PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How Much Do You Dislike the Packers?

BGSU A Dub
02-04-2011, 12:57 AM
This was brought up in another thread where a Packers fan said that the Steelers and Packers hated each other. What is your take on it? How much do you dislike the Packers. (1 = Hate them 5 = Neutral, 10 = Love them) Note: Do not let the fact we are playing in the Super Bowl taint your view.

BGSU A Dub
02-04-2011, 12:58 AM
This was brought up in another thread where a Packers fan said that the Steelers and Packers hated each other. What is your take on it? How much do you dislike the Packers. (1 = Hate them 3 = Neutral, 5 = Love them) Note: Do not let the fact we are playing in the Super Bowl taint your view.

SteelersBry79
02-04-2011, 01:00 AM
real post on thread with poll

Wallace108
02-04-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm going with an 8 as well. Much like the Steelers, they're a classy organization with a rich tradition. I started disliking them during Favre's final 23 years with the team. But since he's been gone, I'm back to liking them again. I can't think of another NFL team (not counting the Steelers obviously) I have more respect for.

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 01:06 AM
I'd have to echo SteelersBry on this. 8 sounds about right. You all know who my 10 is and there is no 9.

Acerinox
02-04-2011, 01:12 AM
I don't mind the Packers - frankly I find it hard to get excited about very many NFC teams, with some obvious exceptions. They are a decent franchise with generally decent fans, and the Cheese head thing is cool. It's a popular team here in the UK, too, and not too many tossers are on the bandwagon.

I warmed to them especially after Favre left and messed them around. They were selling this awesome T-shirt which I saw in a sports bar. It had a picture of Favre and the message:
WE'LL NEVER FORGET YOU BRENT

I lol'd

BGSU A Dub
02-04-2011, 01:15 AM
I'm not narcissistic, this got double posted some how (my work computer is awful) so I apologize.

MikeHaullace
02-04-2011, 01:19 AM
I don't have anything against the Packers at all.

In fact, if the Packers were playing *any other team in the NFL* for the Super Bowl, I would be pulling for them to win it. Their franchise epitomizes how it should be done and what it is all about. That's a team I can get behind.

Put me down for a 4.

BGSU A Dub
02-04-2011, 01:23 AM
I don't have anything against the Packers at all.

In fact, if the Packers were playing *any other team in the NFL* for the Super Bowl, I would be pulling for them to win it. Their franchise epitomizes how it should be done and what it is all about. That's a team I can get behind.
Put me down for a 4.

Is that a Brett Farve joke? :wink02:

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 01:24 AM
I had to change mine to a 4 since somebody double posted this and I said 8 out of 10 on the other thread! (I'm lookin' at you BGSU!) Seriously, I like the Pack a lot and hope for a good game. I hope GBpack is reading this thread.

SteelersBry79
02-04-2011, 01:29 AM
I put mine as a 4 since 6-10 does not exist on this poll. I've always liked the Packers, cheered them on when they won SB XXXI and lost SB XXXII, but for this SB, I still like them, but that's on hold until after the game's over, because if we lose, that 4 will go down to a 2.

BGSU A Dub
02-04-2011, 01:30 AM
I had to change mine to a 4 since somebody double posted this and I said 8 out of 10 on the other thread! (I'm lookin' at you BGSU!) Seriously, I like the Pack a lot and hope for a good game. I hope GBpack is reading this thread.

Yes, yes... I deserve this. Maybe if I woulda went to a Big Ten, SEC, or ACC school I would have learned Message Boarding 101 :doh:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-04-2011, 01:42 AM
8 is good. I've always seen them as the NFC Steelers.

pete74
02-04-2011, 03:31 AM
i love them. there my 2nd favorite team next to the steelers. this sunday i wont like them for this one game but when there not playing the steelers im rooting for them

Rick5895
02-04-2011, 04:18 AM
I am neutral on this. I would likely be cheering for them if the played the Jets or Cheats.

steeltheone
02-04-2011, 04:40 AM
The Packers are not a hated team!

palasport
02-04-2011, 05:17 AM
I despise ANY team the Steelers play in the Playoffs and Super Bowl, I really don't care how much history they have,do any of you actually believe that any of the Packers fans aren't hating us right now, I just don't talk no dirt till they start talking dirt, just like I dont ever get over confident on a win against ANY team.

SacknificentStew56
02-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Any team that doesn't sport the Black and Gold is the Devil...............that's what Mama said!! I can't stand those cheese heads and I hope our guys mock them with their Lame-Beau leap when we score.

stlrtruck
02-04-2011, 06:56 AM
I have respect for the organziation and the fans. From the ones I've run in to, they know their football and they're as excited about their team as we are about ours.

