PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh schools have 2-hour delay on day after Super Bowl

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Pittsburgh keeps its priorities straight:thumbsup:

Pittsburgh Public Schools has announced it will have a two-hour delay on Monday, the morning after the Super Bowl.

District spokeswoman Ebony Pugh said the delay is "for the safety of our students."

She said, "As you know, with Super Bowl comes a lot of Super Bowl parties and such. We just feel it's best not to have our students out very early with people who have been up late."

She said she was referring to "people out on the road who may be out early after having a very late night and other things that come with celebration of the Super Bowl."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11034/1122738-66.stm

Meaning when people are driving home at 7 a.m. after partying all night we do not want them to run into kids normally waiting for the bus at that hour?:noidea::chuckle:

mcg24
02-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Very very cool, I live in Wisconsin. We are the drunk driving champ of the nation, and I haven't heard anything about a 2 hour delay...makes sense...

SeinfeldNut
02-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Very smart decision on the Pittsburgh Public Schools part, let everyone whos coming home late from a party get home before having all the kids & buses out in teh streets.

SteelCityMom
02-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Oh, they can say it's for kids safety all they want, but the real reason is because a lot of parents just let their kids stay home or go in late after the Steelers are in the SB anyway. They figure they can get better attendance if they just put up a 2 hour delay. Safety reasons sounds like a good enough cover story to me though. :chuckle: Especially since it convinced the school boards.

It's like how they ended up just canceling school on the first day of buck season (at least they do it up here in S. Butler School District), because so many kids were missing anyhow to go hunting.

dcbng
02-03-2011, 08:00 PM
It's like how they ended up just canceling school on the first day of buck season

I was never in school the first day of hunting season. Just something about that blind and a 30-30 that beat the hell out of math. And most of us were great in Biology dissection, we all could field dress a buck.