PDA

View Full Version : Expect Rodgers to start slinging it

ETL
02-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Just like in the Atlanta game, Rodgers is going to start quick by doing 3 step drops and passing it. There won't be enough time to get pressure on him in the first series of plays.

With that expectation, the Steelers secondary needs to play the WRs tight and get a bump / chip on backs and TEs going out for a pass.

Then the real chess match starts.

If Rodgers sees the Steelers playing close to the line; he may choose to pump fake and then go deep to Jennings or to anyone of those other WRs. - When this happens, we need to get to him, hit him hard and make him think twice about holding the ball any longer than he needs to.

Calling a well timed blitz may be the key to the beginning of this game. Otherwise, it will lead to an easy TD for the packers

Hayeksheroes
02-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Rodgers has never faced Polamalu. I hope Le Beau will be using him to throw a wrench into Rodger's pass game.

OX1947
02-03-2011, 05:38 PM
They will do what the Pats did and what the seahawks did in Super Bowl XL.

harrison'samonster
02-03-2011, 05:41 PM
this might be an instance in which lack of superbowl experience for Rodgers is a bigger advantage for the Steelers.

If Rodgers comes out and makes some mistakes in the first series, then the Packers will have to play to keep up, taking what our D gives them instead of working on some scripted plan.

You're definitely right about having get on their WRs and TEs, we need to add pressure to them as well as Rogers to get them off their game-plan. Hopefully we will be able to take advantage of their mistakes.

Wallace17
02-03-2011, 05:41 PM
We need to score first more important then anything.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
We need to score first more important then anything.

The Steelers are 8-2 this year when scoring first and 6-2 when they don't. So meh I don't know if it's that big of a deal.

TRH
02-03-2011, 08:16 PM
expect a lot of quick slants across the middle. I hope we're ready for that because we really got burned by this kind of play this year.
I'm guessing a 70/30 pass-to-run ratio at minimum...maybe as much as 80/20. It's highly unlikely it will be anything but a Brady/Manning-like pass, pass, pass. Almost everyone who's weighed in on how to beat us says this is how you do it and i don't expect the Packers to deviate, especially with a hot Rogers. I hope we find a way to shut it down.

BGSU A Dub
02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
I would love to see Big Casey drop back into coverage on one of those slants and gobble that ball up like a club sandwich.