PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Batch............#2 or not???

shimmysteelerfan
05-03-2006, 10:17 AM
I want to know how everyone feels about charlie........i personally think he is solid @ number 2....hope he can stay injury free to help out if he is needed.

Lyn
05-03-2006, 10:29 AM
I am from Mi so I naturally heard all the local media negatively talking about him and how bad he was when he played for the Lions. So when the Steelers picked him up I thought OMG. Then I saw him play for the Steelers and he looked good, not great but good enough to fill the void for awhile. Then he got hurt. During the Jags game Cowher's reason for not putting Batch in at halftime was. "Oh, I forgot about him." So here is my deduction on Charlie Batch:

1) you can not really consider his time with the Lions as they had no supporting cast and that is why he was horizontal most of the time he played for Detriot.

2) I think he is fragile, he played with us two times tops and I think it was only once, when he hurt his thumb and was out.

He has not really had a chance to prove too much to any of us as he has not played, so how anyone can make an intelligent decision on Charlie Batch is beyond me. I personally do not feel comfortable with him but Cowher does and that is all that matters.

83-Steelers-43
05-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Personally, I don't expect to have a great QB as my second. I expect a guy that can come in and not lose the game for us. Charlie did that this past season, unlike Tommy Maddox. I look around the league at other teams backup QB's and I can't really complain.

tony hipchest
05-03-2006, 10:39 AM
players like s. young, r. gannon, b. johnson, j. garcia, t. maddox were all about batches age before they really got their shot to do some damage in the league. i think batch still has the potential and ability (maybe not to be a starter like the aforementionned) but definitely to come in and be productive.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Batch is AOK with me as our #2 guy. Had he not gotten injured we may not have lost those games we did during that 3 game stretch when we fell to 7-5. He's as much of a QB as you can ask for backing up your starter. He's got experience, he's a team first guy, he knows the offense and has the respect of his team mates.

I feel pretty fortunate having him with us.

Ohio Steeler
05-03-2006, 03:50 PM
I am the NO vote I am not sure why but I just am not crazy about him, and alot has to do with the fact him and Big Ben play 2 different ways and I would like us to go get someone more like Big Ben in the way they play.

BBC
05-03-2006, 04:56 PM
He's a fine backup quarterback, but I've got a feeling Omar will be our number two by the end of the season.

Suitanim
05-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I've watched Batch play for years, and he's a much better back-up than 90% of the other teams have.

SteelerzGirl
05-03-2006, 07:48 PM
I love Charlie Batch as our #2! I have complete faith in him.

meanjoecoop
05-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I like Charlie at #2. He looked good up to and including the play where he broke his hand.

oh, and Jimmie J. still stinks! :poke: :sofunny:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Batch will be the number 2 in 2006 without a doubt. I'm glad he is the backup and Tommy Turnover is gone. But watch out for Omar Jacobs in 2007 to maybe take over the backup spot.

SteelerzGirl
05-03-2006, 11:00 PM
I like Charlie at #2. He looked good up to and including the play where he broke his hand.

oh, and Jimmie J. still stinks! :poke: :sofunny:

Oh Meanie... There's no reason for you to be jealous. Yes, Jimmie is most definitely a hot stud. There's no denying that. But you and I both know that I still like that guy who likes that M & M's car and that they not only melt in my mouth, but in my hands as well...(lol). :smile:

shimmysteelerfan
05-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Kinda off the Charlie subject but i agree Jimmie Johnson is the Shit....why else would he keep winning???? :cheers:

Suitanim
05-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Kinda off the Charlie subject but i agree Jimmie Johnson is the Shit....why else would he keep winning???? :cheers:

(Ducking and running for cover from SG)

He cheats?

shimmysteelerfan
05-04-2006, 10:37 AM

He cheats?

LOL.........it's only cheating if you get caught......his crew chief knows that

clevestinks
05-04-2006, 10:43 AM
He is experienced, as a starter nonetheless, he is smart and knows our system, and he is a Pittsburgh guy, works for me.

klick81
05-05-2006, 01:05 AM
I like Charlie, and have faith in him. I don't know much about Omar, so i can't even speculate as to who will be at the #2 spot this season.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-05-2006, 12:53 PM
I like Charlie.For everyone bitching...who won his two starts while Ben was injured and who lost his two?Charlie Batch won and Turnover Tommy lost.

I remember everyone screaming for Batch when Turnover Tommy was sucking balls.Now people want him out of town?I'll take Batch as my #2 over most team's #2's.The only #2 I can think of who I would rather have is Matt Shuab of the Falcons.

Lets list a few #2's:

Browns- Ken Dorsey
Begals- Anthony Wright (a Steeler and Raven reject)
Ravens- St. Pierre (who was never better than a PS player for us)
Panthers- Chris Wienke

Yeah,I'll take Batch over all of them.

SteelerzGirl
05-05-2006, 05:28 PM

He cheats?

:rofl:

Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to start calling you Floyd! :smile:

Love Charlie Batch!

Stlrs4Life
05-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Personally, I don't expect to have a great QB as my second. I expect a guy that can come in and not lose the game for us. Charlie did that this past season, unlike Tommy Maddox. I look around the league at other teams backup QB's and I can't really complain.

Exactly. Charlie can get the job done.