PDA

View Full Version : So Green Bay are the favorites???

California-Steel
02-04-2011, 01:36 AM
You know who really is favored when all you can talk about is how to beat someone. If GB really was favored then why would you not talk about how to beat them? Does it really make any sense to worry about how to beat an underdog? It really is us (Steelers) against the world. No one wants them to win but everyone really expects them to win so they are all looking for a way to topple the KINGS of the league.

It is just mind boggling to hear everyone talk about how dominant GB is but in the same sentence talk about what they need to do to win. Like they are trying to convince themselves that GB is better and can win.

Shouldn't it be something like this. "If Pittsburgh is going to beat Green Bay they will have to run the ball and keep it away from Rodger's. They need to eat up the clock and not let that awesome Packers' machine have the ball. On D the Steelers need to keep Rodgers in the pocket and then get pressure up the middle. They will also need to disrupt the receiver’s routes and throw off the timing of the routes. If they can't do this they will most assuredly lose this game."

But nope, all you hear is what the Packers need to do to win. Shouldn't what they do already be good enough if they are the favorites. It is like telling Pacquiao to change his game to beat some lower class boxer. Really make no sense and tells you who really is favored.
HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO!!! :tt02:

SteelersBry79
02-04-2011, 01:43 AM
I think this line sums up what you said: The Packers are shitting their pants.

California-Steel
02-04-2011, 02:54 AM
I think this line sums up what you said: The Packers are shitting their pants.So is everyone else. :chuckle:

Jackal
02-04-2011, 11:54 AM
I think this line sums up what you said: The Packers are shitting their pants.

:thumbsup:

Yet big-game experience doesn't count for anything...

Curtain_of_Steel
02-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Steelers need to do what we do! Nothing more and nothing less.

MDSteel15
02-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I think we thrive on being the underdog...

grward
02-04-2011, 12:28 PM
I think we thrive on being the underdog...

Exactly. Little do they realize that they are just feeding the fire. All this talk about how good GB is and how they are favored will just make our guys PROVE they are better.

TRH
02-04-2011, 02:17 PM
i don't know if its as much us being "underdogs" as it is that other teams supporters (media analysts included) dont' want to see us win another one. They're sick of us winning, winning, winning.

kirklandrules
02-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Well, the favored team won three playoff road games and that tough accomplishment is somehow being applied to this game. Don't forget that GB went 3-3 in their last six regular season games ... it's not as though they were on this long winning streak.

SteelWolf62
02-04-2011, 03:05 PM
i don't know if its as much us being "underdogs" as it is that other teams supporters (media analysts included) dont' want to see us win another one. They're sick of us winning, winning, winning.

I know I was sick of the Patriots winning and the media heads inadvertently calling them a dynasty. I for one am not sick of seeing Black and Gold sitting atop the NFL. I say the hell with them and let's bring home number..............................7!!!!!!

:tt04::tt02::applaudit::tt: