PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson Running his big mouth already

83-Steelers-43
05-03-2006, 07:28 PM
CINCINNATI -- Quarterback Carson Palmer is muddling through his rehab. Running back Chris Perry is just starting his. The offensive line is in flux.

No matter. Pro Bowl receiver Chad Johnson insists that the Cincinnati Bengals will not only win their division this season, but they'll also dominate it.

"We're going to be good," Johnson said Wednesday, following a workout at Paul Brown Stadium. "Anyone else that feels we're not going to dominate the AFC North this year, something's wrong.

"Look at the numbers. Look at the players. Look at me. What else could I say?" he said.

His tone was mirthful, his point serious. The Bengals have a much tougher challenge ahead this time around, but they're convinced that they're up to it.

As long as Palmer is back, that is.

Palmer tore ligaments and other tissue in his left knee during a first-round playoff loss to Pittsburgh, which finished second in the AFC North but went on to win the Super Bowl. Palmer is hoping to be back for the start of the season, but the odds favor a later return.

"Carson says he'll be back Week 1 -- we'll be good," Johnson said.

If not, newcomer Anthony Wright will have to lead the team through one of its toughest schedules in years -- much tougher than last season's when the Bengals went 11-5.

The Bengals won't know until training camp whether there's a realistic chance that Palmer can play early in the season. He didn't have much to say about his recovery from reconstructive surgery on Wednesday.

"Everything's going great," he said. "It's a long, slow process, and I'm moving along. As the rehab moves along and the leg gets stronger and better, I can do more things."

While Palmer talked about his comeback, Perry was on the other side of the locker room getting started on his own. Perry, the team's first-round draft pick out of Michigan in 2004, had his right knee cleaned out on Friday. He expects to be ready for training camp.

The knee bothered Perry last season, but tests couldn't detect the debris that doctors eventually found inside the knee.

"It's always a relief to know what's bothering you," he said, still unable to put full weight on the leg.

The Bengals' defense was their downfall last season, giving up an average of 30 points over the last eight games. They drafted defensive players with four of their first five picks over the weekend -- cornerback Johnathan Joseph, defensive linemen Frostee Rucker and Domata Peko and linebacker A.J. Nicholson.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2432429

83-Steelers-43
05-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Boy, I love bulletin board material. Some idiots never learn. Like I said last year, keep talking Chad, keep talking.

meanjoecoop
05-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Johnson's comments are best suited for internet forums...its a VIRTUAL reality. Keep dream'n Chad!

Black@Gold Forever32
05-03-2006, 07:36 PM
This isn't anything new from CJ. Really it doesn't bother me what CJ say anyway. He proclaimed that the Bengals were going to close out the season scoring 35 points a game all the way to the Super Bowl. Plus he said it was a changing of the guard in the AFC North. Yea the Bengals won the division but the Steelers won the bigger prize.

Bengals have the first place schedule and the Palmer injury. Those are two big things that can hinder the Bengals to repeat as division champs. Plus they have to make sure that Chris Henry doesn't point any guns at anyone so he isn't a distraction to the team.

Bengals are very young and talented team. But after this year four of their Olineman are free agents. Among them are tackles Willie Anderson and Levi Jones. They won't be able to keep them all.

SID
05-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Ha I actually feel sorry for Johnson cause he tries his hardest to get in the heads of other teams but he just comes off as an idiot.

Suitanim
05-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Chad IS entertaining, just not in the way he thinks he is.

He's one of those guys who never grasped that all the people that are laughing around him are laughing AT him, not with him.

Idiot.

Bigsteve332310
05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
haha don't you love how them bungle fans talk about winning the division. All the division championship is, is an invitation to the playoffs. Its what you do with that invitation to the playoffs that counts.

Ohio Steeler
05-03-2006, 10:14 PM
CJ needs to shut his mouth, I cant stand this fool and I sure the hell cant wait for the steelers to shut his ass up.

