PDA

View Full Version : Titan / Steeler player swap

wutchy
02-01-2011, 10:37 PM
I think that if the Steelers win the big one on Sunday, I'd like to see them do a team rebuild without losing a step, because a repeat or three peat is possible.
To accomplish a rebuild and not take a step back, they should trade aging stars with value, for younger guys wh are just as good, or can be just as good in the Steeler system.

I'd like to see the Steelers trade Ben, Troy, and Mendy to the Titans for
Vince Young for Ben.
Chris Johnson for Rashard Mendenhall
Jason McCourty for Troy Polamalu

Young is a similar talent as Ben. He could "manage" games as well as Ben can.
Chris Johnson is a step up from Mendy and has break away speed.
McCourty is a 2nd year up and comer who could make an immediate impact.
I think the Steelers could even get a #1 draft pick out of the deal, and use it to get a top 8 player. They could use the pick to take WR Julio Jones, CB Prince Amukamara, or RB Mark Ingram. Either one would be a great addition. Then they would still have their other pick, #32 hopefully, to take Mike Pouncey.

With two first rounders, a great corner in McCourty, a great RB in Johnson, and a potentially great QB in Vince Young, they could rebuild and get better doing it at the same time.

Ben and Vince put up similar numbers, but Ben plays with a #1 defense, Vince struggles with a ineffective Defense and a lack of good recievers.

Vince could step in for Ben and be a step up.

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 10:39 PM
I think that if the Steelers win the big one on Sunday, I'd like to see them do a team rebuild without losing a step, because a repeat or three peat is possible.
To accomplish a rebuild and not take a step back, they should trade aging stars with value, for younger guys wh are just as good, or can be just as good in the Steeler system.

I stopped right there. STFU and GTFO troll. give me a break..:doh:

4xSBChamps
02-01-2011, 10:40 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/StupidOfThisMagnitude.jpg

mcg24
02-01-2011, 10:42 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

Curtain_of_Steel
02-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Lets toss in Woodley and Timmons and I think its a deal.

Talk about being whacked out on drugs, lol

mesaSteeler
02-01-2011, 10:44 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/StupidOfThisMagnitude.jpg

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::appla udit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

steelers2685
02-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Someone oughtta take your senseless post down just as fast as they have taken Young's picture down at the stadium!

Wallace108
02-01-2011, 10:47 PM
http://ethnikoi.org/moron.jpg

stb_steeler
02-01-2011, 10:48 PM

Vince Young for Ben.

I think the Steelers could even get a #1 draft pick out of the deal, and use it to get a top 8 player. They could use the pick to take WR Julio Jones, CB Prince Amukamara, or RB Mark Ingram. Either one would be a great addition. Then they would still have their other pick, #32 hopefully, to take Mike Pouncey.

With two first rounders, a great corner in McCourty, a great RB in Johnson, and a potentially great QB in Vince Young, they could rebuild and get better doing it at the same time.

Ben and Vince put up similar numbers, but Ben plays with a #1 defense, Vince struggles with a ineffective Defense and a lack of good recievers.

What are you like12?.......:troll:

Acerinox
02-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Unfortunately this is the kind of post that you never live down.

The Curtain's Crusader
02-01-2011, 10:53 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:blah::blah::blah:

The only reason I read to the end of that crap was so I could see what clever final sentence there was explaining your joke. Oops :noidea:

Idiot!

wutchy
02-01-2011, 10:54 PM
The typical steeler fan response. Nonsense instead of thoughtful exchange.
How would all of the things i suggest be a bad deal?
Read the post and make an intelligent response, or take your troll stupid self back to the bar and sit down and shut up.
I makean intelligent proposal, and it gets met with stupid insults. BEATS THINKING, I GUESS!

The Curtain's Crusader
02-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Read the post and make an intelligent response, or take your troll stupid self back to the bar and sit down and shut up.
I makean intelligent proposal, and it gets met with stupid insults. BEATS THINKING, I GUESS!

Oh, sorry! I missed that part. You sure you didn't forget to put the "intelligent" part in there?

Wallace108
02-01-2011, 10:58 PM

:toofunny:

Fine, I'll play along ...

Why I wouldn't trade Ben for Vince Young:
Ben is a 2-time (soon to be 3-time) Super Bowl champion. Vince Young sucks.

Debate over. :coffee:

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 11:00 PM

The only nonsense I see is your idiotic post. My brain hurts from reading it. :doh:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2070/1849110911_ba6d8dac05.jpg

MattsMe
02-01-2011, 11:00 PM

No no no. Don't you see, we can make up for that by trading for Chris Johnson, and then using our #1 pick to take...wait for it...a running back! :doh:

Wallace108
02-01-2011, 11:03 PM
No no no. Don't you see, we can make up for that by trading for Chris Johnson, and then using our #1 pick to take...wait for it...a running back! :doh:

Wouldn't it be easier to just become a Titans fan? :noidea:

The Curtain's Crusader

Yeah. Something tells me we'd have to use that first round pic for a new quarterback. Vince Young is a nutjob.

El Nino
and lets trade wallace for finnegan!

wutchy
Unfortunately this is the kind of post that you never live down.

Why would i want to live it down?
I'd trade 8th year Troy for 3nd year McCourty. McCourty is already a top corner in the league.
I'd take Chris Johnson and all that speed over Mendy anyday.
I'd trade Ben for Vince. Neither one is a pocket passer.
If Ben played for the titans, he wouldn't be any more successful than Vince. And they both have issues. Vince could win in Pittsburgh because he could do anything Ben could do. Ben doesn't have numbers. Without that Defense, the steelers would have been 8-8 AT BEST this year. Probably just the same as the titans.
Plus, if you can get two of those four picks: JONES, AMUKAMARA, INGRAM, AND POUNCEY, that goes a long way for a long time.

SeinfeldNut
02-01-2011, 11:05 PM
What planet is this person on??

El Nino
02-01-2011, 11:06 PM
you know vince young is only 1 year younger than ben?

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:06 PM
So you'd prefer Mendy over Chris Johnson and Mark Ingram?
I'd take Julio Jones or Prince Amukumara if Ingram is gone. Ingram could be a third down back or a return man extroidanaire.

El Nino
02-01-2011, 11:08 PM
chris johnson is a selfish player and locker room poison. mendy is a talented and hard worker.

i'll take mendenhall

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:08 PM
you know vince young is only 1 year younger than ben?

Ben needs to be mobile to be effective, so does Vince.
I like a mobile 30 something Vince, over a mobile 30 something Ben.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Lol none of the 3 are even 30 yet. You would be trading them in their prime basically. The insanity of this post is mind-boggling. I thought for sure there was gonna be a jk at the end.

wutchy
chris johnson is a selfish player and locker room poison. mendy is a talented and hard worker.

i'll take mendenhall

I'd take Johnson or Mark Ingram. is that a bad thing? Can i have that opinion and preference?

El Nino
i'll have a less mobile, harder to bring down, more accurate, multiple super bowl winning quarterback over vince young the underachiever

The Curtain's Crusader
Guys:

He REALLY IS serious. Maybe we should take him seriously. Or maybe just go all in and do a complete team trade. Three-peat here we come. :tt02:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Ben needs to be mobile to be effective, so does Vince.
I like a mobile 30 something Vince, over a mobile 30 something Ben.
......really? You think Vince Young is a better quarterback than Ben? REALLY?!?!?

