PDA

View Full Version : projected steelers roster for 2006

tony hipchest
05-04-2006, 06:31 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_449154.html

pretty much shows that ol, dl, and to some extent lb's werent really needs going into this draft. barrett brooks and rodney bailey will have to fight to make the 53 man roster. safety smith is in but logan or iwouma is likely gone. mays most likely gone, possibly s. morey. humes will possibly have to battle with a veteran like duckett or stephen davis to land a spot. the ufa lb picked up has a great shot of making the team if he preforms in camp.

all players i list as "gone" could very likely land on the practice squad but probably wouldnt last too long.

keep in mind the steelers did the unthinkable and cut their veteran long snapper for a rookie in their sb season to save half a mil. it worked out fine.

clevestinks
05-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Looks good to me, lets get to Latrobe!

Black@Gold Forever32
05-04-2006, 07:58 PM
I think with the drafting of Holmes and Reid. That Morgan will be the odd man out. Ward, Wilson, Washington, Holmes and Reid all have spots. Thats five recievers right there. Morey won't be cut. Cowher loves his special team guys and Morey is one of them. So Morey would be the sixth reciever. I thought Morgan did fine as a kick returner and as a fourth reciever last year. I just don't see him making it.

I also don't see Chidi Iwouma being cut also. Another special teams guy.