PDA

View Full Version : TMZ releases video of Ben drinking at TX bar

quiggle
02-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Just days before Pittsburgh meets the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV, the Steelers' quarterback was caught boozing it up and belting out karaoke tunes at a bar in Fort Worth, Texas.

TMZ released footage of an off-key Roethlisberger singing along to Billy Joel's "Piano Man," one of the many songs that played in the background during his late-night bender.

Witnesses who were at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar on Tuesday night said Roethlisberger arrived with a pair of "massive" Steelers teammates and ran up an $800 tab - and left a $200 tip for the staff.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2011/02/03/2011-02-03_steelers_quarterback_ben_roethlisberger_seen_dr inking_singing_karoake_during_sup.html#ixzz1CvGTN6 B6

bigchuck
02-03-2011, 12:43 PM
and whats the story??? hes not allowed to go to a piano bar now??? or ever drink alcohol?

chitownpit
02-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Poor Ben
Evertime this poor guy goes out and has a couple ****tails everybody in
this fricken country is going to be wondering if he raped somebody .
He should be able to sue her for all this crap he has had to go through for
crying out loud . I hope been tore it up and had a little fun . Its superbowl week
Doesnt everbody have something better to do then watching somebody else
having a great time , then trying to get them in trouble for it ?:drink:

MACH1
02-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Move along nothing to see here.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Lol at the poll questions. I guess he's never allowed to go anywhere and hang out for the rest of his life. It's worth noting his huge tip since that was such a big (albeit stupid) deal before.

FanSince72
02-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Oh my God No!

Ben was singing Karaoke? And off-key no less?

Oh the Humanity!!!

zulater
02-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Micheal Wilbon just dressed down Ryen Russillo like an errant 3rd grader on ESPN radio for trying to make a big deal over this nothing story. I'll post it later when it's available, funny as hell. :chuckle:

pete74
02-03-2011, 01:04 PM
he took his lineman out for dinner then had a few drinks. i dont see why this is a story

MDSteel15
Micheal Wilbon just dressed down Ryen Russillo like an errant 3rd grader on ESPN radio for trying to make a big deal over this nothing story. I'll post it later when it's available, funny as hell. :chuckle:

Please do because I'm at work and don't get to see the good stuff during the day.... :mad:

FanSince72
Why not go after a REAL story?

Why not try to to find out why the Daily News is allowed to call itself a NEWSpaper?

As far as I'm concerned, the Daily News is just toilet paper with writing on it.

quiggle
02-03-2011, 01:07 PM
other media outlets are reporting this as well:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pittsburgh-Steelers-QB-Ben-Roethlisberger-parties-into-wee-hours-in-Dallas-020311

zulater
02-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Both Ben and Tomlin were asked about this today on NFL Network...

Tomlin "they are grown men, not doing anything different than they do every week"

Ben "Its superstition that I take the o-line out for dinner every tuesday...afterwards we wanted to hear some live music and went to a piano bar"

FanSince72
02-03-2011, 01:16 PM
other media outlets are reporting this as well:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pittsburgh-Steelers-QB-Ben-Roethlisberger-parties-into-wee-hours-in-Dallas-020311

ROFLMAO!

So we have FoxSports printing the article and the obvious implication is that Ben has loose morals (or at least that's what they want you to believe), yet the article is right next to a set of links inviting everyone to view the "Packer Babes" and "Steeler Girls".

Way to go FoxSports!

(BTW, 'Packer Babe' Narissa is sweet!)

tony hipchest
02-03-2011, 01:18 PM
i agree about narissa.

this just in- goodell has just tacked on the final 2 games of bens suspension starting with the superbowl and ending with the first game of next season. :rolleyes:

jjpro11
02-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Report: Roethlisberger to be Suspended for Super Bowl XLV

Network News
X Profile
View More Activity
TOOLBOX
Resize
Print
Reprints

COMMENT
0 Comments
Your browser's settings may be preventing you from commenting on and viewing comments about this item. See instructions for fixing the problem.
Discussion Policy
CLOSE
Comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be removed from the site. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed. Finally, we will take steps to block users who violate any of our posting standards, terms of use or privacy policies or any other policies governing this site. Please review the full rules governing commentaries and discussions. You are fully responsible for the content that you post.
The Associated Press
Thursday, February 3, 2011; 12:12 PM

DALLAS -- Commissioner Roger Goodell will be suspending Ben Roethlisberger for Super Bowl XLV for embarrassing the league with his terrible karaoke performance at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar late Tuesday night. Roethlisberger was caught on video singing karaoke to Billy Joel's classic, "Piano Man." "I am disgusted," quoting a statement issued by Commissioner Goodell, "I thought he was passed this."

