PDA

View Full Version : king james... midnight madness!!

j-dawg
05-04-2006, 04:41 AM
well it was 9:00 in los angeles, but holy smack! what a playoff game.

LeBron took an in-bounds pass with 3.3 seconds remaining in overtime, tight-roped Antawn Jamison on the baseline, and laid the acrobatic game-winner up and in with .9 seconds remaining, giving the Cavaliers a 121-120 win in one of the most thrilling games in Cavalier history.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gameday_wizards_060503.html

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/chamberoffear.jpg

Suitanim
05-04-2006, 08:39 AM
He was robbed of the MVP, but it's okay, he'll win it next year, and the year after that, and the year that, and the...

Ohio Steeler
05-04-2006, 08:41 AM
He was robbed of the MVP, but it's okay, he'll win it next year, and the year after that, and the year that, and the...

I could not agree more

tony hipchest
05-04-2006, 09:24 AM
not to mention he went 1 0n 5 to get that final shot. only abdul jabbar, chamberlain, and 1 other dude (not jordon, magic, or bird) have scored a higher average in their 1st playoff series. you wouldve never guessed it but i think the cavs/wizards series has been the best one so far in the 1st round. lebron is flat out disgusting.

gotta give props to gilbert areanas too. hes playing balls out.

Steel - X
05-04-2006, 09:44 AM
CAVS WIN CAVS WIN, Bron should be the MVP hands down, just because he is young doesnt disqualify him!! What a game last night.

TNT last night said that Bron and Arenas are 150 points or something like that combined behind the playoff series record. This thing will be coming back to Cleveland for one more game.

GO CAVS

Suitanim
05-04-2006, 09:57 AM
And he's only 21 years old...

tony hipchest
05-04-2006, 10:10 AM
And he's only 21 years old...if he were playing in college right now (as a jr.) he would be completely embarrasing all the competition in the ncaa. theyd probably kick him out and force him to enter the nba draft. hed stink up every game he was in.

Suitanim
05-04-2006, 10:28 AM
SI did a mock NCAA tournament 2 years ago, and it had James joining his buddies, playing for Akron, and the Zips winning the National Championship.

clevestinks
05-04-2006, 11:17 AM
King JAmes earned a little more respect last night

steelersgirl86
05-04-2006, 12:09 PM
i am so tired today since the game lasted so long...but great game....one more

RoethlisBURGHer
05-04-2006, 12:31 PM
LBJ is the best player in the NBA.He's the most fun to watch.The guy is a true leader,unlike Kobe "I must be the Show" Bryant.

Anyone think the Cavs can get lucky and get past Detroit in Round 2?If so,Cavs are in the Finals.

Koopa
05-04-2006, 03:00 PM
well it was 9:00 in los angeles, but holy smack! what a playoff game.

LeBron took an in-bounds pass with 3.3 seconds remaining in overtime, tight-roped Antawn Jamison on the baseline, and laid the acrobatic game-winner up and in with .9 seconds remaining, giving the Cavaliers a 121-120 win in one of the most thrilling games in Cavalier history.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gameday_wizards_060503.html

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/chamberoffear.jpg

no he didn't tight rope as you say, he cleared space with his right arm to get around jamison. which last time i checked is a foul. but everyone thinks lebron is god he gets away with it, first traveling on his first game winner and now this. someone needs to pull a raja on lebron

Koopa
05-04-2006, 03:01 PM
LBJ is the best player in the NBA.He's the most fun to watch.The guy is a true leader,unlike Kobe "I must be the Show" Bryant.

Anyone think the Cavs can get lucky and get past Detroit in Round 2?If so,Cavs are in the Finals.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!!! i have a better chance of flying, that series will be over in 5

Suitanim
05-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Bwahahahahaha!

A LeBron hater...I've seen it all now.

You know, there's a reason everybody loves him...it's because he's MUCH farther along at 21 than Michael Jordan was, and, barring any injury, will certainly surpass MJ as the greatest ever.

Koopa
05-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Bwahahahahaha!

A LeBron hater...I've seen it all now.

You know, there's a reason everybody loves him...it's because he's MUCH farther along at 21 than Michael Jordan was, and, barring any injury, will certainly surpass MJ as the greatest ever.

didn't know i hated bron bron, i like him a lot i'm just not on his **** like a lot of ya'll. the **** does mj have to do with anything??? i said he cleared space and traveled and gets away with it cause everyone thinks he's god. that doesn't mean i hate him, i say the same shit when manu does it or frenchy. and saying someone needs to pull a raja on him doesn't mean i don't like him either, i'd like to see that happen to a lot of players every now and then. so again i'm sorry i don't ride his ****, but that doesn't mean i don't like him

tony hipchest
05-04-2006, 07:48 PM
no he didn't tight rope as you say, he cleared space with his right arm to get around jamison. which last time i checked is a foul. but everyone thinks lebron is god he gets away with it, first traveling on his first game winner and now this. someone needs to pull a raja on lebron everyone uses the forearm and tries to get away with hand checking. travelling isnt even a penalty no more (if so you could wipe out half of shaqs points with that little hop-step-pause-dunk manuver hes made a career off of) double dribble? see it all the time yet its rarely called. basketball today has got to be one of the toughest sports to officiate. the players who dominate the sport would still dominate it, even if there were 5 officials out there calling everything.