Acerinox
OK wutchy listen up because this is important.

Troy and Ben are what we call "generational" talents. They're the kind of players that come along once in a generation. There has never been a more disruptive, intelligent or influential DB than Polamalu. He brings Elite with him - not just as an individual - but to the team he plays on. And Ben is probably the most clutch QB in history. More than that - he is another team player. Not a gaudy stats passer, but someone who will get the dirty job done for his team.

You cannot replace these people, k? There are no "equivalents" or "alternatives" for them out there. It doesn't matter that they're getting old. You can't replace them. It's as simple as that. So you just ride them and make sure they never leave until they get too old to play any more. And then you sigh, and say "wasn't it great when we used to watch Ben and Troy".

El Nino
I'd take Johnson or Mark Ingram. is that a bad thing? Can i have that opinion and preference?

of course i respect most opinions but i honestly think you're joking. i mean you can't be serious right? lol

CJ over mendenhall is debatable, theres no denying that CJ is extremely talented. but vince over ben? you can't be serious

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:11 PM

And two-time super bowl champ Ben sucks in super bowls and most sundays. You need to finish drives and put more than 10 points on the board. The defense wins games week after week, not Ben.

MattsMe
02-01-2011, 11:11 PM
So you'd prefer Mendy over Chris Johnson and Mark Ingram?
I'd take Julio Jones or Prince Amukumara if Ingram is gone. Ingram could be a third down back or a return man extroidanaire.

I'm sorry, I already used up my daily allotment of responses to ridiculous posts for the day.

Please check back tomorrow.

PhantomJB93
02-01-2011, 11:12 PM
I lol'd

wutchy
and lets trade wallace for finnegan!

Who said that , troll?

El Nino
Who said that , troll?

what, i can't have an opinion? :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Vince could win in Pittsburgh because he could do anything Ben could do.

Yeah except, shake off defenders, win, show poise, be able to work through adversity gracefully, win, work well behind a shaky O-line, win, come through in the clutch over and over, win, lead his team to multiple Super Bowls, have his teammates faith and did I say WIN?

Ben doesn't have numbers.

How about these numbers:

2 Super Bowl rings (with a possible 3rd on the way) to... wait for it... 0!!!!!

http://ihumanable.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/stupid-burn.jpg

Sixburgher
02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Guys:

He REALLY IS serious. Maybe we should take him seriously. Or maybe just go all in and do a complete team trade. Three-peat here we come. :tt02:

Consider the source. This is the same dope that swore Santonio Holmes would light us up and score at LEAST 2 touchdowns in the AFC Championship Game.

Once again, crack kills.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
And two-time super bowl champ Ben sucks in super bowls and most sundays. You need to finish drives and put more than 10 points on the board. The defense wins games week after week, not Ben.

I'm not even going to take the time out of my day to point out all of the flaws in this concept.

wutchy
i'll have a less mobile, harder to bring down, more accurate, multiple super bowl winning quarterback over vince young the underachiever

You try to compare QB's without looking at the big picture. Without the Defense, the steelers are sub .500

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Guys:

thats YOUR proposal , troll. Not mine.

stb_steeler
Who said that , troll?

your an F'ing troll......Stop talkin stupid shit...we all know your just tryin to start :poop:

Wallace108
You try to compare QB's without looking at the big picture. Without the Defense, the steelers are sub .500
Yeah, but you want to trade Troy. Without Troy, our defense isn't the same. Trade Ben for Vince and get rid of Troy, and we become ..... the Titans. :doh:

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Lol none of the 3 are even 30 yet. You would be trading them in their prime basically. The insanity of this post is mind-boggling. I thought for sure there was gonna be a jk at the end.

Well, if you are going to be 29 or 30 next season, you are basically 30 next year. Is that the best you got?

El Nino

a few years back the titans had a defense that might have been better than the steelers that year. a better running back, and vince young was benched for the 5000 year old kerry collins. vince would be worse than kordell stewart!

Neil-Still-Rules-14

Last year, the Steelers had the worst defense in their history. Had Ben started against the Ravens rather than Dixon, they likely would've made the playoffs. Either way, they still went 9-7.

SteelCityMom
02-01-2011, 11:18 PM
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Seriously though. I don't know how you expect to get any kind of real response out of this. You're basically saying that you want to switch the Titans with the Steelers.

Yeah, not going to happen. You're posts are nothing but pure delusion.

I'm going to try something with you though. I want you to post what numbers Young has that are better than Ben's. Seriously. Go look them up and get back to me on that.

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:19 PM
......really? You think Vince Young is a better quarterback than Ben? REALLY?!?!?

I didn't say that. Are you dyslexic?
I said Vince could "MANAGE" the game, which is what Ben does, just as good as Ben does. Put Ben on the Titans, and Vince on the Steelers, then see who goes to the super bowl.

Wallace108

The defense almost lost the last Super Bowl for us. Who won it? That's right ... crappy ol' Ben. :coffee:

Farrior_roirraW
How did this thread make it to page 5?

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm going to try something with you though. I want you to post what numbers Young has that are better than Ben's. Seriously. Go look them up and get back to me on that.

Well, there is his superior Wonderlic test num... ummmmmm.... nevermind. :rofl:

El Nino
02-01-2011, 11:20 PM
I said Vince could "MANAGE" the game, which is what Ben does, just as good as Ben does. Put Ben on the Titans, and Vince on the Steelers, then see who goes to the super bowl.

you call that last drive vs the cardinals in the super bowl 'game management'? no that's called ****ing winning it

passing on 3rd down vs the jets after the 2 minute warning, 58 yard pass on 3rd and 24. that's not managing the game. ben hasn't been a game manager for years, he's a playmaker.

Wallace108
02-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Can we trade wutchy to a Titans board for a poster to be named later? :noidea:

California-Steel
02-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Idiot!!!

El Nino
02-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Can we trade wutchy to a Titans board for a poster to be named later? :noidea:

i think he needs a custom title like what the mods have, but call it village idiot lol

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:24 PM

Troy and Ben are what we call "generational" talents. They're the kind of players that come along once in a generation. There has never been a more disruptive, intelligent or influential DB than Polamalu. He brings Elite with him - not just as an individual - but to the team he plays on. And Ben is probably the most clutch QB in history. More than that - he is another team player. Not a gaudy stats passer, but someone who will get the dirty job done for his team.

You cannot replace these people, k? There are no "equivalents" or "alternatives" for them out there. It doesn't matter that they're getting old. You can't replace them. It's as simple as that. So you just ride them and make sure they never leave until they get too old to play any more. And then you sigh, and say "wasn't it great when we used to watch Ben and Troy".

Thats nice. Troy is 30 with 8 years under his belt. [or is it 29 with 7 years]. The point is that you can get a young, elite CB for him. Troy might have 3 yers left. McCourty could have 8 more great years left. And for less money.

Ben and the offense usually put 10 to 17 points on the board, the defense wins the gamesa and puts points on the board. With a lesser defense Ben never even smells super bowl.