Goodell is reportedly a huge Billy Joel fan and was appalled after hearing Roethlisberger's rendition of the classic song. More info later. Stay tuned.

SteelCityMom
02-03-2011, 01:21 PM
OMG....say it isn't so! Ben buys drinks for patrons, teammates and himself at piano bar WHILE singing Piano Man?!?!?!

****ing Rage Kage!!

80DtQD5BQ_A

FanSince72
02-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Report: Roethlisberger to be Suspended for Super Bowl XLV

Network News
X Profile
View More Activity
TOOLBOX
Resize
Print
Reprints

COMMENT
0 Comments
Your browser's settings may be preventing you from commenting on and viewing comments about this item. See instructions for fixing the problem.
Discussion Policy
CLOSE
Comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be removed from the site. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed. Finally, we will take steps to block users who violate any of our posting standards, terms of use or privacy policies or any other policies governing this site. Please review the full rules governing commentaries and discussions. You are fully responsible for the content that you post.
The Associated Press
Thursday, February 3, 2011; 12:12 PM

DALLAS -- Commissioner Roger Goodell will be suspending Ben Roethlisberger for Super Bowl XLV for embarrassing the league with his terrible karaoke performance at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar late Tuesday night. Roethlisberger was caught on video singing karaoke to Billy Joel's classic, "Piano Man." "I am disgusted," quoting a statement issued by Commissioner Goodell, "I thought he was passed this."

Goodell is reportedly a huge Billy Joel fan and was appalled after hearing Roethlisberger's rendition of the classic song. More info later. Stay tuned.

LOL!

I guess there'll be mandatory singing lessons tacked on as well.

Sixburgher
02-03-2011, 01:23 PM
So we have FoxSports printing the article and the obvious implication is that Ben has loose morals (or at least that's what they want you to believe)

Yes, I'm eagerly awaiting with breathless anticipation the inevitable "story" contrasting the out of control Steelers and the angelic Packers Boy Scout Troop who have sequestered themselves in a local church until the game, that is when they're not out looking for puddles in the street they can toss their jackets over for old ladies so their feet won't get wet.

4xSBChamps
02-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Oh my God No!

Ben was singing Karaoke? And off-key no less?

Oh the Humanity!!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/DeanWormerFaberCollegeAnimalHouse.jpg

"... we'll put him on DOUBLE-secret probation!!!"

FanSince72
02-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Yes, I'm eagerly awaiting with breathless anticipation the inevitable "story" contrasting the out of control Steelers and the angelic Packers Boy Scout Troop who have sequestered themselves in a local church until the game.

ROFLMAO!

Oh man did you NAIL it with that one!

I wonder...do you think they'll baptize Rodgers before the game or at halftime?

I love this thread! I haven't laughed this hard in a while!

Way to go BEN!

FanSince72
02-03-2011, 01:33 PM
One thing TMZ and FoxSports missed...

Ben said that it's superstition to take the O-line out to dinner on Tuesday.

Would that be the O-line consisting of 5 or 7 of the players that hate his guts and had nothing good to say about him? Or does Ben just round up some offensive linemen from some local team?

Did he sign any of their jerseys while at the club?

See, THESE are the questions that need to be asked!

Sixburgher
02-03-2011, 01:36 PM

Would that be the O-line consisting of 5 or 7 of the players that hate his guts and had nothing good to say about him? Or does Ben just round up some offensive linemen from some local team?

No, actually he picked up the dinner check for several Packers players, right after he reiterated to them face to face that he guaranteed a Steelers victory. It was his Broadway Joe moment for the week.

FanSince72
02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
No, actually he picked up the dinner check for several Packers players, right after he reiterated to them face to face that he guaranteed a Steelers victory. It was his Broadway Joe moment for the week.

Good thing Suzy Kolber wasn't there.

43Hitman
02-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Good thing Suzy Kolber wasn't there.
Then we would have a Midgetville scandal...

TRH
02-03-2011, 02:01 PM
this isn't news. Ben's allowed to go out with a couple teammates for a drink and some music after dinner. He wasn't "boozing it up" as stated.

Third Rail
02-03-2011, 02:03 PM

:sofunny:

I heard the bartender said he "didn't feel any connection" with Ben's rendition of Piano Man.

