PDA

View Full Version : Why I Hate the Steelers by some bitter Ravens fan

NCBlackWolf
02-04-2011, 12:15 AM
http://ravens24x7.blogspot.com/2011/02/why-i-hate-steelers.html

For what it is worth...

Personally, I love to see that we are still in their head.

By the way, glad to be on Steeler Fever. My second post. Lifelong Stiller fan from WV now in Raleigh area.

MattsMe
02-04-2011, 12:23 AM
:tt02:

Welcome to the board. And don't mind the Ravens fans. They're not too bright.

madtowndrunkard
02-04-2011, 12:30 AM
We are so in their head they can no longer muster a win. That last defeat of the Ravens was probably the most crushing. I have a big hunch the Ravens will totally collapse next season. That playoff loss would be devastating to any team. A young team would learn from it and move on. The Ravens are a veteran team that has to have motivation to do perform. They will not learn from that loss. They will only dwell on it. They will over react. By the start of the season they will be emotionally spent. With out that emotional drive those old guys will start to look slow and tired. They know before they even take the field that we own them.

As soon as a team like that smells failure they will implode. I'll be shocked if the Ravens win 8 games next year.

I think the Ravens will be the new Browns. I think the Browns will soon take their place as our main competition in the AFC North.

LVSteelersfan
02-04-2011, 12:31 AM
This is old news. Where did that date come from? He is talking about Joey Porter for criminees sake. How many years has he been gone from this team? What a joke.

NCBlackWolf
02-04-2011, 12:32 AM
:tt02:

Welcome to the board. And don't mind the Ravens fans. They're not too bright.

Thanks. Yeah, I still picture the Old Browns when I see the Ravens. Brings back bad memories of Kosar's big nose and Eric Metcalf running all over us on kick returns.
When I look at the new Browns I see a decent AAA high school team.

GBpack2010
02-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Didnt you guys beat the Ravens in the playoffs in 2008 as well? Man to be a Ravens fan and to lose to your biggest rival twice in the playoffs would sting like hell if I was a Ravens fan. I dont think I could ever get over it.

SteelerEmpire
02-04-2011, 12:46 AM
He can solve his problem with the Steelers simply by putting a loaded revolver in his mouth and pulling the trigger... it APPEARS he's already at that point...!

SteelersBry79
02-04-2011, 02:22 AM
I had to quote this part:

"1C. Lucky SOB’s: Has any call in any important game ever gone against the Steelers? It all started with Franco Harris’ Immaculate Reception back in 1972 and it hasn’t stopped since. For those of you old enough to remember, there was a TD pass from the Oilers Dan Pastorini to Mike Renfro that was ruled incomplete during the AFC Championship Game in 1979 that cost Houston a potential Super Bowl berth.

Then there was Jackie Smith’s dropped pass during Super Bowl XIII that cost the Cowboys the championship, thus handing it to the Steelers; they’ve played some of the weakest Super Bowl teams in history such as the LA Rams, Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals and nearly lost 2 of those games; they were gifted a Super Bowl XL win due to some incredibly inept officiating; this season they benefitted from a “do over” thanks to referee and Pittsburgh area native Gene Steratore in Miami and Stevie Johnson dropped a would be walk off TD that could have cost the Steelers the AFC North title this season."

Harris' Immaculate Reception may have been the luckiest play ever, but Harris was in the right place at the right time.

The Mike Renfro call was wrong in my opinion. Renfro DID catch the ball for TD, but was the refs blew the call. It wouldn't have made any difference though, for as John Banaszak said, "you'll never convince me that we would've lost that game."

Jackie Smith's dropped TD in SB XIII was not luck. It was stupidity on Smith's part. Had he known how to catch the ball properly, the Cowboys may have won, but thanks to his sudden brain fart, he cost the Cowboys a SB win.

As for SB XL, there were some bad calls on BOTH sides of the ball, but does anyone really think that the Seahawks would've beat the Steelers that day, not to mention Cowher and his gadget plays?