3 to be 4
05-04-2006, 08:01 PM
so do you think David Stern is praying for a Cleveland-LA final?
now I'D even watch that!

Koopa
05-04-2006, 08:09 PM
everyone uses the forearm and tries to get away with hand checking. travelling isnt even a penalty no more (if so you could wipe out half of shaqs points with that little hop-step-pause-dunk manuver hes made a career off of) double dribble? see it all the time yet its rarely called. basketball today has got to be one of the toughest sports to officiate. the players who dominate the sport would still dominate it, even if there were 5 officials out there calling everything.

still don't make it right, i was just pointing it out, cause y'all makin it seem like he's god, he didn't do anything special on those game winners, first he traveled, sure a lot of ppl travel but it isn't always clear, that was clear as day that he traveled, and then yesterday this jdawg dude is makin it seem like he tight roped his game winner when he clearly created the space with his right arm. if you gonna praise the kid at least do it truthfully.

j-dawg
05-04-2006, 09:40 PM
no he didn't tight rope as you say, he cleared space with his right arm to get around jamison. which last time i checked is a foul. but everyone thinks lebron is god he gets away with it, first traveling on his first game winner and now this. someone needs to pull a raja on lebron

first off koopa, i was reposting the second paragraph of the article in the link i posted... did you click on it? :dang: apparently you haven't been watching this series... and here you start running your mouth with accusations without knowing the facts. you want to bring up fouls? okay.

before game 4 the wizards head coach Eddie Jordan said this...

"Clearly, Gil doesn't get the calls that LeBron gets. I'm not going to get fined for saying what's obvious. Everybody sees it,"

well here's a break down of the fouls for LeBron and Gilbert up to game 4

Number of Times Each Player Went to the Line
Gilbert Arenas LeBron James
Game 1 13 FTA 11 FTA
Game 2 11 FTA 15 FTA
Game 3 11 FTA 9 FTA
Game 4 17 FTA 7 FTA

Total 52 FTA 42 FTA

in fact the Wizards (upto game 4) have been to the line 35 more times than the Cavaliers.

Fouls Called Against Each Team
Wizards Cavaliers
Game 1 21 25
Game 2 20 22
Game 3 21 24
Game 4 21 34

Total 83 105

Number of Times Each Team Went to the Line
Wizards Cavaliers
Game 1 36 FTA 22 FTA
Game 2 29 FTA 29 FTA
Game 3 33 FTA 27 FTA
Game 4 40 FTA 25 FTA

Total 138 FTA 103 FTA

LeBron never got an offensive foul called against him playing the wizzers during regular season but somehow he's amassed over 8 in this series.... the officiating thus far has been terrible... you can't say that the Cavs or Lebron have had all the calls go their way, 'cause that's clearly not the case... i think everyone agrees that the officials try to even out their calls 'cause there's so many bad ones....

someone should pull a raja on LeBron??
:idea:
you should think before you post dude...

Koopa
05-04-2006, 09:58 PM
it still don't make what lebron did right, y'all ride his **** way to hard is what i'm getting at. he's done nothing kobe hasn't done already and i'm the biggest kobe hater here so don't get it twisted. and i ain't saying they are getting all the calls, i only brought up two which are the two game winners not all the other calls cause i don't care. so again i'm saying y'all ride his **** to hard, and if y'all are gonna brag about him at least mention what he does to get his game winners

tony hipchest
05-04-2006, 10:17 PM
it still don't make what lebron did right, y'all ride his **** way to hard is what i'm getting at. he's done nothing kobe hasn't done already and i'm the biggest kobe hater here so don't get it twisted. and i ain't saying they are getting all the calls, i only brought up two which are the two game winners not all the other calls cause i don't care. so again i'm saying y'all ride his **** to hard, and if y'all are gonna brag about him at least mention what he does to get his game winners

y'all???? looks like youre sitting on the top of tim duncans totem pole.:busted:

Koopa
05-04-2006, 10:20 PM
well when i say y'all i mean all the lebron ****riders. and i don't start threads about duncan or any of the spurs. so i ain't ridin on any of their ****s the way some of y'all do with lebron. duncan is in my sig cause bb2w made it that way

Suitanim
05-05-2006, 09:03 AM
I brought up Jordan because he travelled 40 times a game, and was never called for it.

tony hipchest
05-05-2006, 11:01 PM
gotta give props to gilbert areanas too. hes playing balls out. g. areanas is quickly becoming one of my top 10 favorites in the nba. the 3 pointer he hit to send game 6 into overtime was sick.

Suitanim
05-05-2006, 11:18 PM
But the Cavs advance...and Arenas stays home.

Such is life.

tony hipchest
05-05-2006, 11:20 PM
what a series. lebron and areanas put themselves on the map. either will probably be sacraficial lambs in the next series. im pulling for the nets.

j-dawg
05-06-2006, 04:58 AM
yep, i've got to give arenas props... that dude brought it... and butler played some tough ball also... not to say i'm mad we didn't go to game 7, but it's rough that gil didn't drop those two free throws... cost 'em the game..

Ohio Steeler
05-06-2006, 10:33 AM
so the cavs are moving on to bad it all comes to an end for them now, the pistions are going to murder them

j-dawg
05-06-2006, 01:11 PM
we may not win the series... but we're in the second round and that's a good start.

Suitanim
05-06-2006, 07:08 PM
The Cavs may surprise some people...I don't think they're ready to beat the Pistons, but this isn't going to be the cakewalk that people are making it out to be.

Suitanim
05-09-2006, 08:10 PM
This is too easy...they put 2-3 guys in a zone around James, and expose the fact that the rest of the Cavs don't measure up. LeBron needs his Scottie Pippen before the Cavs take the next step.

And why does everyone continue to say that the Pistons completely shut James down in the 2nd half of game one? The Cavs conceded the game, and James spent 90% of the 2nd half on the bench.

Lyn
05-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Without James, do you really think the Cavs have too much? Since the idea is to score other than Gooden and James the Cavs didn't have it. Gooden's 17 points is not

BOX SCORE
Cavaliers (0-1)
On Court PTS REB AST PF
L. James* 30 14 7 4
D. Gooden* 17 8 2 4
D. Marshall 9 6 1 1
D. Jones 3 1 2 1
R. Murray 2 3 0 1
On Bench PTS REB AST PF
Z. Ilgauskas* 10 8 0 2
A. Varejao 10 5 0 3
L. Hughes* 8 3 5 6
E. Snow* 2 3 1 3
A. Henderson 0 0 0 1
I. Newble 0 0 0 0
S. Pavlovic 0 0 0 0
S. Graham 0 0 0 0
Pistons (1-0)
On Court PTS REB AST PF
R. Wallace* 29 9 2 3
T. Prince* 20 3 4 1
R. Hamilton* 17 1 3 2
C. Billups* 15 5 7 1
B. Wallace* 10 15 1 2
On Bench PTS REB AST PF
T. Delk 2 3 0 2
A. McDyess 2 1 1 5
M. Evans 2 1 0 2
K. Cato 0 0 0 0
D. Davis 0 0 0 0
L. Hunter 0 0 2 0
C. Delfino 0 0 0 0
J. Maxiell 0 0 0 0

Postgame
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The Detroit Pistons take game 2 from Cleveland Cavs by the score of 97-91. The Cavs got off to a strong start but quickly fizzled out as Detroit wore away their offense and never looked back. LeBron put up 30 points and 15 rebounds to lead the field in both. However most of it came in too late for the kind of lead the Pistons put up. Rasheed Wallace was a monster on the boards for Detroit as he put up 29 points to lead the Piostons and 9 rebounds, just one point shy of the double-double. This Detroit team has too much going for them to give the Cavs the easy win. Now the Cavs find themselves against the wall as they go down two games to one of if not the strongest team in the league. Well there you have it, fans. Once again the Detroit Pistons defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers, 97-91. Thank you all for joining me tonight... From all of us here... So long.
4th Qtr - 01:00
... And now the Cavs start to build on that miracle as they go on a 9-0 run and make it a 5 point game. 92-87 and now we start to see Detroit fans bite their nails. And now the plot thickens.
4th Qtr - 03:08
Just as things start to roll for the Cavs, here comes Detroit with the answer backs and boy can they answer back. 92-80 as the Cavs continue to look for a miracle.
4th Qtr - 08:51
Well fans... It just doesn't look like the Pistons will let up. But it's the Cavs job to step up than to wait for Detroit to let up. However with a 12-7 turnover ratio, the Cavs need to correct things right now to get back into it.
3rd Qtr - 02:02
Oh boy... It's like the Pistons keep getting hotter as the game goes on. With their 50% shooting from the field and 72% from the free throw line, they just keep making Cleveland's life impossible.
3rd Qtr - 05:45
The Pistons continue to make things look easy as cruise . Everytime the Cavs pick up some momentum, Detroit answers back twice as hard and twice as much. LeBron's presence has become more apparent as the Cavs go up 20-8 on points in the paint.
3rd Qtr - 09:10
Welcome back, folks. The Cavs come out strong but quickly get backed up by the overwhelming Detroit defense. 2 vs 1 pull back defense at its finest.
Halftime
Ok, folks, after one half the Detroit Pistons lead the Cleveland Cavaliers, convincingly, 52-36. Offensively, the Pistons have dominated the Cavs with a 53% field goal average, 70% from the free throw line, and 6 made three pointers. The Cavs... Not so hot. 36% from the field with only two three-pointers made is not going to cut it against the Pistons. Rasheed Wallace is leading the field with 16 points. But he just keeps heating up from downtown. Detroit's three-point abilities have helped them boost runs and create more room to wiggle. The Cavs need to pull away from the match-ups and move the ball alot better and much faster to have a chance. Let's find out if the second half is any different.
2nd Qtr - 02:00
... But the Pistons continue to play twice as strong as the Cavs. Not so much in their physical strength, but more in their smart basketball. I would say the Detroit Pistons have a high basketball IQ. They continue to puzzle the Cavs defense and pressure their offense. Oh boy.
2nd Qtr - 05:03
Ok so the Cavs manage to find some light as they pick up a 6-0 run after going on a 2 for 19 slump. We're now looking at a 37-24 ball game.
2nd Qtr - 07:35
Cleveland seems to be trying for a record. Yeah... The longest time without buckets. They break out of a six minute drought and are now working on another one. So far this drought's five minutes long and counting. 37-18 as Detroit continues to dominate the field.
2nd Qtr - 10:53
... And just like that the Pistons continue their hot streak. A 9-0 run continued from the 1st quarter now has them up 27-16. Tayshaun Prince is perfect from the field. So far he's 3 for 3 with 9 points, to boot.
2nd Qtr - 12:00
Detroit heads into this quarter up 23-16. The Cavs played most of the 1st in spurts. However if we talk about consistency, then we're going to talk about the Pistons. 4 for 6 from downtown and 50% overall from the field. Cleveland has a few wrongs to right before the half.
1st Qtr - 02:41
Oh boy. Now the Pistons start to rise as they go on a 7-0 run to go on the boards. It looks as if Cleveland's fatigueing fast and early. Still alot a basketball to go, fans, so let's not jump to conclusions, yet. 15-12, Detroit.
1st Qtr - 05:48
So far Detroit is a bit dormant as Cleveland continues to take advantage of the LeBron James pick and rolls. But it's Detroit fierce three-point shooting which keeps them safe behind. They just have too many players who can shoot the 15-footer. 10-8, Cavs
1st Qtr - 11:22
... And we're off as the Cavs win the tip off but fail to break the ice. However, Richard Hamilton shows them how it's done. These Pistons look mighty strong. As a unit they can perform top notch defense, my friends. The key to the Cavs will be how well they do in the 1st quarter.
Pregame
Alright, sports fans... Let's get set for some playoff NBA action as the Detroit Pistons look to go 2-0 over guests Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Lebron was less than stellar in game one but he did manage to put up 22 points in their poor series opener losing 113-86. It makes me question the rest of the Cavs. Can they step it up when their star player is off? That's what I want to know. However Detroit has that championship look in their eyes as well as their game. In game one they sank 10 three-pointers in just the first half. If they continue like that... Well... Then "Sweep's" the name of this series. Well, get set and settle back as game two of the Cleveland vs Detroit series gets ready to come your way... Next...

j-dawg
05-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Z is having a terrible playoff showing... the guys around LeBron are inconsistent... that's the problem.... and of course 'cause they're playing detroit....

Suitanim
05-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Yeah, that's my whole point. They won't take the next stepp without at LEAST one other all-star type player. I think even adding Michael Redd might have been enough, but Hughes is definitely not the answer.

It's a move that will have major consequences, too. If James doesn't get another player in the offseason, I don't expect him to re-sign with the Cavs.

Suitanim
05-13-2006, 07:32 PM
James snags yet another play-off triple-double as the Cavs win against the Pistons...and he's 21.

When he's done, he's gonna make Neo look like "The Two"...

And, Larry Hughes wasn't even in the house...he's home comforting his mother after the loss of his brother. Now the Cavs have the "Win one for the Gipper" thing going, too...

j-dawg
05-13-2006, 07:56 PM
James snags yet another play-off triple-double as the Cavs win against the Pistons...and he's 21.

When he's done, he's gonna make Neo look like "The Two"...

And, Larry Hughes wasn't even in the house...he's home comforting his mother after the loss of his brother. Now the Cavs have the "Win one for the Gipper" thing going, too...

yep, it was a much needed win...

If James doesn't get another player in the offseason, I don't expect him to re-sign with the Cavs.

i have to disagree with ya suit, i don't think james would sign with another team... i think he really enjoys being in cleveland...

Suitanim
05-13-2006, 08:02 PM
James isn't even in Cleveland. He lives in Bath, which is about 5 minutes from Akron. But that works in your argument's favor.

Gilbert knows what's coming. He's dumped 15-20 million into the "Q" in the last year, and has moved some of his infrastructure to Cleveland. He's certainly gearing up to keep James. And I DO think James would like to stay. HOWEVER, the contracts and endorsements that will be flying around, especially for an LA or NY team, will probably be in the BILLIONS next year...he's going to raise the bar again.

Koopa
05-13-2006, 10:53 PM
i think if james wants to be that player everyone says he's gonna be and who i think he'll be, he has to stay with the cavs to prove it. they have a good start even though they will probably lose in 5. they got a good coach who learned from poopovich and the pacers coach i know his name rick but i don't really feel like butchering his name so i'll make the post longer then it should be lol. danny ferry is a good whatever he is there gm?? or president of operation?? anyway he learned from r.c. buford how to manage a team. so give them another year and they'll be making legit deep runs in the playoffs with lebron on that team

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 08:09 PM
No Hughes again. Rasheed Wallace talking Joe Namath-like trash. It would be something if the Cavs could pull this game out and make it a series.

James drains a 3 as time expires to make it 38-36 .

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 09:48 PM
so much for the rasheed wallace guarantee. oops.

foot: meet mouth

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 09:49 PM
YO! Sheed. I know math is hard, but it's gonna be tough for the Pistons to take this best 4 of 7 series in game 5 now that it's 2 all.

Dumbass!

j-dawg
05-16-2006, 12:22 AM
YO! Sheed. I know math is hard, but it's gonna be tough for the Pistons to take this best 4 of 7 series in game 5 now that it's 2 all.

Dumbass!

hehehe... what a game... snow stepped up in the O... 12 pts!

Ohio Steeler
05-16-2006, 05:15 AM
I still cant belive they won tonight all tired up now at 2 each...

Suitanim
05-16-2006, 08:50 AM
If the Cavs can manage to somehow steal one in Detroit, I think they'll win this series. But it's gonna be a tough task.

It'll probably end up 4-2 Detroit, but the Cavs showed they can play with the big boys.

clevestinks
05-16-2006, 09:04 AM
I still cant belive they won tonight all tired up now at 2 each...
I agree, that was a shocker, I guess R.Wallace wont be making many more predictions:dang:

tony hipchest
05-16-2006, 11:05 AM
I agree, that was a shocker, I guess R.Wallace wont be making many more predictions:dang:you would think but right after the game he was saying no way they win any more and kind of diminishing their win by saying even the sun shines on a dogs ass or something like that.

guaransheed is a good player. but i think we can all agree that james is a great player. give it 1-2 years and no one will have the balls to trash him or the team for fear of him taking over and going michael jordan on their ass. we may see a preview of that next game.

j-dawg
05-16-2006, 12:05 PM
if we can play ball in detroit like we did in cleveland... keeping it close with the D... having the other guys score when Lebron is being doubled... we've got a chance to win this series.....

hehehe.. i just read this...

'sheed happens!!

Suitanim
05-16-2006, 01:41 PM
You know, Miami has the same problem...sure they have Shaq, but his best days are behind him. Wade needs a big dog to run with him, and James needs the same, and they are really good friends...could you imagine if the Cavs somehow were to land Wade to play with LeBron?

j-dawg
05-16-2006, 01:51 PM
You know, Miami has the same problem...sure they have Shaq, but his best days are behind him. Wade needs a big dog to run with him, and James needs the same, and they are really good friends...could you imagine if the Cavs somehow were to land Wade to play with LeBron?

that would be cool... but i don't see it happening... tell you the truth, i haven't wrote off hughes just yet... he had that finger injury, and he showed some signs of good ball play for getting back in just four weeks ago... but it certainly would be awesome if we had wade... downright unfair almost... hehehehe....

Suitanim
05-16-2006, 02:02 PM
If Gilbert wants to take James to the promised land, he's gonna have to pay top dollar for James, and probably top dollar for his Scottie Pippen.

But, yeah, Wade's a lot to ask...

Koopa
05-16-2006, 04:01 PM
*sniff sniff* y'all lucky y'all have a team that is stepping up. FIRE POOPOVICH

Suitanim
05-17-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm telling you what, the Cavs came to play tonight...if they win this game, they'll win the series.

I bet the NBA wouldn't mind at all, since they are hoping for a new Magic/Bird rivalry.

tony hipchest
05-17-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm telling you what, the Cavs came to play tonight...if they win this game, they'll win the series.

I bet the NBA wouldn't mind at all, since they are hoping for a new Magic/Bird rivalry. theyre ballin and the crowd is definitely a little shell shocked, and maybe the piston players too a little bit. the challenge will be for the cavs to keep that momentum in the 2nd half cause the game is pretty tight. detroit losing this game could be a crushing blow though and guransheed riding the pine in foul trouble definitely helps.

damn, even out west, staying up for double overtime with the suns and clippers was a bitch last night.

Suitanim
05-17-2006, 08:40 PM
A close game is what the Cavs wanted...this is gonna be interesting...could we start to see some LeBron playoff legacy beginning tonight?

tony hipchest
05-17-2006, 09:03 PM
A close game is what the Cavs wanted...this is gonna be interesting...could we start to see some LeBron playoff legacy beginning tonight? the team pressed coming out of the half and were rushing shots. with a 2 pt. lead going into the 4th the cavs cant complain, but the veteran experience of the pistons is keeping them right where they want. i wont say labron cant do anything though.

good thing the pistons have been poor in the 4th to this point.

tony hipchest
05-17-2006, 09:30 PM
dribble down, shoot the ball. miss. repeat. thats been the cavs. m.o. when they actually pass they get a 3 pointer and the foul.

they do realize theres 24 seconds to shoot the ball right?

Suitanim
05-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Billups out...

The Cavs are trying to play defensive ball, and, just like in football, it ain't always pretty...

j-dawg
05-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Billups out...

The Cavs are trying to play defensive ball, and, just like in football, it ain't always pretty...

yep.... i don't know where Z's head is this game.... damn this is tight!!

Suitanim
05-17-2006, 09:38 PM
You know, James is having a bad game and he has, what? 32 points?

Suitanim
05-17-2006, 09:41 PM
WTF!!!!!! Wallace busts James down, and they don't call it?

j-dawg
05-17-2006, 09:42 PM
You know, James is having a bad game and he has, what? 32 points?

isn't that funny? he's ONLY got 32 points.... hehehehe...

Suitanim
05-17-2006, 09:43 PM
This is do or die for Detroit...they HAVE to win this game.

Suitanim
05-17-2006, 09:48 PM
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!!! i have a better chance of flying, that series will be over in 5

DOH!!!!!!

The Cavs are gonna win this series...

j-dawg
05-17-2006, 09:50 PM
HELL YEAH!! SWEET!!

although.. these are the pistons.. they can ball...

j-dawg
05-17-2006, 09:52 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH HAHAHAHHAHHAHA
have you tried to jump off your house yet?

Ohio Steeler
05-17-2006, 10:11 PM
Hell Yeh nice win Cleveland , so Pistons fans how's it feel to be down 3-2....

tony hipchest
05-17-2006, 10:12 PM
labron comes up with the key steal, and the critical (and very smart assist). lucky break the refs didnt call a goaltend (ive seen that go either way) and snow was trying to make a heads up play at the end (ive always rooted for him since his sonics days so im glad throwing the ball down the court didnt come back to haunt him). win or lose this is definitely a coming of age for labron. although im not a cavs fan, its almost impossible not to root for him.

and he knows his stuff. nice to reference detroit coming back on orland several years ago down 3-1. dude is years beyond his age and shows maturity i never saw out of kobe in his 3rd year.

Hines86Ward
05-17-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't think Detroit can win in Cleveland. The fans get really crazy & loud @ The Q. They were insane in Game 3, and the Cavs were down 2-0. I can't wait to see the atmosphere for Game 6, it's gonna be ridiculous.....

Oh yeah, LeBron should've won MVP...

j-dawg
05-17-2006, 10:21 PM
labron comes up with the key steal, and the critical (and very smart assist). lucky break the refs didnt call a goaltend (ive seen that go either way) and snow was trying to make a heads up play at the end (ive always rooted for him since his sonics days so im glad throwing the ball down the court didnt come back to haunt him). win or lose this is definitely a coming of age for labron. although im not a cavs fan, its almost impossible not to root for him.

and he knows his stuff. nice to reference detroit coming back on orland several years ago down 3-1. dude is years beyond his age and shows maturity i never saw out of kobe in his 3rd year.

charles barkley said about lebrons age... "he's no 21, he's pulling a dominican republic..."

i've been watching him since he came into the league...

it's awesome, being a cavs fan, to watch lebron....

jordon stole our thunder back in the day... mark price and the rest were good, but couldn't get past him....

this series has been awesome!! :jammin: :banana: :getdown: :flippy: :danceshout:

tony hipchest
05-17-2006, 10:27 PM
charles barkley said about lebrons age... "he's no 21, he's pulling a dominican republic..."

i've been watching him since he came into the league...

it's awesome, being a cavs fan, to watch lebron....

jordon stole our thunder back in the day... mark price and the rest were good, but couldn't get past him....

this series has been awesome!! :jammin: :banana: :getdown: :flippy: :danceshout: actually, just about every series has been really good to this point. but the "1 man show" taking it to the former champs and team who led the league in wins, is definitely impressive. the fact that "oh sheed" is eating plenty of crow makes it that much more entertaining.

i did feel bad for mcdyess. he couldnt move after the game! he had a good 4th quarter.

Lyn
05-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Hell Yeh nice win Cleveland , so Pistons fans how's it feel to be down 3-2....

Good question. I can't speak for the others but I personally am very proud of the Pistons, win or lose I am a Piston fan til I die. Just like I am a Steeler fan til I die, no matter what. I am proud of my Steelers after winning sb XL but I have always been proud to be a Steeler fan, in the lean years and now. I have the same feelings being a Piston fan.

I like to see other teams do well. The Cavs have in James, a man who can play any position and is most definitely the best player on the floor. Bar none, he is a better player than any other NBA player in the league. I hope he stays in Cleveland and I kinda think he will.

Go Pistons!~

Koopa
05-18-2006, 01:04 AM
alright, i hope y'all can win this series on friday, i bet david stern is licking his chops right now with the possibility of the spurs and pistons being knocked out early. lebron in the finals would be huge for his pockets in the rating department. he's probably hoping cavs vs. suns final. i want a cavs vs. spurs finals, but that's just being bias lol. i hate detroit so damn much, and it's all cause of their thug fans, start a riot and then cry victim, they do not deserve to celebrate another title in that city

damn i hate watching lebron late in games. dude he makes some ****ing stupid mistakes, he needs to stop settling for a damn jumper, he's to good to be doing that bullshit, damn i'm not even a cavs fan and that pisses me off beyond belief. you can tell bron bron is young, the way he's been playing in the third and early fourth.