SacknificentStew56
02-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Sal Paolantonio's facial expression looked as if Ben was in Oakcliff trying to score a sack of that sticky icky!! Get here quick, fast, and in a hurry Super Bowl Sunday.

fat4jc
02-03-2011, 02:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NYvNoKAvYQ&feature=related

http://i53.tinypic.com/2rfg41c.jpg

Devil's D
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
“On Wednesday, Roethlisberger acknowledged going out and said he takes his linemen out every Tuesday night when they go to the Super Bowl”

That is awesome! Drink like a Champion guys.....just a few more days!

Curtain_of_Steel
02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Good thing Rex Ryans wife wasn't there, she seems to be making her rounds in the media outlets, lol

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-03-2011, 02:56 PM
*yawn*

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2011, 03:04 PM
It's a non-story and Roethlisberger apparently cleared this outing with Tomlin

That having been said, not drinking in public this week might not have been an unbearable sacrifice for #7 if he does not want to give the tabloid media an opening to trash him

Great quote from Tomlin

"I'm not concerned one iota," Tomlin said. "It's normal for guys to eat dinner, believe it or not. During the course of the season, guys go out on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Believe it or not, guys live lives."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6087092

Sixburgher
02-03-2011, 03:11 PM
That having been said, not drinking in public this week might not have been an unbearable sacrifice for #7 if he does not want to give the tabloid media an opening to trash him

They were more than likely going to do so regardless, so he might as well go out and have fun. It's been fairly apparent that no matter what he did this week, it would somehow be "wrong" and wind up as tabloid media fodder anyway, since he's such an undeserving scoundrel of the honor of playing in the Super Bowl.

LukesDad88
02-03-2011, 03:13 PM
When Pittsbugh wins, the media is going to paint it as being because the Steelers were loose and relaxed. Should (by some miracle) Pittsburgh beat itself and allow Green Bay to win, the media will be blaming the carousing ways of those frat boy Steelers.

acidburn517
02-03-2011, 03:18 PM
I love the fact that they've been to the superbowl so often that they actually have a superbowl tradition/routine.

Buddha Bus
02-03-2011, 03:22 PM
http://www.discoverfun.com/freeinfo/cartoons/backgrounds/05moralityDT800.jpg

I mean seriously, get a f*cking life! He's an ADULT! No story. :coffee:

SeinfeldNut
02-03-2011, 03:36 PM
I can't stand TMZ, just another waste of space that has no credibility.

FanSince72
02-03-2011, 03:37 PM
It's a non-story and Roethlisberger apparently cleared this outing with Tomlin

Great quote from Tomlin

"I'm not concerned one iota," Tomlin said. "It's normal for guys to eat dinner, believe it or not. During the course of the season, guys go out on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Believe it or not, guys live lives."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6087092

Reason #437 why I love Mike Tomlin!

stb_steeler
02-03-2011, 04:16 PM
:sofunny:

I heard the bartender said he "didn't feel any connection" with Ben's rendition of Piano Man.

I heard Billy Joel is sueing Ben for unlawful, or should we say aweful display of torturing a hit song.....:rofl:

JCPsteelers
02-03-2011, 05:02 PM
This is much ado about nothing. Go back to reporting on Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan 24/7 TMZ.

tube517
02-03-2011, 05:05 PM
:yawn:

acidburn517
02-03-2011, 05:20 PM
And of course there has to be the inevitable article about how in contrast to Ben, Aaron Rodgers is a good little boy who stays in his hotel to study and watch film...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/36999/page/espntexas/xlv-rodgers-hasnt-been-out-carousing

The paparazzi is going to have a tough time tracking down Roethlisberger's counterpart, Aaron Rodgers, this week in the Dallas-Forth Worth area. The Green Bay Packers quarterback, profiled this week by ESPN.com's Elizabeth Merrill, is a "homebody" who prefers not to be noticed when he leaves home or the team hotel.

Speaking Thursday at the Packers' final media availability of the week, Rodgers said: "I haven't been out carousing. I am a homebody so I've been spending a lot of time in my hotel room watching film. I think it is important at the same time that you are sticking with your normal routine. I like to go out to dinner when I'm back home in Green Bay so I've gone out to dinner, to a couple of really nice spots, and then come home, relax and watch film."

The media forgot to report that in his spare time, Aaron Rodgers is also trying to resolve the conflict in egypt, end the Iraq war and is finding the cure for cancer. :shake02:

Steelers17
02-03-2011, 05:21 PM
and whats the story??? hes not allowed to go to a piano bar now??? or ever drink alcohol?

He is getting an early start on Benapalozza 2011 and additionally, he has never had even a scintilla of alcohol related problems historically.

:tt03:

mesaSteeler
02-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger said night out on town was 'tradition'
06:24 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/steelers-ben-roethlisberger-said-night-out-in-dallas-was-tradition/1
By Gary Graves, USA TODAY
14 Comments

FORT WORTH -- For Ben Roethlisberger, even a simple dinner draws scrutiny.

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback defended his visit Tuesday night to a barbecue restaurant with several offensive linemen as nothing more than the continuation of a tradition started during trips to SBs XL and XLIII -- both victorious.

"It was superstition and tradition," Roethlisberger said during a media session at Texas Chiristian University. "Tuesday night I take my linemen out to dinner and we went to a great barbeque spot. We went there and wanted to listen to some live music, so we went to a piano bar. We just had an enjoyable night."

The night out drew notice when TMZ published a video clip of Roethlisberger and others at a local piano bar.

Roethlisberger said that they made similar trips during the regular season, but at Super Bowl, he allows the linemen to choose the venue. In any event, the instances have raised questions about the Steelers' focus as they seek a record seventh Lombardi Trophy.

But from Pittsburgh's standpoint the question is: Who said that championship preparation has to include seclusion?

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he wasn't concerned "one iota."

"It's normal for guys to eat dinner, believe it or not, every now and then during the course of the week leading up to a game," he said. "So, this week is no different than any other.

"I understand that some things may be reported and viewed differently, but that's not our concern, really. During the course of the season on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, or what have you, believe it or not, guys live lives."

And in a week in which sub-freezing weather in the Dallas-Fort Worth area including ice and snow has curtailed numerous Super Bowl week activities, Steelers cornerback Bryant McFadden said players had to get out or risk going stir-crazy once preparations consumed the rest of their week.

"I think you need to enjoy yourself. I don't think you should be cooped out in the hotel for 24 hours," said McFadden, contrasting this to the limited training camp options in Latrobe, Pa.

"We treat this as a regular week, and after practice in Pittsburgh I don't think you would go and sit in the house every hour until it's time to go back to work the next morning. Of course, you want to go out and enjoy something and go to the mall or whatever the case may be, and some guys may have families here."

Though Pittsburgh's Super Bowl base is about 45 minutes west of Dallas, McFadden said players have done OK with down-time options here, many of which have included barbecue and Tex-Mex restaurants.

Though unsure what the rest of the week will involve, his hope is that the weather improves enough for them to get out and soak up the atmosphere.

"At the end of the day, it's life," he said. "We do our job and then we go to the hotel, chill out and enjoy yourself."

aclark99
02-03-2011, 07:44 PM
I think this is rediculous!!!! According to Ben, this has been a tradition that he has started clear back at his 1st Super Bowl appearance. I don't see the story line. The thig that does bother me is how relaxed the team is. You have Hines going to a strip club and now the bar issue with Ben. Too Much Controversy that is not needed. I hope they are focused and ready to go on Sunday. I guess only time will tell!!!!

LVSteelersfan
02-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Chill out Francis. There is no story and this has nothing to do with not being focused for the game. If they are out screwing around now and tomorrow night, then I think it is a problem but this nothing story of some people going out and eating dinner and hitting a PIANO BAR (not a strip club or night club) is being blown way out of proportion. A PIANO BAR????? Oh My God. We are doomed. Ben is going to get suspended for the whole season next year because some woman who is in the building next door will accuse him of sexual assault. There is no controversy here. It is just the press making a mountain out of a mole hill yet again.

I think this is rediculous!!!! According to Ben, this has been a tradition that he has started clear back at his 1st Super Bowl appearance. I don't see the story line. The thig that does bother me is how relaxed the team is. You have Hines going to a strip club and now the bar issue with Ben. Too Much Controversy that is not needed. I hope they are focused and ready to go on Sunday. I guess only time will tell!!!!

SteelersBry79
02-03-2011, 09:06 PM
And of course there has to be the inevitable article about how in contrast to Ben, Aaron Rodgers is a good little boy who stays in his hotel to study and watch film...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/36999/page/espntexas/xlv-rodgers-hasnt-been-out-carousing

The media forgot to report that in his spare time, Aaron Rodgers is also trying to resolve the conflict in egypt, end the Iraq war and is finding the cure for cancer. :shake02:

This reminds me of SB IX, when the Vikings were not allowed to go out and enjoy themselves in New Orleans prior to the game, and the Steelers were and they got it out of their system early, and we all know the results.

4xSBChamps
02-03-2011, 09:09 PM
This reminds me of SB IX, when the Vikings were not allowed to go out and enjoy themselves in New Orleans prior to the game, and the Steelers were and they got it out of their system early, and we all know the results.

have been thinking the same... as I recall, didn't Noll encourage his players to take their cameras to media day, and shoot pictures of the press & each-other, to lighten the mood?

