PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals will attempt to sign Steelers LB coach Butler

mesaSteeler
02-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Cardinals will attempt to sign Steelers LB coach Butler
Posted Feb. 02, 2011 @ 2:01 p.m. ET
By PFW staff
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/02/02/cardinals-will-attempt-to-sign-steelers-lb-coach-b

The Cardinals will attempt to sign Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler as their new defensive coordinator, according to Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network.

Butler and Arizona head coach Ken Whisenhunt worked together in Pittsburgh from 2003-06 when Whisenhunt served as Pittsburgh's tight ends coach and offensive coordinator.

Butler would likely accept the position if it were offered to him, according to La Canfora.

The way we see it

The Cardinals finished with the league's 29th-ranked defense last season. Butler would bring a rich tradition of successful Steelers defenses with him as the Cardinals' organization attempts to turn things around.

LegendSteel
02-02-2011, 06:12 PM
A comment posted by someone to the article:

"Jason La Canfora reported that D. Lebeau would leave the Steelers for the Cardinals, which was rebuffed. Now he is reporting that Keith Butler is leaving for the Cardinals, which already has been rebuffed. This is the same guy who reported the Steelers were cutting Casey Hampton last year. Does this guy have any journalistic integrity AT ALL, or does he just throw stuff against the wall to hope something sticks?"

Buddha Bus
02-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Does this guy have any journalistic integrity AT ALL, or does he just throw stuff against the wall to hope something sticks?"

Apparently, it's his brain. :chuckle:

fer522
02-02-2011, 06:22 PM
this guy is as bad as any weatherman in the country
never get shit right

TRH
02-02-2011, 07:37 PM
this writer has completely no idea where and if Butler would go. He's pulling it out of his a** and guessing.

tube517
02-02-2011, 08:42 PM
LaCantaffordanewtie is trying to outdo Schefter and P.King for worst journalistic credibility for any Super Bowl week ever.

CargoJon
02-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Reason #1000000000000000000 the NFL Network should have re-signed Adam Schefter.

Now they're stuck with this dweeb that nobody take seriously and can't even keep his glasses on straight....let along actually break a story.

NFL "Insider" my ass.

austinfrench76
02-02-2011, 10:51 PM
The NFL network has gone to hell in a hand basket. Just sayin.

El Nino
02-02-2011, 10:53 PM
why are they always trying to take our players and coaches, they should get their frickin own lol

dave n'at
02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Teams have been trying to steal Butler the past three or four years. From what I've read about him, he's said he's perfectly content studying under LeBeau until it's his time to move up to being our D. Coordinator when Dick retires. Hopefully it's true and Keith has soaked up everything the man has to teach.

SteelerFanInATL
02-03-2011, 12:34 AM
this guy is as bad as any weatherman in the country
never get shit right

You can't control mother nature, but you can control what is reported.

SteelKnight
02-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Whiz is no wiz and now with no QB he's falling apart. I don't see what was so special about him here in Pitt except for the trick plays.

All the Steelers have to say is no. It is sonly required that you let assistants interview for head coaching positions...not coordinator spots. Lebeau still has maybe one more year. If Butler is smart he would wait.

The Steelers should not let Horton go and should start developing someone else behind Butler. We were lucky that Lebeau was comfortable with D coordinator but someone like Butler will only be there 1 or 2 years max before someone offers him a head coaching spot and he leaves.

SteelKnight
02-03-2011, 01:24 AM
You can't control mother nature, but you can control what is reported.

Well I do believe Arizona will ask to speak to him.

I also got the impression from a different interview that he would take the job so long as they paid him more than Pittsburgh.

So the story is not a total lie. The thing is, I don't think the Steelers will allow him to speak to them.

pete74
02-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Arizona definatly wants him because they want to be just like the Steelers and think he can help but he wont go. Rooneys just gave him alot of money to stay so there is no way there letting him go