PDA

View Full Version : from the ciny message boards

Ohio Steeler
05-03-2006, 07:22 PM
ok i came across this on the Ciny message boards and found it funny.

afc 06 predictions

drew14 posted

afc north
bengals-13-3
steelers-9-7
ravens-7-9
browns-7-9

afc east
dolphins-10-6
patriots-9-7
jets-6-10
bills-6-10

afc west
chiefs-10-6
chargers-10-6
broncos-9-7
raiders-4-12

afc south
colts-12-4
jaguars-10-6
texans-6-10
titans--5-11 thoughts?

MadieuFanClub posted

north
bengals 12-4
steelers 11-5
browns 7-9
ravens 5-11

south
colts 11-5
jaguars 10-6
titans 9-7
texans 6-10

east
dolphins 10-6
patriots 9-7
jets 7-9
bills 4-12

west
broncos 14-2
chargers 10-6
chiefs 9-7
raiders 3-13

I posted

north
steelers 14-2
bengals 11-5
browns 10- 6
ravens 3- 13

south
colts 13-3
jaguars 11-5
titans 9-7
texans 2-14

east
patriots 9-7
dolphins 8-8
bills 7-9
jets 6-10

west
broncos 14-2
chargers 12-4
chiefs 10-6
raiders 6-10

http://boards.bengals.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18338&st=0&gopid=391570&#entry391570

j-dawg
05-03-2006, 07:44 PM
ok i came across this on the Ciny message boards and found it funny.

afc 06 predictions

drew14 posted

afc north
bengals-13-3
steelers-9-7
ravens-7-9
browns-7-9

afc east
dolphins-10-6
patriots-9-7
jets-6-10
bills-6-10

afc west
chiefs-10-6
chargers-10-6
broncos-9-7
raiders-4-12

afc south
colts-12-4
jaguars-10-6
texans-6-10
titans--5-11 thoughts?

MadieuFanClub posted

north
bengals 12-4
steelers 11-5
browns 7-9
ravens 5-11

south
colts 11-5
jaguars 10-6
titans 9-7
texans 6-10

east
dolphins 10-6
patriots 9-7
jets 7-9
bills 4-12

west
broncos 14-2
chargers 10-6
chiefs 9-7
raiders 3-13

I posted

north
steelers 14-2
bengals 11-5
browns 10- 6
ravens 3- 13

south
colts 13-3
jaguars 11-5
titans 9-7
texans 2-14

east
patriots 9-7
dolphins 8-8
bills 7-9
jets 6-10

west
broncos 14-2
chargers 12-4
chiefs 10-6
raiders 6-10

http://boards.bengals.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18338&st=0&gopid=391570&#entry391570

i'd be completely happy with 10-6 this year....

Indy_Steelers
05-03-2006, 08:30 PM
i would like to have 12 wins and a division title at least.

Livinginthe past
05-04-2006, 01:49 AM
I agree, having the Dolphins at 10-6 and still winning the division title is pretty laughable.

Mind you - having the Pats at 9-7 is pretty funny also - I dont suppose you want to have a sig. bet Ohio Steeler?

You get 9 wins and under for the Pats...I get everything above?

NM

Ohio Steeler
05-04-2006, 08:46 AM
I agree, having the Dolphins at 10-6 and still winning the division title is pretty laughable.

Mind you - having the Pats at 9-7 is pretty funny also - I dont suppose you want to have a sig. bet Ohio Steeler?

You get 9 wins and under for the Pats...I get everything above?

NM

I am up for it what the heck

Livinginthe past
05-04-2006, 09:03 AM
I am up for it what the heck

Good man Ohio!

NM

clevestinks
05-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Who was smoking the crack pipe, that thinks the Ravens will win 7 games??

And on are way to a sixth ring we will win double digits

Ohio Steeler
05-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Good man Ohio!

NM

I forgot to ask how many wins do you think the Pats will get this year ?

SteelShooter
05-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Has crack sales gone up in Ohio???????? :goof:

Livinginthe past
05-05-2006, 03:32 AM
I forgot to ask how many wins do you think the Pats will get this year ?

