PDA

View Full Version : Sam Shields just said "I'm faster" (than Wallace)

DFWSTEELERFAN
02-03-2011, 09:15 AM
I know the dude is fast and he will be covering 17.. Guess we will see Sunday. I hope they let him shadow Mike without help.

He said I'm faster when Derrick Brooks interviewed him. I hope this fires up Mike..:tt02:

He ran a 4.25, so maybe he is?!?

El Nino
02-03-2011, 09:41 AM
I know the dude is fast and he will be covering 17.. Guess we will see Sunday. I hope they let him shadow Mike without help.

He said I'm faster when Derrick Brooks interviewed him. I hope this fires up Mike..:tt02:

He ran a 4.25, so maybe he is?!?

:iagree:

Curtain_of_Steel
02-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Thats fine running a 4.25, but he starts facing the wrong direction, than he gets blocked, than he is left picking up MW's jock.

Wallace is going deep this game, bank on it! He had Bevis 2 weeks ago and Ben under threw him in zero degree weather by 10 yards, not this week.

colescott1
02-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Wallace had Bevis 2 weeks ago and Ben under threw him in zero degree weather by 10 yards, not this week.

Playing in the dome only helps the Packers......listen to all the experts and fans on their forums. :blah::noidea:

I'm SOO tired of hearing about Rodgers and their elite WR corp. Seems to me we have just the same, PLUS a pretty kick azz running game. but what do I know?:tt04:

stand undefeated
02-03-2011, 11:08 AM
A Wallace bomb TD is exactly what I need on Sunday in the 1st quater.

FanSince72
02-03-2011, 11:38 AM
I don't think 17 is about speed anymore as much as he's about quickness and smarts.

I've said that 17 is Santonio with better hands and that's where his value is beginning to show. Flat-out speed is fine but that's relatively easy to defend if that's all there is. 17 had the "One Trick Pony" tag when he first came on board but that's ancient history now.

Because of Ben's style, the need for flat-out speed is quickly replaced by quickness and the smarts to work with Ben; knowing when to cut the right way, when to take off, when to stop, when to come back and he's learned quite a few more "Tricks" since he first set foot on the field.

For a pure pocket passer, speed and the ability to beat coverage is critical. But for playing in Ben's offense, learning how to improvise and turn speed into quickness and agility is far more important.

The bonus of course is that if Shields or anyone else covering him takes just one little misstep, then 17 is just a pair of taillights and six points usually follows.

So if I were coaching Shields, I'd tell him that instead of bragging about how fast you are, you might be better off paying attention to WHERE Wallace is going instead of how fast he can get there.

LegendSteel
02-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Aww, how cute. He can think whatever he wants.

Steelerfreak58
02-03-2011, 12:06 PM
At those speeds they run can you really tell a difference?

thumper
02-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Thats fine running a 4.25, but he starts facing the wrong direction, than he gets blocked, than he is left picking up MW's jock.

Wallace is going deep this game, bank on it! He had Bevis 2 weeks ago and Ben under threw him in zero degree weather by 10 yards, not this week.

It annoyed me that the announcers didn't accurately comment
on how bad that ball was under thrown. It's the only reason Revis
had a prayer on that play. Had it been thrown on target, Wallace
was in position to toast him. Simms acted like Revis made some
great play - bull shit.

thumper
02-03-2011, 12:09 PM

The threat of a deep pass is all we need. A running game would
have larger impact on this game, if they can get that going. They
get a running game going, and the Pack is sunk.

kirklandrules
02-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Aww, how cute. He can think whatever he wants.

No kidding. It's kind of like listening to a little kid brag about how they are faster because his parents bought him new sneakers.

LVSteelersfan
02-03-2011, 12:55 PM
He won't be singing the same tune when Wallace blows right by him. I guarantee if he does not play 10 yards off Wallace, he is toast. That opens it up for Wallace on some kind of comeback route. He will be wide open if Shields plays 10 yards off.