SB XLIII the Cards had the best chance to beat the Steelers, but Ben's 2 minute drive down the field was a masterwork in every regard. When Arizona got the ball back, the best defense in the league was waiting for them, and good luck getting a touchdown in under 40 seconds against them.

And finally as for Johnson's dropped TD, see Jackie Smith.

Sixburgher
02-04-2011, 02:36 AM
"Has any call in any important game ever gone against the Steelers?"

Polamalu's overturned interception in Indianapolis. No call on a blatant hold by the Jaguars in a wildcard game against Jacksonville. Joe Nedney's Oscar worthy flop in a divisional game against the Titans. And that's just for starters.

they’ve played some of the weakest Super Bowl teams in history

And where exactly do the 2000 New York Giants rank in that category? About the only thing I personally recall about that team is Jason Sehorn, and that's only because he got hitched to Angie Harmon. LOL

"Then there was Jackie Smith’s dropped pass during Super Bowl XIII that cost the Cowboys the championship, thus handing it to the Steelers"

LOL. Sure, Bradshaw's 300+ yards and 4 TD passes as he lit the Cowboys "Doomsday Defense" up all day had absolutely nothing to do with it.

"this season they benefitted from a 'do over' thanks to referee and Pittsburgh area native Gene Steratore in Miami and Stevie Johnson dropped a would be walk off TD that could have cost the Steelers the AFC North title this season."

Sure, just like the Ravens benefited from a "fumble" by Buffalo in overtime well after the Spiller's forward progress had been stopped while the refs collectively swallowed their whistles. Also never mind that the Bengals fell two yards short of another season sweep of the Ravens. They're just damned lucky Carson Palmer has declined to the extent that he has.

What a clown.

jjpro11
02-04-2011, 07:43 AM
i am not even going to read through all that garbage.. the fact is they hate us because we always beat them when it matters most.. always.

finesward
02-04-2011, 07:49 AM
I find the hate delicious. Maybe these two "bloggers" can go out on a nice date...you know, dinner and a movie?

http://www.whodeyfans.com/post/Remember-who-you-are-supposed-to-hate.aspx

TRH
02-04-2011, 08:35 AM
all i seen from the link is "blogspot" and i didn't even link to it and read it. I could care less what one moron says on the internet.

SteelWolf62
02-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Dont' know the dude (or dudette) but Steelers Rules fired back pretty good..

[QUOTE=STEELERS RULE said...

Let me tell you why I Hate Baltimore:

1. Top 5 in murders per capita
2. Top 5 in teen pregnancy
3. Top 5 in STDs
4. You love to play victims
5. Your team's uniforms are as ugly as the people that live there.
6. The face of your franchise is a murderer.
7. Your wide out is a killer in a car
8. Your quarterback is a wuss
9. Crabs are bottom feeders like Ravens fans
10. This blog sucks[/QUOTE]

tube517
02-04-2011, 12:50 PM
:yawn:

bobby jr
02-04-2011, 01:10 PM
http://www.ravens24x7.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65684

There's a more interesting thread on the Steelers going on in the Ravens 24/7 forum.

As someone in that thread posted, it is interesting that some Steeler fans, three days before their team is in the Super Bowl, are more interested in arguing with Ravens fans than they are about discussing the upcoming game. It seems that the bitterness or dislike goes both ways.

Or perhaps it is just more fun to argue with the fans of your arch rival, rather than with Green Bay fans.
I mean there's no bitter rivarly between Green Bay and Pittsburgh as there is between Baltimore and Pittburgh.

As an aside the Ravens recently signed to long term contracts two of the best kickers in the game, kickoff-FG kicker Billy Cundiff and punter Sam Koch will be pinning teams back for a long time to come. :)

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 01:13 PM
As an aside the Ravens recently signed to long term contracts two of the best kickers in the game, our punter and our FG kicker! Billy Cundiff and Sam Koch will be pinning teams back for a long time to come. :)

Ah shit! We're in for it now! We may as well just surrender now. :yield: :sofunny:

Have they addressed their QB situation yet?

tony hipchest
02-04-2011, 01:15 PM
As an aside the Ravens recently signed to long term contracts two of the best kickers in the game, our punter and our FG kicker! Billy Cundiff and Sam Koch will be pinning teams back for a long time to come. :)

:rofl:

you really came back here to brag about billy cun tdip?