SteelCityMom
02-01-2011, 11:24 PM

Uhhhhh....aren't the Steelers going to the Superbowl this Sunday? Is VY on the team right now? Why would we trade for some scrub QB who has shitty numbers and can barely manage a game?

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Put Ben on the Titans, and Vince on the Steelers, then see who goes to the super bowl.

Yeah... neither of them. I'd bet the Titans would have a better record though.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/motivator3593515nh2.jpg

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Well, if you are going to be 29 or 30 next season, you are basically 30 next year. Is that the best you got?

No. How about the fact the Young has never thrown more than 12 TDs in a season (Ben has done this every year of his career), never thrown for 3000 yards (Ben has done this 5 years in a row), has never completed better than 62.3% of his passes (Ben has done this 4 times). Ben has more rushing TDs. Young has a 1 to 1 TD to INT ratio...Ben's is about to 2 to 1. Young is 0-1 in the playoffs. He has been benched at least 3 times in favor of Kerry Collins.

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah except, shake off defenders, win, show poise, be able to work through adversity gracefully, win, work well behind a shaky O-line, win, come through in the clutch over and over, win, lead his team to multiple Super Bowls, have his teammates faith and did I say WIN?

How about these numbers:

2 Super Bowl rings (with a possible 3rd on the way) to... wait for it... 0!!!!!

http://ihumanable.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/stupid-burn.jpg

Ben is worth one, maybe two TD's a game most games. DEFENSE, HISTORIC DEFENSE AT THAT, wins, not Ben.

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Consider the source. This is the same dope that swore Santonio Holmes would light us up and score at LEAST 2 touchdowns in the AFC Championship Game.

Once again, crack kills.

WOULD YOU "SWEAR" TO THAT , YOU LYING TROLL?

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Okay for God's sake if there was EVER a reason to have a face palm smiley now is the time. Please MODS find us a face palm smiley so that we can honor wutchy with it.

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm not even going to take the time out of my day to point out all of the flaws in this concept.

Truth is a bitc* , ain't it?

Farrior_roirraW
Okay for God's sake if there was EVER a reason to have a face palm smiley now is the time. Please MODS find us a face palm smiley so that we can honor wutchy with it.

There already is, haha. It's the first option. " :doh: "

Sixburgher

The Steelers with VY behind center? Think back about 10 years. Dominant defense. Excellent running game. And not one Super Bowl to show for it. In other words, it would be a repeat of the Kordell Stewart era. You really want to go back there?

Wallace108
02-01-2011, 11:30 PM

http://smiliesftw.com/x/facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

Although this one is more appropriate right now ... :smack:

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 11:30 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif thanks

Sixburgher
02-01-2011, 11:31 PM
WOULD YOU "SWEAR" TO THAT , YOU LYING TROLL?

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showthread.php?p=899815#post899815

SteelCityMom
02-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Truth is a bitc* , ain't it?

So how come you haven't gotten back to us on what numbers of VY's are better than Ben's.

We're all waiting with extreme interest.

Troll.

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 11:33 PM
letting santonio go was a huge mistake. No one could tell me any different.

William Gay is going to have his hands full. Size wise, they match up well. But Santonio is a good leaper. Gay is going to have to give him a cushion and keep him in front of him. Santonio sets up that double move better than anyone, except Larry Fitzgerald maybe. Gay will be lucky if he only gives up 2 TD's. Santonio could beat Revis and Cromartie. Ike too.

Braylon Edwards is 6'3", so Ike, 6'2", is going to have to cover Edwards.

you were saying troll

SteelCityMom
http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showthread.php?p=899815#post899815

And did you know that Moore will probably be the SB MVP if the Steelers win too?

No lie, you can't make this shit up.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=912618#post912618

Buddha Bus
Ben is worth one, maybe two TD's a game most games. DEFENSE, HISTORIC DEFENSE AT THAT, wins, not Ben.

:doh: I cannot believe how monumentally stupid this comment is. Ben has single-handedly won multiple games for the Steelers in very clutch fashion. Do you have a TV in the psych ward you're confined to that you can actually WATCH the games on or do you just imagine your own football league in that pea-sized lobotomized brain?

Wallace108
So how come you haven't gotten back to us on what numbers of VY's are better than Ben's.

Troll.

Easy, Mom ... you can't rush genius. :chuckle:

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 11:35 PM
:doh: I cannot believe how monumentally stupid this comment is. Ben has single-handedly won multiple games for the Steelers in very clutch fashion. Do you have a TV in the psych ward you're confined to that you can actually WATCH the games on or do you just imagine your own football league in that pea-sized lobotomized brain?

Don't be so harsh bro. haven't you ever watched a game before?/

When you watch the game on your TV; don't just follow the bouncing ball. Watch the chess matches too. Pay attention to down and distance, is the Qb under center or in shotgun? Ask yourself why everybody is doing what they are doing. Take in the WHOLE game.

SteelCityMom
02-01-2011, 11:36 PM
I'm going to have to close this or move this...I don't want to close it, cause it's so full of funny, but it's just so unrealistic that it can't possibly remain in the Steelers section.

To the Blast Furnace it goes. (It was either that or the Fun House). :chuckle:

Wallace108
I think we should fire Tomlin. Isn't Jeff Fisher available? :noidea:

Buddha Bus

Why f*ck around? I think we should just skip right to double-falcon facepalm.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gWQaU40PH24/TQrObKFFJAI/AAAAAAAAJ70/Th-pPu9Y2VQ/s1600/Falcon_Facepalm_by_Tradanbattlan%255B1%255D.jpg

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Fun house is more appropriate

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Ok how about nobody else responds to such insanity and we let this thread fade into the past so we can pretend it never happened.

Wallace108
02-01-2011, 11:39 PM

You can move it to the Halfway House. This thread might pass for intelligent. :noidea:

4xSBChamps
02-01-2011, 11:39 PM

if you had a coherent thought, it would die of loneliness

SteelSurf
02-01-2011, 11:40 PM

On the contrary. Steelers never rebuild.They adapt.They grow from within and when we do bring someone in, he must fit into the Steeler way.
The Steelers don't change coaches after one bad year, because they hire a coach who fits their organization. They treat the hiring process much like they do the drafting process, they know what they want in their leader and their players.They know the qualities they need and they identify coaches and players who fit those characteristics. And most of all, they have an organization that helps the young coach and rookies grow into their job. Again, they adapt from within.

But not all teams are like the Steelers. Many teams go through the major overhaul with changes in coaches and players.Choosing to pick up well known Free Agents and mercenary players to win BIG for a year. Case in Point, The Bengals,Jets and Redskins pick up of Albert Haynesworth.The Jets picked up huge names in the off season.Took them all the way to the AFC Championship game where they faltered badly against a team like the Rock Solid Steelers. The NFL is not like Major League Baseball where the money is all out there with teams like the Yankees to secure another World Series ticket punch.As is more often the case in the NFL, Big Name Free Agents are most often drama queens and divs who actually hurt the moral of a team. Can you say T.O?

When those teams hire a new coach and bring in big name FA's, they start a new beginning and are not ready for the tough times or the bumps in the road.There will be bumps in the road. All teams should clearly identify what they need in their players. There is no quick fix. No money can build a confident,team building venture like raising both a Coach and a Player from nurture to game time.Showboaters, Divas and Big Money FA's need not apply.