Hey Ohio,

I would guess 12-4 this year - its not the strongest of schedules compared to recent times.

I think sooner or later we are going to have a year where we dont get crippled by injuries (we set a record the last 3 years, including the 2 SB winning years!)

NM

Ohio Steeler
05-05-2006, 03:55 AM
Hey Livinginthe past I just dont see it you guys lost Tom Ashworth, T (SEA); Matt Chatham, LB (NYJ); Andre' Davis, WR (BUF); Tim Dwight, WR (NYJ); Christian Fauria, TE (WAS); David Givens, WR (TEN); Willie McGinest, LB (CLE); Adam Vinatieri, K (IND) to the free agent market and you have a running back Corey Dillon who is somewhat of an injury concern ( correct me if I am wrong about that please ) and how is it you replace the best kicker the Pats have had in ages you go out and sign someone who has been out of football for the past year Martin Gramatica.

So I just dont see you guys winning that many games this year

3 to be 4
05-05-2006, 06:36 AM
Hey Livinginthe past I just dont see it you guys lost Tom Ashworth, T (SEA); Matt Chatham, LB (NYJ); Andre' Davis, WR (BUF); Tim Dwight, WR (NYJ); Christian Fauria, TE (WAS); David Givens, WR (TEN); Willie McGinest, LB (CLE); Adam Vinatieri, K (IND) to the free agent market and you have a running back Corey Dillon who is somewhat of an injury concern ( correct me if I am wrong about that please ) and how is it you replace the best kicker the Pats have had in ages you go out and sign someone who has been out of football for the past year Martin Gramatica.

the first 5 FA's you mentioned are hardly devastating losses, especially with Matt Light, Dan Koppen, and Rodney Harrison coming back. Watson is a year better too. Eric Warfield and Tebucky Jones will help Harrison solidify the secondary with Wilson,Samuel, Gay and Hobbs. the draft helped the Dillon and Givens situations. and there is still post June 1st signings to do. the Patriots will be fine.

Livinginthe past
05-05-2006, 01:34 PM

Hey Ohio,

Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to preseason predictions of teams performances.

Tom Ashworth was pressed into action last year due to alot of injuries on the O-Line - he is a rotation guy alot of the time and would have been one this year - our starting front 5 should look like this.

LT - Matt Light
LG - Logan Mankins (his first year was excellent he will be even better this year)
C - Dan Koppen (If/when he returns from injury a very solid player)
RG - Stephen Neal - ex-wrestler starting to approach peak performance (his 3rd year of starting)
RT - Nick Kaczur - done an outstanding fill in job last year at LT - will move across to this side and improve even further with experience.

Tim Dwight (19 catches), Andre Davis (9 catches) were bit part players last year and will not be missed - althought Dwight was useful on punt returns.

Christaian Fauria was a useful pass catching 3rd TE - but he did not excel at blocking which is a must have skill for Bill Belicheck TE's, he is also quite old now.

David Givens will be missed - always a deep threat and a physical threat - I hope by the midpoint of the season that Chad Jackson will have the No.2 receiver position sewn up - we should remember that Givens was a 7th rounder and, like David Patten, benefitted from a good system and a great QB.

Willie McG is a warrior and will be missed - I would happily have seen him play another season in New England - it remains to be seen who will step up into the vacant OLB position.

Adam V will also be missed - how can you over value the most clutch kicker the game has ever seen - but I guess you cant afford to keep everyone on the roster when you are succesful - Adams leg power may be beginning to dwindle also..this season will tell. We also drafted a K in the 4th round - so I guess we are pretty high on the guy..who knows how good he will be.

Corey Dillon played all of last year with an injury to the upper ankle, he was never given sufficient tim to recover becasue all our other RB's got injured at the same time - Dillon never played to his full potential last year - I am confident that after the offseason rest we will see a 1400 yard season from Dillon - unless he shares alot of the load with 1st round pick Laurence Maroney.

Thats my honest opinion - like I said we all have our own takes on these matters - I cant wat til we find out who was right!

NM