HburgXL06
05-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Chad Chad Chad......he needs to shut his mouth. For one it seems his mouth and ass*hole are interchangable since whenever he opens either end shit comes out of it. Also it looks like he doesn't know what Crest is. I'm glad they are so worried about winnin the division. Good to see they think they will dominate the division. It's not like there aren't 28 other teams in the NFL and the bengals will have to play those other teams if they even get to the play offs. Interchange division with Steelers because you know he's not talkin bout the ravens or browns. They won the division on a weak schedule last year and went 11-5. WE were also 11-5 and we beat them. The Steelers were not the strongest last year and they beat them! Next year they will have the schedule that the Steelers usually have and win consistently with. Let him run his mouth for now because when game time comes we'll have him runnin in a different way....right out of the stadium. A broken QB and one reciever ain't enough to carry a team, and wit their D line lookin like swiss cheese we will run right through them...literally. Go ahead Chad and run your mouth for 5 months, it will only take us 60 minutes of field time to shut it!

BuFu

Ward86MVP
05-03-2006, 11:36 PM
To quote Joey Porter:

"Who dey? Who dey? I'm tired of beating ya'll a**. Ya'll make me tired. We'll see you Kitty Cats in September!"

Chad better watch his mouth. As a competitor, it is entertaining to watch him play, but to say you are going to "dominate" the division in which the reigning SB champ plays? C'mon, Chad. It will be a dogfight, just like last year. They'll be good; we'll be better. Can't wait til Sept. 24th!!!

Ambridge
05-04-2006, 03:49 AM
Chad is turning into "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".
Nothing he says or predicts ever happens so it has become real easy to just tune him out.

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-04-2006, 05:55 AM
Chad obviously is going to fail his drug test.... :sofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Chad is what he wants to be,an entertainer.It entertains me when he makes his predictions and he falls flat on his face.

CantStop85
05-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Chad is what he wants to be,an entertainer.It entertains me when he makes his predictions and he falls flat on his face.
It entertains me how much it gets under steelers fans' skin when he makes those kinds of comments. :bouncy:

tony hipchest
05-04-2006, 05:32 PM
It entertains me how much it gets under steelers fans' skin when he makes those kinds of comments. :bouncy:
it entertains me watching the steelers win a superbowl.

advantage: steelers

SteelShooter
05-04-2006, 05:42 PM
CJ needs to shut his mouth, I cant stand this fool and I sure the hell cant wait for the steelers to shut his ass up.

Don't sweat him Bro. Not many people can stand this trash talking fool. He makes a literal fool of himself, thinking he is quite coy. Most people with little intelligence actually believe they are on top of the trash talking game, when in fact they are only embarrassing themselves and their team. Well, in the aspect of the bungles, I am stretching it a bit when I actually call them a team. CJ and TJ are both in it for themselves, nothing more - nothing less.

I am content to watch them lose while I smile and hope to see him cry, whine, and pout onece again in front of the media.

BBC
05-04-2006, 05:51 PM
He also said it was the Bengals turn in the AFC North.

Then the Steelers won the Super Bowl.

I hope he continues to talk :bouncy:

Ambridge
05-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Chad is what he wants to be,an entertainer.

Chad is the Gilbert Godfrey of the NFL.
Not much entertainment value but really annoying to listen too.

MasterOfPuppets
05-04-2006, 06:48 PM
not nearly as entertaining as listening to the bengal fans whine about palmers leg...:wink02:

tony hipchest
05-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Chad is the Gilbert Godfrey of the NFL.
Not much entertainment value but really annoying to listen too.

ha! good one. whats also entertaining is how much it must get under chad johnsons skin, sitting at home watching the superbowl, on the black and white hdtv, plasma screen tv, joey porter sent him.

"doh! :dang: "

*chad opens mouth and inserts foot......again*

BlackNGold203
05-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Math question.......

Which is greater...the number of Super Bowls won by Pittsburgh last year...or the number of TD's CJ scored against the Steelers last year?

Ya know...lol...I know this guy is trying to be funny and innocently outrageous...but i'm sorry....it just comes across as moronic

Ohio Steeler
05-04-2006, 11:35 PM
I hate Chad and I cant stand the Bungals, so I am looking forward to watching the steelers make chad and the bungals there B*itch for the day this coming year

blackngoldbaby
05-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Ha I actually feel sorry for Johnson cause he tries his hardest to get in the heads of other teams but he just comes off as an idiot.
me too!!!hes all talk and no action well see whos the best when the season comes. players that run their mouth always finish last:smile: