PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday news and notes

mesaSteeler
02-03-2011, 07:28 AM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard on Tuesday nights throughout the season from 7 to 9 p.m. on WBGG 970-AM.
Wednesday, February 02, 2011
Wednesday news and notes

After filing my fifth story of the day, I headed out to see if I could sample the Fort Worth night life.

It wasn't until I was sitting, sipping on my first beer that I realized I had forgotten to blog today.

Sorry guys and gals.

This was a tough day here in North Texas. We had rolling blackouts this morning. A camera man for KDKA-TV got stuck in the elevator at our hotel for a half hour, while Bob Pompieani got caught in the shower when the electric went off.

The Steelers had a media session over at TCU at the school's basketball arena.

I was a little surprised how small the arena was.

I talked to Bryant McFadden at length today. He said he's feeling much better and that the muscle tear he has in his abdomen - he said it's not a sports hernia - is feeling better and he expects to start against the Packers.

McFadden tore the ab making a leaping, one-handed interception against the Browns. It was originally diagnosed as a hip pointer, but the team realized that he had a pulled muscle in his ab.

McFadden said it was very painful and it wasn't something he could take a shot for.

Maurkice Pouncey was walking around without a boot on today, which was a surprise. I still doubt he plays Sunday, though.

Heard some of the worst Karoke singing I've heard in a long time tonight at the Fox and Hound here in Fort Worth.

Can people who really can't sing be that tone deaf?