BGSU A Dub
02-04-2011, 07:05 AM
I have respect for the organziation and the fans. From the ones I've run in to, they know their football and they're as excited about their team as we are about ours.

I gotta say that's why I think I dislike the Packers (on top of Aaron Rodgers). I didn't know any Seahawks fans, I didn't know any Cardinals fans, but I do know a couple of Packers fans (1 is a girl that bet me a beer on last years game and one is a guy on my football team).

fat4jc
02-04-2011, 07:15 AM
If they weren't playing the Steelers, I'd be rooting for them to win the Superbowl. I got nothing against the Pack...they are a good team, and a great organization.

TRH
02-04-2011, 07:23 AM
i don't mind the Packers, they're even somewhat an image of our team in a way. If there was one other team i might like, it would probably be them.

4xSBChamps
02-04-2011, 07:39 AM
... if the Packers were playing *any other team in the NFL* for the Super Bowl, I would be pulling for them to win it. Their franchise epitomizes how it should be done and what it is all about. That's a team I can get behind...

+ tax... am old-enough to remember the 'Ice Bowl', and SB2

My wish is that whenever a Packer is slammed by a Steeler Sunday evening on a bone-jarring hit, he lands softly on one of Ms. Goodell's pillows, which I couldn't say if the opponent were the Crygirls or the Iggles

toughsticks87
02-04-2011, 07:49 AM
4. I can't love any other team than the Steelers, but I do respect the Packers and their fans a lot.

SteelCityMom
02-04-2011, 08:13 AM
I put down a 4 as well. I reserve my love for the Steelers, but the Packers have always been one of my favorite teams after the Steelers.

NCBlackWolf
02-04-2011, 08:17 AM
4. I can't love any other team than the Steelers, but I do respect the Packers and their fans a lot.

Ditto for me- I have to admit that our past two SB opponents have brought out neutral feeiings towards me. If we were only playing the Cowboys for our seventh....

Curtain_of_Steel
02-04-2011, 10:07 AM
I had no feelings either way after we spanked Sanchez. But after the constatnt love fest that has occurred, I have had to push them to #2.

Soon as the reports of greatness came out, and them having better fans, that was enough.

Third Rail
02-04-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm cool with the Packers. Obviously, I want them to lose on Sunday, but I would probably be rooting for them if they were playing anyone other than the Steelers. I really wanted them to go to the Super Bowl in the 2007/2008 season and beat the Pats, so that Brett could retire in style. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, and while I'll still always love the Giants for ending Brady and Belicheat's evil campaign, it would have been so much more majestic had the Packers been able to do it.

Unfortunately, that didn't happen and it put into motion a chain of events that has destroyed Favre's legacy for good. Shame. I can remember when I actually liked the guy. Now I can't stand him.

StainlessStill
02-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Out of ANY other team in the NFL that offers the competitiveness for a Super Bowl, I respect Green Bay the most out of any other team. In fact, I hate any other teams GUTS. The model that GB has always run and the history, story, and fanbase that resides there always reminded me of our own.

I hate them to death this week, but I respect them. I'd say OVERALL: 3. Neutral.

tube517
02-04-2011, 10:53 AM
I have no hate for the Pack, except for this Sunday. On other days, I root for them against most NFC teams especially the Dallas Brokebacks

vasteeler
02-04-2011, 10:56 AM
i dont hate the pack at all. i was really hoping it would be a team i hated. i think i need to read one of Dino's posts he has a way of putting things that could possibly strike up a little hate

vasteeler
02-04-2011, 10:57 AM
wait a minute......where is the patriots suck and tom brady is gay option?

Karmaloop_Rep
02-04-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm pretty neutral mysel

Karmaloop_Rep
02-04-2011, 11:07 AM
wait a minute......where is the patriots suck and tom brady is gay option?

hahahahahahaha

cloppbeast
02-04-2011, 11:09 AM
I couldn't say that I love them. I only love one team: the Steelers.

I do respect their publicly owned franchise. They're of the same mold of the Steelers - respectable, old school, classic, no nonsense, ect. I really like Aaron Rodgers and John Kun as well.

steelerchad
02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
It's hard to hate the Packers, but I will this weekend. They are the only thing that could stop #7, so they will be hated. I really don't like any other teams, but if I had to pick a second team it would probably be the pack. I hate Pats, Ravens, and Dallas.

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I think the Packers are a class organization since Favre & Holmgren left with great fans and I cannot think of a team in the playoffs this year other than the Steelers I would rather see win it all (side note - as you will note from my screen name I am from Atlanta, but I have reservations about the Falcons because I have grown weary of the local media anointing Matt Ryan as the next great NFL QB and Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff constantly bleating about "the Patriots Way" and how he is seeking to set up his organization like the one operated by his former employer in New England)

acidburn517
02-04-2011, 11:42 AM
aaron rodgers super bowl interview get personal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqPecGe7MkI

Are you planning on spamming the forum with that link all day :shake01:? Stupid link is stupid.