In a nutshell, that's why the Steelers are visiting the Super Bowl 3 times in the last six years.

wutchy

Troll.

My point is that I like a 30 something Vince Young over a 30 something Ben. I think Ben is a better QB, but as he nears 30, he won't be as mobile, and he holds the ball too long. He is susceptible to injury and sacks. Yeah, he has escapability, but he is one of, if not the most sacked Qb in the game. NOW BLAME THE O-LINE FOR THAT.
Ben causes his own sacks by holding the ball too long and scrambling out the pocket, and the o-line doesn't have eyes on the back of their heads.

Without this defense the steelers are sub .500.
Look at the replay of the Buffalo, Miami, Baltimore, and Cincy games. "MIRACLES" won those games, or we are 8-8. And the Defense can be directly credited with at least one or two more wins this year.

Buddha Bus
I'm going to have to close this or move this...I don't want to close it, cause it's so full of funny, but it's just so unrealistic that it can't possibly remain in the Steelers section.

This should about sum this thread up.

1-oDQ44PTE4

stb_steeler
:sign07:

Wallace108
02-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Ok how about nobody else responds to such insanity and we let this thread fade into the past so we can pretend it never happened.
No way. This is pure comedy gold right here. :applaudit:

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 11:44 PM
I think we should fire Tomlin. Isn't Jeff Fisher available? :noidea:

you win

/thread

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:44 PM
you were saying troll

Well TROLL, you said I "swore" that Santonio would score two TD's .
I said Gay would be lucky to hold Santonio to two TD's.
He scored one and damn near had a second. NOT THAT I SWORE HE WOULD.
Gay didn't have him the entire game. Ike had him too, and got beat when he fell, just like i said would happen. i said one of the steeler DB's would slip and fall on a double move and get burned. Thats what happened. GO FETCH THAT THREAD TROLL.

SteelCityMom
02-01-2011, 11:49 PM
My point is that I like a 30 something Vince Young over a 30 something Ben. I think Ben is a better QB, but as he nears 30, he won't be as mobile, and he holds the ball too long. He is susceptible to injury and sacks. Yeah, he has escapability, but he is one of, if not the most sacked Qb in the game. NOW BLAME THE O-LINE FOR THAT.
Ben causes his own sacks by holding the ball too long and scrambling out the pocket, and the o-line doesn't have eyes on the back of their heads.

Without this defense the steelers are sub .500.
Look at the replay of the Buffalo, Miami, Baltimore, and Cincy games. "MIRACLES" won those games, or we are 8-8. And the Defense can be directly credited with at least one or two more wins this year.

No, no, no...don't you back away from what you originally said.

Ben and Vince put up similar numbers

Ben doesn't have numbers

I said Vince could "MANAGE" the game just as good as Ben does

Back these up with some kind of real numbers or fact...not some backtracking gobbledy gook.

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:49 PM
And did you know that Moore will probably be the SB MVP if the Steelers win too?

No lie, you can't make this shit up.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=912618#post912618

Ben is way moore effective out of the pocket. This is the super bowl, you play to your player strength. If Ben rolls by design, he has options to dump the ball off to TE, Ward, or a RB. I think Moore is good in open space. If Ben rolls, and Moore uses his good hands to get catches, he could break the game open with big gains in the open field. I think Moores hands are better than Mendys or Redmens.

Ben strength is rolling out and making late reads to short open recievers. Moore is a logical candidate, especially on 3rd down, like they used him in the jets game.

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 11:50 PM

Once again, crack kills.

Well TROLL, you said I "swore" that Santonio would score two TD's .
I said Gay would be lucky to hold Santonio to two TD's.
He scored one and damn near had a second. NOT THAT I SWORE HE WOULD.
Gay didn't have him the entire game. Ike had him too, and got beat when he fell, just like i said would happen. i said one of the steeler DB's would slip and fall on a double move and get burned. Thats what happened. GO FETCH THAT THREAD TROLL.

I didn't swear shit asswipe. Get your fact straight moron. You no ****ing clue what you're talking about so just stop making a mockery out of yourself.

Buddha Bus
02-01-2011, 11:51 PM

Back these up with some kind of real numbers or fact...not some backtracking gobbledy gook.

Lighten up on the guy, SCM. He's busy! :chuckle:

http://300bps.org/gallery2/d/82350-1/omg-it-spins.jpg

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:51 PM
On the contrary. Steelers never rebuild.They adapt.They grow from within and when we do bring someone in, he must fit into the Steeler way.
The Steelers don't change coaches after one bad year, because they hire a coach who fits their organization. They treat the hiring process much like they do the drafting process, they know what they want in their leader and their players.They know the qualities they need and they identify coaches and players who fit those characteristics. And most of all, they have an organization that helps the young coach and rookies grow into their job. Again, they adapt from within.

But not all teams are like the Steelers. Many teams go through the major overhaul with changes in coaches and players.Choosing to pick up well known Free Agents and mercenary players to win BIG for a year. Case in Point, The Bengals,Jets and Redskins pick up of Albert Haynesworth.The Jets picked up huge names in the off season.Took them all the way to the AFC Championship game where they faltered badly against a team like the Rock Solid Steelers. The NFL is not like Major League Baseball where the money is all out there with teams like the Yankees to secure another World Series ticket punch.As is more often the case in the NFL, Big Name Free Agents are most often drama queens and divs who actually hurt the moral of a team. Can you say T.O?

When those teams hire a new coach and bring in big name FA's, they start a new beginning and are not ready for the tough times or the bumps in the road.There will be bumps in the road. All teams should clearly identify what they need in their players. There is no quick fix. No money can build a confident,team building venture like raising both a Coach and a Player from nurture to game time.Showboaters, Divas and Big Money FA's need not apply.

In a nutshell, that's why the Steelers are visiting the Super Bowl 3 times in the last six years.

did you read my OP? Or just decide to go off topic?

SteelCityMom
02-01-2011, 11:52 PM
All I know is, thank the higher powers that the Rooney's, Colbert and Tomlin don't think like this AT ALL. This team would be in a shit load of trouble if they did.

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Ben is way moore effective out of the pocket. This is the super bowl, you play to your player strength. If Ben rolls by design, he has options to dump the ball off to TE, Ward, or a RB. I think Moore is good in open space. If Ben rolls, and Moore uses his good hands to get catches, he could break the game open with big gains in the open field. I think Moores hands are better than Mendys or Redmens.

Ben strength is rolling out and making late reads to short open recievers. Moore is a logical candidate, especially on 3rd down, like they used him in the jets game.

again you're a ****ing moron. Moore had one catch the whole game against the jets and one rush.

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 11:54 PM
All I know is, thank the higher powers that the Rooney's, Colbert and Tomlin don't think like this AT ALL. This team would be in a shit load of trouble if they did.

Can you say Bengals?

SteelCityMom
02-01-2011, 11:56 PM
did you read my OP? Or just decide to go off topic?

He was on topic you dolt.

You....

I'd like to see them do a team rebuild

coupled with :blah: :blah: :blah: VY can do just as good as Ben.

Him....

Then he gave examples as to why.

