PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Guns

hardwork
05-04-2005, 08:44 PM
My favorite long gun is my M1A. That's the civilian version of the M14. Great rifle, deadly accurate, fun to shoot, I even enjoy cleaning it.

My favorite side-arm is my 1911 .45. I have one that was worked on by a Special Forces armorer I know and it's totally reliable, and shoots like a dream.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2005, 09:06 PM
You were/are in the military work ?

hardwork
05-04-2005, 09:14 PM
rockcity

Was. Army, 75th Rangers, Long Range Patrol, Vietnam. Still enjoy shooting.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2005, 09:40 PM
cool deal ! I was just curious. And props go out to you for defending our country when called upon !

on the gun topic though. My wife is strongly against fire arms in the house w/ our 3 yr old. While i understand her concern, I dont share her firmness against though, as I feel there are indeed ways to keep firearms in the house w/ childeren.. but at this point, its not worth getting into heated battles about it w/ her. so we'll see, maybe in the future.

hardwork
05-04-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm not sure "cool" would be the operative word there, but thanks for the props.

Yeah, mothers with young children are often against having guns around. Highly understandable, and I wouldn't argue the point either. My wife hated guns, but when the house emptied of children she changed her mind, and actually learned to enjoy shooting.

A gun is a tool, and has to be treated with all the respect you would accord any potentially dangerous, but useful, tool.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2005, 11:19 PM
just cool, meaning that you gave of yourself to defend our country. :cool:

hardwork
05-05-2005, 01:50 AM
I gave of myself to defend the other Rangers on my team. F___ the country.

clevestinks
05-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Hardwork I do have alot of respect for our Military forces, present and former. My favorite gun is an old .410 Mossburg , with an accuchoke on the end. I have alot of guns `i`m an avid hunter. But I`d rather shoot my Hoyt, compound bow

hardwork
05-05-2005, 03:58 PM
I never got into hunting with a bow, but I'm sorry now that I didn't. I have some friends who bow hunt and I've seen them make some incredible shots. Actually one of them pitched for the Pirates organization and I think he came up to the show a couple of times. Raymond Arra.

clevestinks
05-05-2005, 08:04 PM
I think I remember the name. I reccomend bow hunting to everyone. Compound Bow hunting that is. Its not exactly primitive, but alot more challenge than gun hunting. Plus 3D tournaments are alot of fun. The only reason the .410 is my favorite gun is because its been handed down 3 generations, and it is as accurate as a rifle, out to about 100 yards. I really like my Ruger Redhawk stainless .44 also.

Steelersfan
05-05-2005, 11:08 PM
I really like my Remington .308. It's dead on at 200 yards. I still have some of those Black Talon's (got them before they were outlawed) that I use for hunting only. They pack a punch.
180 grain and shoot about 6 inches higher than a normal 180 at 50 yds.

Funnest gun I ever shot was the 60 cal machine gun when I was in the Marines. That was a lot of fun to play around with. Hated cleaning the thing though.

PsychoWard86
05-06-2005, 11:57 AM
i like to shoot my glock .40 but my favroite shotgun would have to be my 1100.

clevestinks
05-07-2005, 07:44 AM
Hardwork, funny thing. My wifes cousin is from NE Ohio, grew up a Browns fan. Has been stationed in Boston for seven years now, and turned into a huge Pats/RedSox fan. When the Steelers beat the Pats, regular season. I called him and left him a long message, " This is Curt Schilling,blah,blah,At least you won the World Series blah blah, but you just got your ass kicked today blah blah" I picked Schilling because he is such a Steelers fan , Well you know where the stories going, after the playoffs, he got his revenge but he was Big Ben on the my phone. Anyway last laugh goes to me, he just got transfered to Texas, Oh well, thought it was funny. We`ll see who is calling who later this year. :busted:

hardwork
05-07-2005, 10:34 AM
I hope he doesn't become a Cowboy fan.

hardwork
05-07-2005, 12:19 PM
A truly magnificent antique firearm.

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/c2132.htm