the team photo (sweed wasnt).

sweed hasnt been seen or heard from all season.

i was one who stuck by him til the end, and felt he deserved every chance. he got his last chance, and i think the end has already passed.

he had a few good chances and i will always appreciate the lesson he taught sanders and brown. CATCH THE BALL and seize your opportunity.

I didn't realize he hasn't been around all year, but I guess I haven't seen him and I did see Colon a few times. Oh well, you can't hit on all your draft picks. Looks like we got 3 young WR's who can play. 2 in the 3rd and 1 in the 6th. I'll take it.

SteelMember
02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Draft day trade bait?

If Holmes was worth a 5th, we should be able to get one of those spike changing tools for Sweed. A nice chrome one... With a lifetime warranty. :noidea:

:chuckle:

Merchant
02-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Sweed wasn't in the team photo? Really?

Oh well. Maybe he's out in the mountains somewhere.. working out Rocky style.. preparing for an unprecedented season...!!

Probably not though lol. That's disappointing to learn actually. I was pulling for the guy. It was kind of heart-breaking when he got put on IR. I think his psyche is just annihalated right now.

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 09:56 PM
I'd like to see him get one more chance. Ward and Randle El won't be around much longer and it would be nice to see him finally step up and redeem himself and snag a spot as a fourth or fifth WR once they go.

steelers2685
02-01-2011, 10:06 PM
I was thinking that it'd be cool to see him play with Sanders and Brown and Wallace. This group already reminds me of a nice all around, non-flashy name group like the Saints. To have Sweed make things right and produce for the team would be a nice redemption story. I periodically watch highlights of him on youtube and just wonder What if???

pittguy578
02-01-2011, 10:40 PM
The only way Sweed has a chance is if Ward retires which doesn't appear as if it is going to happen.
He is not going to bump either Sanders or Brown out the way they have been playing.

Maybe we aren't cutting him in case there is an 18 game season and we need extra wideouts? Possibly they would increase the size of the roster.

SeinfeldNut
02-01-2011, 10:41 PM
I forgot Sweed was on the team, maybe he gets a chance somewhere else.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-01-2011, 11:47 PM
You figure Battle and/or Randle El will be gone next year. If the Steelers win, Ward may be gone. That just leaves Sanders, Brown, and Wallace. So I say give Sweed one more camp to prove himself.

Farrior_roirraW
02-01-2011, 11:50 PM
I'd like to see Sweed get another chance, but that's just me. :noidea:

Velvet Elvis
02-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Draft day trade bait?

What possible trade value could Sweed have ? :noidea:

scsteeler
02-02-2011, 03:47 AM
I don't think Sweed is done. The only reason he is not playing is due to and injury. I would be surprised if the Steelers let him go. If he does not get hurt he will be on team next season.

But I have been wrong before. :chuckle:

pete74
02-02-2011, 03:56 AM
Sweed will never play in another steeler game. alot of you keep hoping he will be back because he is a tall WR and did so well in college but it wont happen. there are alot of WR's who tear it up in college but just cant hang in the NFL(just ask Detroit) and Sweed is one of them. another team may give him a chance next season but he will never be a starter in the NFL