:doh:

wutchy
02-01-2011, 11:57 PM

Ben is good for about 100+ yards passing a game. He might average 200 yards a game. Vince is similar. Vince has a btter line, Ben has better reecievers.

AND WTF DOES ALL "THIS" HAVE TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL POST?
YOU NUTJOBS DIDN'T HAVE AN INTELLIGENT RESPOSE OT MY POST, YOU JUST SPEWED INSULTS BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE AN INTELLIGENT RESPOSE TO A VERY LUCID PROPOSAL.
SO NOW YOU WANT ME TO DEFEND MY RESPONSE TO YOUR IDIOTIC TROLL SELVES.
WHAT, AM I SUPPOSED TO JUST CAST ASPERSIONS BACK AT YA?

Wallace108
02-01-2011, 11:57 PM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1028/badgezb.gif

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Good night guys. Make sure and put the trolls head on a pike so anymore that may be in the area will think twice.

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:02 AM
I didn't swear shit asswipe. Get your fact straight moron. You no ****ing clue what you're talking about so just stop making a mockery out of yourself.

YOU SAID "I SWORE" SANTONIO WOULD SCORE TWO TD'S ON GAY.
THEN YOU POSTED A POST I MADE - WHERE DID I "SWEAR" SANTIONO WOULD SCORE TWO TD'S.
YOU SAY "I SWORE" HE WOULD, THEN YOU POST MY OLD POST THAT PROVES YOU ARE JUST A LYING, DUN\MBASS TROLL.
THEN YOU GET MAD AND TALK ABOUT ME ACCUSSING "YOU" OF SWEARING SOMETHING. I NEVER SAID YOU SWORE ANYTHING, AND YOU LIE AND GET MAD AT YOUR OWN LIE. YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE, NUTJOB. YO MAMMA GONNA TAKE YOUR KEYBOARD FROM YOU "QUEER BOY FOR TROY AND HIS HAIR".
ANOTHER STUPID LIE FROM A TROLL.

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Good night guys. Make sure and put the trolls head on a pike so anymore that may be in the area will think twice.

You homosexual boy toys sure do get mad and protective of Troy.
That hair and tight butt really float your boat, eh?

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Ben is good for about 100+ yards passing a game. He might average 200 yards a game. Vince is similar. Vince has a btter line, Ben has better reecievers.

You're an idiot. Ben only passed for less than 200 yards 3 times this year (including playoffs). 3 games over 300 yards (one was 387), and the ones he passed in the 200's...only two were below 250 (one was 246 and the other was the Ravens post season game...226).

THIS YEAR Young had ONE game over 200 and three games UNDER 100. All while rushing for a total of 125 yards. Ben rushed for 176.

This is why VY got benched for Collins AGAIN. Did Ben get benched for anyone this year (no, the suspension doesn't count).

Next time...look up the numbers before you make an ass of yourself, ok?

YOU NUTJOBS DIDN'T HAVE AN INTELLIGENT RESPOSE OT MY POST, YOU JUST SPEWED INSULTS BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE AN INTELLIGENT RESPOSE TO A VERY LUCID PROPOSAL.

It has everything to do with your original post. You pulled this shit out of thin air and went with it. It's not my fault you don't know how to look shit up before you type.

Don't act like a totally idiotic moron and you won't get treated like one.

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 12:07 AM
YOU SAID "I SWORE" SANTONIO WOULD SCORE TWO TD'S ON GAY.
THEN YOU POSTED A POST I MADE - WHERE DID I "SWEAR" SANTIONO WOULD SCORE TWO TD'S.
YOU SAY "I SWORE" HE WOULD, THEN YOU POST MY OLD POST THAT PROVES YOU ARE JUST A LYING, DUN\MBASS TROLL.
THEN YOU GET MAD AND TALK ABOUT ME ACCUSSING "YOU" OF SWEARING SOMETHING. I NEVER SAID YOU SWORE ANYTHING, AND YOU LIE AND GET MAD AT YOUR OWN LIE. YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE, NUTJOB. YO MAMMA GONNA TAKE YOUR KEYBOARD FROM YOU "QUEER BOY FOR TROY AND HIS HAIR".
ANOTHER STUPID LIE FROM A TROLL.

You're a ****ing idiot.

You're only here right now to be laughed at and mocked. If you want it to stop, you may request a ban, and I might oblige. Otherwise, get used to the abuse cause you're not brining anything else useful to this board.

Wallace108
02-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Dude, don't get yourself banned. People usually charge for the kind of entertainment you provide for free. :sofunny:

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 12:08 AM

I bet you get harder over Ray Lewis' fag dance.

Buddha Bus
02-02-2011, 12:09 AM

SCM's post has plenty to do with your OP. She's asked you for numbers to back up your claims of VY being as good as Ben and you have yet to produce said numbers.

Your proposal is anything but lucid and deserving of honest debate. It's just plain f*cking stupid and nonsensical. Judging by every single other person's response here, you would think that you'd figure out that your "lucid proposal" was anything but and stop trying to rationalize the irrational. Pull your head out of your ass.

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:10 AM
again you're a ****ing moron. Moore had one catch the whole game against the jets and one rush.

They were up by what, 24 at the half. They didn't have to roll out Ben and toss short until crunch time.
This is the super bowl, you play to win the game, YOU PLAY TO YOUR PLAYERS STRENGTH IF YOU CAN. Bens strength is roll9ing out and buying time, then dumping off to a TE, WR, or RB. All i'm saying is that WE SHOULD EXPECT TO SEE BEN ROLL OUT PLENTY, EARLY AND OFTEN. MOORE HAS THE BEST RB HANDS, I EXPECT TO SEE BEN ROLL OUT, AND I EXPECT TO SEE MOORE IN THE DUMP OFF SAOFT SPOTS. MOORE, WARD, AND MILLER COULD ALL BE MVP.

IF MOORE HAS 5 OR 6 CATCHES FOR 150 YARDS AND TWO TD'S.
LIKE- I -THINK - HE - WILL...........................MVP.

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:12 AM
He was on topic you dolt.

You....

coupled with :blah: :blah: :blah: VY can do just as good as Ben.

Him....

Then he gave examples as to why.

HE WAS TALKING ABOUT FREE AGENTS, I NEVER TYPED THE WORDS UNTIL RIGHT NOW. I WAS TALKING "PLAYER SWAP" AND DRAFT PICKS. DOLT!

Buddha Bus
02-02-2011, 12:12 AM

http://adscam.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341bfa1853ef010535775bb2970c-250wi

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 12:15 AM
HE WAS TALKING ABOUT FREE AGENTS, I NEVER TYPED THE WORDS UNTIL RIGHT NOW. I WAS TALKING "PLAYER SWAP" AND DRAFT PICKS. DOLT!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnr_LXxvxhcofdyjJHT2SyO6pBhpnwx vQfDMvJ6BbtY9ZEboI-Tw&t=1

Wallace108
02-02-2011, 12:16 AM
http://jeremyenke.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/****tard.jpg

:stupid:

:chuckle:

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:18 AM
You're an idiot. Ben only passed for less than 200 yards 3 times this year (including playoffs). 3 games over 300 yards (one was 387), and the ones he passed in the 200's...only two were below 250 (one was 246 and the other was the Ravens post season game...226).