SteelersBry79
02-03-2011, 09:19 PM
have been thinking the same... as I recall, didn't Noll encourage his players to take their cameras to media day, and shoot pictures of the press & each-other, to lighten the mood?

I haven't heard that, but seems very likely from Noll. He knew how to get his players relaxed and not be so uptight before the game.

jjpro11
02-03-2011, 09:21 PM
some of the 70's Steelers did lines of coke before their Super Bowl in Miami.. watch "Cocaine Cowboys."

NCBlackWolf
02-03-2011, 11:19 PM

God, he did. I was listening driving to work. Wilbon actually surprised me with his answer.

madtowndrunkard
02-03-2011, 11:47 PM
I think this is a good sign.

I think our players learned from that past two SB's that if you get too jacked up for the game and you play tight and scared to make a mistake..... you will struggle. That first game against Seattle was a prime example. I thought both teams played like a deer in the head lights. It took some trick plays to loosen up our offense and win that game.

I thought we played much looser against Arizona after the 1st quarter. Arizona loosened up in the 2nd half and made it a game. Ben found his mojo and Holmes took his game to the next level to steal a victory. But I think we were capable of dominating that game if we played a little more loose earlier on.

We were definitely capable of playing WAYYY better against Seattle ..... and to a lesser extent Arizona.

If we play with the intensity and speed that we play the Ravens we will be just fine. We clearly are making an effort to relax and just play it like its another playoff game. I did get the feeling that the Packers were a bit tense during that media day. I hope that holds true come game day. With the total lack of respect we've been given I'm sure we'll be plenty motivated. After being told for two weeks that we are going to lose, I'm guessing our players know they have to bring their best game.

Sixburgher
02-04-2011, 12:00 AM
He is getting an early start on Benapalozza 2011 and additionally, he has never had even a scintilla of alcohol related problems historically.

:tt03:

Yeah, I mean, Karaoke at a piano bar. What a hellraiser! Hide the women and children, quick! :rolleyes:

BGSU A Dub
02-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I mean, Karaoke at a piano bar. What a hellraiser! Hide the women and children, quick! :rolleyes:

I think Antoine Dodson would have something to say about this.

Shoot, if I woulda saw Ben there, I woulda sent him Rolling Rock on my tab! :drink:

MikeHaullace
02-04-2011, 01:22 AM
I get it.

The guy singing raped the song.

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Shoot, if I woulda saw Ben there, I woulda sent him Rolling Rock on my tab! :drink:

Whaddya hate Big Ben or something? :yuck: :chuckle:

Fire Haley
02-04-2011, 09:51 AM
this just in- goodell has just tacked on the final 2 games of bens suspension starting with the superbowl

Beat me to it.

A TMZ video exclusive shows that it might have been Ben that dropped a gum wrapper on the floor too - rumors that Ben may be traded before the SB are starting to surface - stay tuned...

Kanata-Steeler
02-04-2011, 10:11 AM
“On Wednesday, Roethlisberger acknowledged going out and said he takes his linemen out every Tuesday night when they go to the Super Bowl”

That is awesome! Drink like a Champion guys.....just a few more days!
Cool, why not, Terry used to buy his Linemen Rolex watches.
:tt02:

4xSBChamps
02-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Cool, why not, Terry used to buy his Linemen Rolex watches.
:tt02:

"... but did he sign a jersey for Thomas Henderson???

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/ChrisBerman.jpg

... THAT is the true question here..."

SteelerWay8
02-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Well at least they left a good tip for the bartender haha

Karmaloop_Rep
02-04-2011, 10:46 AM
poor dude

SteelWolf62
02-04-2011, 10:50 AM
I read where Ben taking out the linemen has become a tradition and Coach T told his men to treat this like a normal work week. TMZ is doing what they can for stories since Lindsay Lohan news is old.

vasteeler
02-04-2011, 10:52 AM
what the hell ben?????:rolleyes:

Karmaloop_Rep
02-04-2011, 12:15 PM
who watches tmz anyway? i don't.

SteelWolf62
02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
who watches tmz anyway? i don't.

Thank You!!!

TRH
02-04-2011, 01:06 PM

haha..lol
If you can't even go to a piano bar, thats right, a PIANO bar to have a drink, listen to some music and have some karaoke fun with your teammates, then you can't do anything. This wasn't a college bar, biker bar or strip bar. C'mon people. Love how the pathetic TMZ crew tried to stir up as much s*** as possible claiming an "after curfew" arrival when its proven, clearly, that it wasn't the case.