Lyn
05-18-2006, 08:38 AM
alright, i hope y'all can win this series on friday, i bet david stern is licking his chops right now with the possibility of the spurs and pistons being knocked out early. lebron in the finals would be huge for his pockets in the rating department. he's probably hoping cavs vs. suns final. i want a cavs vs. spurs finals, but that's just being bias lol. i hate detroit so damn much, and it's all cause of their thug fans, start a riot and then cry victim, they do not deserve to celebrate another title in that city

damn i hate watching lebron late in games. dude he makes some ****ing stupid mistakes, he needs to stop settling for a damn jumper, he's to good to be doing that bullshit, damn i'm not even a cavs fan and that pisses me off beyond belief. you can tell bron bron is young, the way he's been playing in the third and early fourth.

It has been discussed on SF often about the fanbase of teams. Not all Raven fans are thugs, not all Bengals fans are idiots, not all Browns fans are arrogant, etc, etc, etc. And I am sure you did not mean to imply that I as a Piston fan am a thug. Apology accepted.

Suitanim
05-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Interestingly, James WASN'T voted MVP, but WAS the top vote getter for the all-NBA team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2448612

Hines86Ward
05-18-2006, 01:35 PM
The Cavs are a much better team without Larry Hughes. They're used to playing without him during most of the regular season, and they've won all 3 games in this Pistons series without him. I don't wanna sound rude, but I kinda don't want Larry Hughes to come back. I'd much rather see more PT from Eric Snow, Flip Murray, & Damon Jones.

Suitanim
05-18-2006, 01:52 PM
He's still with his family, so, even if he comes back for game 6 (and, if needed, 7), I expect he'll be coming off the bench. He's inconsistent offensively, but he's a very good defender.

Koopa
05-18-2006, 04:16 PM
It has been discussed on SF often about the fanbase of teams. Not all Raven fans are thugs, not all Bengals fans are idiots, not all Browns fans are arrogant, etc, etc, etc. And I am sure you did not mean to imply that I as a Piston fan am a thug. Apology accepted.

are you from detroit??? cause those are the fans i'm talkin about, not about there fans in general. and i don't apologize for shit i say very often so i don't know who's apology you accepting there

Lyn
05-18-2006, 04:18 PM
no, I am not from Detriot, I live in Lansing work in East Lansing. I was accepting your apology, cause see I am not a thug.

Koopa
05-18-2006, 04:30 PM
well then i wasn't talkin about you in the first place, and again you can't accept an apology if someone never once said they were sorry. you shouldn't put words in ppls mouth lol

Hines86Ward
05-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Detrot fans that live in the city of Detroit ARE thugs, we witnessed it last year during the Pistons-Pacers brawl. But Boston fans are pretty bad too. Who the hell shows up at a Patriots parade chanting "Yankees Suck!"?

Lyn
05-18-2006, 05:18 PM
well then i wasn't talkin about you in the first place, and again you can't accept an apology if someone never once said they were sorry. you shouldn't put words in ppls mouth lol

Correct :)

Ohio Steeler
05-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Detrot fans that live in the city of Detroit ARE thugs, we witnessed it last year during the Pistons-Pacers brawl. But Boston fans are pretty bad too. Who the hell shows up at a Patriots parade chanting "Yankees Suck!"?

oh they did not tell you the yankees are a new football team :sofunny:

Hines86Ward
05-19-2006, 05:58 PM
oh they did not tell you the yankees are a new football team :sofunny:

I guess I didn't get that memo....:dang:

clevestinks
05-19-2006, 07:22 PM
So who is it going to be tonite, the Bad Boys from Detroit, my pick, or the Lebron gang?

Hines86Ward
05-19-2006, 07:24 PM
the LeBron gang.....

Suitanim
05-19-2006, 07:50 PM
I forgot the 2nd series went 2-2-1-1-1

Cleveland wins the series tonight.

tony hipchest
05-19-2006, 08:30 PM
So who is it going to be tonite, the Bad Boys from Detroit, my pick, or the Lebron gang? this is tough. especially going neck n neck into halftime. guaransheed made a critical mistake in thinking he was smacktalking the average team/ average player.

ive heard and seen many players called the next jordan:

vince
grant hill
stackhouse
kobe
etc.

labron is definitely it. with a little bit of "magic" thrown in . sheed barked up the wrong tree. cavs could lose the series but the shot has still been heard. sheed barked up the wrong tree. i hope the pistons lose. (as much as i appreciated them taking down the lakers in convincing fashion)

im thinking the cavs win it but i will not discount the great players and experience the pistons bring to the table. not really having any rooting interrest (other than watching a true superstar in the making) this has been a great series for basketball fans all around.

tony hipchest
05-19-2006, 09:32 PM
i think every one of labrons free throws have been nothing but net. what a nail biter.

all the calls are going detroits way. with 2 minutes to go and 4 points down i think its on to game 7

:dang: billups at the line

:dang::dang::dang: get a defensive rebound please!

2 MISSED FG AND THE CAVS CANT GET THE LOOSE BALL!

:dang::dang::dang::dang: 3 seconds left and cant get off the 3 pointer.

holy shit, ilgauskas almost tipped that in. a few calls in the 4th i didnt agree with but bitching about nba fouls is about pointless. you win some, you lose some.

Suitanim
05-19-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm stoked...I upgraded to a DLP HDTV with a full on 700 watt 6.1 surround system. The Cavs game is the very first thing I am actually able to watch with the whole system fully functional.

Suitanim
05-19-2006, 09:40 PM
I'm watching this 21 year old kid, and I can't reconcile it.

He is EMBARRASING the best D in the league, and he's doiing it by himself and making it look easy.

Anderson was fouled out...may mean the league wants a game 7.

Suitanim
05-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Game 7...you can always tell by what guys the refs foul out. It's almost like pro wrestling.

Koopa
05-19-2006, 09:49 PM
the cavs just threw their whole season away, oh well, better luck next year. flip is a ****tard for not getting that rebound after sheed missed. **** i hate the cavs for not beating the pistons lol

tony hipchest
05-19-2006, 09:57 PM
the cavs just threw their whole season away, oh well, better luck next year. flip is a ****tard for not getting that rebound after sheed missed. **** i hate the cavs for not beating the pistons lolkoop you may have just jinxed the spurs. as much as ive always liked t. duncan (my league mvp any year) they are getting about as boring as the lakers or the pistons in the finals. not quite but almost.

Hines86Ward
05-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas has pissed me off more than anyone else in this series against the Pistons. The guy is 7'3 & he's getting out-rebounded by Lindsey Hunter & Chauncey Billups. He missed 7 defensive rebound opportunities in the last 3 minutes of that game, I counted....I really hope the Cavs get rid of him at the end of the season, there's no way in hell we're gonna win a Game 7 in Detroit now.....

Koopa
05-19-2006, 10:00 PM
well if i did jinx the spurs and they lose tonight basketball is done for me until october, and i hope everyone gets hurt and dies lol. and **** david stern, i bet he's pissed that murray couldn't pull down that rebound. oh well finals is pistons vs. spurs/mavs

tony hipchest
05-19-2006, 10:08 PM
well if i did jinx the spurs and they lose tonight basketball is done for me until october, and i hope everyone gets hurt and dies lol. and **** david stern, i bet he's pissed that murray couldn't pull down that rebound. oh well finals is pistons vs. spurs/mavs lol. as one who has rooted for duncan ever since his 3rd year at wake forest, i must say it is also hard to root against avery johnson. dude is a pimp.

tony hipchest
05-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas has pissed me off more than anyone else in this series against the Pistons. The guy is 7'3 & he's getting out-rebounded by Lindsey Hunter & Chauncey Billups. He missed 7 defensive rebound opportunities in the last 3 minutes of that game, I counted....I really hope the Cavs get rid of him at the end of the season, there's no way in hell we're gonna win a Game 7 in Detroit now..... the lack of cav's defensive rebounds was killing me too. especially when it seemed the calls would be going in the pistons favor with 5 min. to go

Hines86Ward
05-19-2006, 10:11 PM
the lack of cav's defensive rebounds was killing me too. especially when it seemed the calls would be going in the pistons favor with 5 min. to go

Oh my god, I know. I was screaming at the TV & my neighbors came to see if I was alright. I was sooo pissed!

Koopa
05-19-2006, 10:38 PM
lol. as one who has rooted for duncan ever since his 3rd year at wake forest, i must say it is also hard to root against avery johnson. dude is a pimp.

screw that gumbo eater (ppl don't get pissed, nothing racist about that statment, i say it cause when he played for the spurs, in his local ibm bank commercials at the end he'd talk about all kinds of gumbo he used to eat growing up) he's an enemy now and i hope he fails at everything he does

this game is getting out of hand, i guess david stern will have to settle for just no spurs in the finals. like suit said this is becoming pro wrestling. i guess david stern and vince mchman are close friends

tony hipchest
05-19-2006, 10:47 PM
screw that gumbo eater (ppl don't get pissed, nothing racist about that statment, i say it cause when he played for the spurs, in his local ibm bank commercials at the end he'd talk about all kinds of gumbo he used to eat growing up) he's an enemy now and i hope he fails at everything he does

this game is getting out of hand, i guess david stern will have to settle for just no spurs in the finals. like suit said this is becoming pro wrestling. i guess david stern and vince mchman are close friends "becoming"????? the fouls in nba have seemed contrived for years. i have come to accept it as part of the game. the nba has to be harder than any other sport to officiate. imo if fouls were called correctly the kings and portland might have a ring and the shaq/kobe lakers would be lucky to have one.

Hines86Ward
05-19-2006, 10:48 PM
If fouls were called correctly, then you'd have never seen Detroit in the NBA Finals these past few years....

Suitanim
05-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Well, the Cavs lost this series in the 4th quarter of game 6...but Helluva an effort.

Next year, with the addition of one more quality player, I think they win the championship.