THIS YEAR Young had ONE game over 200 and three games UNDER 100. All while rushing for a total of 125 yards. Ben rushed for 176.

This is why VY got benched for Collins AGAIN. Did Ben get benched for anyone this year (no, the suspension doesn't count).

Next time...look up the numbers before you make an ass of yourself, ok?

It has everything to do with your original post. You pulled this shit out of thin air and went with it. It's not my fault you don't know how to look shit up before you type.

Don't act like a totally idiotic moron and you won't get treated like one.

If you put Ben in Tennessee, and Vince the Pittsburgh. I truly believe that the Steelers, on the strength of their defense, as usual, will be in the super bowl. Ben and the titans would be suckin beers in the stands. Vince would make the Pro Bowl, and Ben would be on vacation.

Buddha Bus
02-02-2011, 12:19 AM
:stupid:

:chuckle:

:smack:

Wallace108
02-02-2011, 12:20 AM
If you put Ben in Tennessee, and Vince the Pittsburgh. I truly believe that the Steelers, on the strength of their defense, as usual, will be in the super bowl. Ben and the titans would be suckin beers in the stands. Vince would make the Pro Bowl, and Ben would be on vacation.

You keep talking about the strength of the defense. In your OP, you wanted to trade Troy. Have you not watched the games where Troy didn't play? :noidea:

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:22 AM
http://adscam.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341bfa1853ef010535775bb2970c-250wi

Yeah, "****tard", "retard", "shitbirds"," ratbirds", and words like that tell me that you are up too late on a school night. You kiddies should actually try to put sentences together, it helps later in life.

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 12:23 AM
If you put Ben in Tennessee, and Vince the Pittsburgh. I truly believe that the Steelers, on the strength of their defense, as usual, will be in the super bowl. Ben and the titans would be suckin beers in the stands.

BASED ON WHAT?

You are just making shit up at this point because you have NOTHING to back up your statements with.

Is it based on the fact that VY has NEVER had anything better than a 179 yds/game average? Or is it based on the fact that the Titans had one of the better defenses in '08 and instead of performing, VY got benched for an aging Collins who came in and they proceeded to go 13-3?

What are you basing your assumptions on? How and when has Young impressed you?

Until you bring up something relevant to back up your statements with (no...assertations, assumptions and beliefs don't count) you will just look like a brainless tool, and will be treated as such.

tony hipchest
02-02-2011, 12:24 AM
hey wutchy-

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/cork.jpg

Wallace108
Yeah, "****tard", "retard", "shitbirds"," ratbirds", and words like that tell me that you are up too late on a school night. You kiddies should actually try to put sentences together, it helps later in life.

I always knew that BuddhaBus acted like a child with his juvenile, kiddie posts ... you tell him, wutchy. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMom

SHOULD WE ALL YELL LIKE THIS TOO WHEN WE GET ALL BUTT HURT!?!?!?!?!

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:26 AM
You keep talking about the strength of the defense. In your OP, you wanted to trade Troy. Have you not watched the games where Troy didn't play? :noidea:

Troy has "maybe" 3 more years. I suggested getting an elite DB with about 3 times that many great years left in a trade. You might, and might not, suffer for it, but I think a good safety could be drafted. I made a good proposal. If you trade Troy and end up with McCourty and Prince Mukumara in the same backfield for 10 years, it would be good in the long run.
Of course, you could end up with CJ and Ingram in the same backfield too. Again, great.
Or get Julio Jones and Mike Pouncey in the same first round.

Buddha Bus

Could you please speak up? I can't hear you without your caps lock. :chuckle:

The red highlighted quote is one of the dumbest things you've said yet, and that's truly saying something. :doh: You've said yourself that the Titans have a better O-line than the Steelers and VY was benched several times in favor of Kerry Collins. What the hell makes you believe that he would do better running for his life? Honestly, what the hell are you smoking?

Neil-Still-Rules-14
IF MOORE HAS 5 OR 6 CATCHES FOR 150 YARDS AND TWO TD'S. LIKE- I -THINK - HE - WILL...........................MVP.

Just for the record...Moore has never had a 100 yard receiving game in his career. Nor has he ever caught two touchdowns in a game. In fact, he has scored 2 TDs (total) in a game only twice. Also, he has only collected 5+ receptions 15 times in 107 career games.

Regular Season Stats
33 carries for 99 yards, 0 TDs
26 receptions for 205 yards, 0 TDs

Playoff Stats
3 carries for 9 yards, 0 TDs
1 reception for 9 yards, 0 TDs

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:27 AM

Well, when all you get is moron insults..........................

Wallace108
02-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Troy has "maybe" 3 more years. I suggested getting an elite DB with about 3 times that many great years left in a trade. You might, and might not, suffer for it, but I think a good safety could be drafted. I made a good proposal. If you trade Troy and end up with McCourty and Prince Mukumara in the same backfield for 10 years, it would be good in the long run.
Of course, you could end up with CJ and Ingram in the same backfield too. Again, great.
Or get Julio Jones and Mike Pouncey in the same first round.

So we trade Troy knowing that we can just draft another great safety. You're making it sound like players such as Troy are a dime a dozen. And all the players you mentioned are fine college players ... but what guarantee do you have they they'll be good in the NFL? :noidea: You want to trade Pro Bowl players for unproven talent.

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Just for the record...Moore has never had a 100 yard receiving game in his career. Nor has he ever caught two touchdowns in a game. In fact, he has scored 2 TDs (total) in a game only twice. Also, he has only collected 5+ receptions 15 times in 107 career games.

Regular Season Stats
33 carries for 99 yards, 0 TDs
26 receptions for 205 yards, 0 TDs

Playoff Stats
3 carries for 9 yards, 0 TDs
1 reception for 9 yards, 0 TDs

And Ben has sucked in 2 super bowls because they didn't play to his strength.
I'm betting, mostly because when they needed it, they rolled him out, that designed rollouts will be in the game plan. An RB with good hands has to be available. Why throw to a RB with lesser hands?
I expect to see designed rollouts with Moore as a target - if not primary, at least dump off. If he gets blocks from Ward and Miller, he could make big plays.

If Ben tries to play pocket passer, TOMLIN SHOULD BE FIRED.

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:33 AM
So we trade Troy knowing that we can just draft another great safety. You're making it sound like players such as Troy are a dime a dozen. And all the players you mentioned are fine college players ... but what guarantee do you have they they'll be good in the NFL? :noidea: You want to trade Pro Bowl players for unproven talent.

Does the concept of 3 years left compute? McCourty could give us 8 more great years at corner. Plus we could get another two first rounders. Plus CJ, and Vince Young - who has potential.

Buddha Bus
02-02-2011, 12:33 AM

SCM, I went and got the required message board complaint forms from Matt so he can get the ball rolling on the paperwork.

Here ya go, wutchy. Fill this form out in triplicate and file it directly up your ass with your head.

http://www.unitethecows.com/attachments/comical-capers/11947d1281808221-butthurt-form-internet-version-butthurtform.jpg

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-02-2011, 12:34 AM
And Ben has sucked in 2 super bowls because they didn't play to his strength.

Ben sucked in Super Bowl 43?