:toofunny:

face it boobjob. you suck, we dont.

i cant believe you arent ashamed to show your humiliated self around here.

(everyone feel free to cyberkick this dingo in the ribs.)

fer522
02-04-2011, 01:15 PM
those fuc***s are steelers lovers :hug:
they know it :tt03:

Jackal
02-04-2011, 01:17 PM
There's so much wrong with that post, I'm not even going to begin to comment. Baltimore is, by far, the worst city in America, populated by the worst, most miserable people in America, and everything about that city, team, and their fans is a living, breathing joke. Do you think anyone on a Steelers blog would waste the time or effort to post a negative article about the Ravens if, for some reason, they found themselves in the Super Bowl? Of course not, but their fixation on everything Pittsburgh makes them our b!tches just like the Caps fans are our b!tches in hockey.

My signature says it all....

StainlessStill
02-04-2011, 01:24 PM
I don't know what could be worse for haters: Rooting FOR the Steelers or rooting AGAINST the Steelers! Steelers haters are needed, they simply are. They ignite the fuel to OUR fire, not the other way around. Having full, blown out BLOGS dedicated to us is actually a victory. The Steelers are doing their job. Watching fans suffer at the hands of having to watch us be so damn successful has to be like fan-suicide!

Closet
Steelers
Fans.

They obsess over us. Awesome.

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I don't know what could be worse for haters: Rooting FOR the Steelers or rooting AGAINST the Steelers! Steelers haters are needed, they simply are. They ignite the fuel to OUR fire, not the other way around. Having full, blown out BLOGS dedicated to us is actually a victory. The Steelers are doing their job. Watching fans suffer at the hands of having to watch us be so damn successful has to be like fan-suicide!

Closet
Steelers
Fans.

They obsess over us. Awesome.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll298/delzik3/stewie-1.gif

plenewken
02-04-2011, 01:50 PM
As an aside the Ravens recently signed to long term contracts two of the best kickers in the game, kickoff-FG kicker Billy Cundiff and punter Sam Koch will be pinning teams back for a long time to come. :)

Oh sh*t! We're doomed, guys! LOL

What the f*ck do they need a punter under long term contract for? To me, it means that they know they'll have to punt more than the others, and for a long time. Nothing else.

Third Rail
02-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Glad to hear the Ravens signed Cundiff.

Hey, they need someone who can put a few points on the board...

bobby jr
02-04-2011, 02:22 PM
With our D we don't need too many points.

Next year: Baltimore Ravens in the Super Bowl.

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Next year: Baltimore Ravens in the Super Bowl.

HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and.... :deadhorse:

Honestly, you Ravens fans are a brain-dead bunch. You're just like your pile-jumping LB Ray Ray... always thumping your chests with little real results to show for it. You guys predict you're going to the Super Bowl every year and have only been right once. I guess if you keep doing that every year, sooner or later you morons will be right and then we'll have to hear how you "told us so" every day for the next 25 years until you get there again. Retards. :doh:

GBpack2010
02-04-2011, 02:39 PM
The worst fans outside of our division I had ever come upon are Cardinal fans. They all hate the Packers for whatever reason and all they did was taunt us and rip us to shreds after they beat us. Will never forgive them for that. Nothing against you guys but Obviously I hope we win so I can go there and talk crap but I am better then that and I dont think I will if we win.

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 02:42 PM
The worst fans outside of our division I had ever come upon are Cardinal fans. They all hate the Packers for whatever reason and all they did was taunt us and rip us to shreds after they beat us. Will never forgive them for that. Nothing against you guys but Obviously I hope we win so I can go there and talk crap but I am better then that and I dont think I will if we win.

You don't have to tell us about Cardinal fans. A bunch of whiny, cry-baby sore losers. I feel your pain. :chuckle: