PDA

View Full Version : Staubach Hates Steelers, Hopes GB Wins

NEWstevo
02-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Roger Staubach is handing out the VLT. And he said… point blank… on the NFL Network that he will NOT like it if he has to give it to the Steelers.

On one hand, I respect his honesty. He is not really a media guy so why not speak from the heart.

But… he represents the North Texas Super Bowl XLV Host Committee, the Super Bowl, the teams, the players, the fans, and National Football League as a whole and his personal feelings and bias should not be a part of the story. To add that comment to the interview was distasteful. But then again… he was a Cowboy so go figure.

Tomlin should put that 10 second sound bite on a loop and play it for the team.
GO STEELERS!!!

El Nino
02-02-2011, 09:21 PM
we hate him too! he's gonna hate us even more when we WIN

mesaSteeler
02-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Aw the little cryBoy is still whining after all these years. How sweet.

MattsMe
02-02-2011, 09:25 PM
:chuckle:

The Steelers ended Staubach's career. Even his daughter said so. I can't blame the guy for having hard feelings.

Atlanta Dan
02-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Staubach is honest and that is fine - if you ever watch interviews with 70s Cowboys they are haunted by the loss to the Steelers in SB XIII, which those Cowboys believe decided which team would be the team of the 70s - the Steelers owned the Cowboys in the 70s

Jack Ham, the former Steelers linebacker, runs into Staubach occasionally, and Staubach still talks about a play that involved a double-level passing route — a crossing route and a deep post route. A Steelers safety jumped the crossing route and intercepted Staubach.

“To this day, Staubach says, ‘That post was wide open,’ ” Ham said. “We played in a charity tennis game in Dallas, and at one point I said to Roger, ‘You’ve got to let it go or get therapy.” :chuckle:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/27/sports/football/27dallas.html?scp=1&sq=staubach&st=cse

Glad to know that both Goodell and Staubach will be pi**ed off if they are handing the trophy to Tomlin and the Rooneys Sunday night

4xSBChamps
02-02-2011, 09:35 PM
... at-least Staubach has experience in 'handing' Championships to the Steelers

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/LCGreenwoodRogerStaubachSB10.jpg

TRH
02-02-2011, 09:43 PM
But… he represents the North Texas Super Bowl XLV Host Committee, the Super Bowl, the teams, the players, the fans, and National Football League as a whole and his personal feelings and bias should not be a part of the story. To add that comment to the interview was distasteful. But then again… he was a Cowboy so go figure.

This. If you wanna be a "fan" and choose sides, thats fine and dandy, no problem.Step down and be a fan.....but to be a representative and act that way is pathetic. to "not" want to give the winning team its award

tube517
02-02-2011, 09:45 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4073/4900462228_ff37191158.jpg

ETL
02-02-2011, 10:22 PM
I don't begrudge Staubach one bit for wanting the Packers to win.

This is an honorable man in both sports, business and life. If he still holds animosity against the Steelers for beating him twice in the biggest game of this sport - that just means that he cared and still do.

If a Steeler player suffers such a loss, I hope he still holds some emotion to that loss.

Sixburgher
02-02-2011, 10:29 PM
But… he represents the North Texas Super Bowl XLV Host Committee, the Super Bowl, the teams, the players, the fans, and National Football League as a whole and his personal feelings and bias should not be a part of the story.

Maybe we'll luck out and Fox will go the whole route and have Mike Holmgren as a guest commentator too, just like NBC did two years ago. Sour grapes all around.

ucsteve667
02-02-2011, 11:22 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4073/4900462228_ff37191158.jpg

awesome

Merchant
02-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Good. Some more bulletin board material.

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Staubach Hates Steelers, Hopes GB Wins

Good. We like it that way. Matter of fact, I can't wait to watch this on Sunday....

And when he has to hand the VLT to the Steelers, his face is probably gonna turn red, his eyes will go slack, that stroke will come on, and little spit bubbles are gonna start to form at the corners of his mouth....while in the background, Goodell's head explodes, Raiders of the Lost Ark style.

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

Third Rail
02-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Good. We hate him too.

Also, I could have sworn he screwed all of his employees when he sold his company a few years back to Jones Lang LaSalle but I can't find the articles now. But if I remember correctly, he secured millions for himself and his family while 2/3 of his employees got the boot. Real saint.

El Nino
02-03-2011, 12:21 AM
the steelers thrive when they feel an us against the world mentality.

does the media have any idea what they could be doing? lol.