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 12:38 AM

Dude...Vince Young could do SOOOOOO much better. :sofunny:

Wallace108
02-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Does the concept of 3 years left compute?

Yes, smartass ... I understand Troy can't play forever. But wouldn't it make more sense to try to find his replacement while we still have him ... rather than getting rid of him now and praying to the football gods that we hit a home run in the next draft? Most players who are drafted never work out. You don't draft a player and EXPECT him to step in immediately and be a stud. That's great when it happens (like with Pouncey), but you can't count on it. Forget it ... there's no point in trying to explain this ...

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:39 AM

Santonio - Holmes.?

Yeah, Ben sucked, except for the last drive that Santonio won the game for us.

MACH1
02-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Well, when all you get is moron insults..........................

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvA-bbUXp25fG5ttlHieR4hc9ObrWg3E8rT95R1G_SDmA79bns&t=1

http://wattahack.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/moron.gif

Buddha Bus
02-02-2011, 12:43 AM
If McCourty is such an awesome corner with youth and upside, then why the hell would the Titans even want to trade him straight up for Polamalu (who's much too old and soon to be retired :rolleyes:)? Seems like that would be a really dumb thing for them to do according to your evaluation.

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Santonio - Holmes.?

So Ben didn't lead them down the field on the first drive (and almost run a TD in for himself)...ending with a Russell one yard TD.

Ben didn't get them in field goal range twice? Cause it sure as shit wasn't Parker, and it sure as shit wasn't the D doing that (Warner threw one pick...returned for TD...kudos to James, only fumble came at the end of the game....kudos to Woodley).

Was Holmes throwing the ball to himself or something on the game winning drive? Did we watch the same game here?

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Dude...Vince Young could do SOOOOOO much better. :sofunny:

Who knows. If you read my OP, I merely say that Ben and Vince are comparable in numbers and talent. Neither passes for big numbers, and neither is a pocket passer. Both rely on their legs and buying time. Steelers have a better defense and recievers. They compare in accuracy and completion percentage.
Typically, they seem to be 15 of 25, for 200 yards, one TD and maybe a pick.

Neither would ever be mistaken for Manning, Brady, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan and such.

Ben, Eli, and Flacco are lower tier QB's than elite or good pocket passers.

If Ben plays from the pocket , IF, he plays from the pocket. I see him going 20 of 40, for 300 yards, with two TD's and two picks. - in a loss. maybe 25 of 45 if we get behind too far.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Santonio - Holmes.?

Ben completed 70% of his passes and threw a perfect pass into triple coverage to win the game. Like honestly.

Wallace108
02-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Here, wutchy ... wear it proudly.

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/3923/tennesseetitans10vincey.jpg

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:56 AM
So Ben didn't lead them down the field on the first drive (and almost run a TD in for himself)...ending with a Russell one yard TD.

Ben didn't get them in field goal range twice? Cause it sure as shit wasn't Parker, and it sure as shit wasn't the D doing that (Warner threw one pick...returned for TD...kudos to James, only fumble came at the end of the game....kudos to Woodley).

Was Holmes throwing the ball to himself or something on the game winning drive? Did we watch the same game here?

I just watched the game again last night. It was a lot like the Jets game.
Ben played similar in both games if you ask me. Irrespective of numbers, maybe they were similar too, but thats not the point.
Ben sucked in the cardinals super bowl, except for the first and last drives, and he sucked in the jets game, except for the first and last drives.
Harrison saved the day in one, Gay in the other.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Who knows. If you read my OP, I merely say that Ben and Vince are comparable in numbers and talent. Neither passes for big numbers, and neither is a pocket passer. Both rely on their legs and buying time. Steelers have a better defense and recievers. They compare in accuracy and completion percentage.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Ben's average game is 18 of 28 (64%) for 227 yards, 1 or 2 TDs, and less than 1 INT

Young's average game is 13 of 22 (59%) for 150 yards, less than 1 TD and less than 1 INT

So Ben completes 5% more of his passes (a big difference) for 77 more yards and 1 more TD every game.

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 12:59 AM

But none of that is true. :doh:

Here. I'll make it real clear for you.

Young:

Completion Percentage: 57.9
Yards/play average: 6.8
Yards/game average: 150
TD %: 3.5 (he has a 1:1 ratio)
Average rushing yards/play: 5.2
Fumbles: 21

Ben:

Completion Percentage: 63.1
Yards/play average: 8.0
Yards/game average: 227.3
TD %: 5.1
Average rushing yards/play: 3.3
Fumbles: 14 (in 45 more games)

Ben is over 22k yards. VY hasn't even reached 9k.

Now, I know that the rushing looks nice and all, but couple that with the fact that even though VY rushes more, his first down % from rushing is lower than Bens.

Please tell me when VY has consistently passed for 200 yds/game.

I just want to know where you are getting your made up numbers that don't back up your statements.

wutchy
02-02-2011, 12:59 AM
Ben completed 70% of his passes and threw a perfect pass into triple coverage to win the game. Like honestly.

70% is like 14 0f 20. ASk Holmes if the pass was perfect? He caught it. Theres only one or two other Wr's in the league that could have made that catch, i can think of 5 or 6 QB's who could make the throw, or better.

MACH1
02-02-2011, 01:01 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3227/2846333238_6f701381b6.jpg?v=0

wutchy
02-02-2011, 01:02 AM
But none of that is true. :doh:

Here. I'll make it real clear for you.

Young:

Completion Percentage: 57.9
Yards/play average: 6.8
Yards/game average: 150
TD %: 3.5 (he has a 1:1 ratio)
Average rushing yards/play: 5.2
Fumbles: 21

Ben:

Completion Percentage: 63.1
Yards/play average: 8.0
Yards/game average: 227.3
TD %: 5.1
Average rushing yards/play: 3.3
Fumbles: 14 (in 45 more games)

Ben is over 22k yards. VY hasn't even reached 9k.

Now, I know that the rushing looks nice and all, but couple that with the fact that even though VY rushes more, his first down % from rushing is lower than Bens.

Please tell me when VY has consistently passed for 200 yds/game.

I just want to know where you are getting your made up numbers that don't back up your statements.

when i say their numbers are similar, i mean in a middle of the road kind of way.
Put Vince in Pittsburgh and Ben in Tennessee, and you'll see a reversal that Vince COULD put up better numbers. Similar talent and skill sets.

Buddha Bus
02-02-2011, 01:03 AM
70% is like 14 0f 20. ASk Holmes if the pass was perfect? He caught it. Theres only one or two other Wr's in the league that could have made that catch, i can think of 5 or 6 QB's who could make the throw, or better.

That pass WAS perfect idiot! How the hell could Ben have thrown that ball any better where a Cardinal defender wouldn't intercept it or knock it down? You are just digging a bigger hole for yourself. Watch it and explain it to me, oh great football genius.

BOfouSAAkZY

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 01:05 AM
I just watched the game again last night. It was a lot like the Jets game.
Ben played similar in both games if you ask me. Irrespective of numbers, maybe they were similar too, but thats not the point.

Since you won't bother to look anything up, I'll just tell you. They weren't. Ben's numbers in SBXLIII were much better than in the Jets game.

Ben sucked in the cardinals super bowl, except for the first and last drives, and he sucked in the jets game, except for the first and last drives.
Harrison saved the day in one, Gay in the other.