SteeleReign
02-03-2011, 01:04 PM
I don't care how fast they are or how many Pro Bowl DBs they have - if they don't get heat on Ben & contain him, he will find somebody. He!!, I don't care if ARE has a career game on Sunday as long as we win. We have more than enough weapons to torch their secondary - the key is TIME.

El Nino
02-03-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't care how fast they are or how many Pro Bowl DBs they have - if they don't get heat on Ben & contain him, he will find somebody. He!!, I don't care if ARE has a career game on Sunday as long as we win. We have more than enough weapons to torch their secondary - the key is TIME.

the bears slower than shit wr's torched green bay's secondary with a 3rd string qb playing. big ben could do a lot better, and will

43Hitman
02-03-2011, 01:37 PM
the bears slower than shit wr's torched green bay's secondary with a 3rd string qb playing. big ben could do a lot better, and will
On a slow muddy track mind you. These guys really seem to be underestimating the speed our team has. Just like the Jets did.

Third Rail
02-03-2011, 02:07 PM
I just have one question.

Who the f*** is Sam Shields, anyway? Granted, I don't follow the Packers, but I had never heard of this dude until he caught a Jay Cutler pass (like THAT'S hard to do for a defensive back) two weeks ago. Whoop dee shit. If anything, that pick probably made Ben and Wallace more aware of him and he'll get the same number of interceptions as Ed Reed has had against Ben: 0.

California-Steel
02-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Even if he is faster doesn't mean he will always be on Wallace. Catch them in zone and then put Wallace in motion away from his side an you got a miss match. So what does it matter?

steelers33
02-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Maybe faster than Mike on the track, but no one is faster than Mike on the game field.

pete74
02-03-2011, 02:40 PM
you guys are buying way to much into this straight speed shit. if straight line speed was all that mattered then every olympic runner would be in the nfl.
do you really think Revis is the fastest corner in the nfl? hes not yet he is the best.
jerry rice ran something like a 4.6-4.7 yet he was the best wr to ever play the game
speed is part of it and thats it.

SteeleReign
02-03-2011, 03:09 PM
you guys are buying way to much into this straight speed shit. if straight line speed was all that mattered then every olympic runner would be in the nfl.
do you really think Revis is the fastest corner in the nfl? hes not yet he is the best.
jerry rice ran something like a 4.6-4.7 yet he was the best wr to ever play the game
speed is part of it and thats it.

yup....this...

dcbng
02-03-2011, 03:43 PM
It is not a matter of speed, it is about quickness, especially off of the line.

If Wallace is quicker than shields, and can force Shields into turning his hips the wrong way and the wrong time, you can put the 6 points on the board.

If shields gets burned once and starts to play off the line then Wallace can brutalize him with slants.

Speed may kill, but quickness can burn thru your soul

mcg24
02-03-2011, 03:52 PM

We did it the very first play last year.

It was one hell of a play.

As soon as Wallace broke off the line, you could here some "oos" in the crowd as you could see Wallace was just running full speed, and when he ran right past his defender the crowd almost exploded before Ben had even thrown the ball, we all knew it was a touchdown if Ben saw him.

Point is, it doesn't matter who covers Wallace, he will go deep in this game, and as long as he's not under thrown, he WILL score.

BengalDestroyer
02-03-2011, 04:08 PM
GGGOOOOOOOOOOO Mike Wallace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LVSteelersfan
02-03-2011, 08:27 PM
My money is on Emmanuel Sanders in this game. They will have their best players on Hines and Wallace which will open it up for long bombs to Sanders. If he can keep his head in the game and catch a couple long ones, the Packers D will be in disarray. And throw Heath and Mendnhall in there, that is 5 players who can burn the Packers defense. As long as they can keep Matthews out of there, I think it will be a long day for those d-backs of the Packers.

GBpack2010
02-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Sheilds is a great player. I think he can do a fine job shutting the Steelers passing game down. It will be a tough challenge.