PDA

View Full Version : Wish we cold play some Renegade on Jerry's Big Screen!

DFWSTEELERFAN
02-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Crank it up! :applaudit:

lexingtonsteelersfan
02-01-2011, 11:06 PM
What is the story behind why we play renegade? When did it start and how did it catch on?

stb_steeler
02-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Jerry dont want that to happen, he'd feel like the Steelers would own the place...

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb370/ok2eme/Football%20Pics/jerry_jones_demotivational_poster.jpg

lexingtonsteelersfan
02-01-2011, 11:15 PM
I just read where renegade started in 2002 against The Browns and we came back and won. Is this a third quarter tradition OR do we play it anytime we need a big defensive stand in a game??Thanks!

lexingtonsteelersfan
02-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Do we ever play it twice? Is it always in the 3rd quarter? Do we play it on just one big drive in the game when we need an important stop? So can this song come up in the 3rd and or 4th quarter or how does it usually work. Thanks.

lexingtonsteelersfan
02-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Come on guys help me out here i have only been to a few games in person.

1) Do we ever do it more than once a game?
2) Can it be anytime in the game?
3)Is it just a 3rd quarter tradition or do they wait sometimes for he 4th?

THANKS!

Acy18
02-02-2011, 04:46 PM
I have only been to one game at Heinz Field, so I am probably not the best to answer, but I think they play it whenever - not necessarily in the 3rd quarter.

Here is a link to the story behind the Renegade song being played at the Steelers game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDUkNZp9S4A&sns=fb

:tt:

LegendSteel
02-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Come on guys help me out here i have only been to a few games in person.

1) Do we ever do it more than once a game?
2) Can it be anytime in the game?
3)Is it just a 3rd quarter tradition or do they wait sometimes for he 4th?

THANKS!

1) Sometimes, depends if the Steelers need it again, or if they want to play it to rub it in more because they're doing so well (mostly the latter). They played it twice in the Ravens Divisional playoff game...once to get them going (it was 21-14 at that point) and another time after they had taken the lead. In the 08 AFC Championship (09 really) they used it as the entrance song for the Steelers, then played it as normal later on.

2) It's usually in the 3rd quarter...sometimes 4th depending on the 3rd quarter commercial breaks. I don't recall it ever being played in the first half, except as an entrance theme.

3) See 2.

lexingtonsteelersfan
02-02-2011, 05:06 PM
^Thank you i have watched a few on youtube and it's a pretty awesome tradition. Love that Romo pick or a TD one especially.