If Harrison saved the day, then why did they need a last minute drive for a TD? I'm not knocking on Harrison or the D...that was a great play, but the D allowed over 400 yards total. :noidea:

Ben was responsible for 2 TDs, and 2 FGs. One TD came from the D. The safety the Cardinals scored would have been a 1st down and who knows what else if the center doesn't hold.

You are just grasping at straws now. Was he Kurt Warner, Tom Brady good? No....but he didn't "suck". And VY will never be an upgrade to any team except MAYBE the Raiders.

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 01:06 AM
when i say their numbers are similar, i mean in a middle of the road kind of way.
Put Vince in Pittsburgh and Ben in Tennessee, and you'll see a reversal that Vince COULD put up better numbers. Similar talent and skill sets.

BASED ON WHAT???

I keep asking you that and you never answer. What has VY done that impresses you so?

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 01:08 AM

21/30 is exactly 70%.

Those just happen to be the number of passes Ben completed to the number he attempted.

wutchy
02-02-2011, 01:10 AM

Vince Young for Ben.

Lets see, I said Vince is a similar talent as Ben. He could "manage" games as well as Ben if he was in Pittsburgh.
Then i wrote Ben and Vince put up similar numbers, but Ben plays with a #1 defense, Vince struggles with a ineffective Defense and a lack of good recievers.
SIMILAR IS NOT IDENTICAL, AND I NEVER IMPLIED IDENTICAL. SIMILAR IS SIMILAR AS FAIR AND AVERAGE GO. THEIR NUMBERS ARE AVERAGE - AS IN MIDDLE OF THE ROAD.

And i'm hardly restricting my judgements to this year alone. I'm going from a career perspective and making my statements. The Steelers are a better TEAM, AND DEFENSE. TO COMPARE VINCE AND BEN IS LIKE COMPARING DAN MARINO AND BRETT FARVE. FARVE HAS BETTER NUMBERS, BUT PLAYED ON BETTER TEAMS.

I'D TAKE MARINO ANYDAY.

MACH1
02-02-2011, 01:11 AM
BASED ON WHAT???

I keep asking you that and you never answer. What has VY done that impresses you so?

He lands on his head good.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201009/dianasteelers0919_05_330.jpg

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm bored with you now.

Go run and play on some other forum. Make sure to bring up this brilliant idea while you're there.

See ya toolbag! :wave:

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 01:13 AM
He lands on his head good.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201009/dianasteelers0919_05_330.jpg

Love it! :thumbsup:

Stupid ****er has no clue what he's talking about.

It's boring now and I'm tired.

Should send him to SU. :chuckle:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Lets see, I said Vince is a similar talent as Ben. He could "manage" games as well as Ben if he was in Pittsburgh.
Then i wrote Ben and Vince put up similar numbers, but Ben plays with a #1 defense, Vince struggles with a ineffective Defense and a lack of good recievers.
SIMILAR IS NOT IDENTICAL, AND I NEVER IMPLIED IDENTICAL. SIMILAR IS SIMILAR AS FAIR AND AVERAGE GO. THEIR NUMBERS ARE AVERAGE - AS IN MIDDLE OF THE ROAD.

And i'm hardly restricting my judgements to this year alone. I'm going from a career perspective and making my statements. The Steelers are a better TEAM, AND DEFENSE. TO COMPARE VINCE AND BEN IS LIKE COMPARING DAN MARINO AND BRETT FARVE. FARVE HAS BETTER NUMBERS, BUT PLAYED ON BETTER TEAMS.

I'D TAKE MARINO ANYDAY.

hahaha. This is honestly a joke. Favre put up bigger career numbers because he played in 60 more games. He never put up single game or season numbers that Marino did.

And if you're making the analogy that Marino is to Favre as Young is to Ben...you're kidding.

Wallace108
02-02-2011, 01:34 AM
Should send him to SU. :chuckle:

Sounds like a fair trade for me and Buddha. :thumbsup:

Buddha Bus
02-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Sounds like a fair trade for me and Buddha. :thumbsup:

Nah! This site got royally screwed in that trade! :chuckle:

ricardisimo
02-02-2011, 03:19 AM
Mom... I don't think I will ever forgive you for this. I just catch a whiff of this thread (thank you, Matt) and am feeling carnivorous rumblings in my belly that have been absent for decades, and you go and whoosh the little critter out the door? :doh:

What the hell were you thinking? Oh, well... back to my vegetarian ways.

SteelersinCA
02-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Me too, I'm angry, I'm taking this up with the staff.

caplovestroyp43
02-02-2011, 10:53 AM

I could NOT have said that any better if I tried!! Brilliant post. :thumbsup::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applau dit::applaudit:

MasterOfPuppets
02-02-2011, 12:19 PM
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Seriously though. I don't know how you expect to get any kind of real response out of this. You're basically saying that you want to switch the Titans with the Steelers.

Yeah, not going to happen. You're posts are nothing but pure delusion.

he's my draft pick , i get the points !!! :applaudit:

mcg24
02-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I would like to present my Troll of the Year Award to the late, but great....WUTCHY!!!!!

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/9639/retard2pa1.jpg

Buddha Bus
02-02-2011, 05:32 PM
I would like to present my Troll of the Year Award to the late, but great....WUTCHY!!!!!

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/9639/retard2pa1.jpg

I don't know, Tim Lumber put in another strong showing again this year too. Besides, singling one of these "special" people out for an award is just going to cause some hurt feelings. It's best we just give trophies to wutchy, Timmah, sarahpalinhater AND USWSteel just for showing up and trying hard considering their mental disabilities. Way to go fellas! Hold those waterheads up high! :chuckle:

http://www.inturnetz.com/photos/for-forums/super_troll_trophy.jpg

mcg24
02-02-2011, 05:41 PM
I don't know, Tim Lumber put in another strong showing again this year too. Besides, singling one of these "special" people out for an award is just going to cause some hurt feelings. It's best we just give trophies to wutchy, Timmah, sarahpalinhater AND USWSteel just for showing up and trying hard considering their mental disabilities. Way to go fellas! Hold those waterheads up high! :chuckle:

No doubt there have been other strong candidates. Should I make it a monthly award so I don't leave so many strong performers out?

Buddha Bus
02-02-2011, 06:01 PM
No doubt there have been other strong candidates. Should I make it a monthly award so I don't leave so many strong performers out?

Well, that would rule out 3 of the aforementioned trolls. Lumber is the only one not banned, but I think Batman on drugs is currently holding him at bay in his thread, so he may not return either. I think Batman's debate skills have him dumbfounded at the moment. We'll have to figure out how to proceed. Maybe an end-of-year award show for biggest dumbass of the year possibly.

mcg24
02-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Well, that would rule out 3 of the aforementioned trolls. Lumber is the only one not banned, but I think Batman on drugs is currently holding him at bay in his thread, so he may not return either. I think Batman's debate skills have him dumbfounded at the moment. We'll have to figure out how to proceed. Maybe an end-of-year award show for biggest dumbass of the year possibly.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and do a Troll/idiot of the month award, and at the end we'll wrap up with a vote and give the biggest moron the Troll/idiot of the year award.