PDA

View Full Version : A Member of My Club Wants This Guys Head On A Plaque

Lyn
05-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Forward this to every PA/Pittsburgh/Steeler fan please!!! I may just go out and pound a Raven Fan then throw this article at him and say you got this PA whoopin coz of him!!

Cut & Paste please!!!

http://www.examiner.com/a-95460~Steve_Liebowitz__Vanishing_Pittsburgh.html

Ohio Steeler
05-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Forward this to every PA/Pittsburgh/Steeler fan please!!! I may just go out and pound a Raven Fan then throw this article at him and say you got this PA whoopin coz of him!!

Cut & Paste please!!!

http://www.examiner.com/a-95460~Steve_Liebowitz__Vanishing_Pittsburgh.html

WOW!!! I really dont know what to say after reading that.

I guess it is true what they say people from B-more are that stupid

83-Steelers-43
05-03-2006, 09:41 AM
He should worry more about the sky rocketing crime rate that they have in Baltimore instead of Pittsburgh. When a TV show decides to make a crime drama pertaining to your city, you know you have problems. "The Wire" on HBO. A large portion of that city looks like downtown Baghdad.

clevestinks
05-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Coes it surprise you coming from a ravens fan?

Lyn
05-03-2006, 10:09 AM
I have been amazed at the amount of Steeler Fans from the Baltimore area, I mean real Steeler fans, not birdie fans one day and Steeler fans the next. The person who sent me this brings at least 15 Steeler Fans from MD to our annual tailgate and like most all Steeler fans, they are terrific people.

SteelerzGirl
05-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Maryland really is a beautiful state. I very much like visiting to attend the Preakness Stakes, the air show at Andrew?s Air Force Base, the beach in Ocean City, the Inner Harbor, and to attend O?s games at Camden Yards, which is an absolutely beautiful ballpark. I love attending baseball games there.

Baltimore, like any other city, has the good, the bad and the ugly. Baltimore has made an effort to beautify their city, but some slum areas do still remain. Having the Ravens stadium right next door to Camden Yards makes me want to puke, but I just put on my sunglasses and don?t look that way so all that nasty purple doesn?t blind me. :cool:

I actually think the article is funny. Jealousy will get them nowhere. Steelers fans are obviously not only taking over stadiums, but entire cities, as well! Gotta love it! :smile:

Suitanim
05-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Actually, Baltimore is the tacky capitol of the World, and the residents will even admit it. It's no accident that John Waters is from there, and sets all his movies there.

Lyn
05-03-2006, 11:16 AM
actually I found it kind of funny. He just wishes the rest of the NFL world didn't hate the Cravens and Modell and that they had REAL fans like the Steelers do.

tony hipchest
05-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Actually, Baltimore is the tacky capitol of the World, and the residents will even admit it. It's no accident that John Waters is from there, and sets all his movies there. ive never been, but ive always imagined it exactly as portrayed in the movie "pecker". well that and "female troubles"

steelcity984
05-03-2006, 11:49 PM
do the ravens even have fans?

MattsMe
05-04-2006, 12:43 AM
do the ravens even have fans?

The reason we allow that stupidity to exist here is the same reason we allow any enemy team?s fans to run over our stadiums. It?s because we?re wimpy sports fans.

I think that says it all.

MasterOfPuppets
05-04-2006, 02:05 AM
baltimore and dc,are the armpits of the east coast. they should just drop the bomb on both of em and start over in 20 yrs.

SID
05-04-2006, 08:57 AM
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4555/balissteelco0ps.jpg

Mosca
05-04-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm surprised that such a lazy, ridiculous screed would get published, but I guess that's the kind of thing that sells in Baltimore; trash talk rather than insight.

Figures.

Tom

HburgXL06
05-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Does anyone really want to wear purple anymore? I mean the players are paid to wear it and even then the color is only used as trim. But to have to pay to wear a purple jersey just doesn't seem excitin. I think I'd rather put on orange and brown!

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Nothing reading completely untrue, pointless, worthless drivel from a ratbird to just make you realize that some people are just plain dumb !

SteelerFanInCA
05-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Wow, this guy definitely sounds frustrated from all those years of no "offensive production" from his dirty ratbirds. How do you think this guy feels every morning when he wakes up knowing that Kyle Boller is their QB? Sounds like the guy who wrote this is the one who needs the lobotomy. Glad to see we are hated by Ravens fans as well. I seriously don't know what I would do if only the bunglas and clowns fans hated us. Black & Purple = Crap.

Lyn
05-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Another clubmember wrote and sent this reply:

Dear Sir,

I can see where you would think that Pittsburgh is dead after seeing how the Pittsburgh Penguins did this year and the Pittsburgh Pirates are currently doing. And even though I live an hour outside the city, I went to college there (Point Park University, Class of 2005), and I am ready to defend the city I am calling an adopted hometown with this email.

First, Pittsburgh is a town with blue collar roots, but has high standards. For example.

The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) has been in the top 10 when it comes to hospital and medical center groups within the past 10 years. Many of the people who work at those places are pioneers who make very significant advances in the field of health science. In fact, Dr. Thomas Starzl, a professor at Pitt's school of medicine, and director of his own Transplantation Institute at UPMC, has received the National Medal of Science from President George W. Bush for groundbreaking work in organ transplantation. (http://www.upmc.com/NewsStories/2006/StarzlMedCeremony.htm)

Pittsburgh itself has many universities and colleges in the area. Not just Pitt, but many smaller universities like Point Park, Carnegie Mellon, along with Duquesne and others. In fact, with as many colleges that Pittsburgh has, one of the city's unofficial nicknames is "The College City", with over 135,000 students currently residing there. (www.thecollegecity.com)

The City of Pittsburgh is headquarters to many different organizations, like US Steel, Heinz Company, Mellon Financial Services, and Del Monte foods.

The city of Pittsburgh is ranked 22nd in the media market listing (http://www.nielsenmedia.com/DMAs.html) while Baltimore is behind us at 24th.

Pittsburgh's title is still "The City of Champions" with Five Superbowls, Three World Series Championships, Two Stanley Cups and too many NCAA and Big East championships by Pitt to count. Pittsburgh is also home to two plays in sports that are Immortal. Bill Mazeroski's Walk-Off Home Run to beat the Yankees in Game 7 of the World Series in 1960, and The Immaculate Reception in 1972.

I understand that the City of Baltimore has many wonderful organizations, great places to go to College, and it has a storied sports history (if not checkered by the Midnight Leaving of the Indianapolis Colts). But I only have one suggestion for you, Sir. Before you knock the city of Pittsburgh, Do your reasearch first.

Submitted with Respect for a fellow Journalist (but you're treading on thin ice),
Josh W.

SteelerFanInCA
05-04-2006, 02:28 PM
It's nice to see that there are still people out there who can articulate themselves without being a total moron. Nice post!!!