PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter on NFL Live

clevestinks
05-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Just saw his interview, the guy is a beast even in May. He talked about Staley being healthy, and hungry to prove himself. Also he talked about the smack he and Chad Johnson exchange before games. He said that " Chad is always playing, and running his mouth to get you out of your game" but his smack " Isnt playing he has a temper that can turn on and off, and he wants everyone to know that if it needs to go the extra mile, then it will and the Refs wont be able to stop him" Scares me!
great interview, maily because you see the intensity even now, this guy has always got his motor running. Remember he was a 3rd round pick, and we had two 3rd rounders this year, with any luck maybe they can be the naxt Joey Porter type player.

BBC
05-04-2006, 03:34 PM
The best part about the interview was that he was willing to admit that he didn't play his best game in the Super Bowl. That was a great interview, I hope they play it again for those who missed it to see.

clevestinks
05-04-2006, 03:40 PM
The best part about the interview was that he was willing to admit that he didn't play his best game in the Super Bowl. That was a great interview, I hope they play it again for those who missed it to see.
I think tonite at 12:20 a.m. it is a repeat

HburgXL06
05-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Lucky bastards I wish I could see that. People who aren't Steelers fans hate him and think he just runs his mouth when instead he is the man that backs up everythin he says. I can't wait to see him in action. Watch out Palmer, we comin for ya!

BuFu

SteelerFanInCA
05-04-2006, 04:22 PM
I think tonite at 12:20 a.m. it is a repeat
Thanks for the insight. Setting TIVO now.

TheTruestBlackGoldFan
05-04-2006, 04:28 PM

He may come off as an arrogant C O C K Y bastard but he is actually very humble. He is one of of the leaders on the team, as for chad...he is a varsity high school QB in a twenty somthings body, arrogance and nothing to fall back on when the shit hits the fan. :blah:

You can say shit but not C O C K Y...odd...

clevestinks
05-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the insight. Setting TIVO now.
Well I guess it would be earlier for you in Cal. LOL

Haiku_Dirtt
05-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Beast is right...sporting Laker gear. Sweet.

I like the subtle slam on Chad Johnson with the 'playful cuddly' insinuation. He made clear that Cowher is Head Coach but LeBeau is one who he plays for.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Joey is one of my favorite Steelers. I'll never forget when he nailed our current punter Chris Gardocki in 2000 when Chris was with the Browns. Chris wasn't to happy and gave Joey the finger as well as the Steelers sideline. I'm sometimes to hard on Joey while watching games since I expect so much from him. But he stepped in the playoffs this year and was one of the key guys to the Steelers Super Bowl run. I hope we lock Joey up. I would like to see him retire a Steelers. Isn't his contract up after this year?

melroseplace
05-04-2006, 07:28 PM
haha oh I love Joey

Koopa
05-04-2006, 07:43 PM
He may come off as an arrogant C O C K Y bastard but he is actually very humble. He is one of of the leaders on the team, as for chad...he is a varsity high school QB in a twenty somthings body, arrogance and nothing to fall back on when the shit hits the fan. :blah:

You can say shit but not C O C K Y...odd...

lol, it blocks it cause it has c o c k in it not cause of what the word means

damn i hope we don't cut porter cause i want to buy his jersey, but i'm afraid if i do he'll be a cap casualty soon

nwksteeler
05-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Joey is the guy. He is our emotional leader and no1 smacktalker in the game and he is ready to fight if the want to get dirty

Midnightwriter07
05-07-2006, 05:54 PM
He came on very well during the secnd half of season which Cowher said ... he is just now 100 healthy and back to his old self ... so i would expect he will be a beast again all year.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Damn I missed this interview !! Joey Porter rocks, great to see that he's ready to go again !

clevestinks
05-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Damn I missed this interview !! Joey Porter rocks, great to see that he's ready to go again !
I think they will replay it Tues