SteelWolf62
02-04-2011, 11:46 AM
I have to say they're probably the only NFC team I like at all. Classy organization with a great fan base (though nothing like Steelers Nation) and a team the Steelers could face in future SuperBowls.

4xSBChamps
02-04-2011, 11:51 AM
aaron rodgers super bowl interview get personal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqPecGe7MkI

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/CaryGrant-OUT.gif

GTFO!!!

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 11:52 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/CaryGrant-OUT.gif

GTFO!!!

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Guy's a f*cking idiot. :doh:

4xSBChamps
02-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Guy's a f*cking idiot. :doh:

"... you, sir, have just insulted f*cking-idiots world-wide...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/PerryMason.jpg

... and they demand an immediate retraction of that statement!!!"

fer522
02-04-2011, 11:59 AM
:noidea: i like them a little more than i like the Bills :noidea:

GBpack2010
02-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Wow ok I aplogize for my recent comment Buddah. I like Pittsburgh but not this week! When the game is over I wouldnt mind sticking around talking football with you guys win or lose. You guys have been the classiest fans or the classiest opponent we have had. I like the Steelers. If we lose can I ask you guys not to rub it in our faces please? If we win I will be classy to you guys as well. Thanks for being so classy to us these 2 weeks guys. I appreciate it.

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Wow ok I aplogize for my recent comment Buddah. I like Pittsburgh but not this week! When the game is over I wouldnt mind sticking around talking football with you guys win or lose. You guys have been the classiest fans or the classiest opponent we have had. I like the Steelers. If we lose can I ask you guys not to rub it in our faces please? If we win I will be classy to you guys as well. Thanks for being so classy to us these 2 weeks guys. I appreciate it.

I told you, GB, no hate for the Packers here. It's all good. I'm going to be rooting just as hard for your team to lose to. Once again, sorry for being a little gruff last night. You're alright and welcome here anytime. :drink:

P.S.- We only rub it in the faces of the deserving. You're safe as long as you don't talk a lot of smack before, or whine about refs after losing! :wink02:

Quasar
02-04-2011, 03:13 PM
I spent 2 years in Wisconsin as a kid. I've always liked the Packers; I'd say they are my 4th favorite team. After the Steelers, Eagles, and Falcons. But Steelers are way way way ahead of the other 3!!! :tt04::tt02::tt::helmet:

GBpack2010
02-04-2011, 04:04 PM
I told you, GB, no hate for the Packers here. It's all good. I'm going to be rooting just as hard for your team to lose to. Once again, sorry for being a little gruff last night. You're alright and welcome here anytime. :drink:

P.S.- We only rub it in the faces of the deserving. You're safe as long as you don't talk a lot of smack before, or whine about refs after losing! :wink02:

No problem. I just hope the refs dont affect the outcome neither for both teams. I know one of us will win and one of us will be dissapointed. It will be a great game decided by 3 points that could go either way. Hope us GB fans are nice to Pittsburgh fans on our forums as well.

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 04:11 PM
No problem. I just hope the refs dont affect the outcome neither for both teams. I know one of us will win and one of us will be dissapointed. It will be a great game decided by 3 points that could go either way. Hope us GB fans are nice to Pittsburgh fans on our forums as well.

Yeah, I really don't want the refs to eff up any calls that could cause anyone to whine about them stealing from them. Here's to a good, decisive, well officialed game! :drink:

GBpack2010
02-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I really don't want the refs to eff up any calls that could cause anyone to whine about them stealing from them. Here's to a good, decisive, well officialed game! :drink:

I hope we dont get any favorable calls either or you guys. I would love to stay here on these boards and talk football in the offseason if you guys dont mind.

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 04:17 PM
I hope we dont get any favorable calls either or you guys. I would love to stay here on these boards and talk football in the offseason if you guys dont mind.

Opposing fans that are cool and respectful are always welcome here. We won't mind at all. :thumbsup:

GBpack2010
02-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Opposing fans that are cool and respectful are always welcome here. We won't mind at all. :thumbsup:

I dont hate the Steelers so I will be very respectful.

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 04:22 PM
I dont hate the Steelers so I will be very respectful.

It's OK to poke fun and trash talk some, just don't be a complete jerk like some trolls we've seen here and you'll be fine. Friendly smack talk is definitely welcome! :chuckle:

GBpack2010
02-04-2011, 04:25 PM
It's OK to poke fun and trash talk some, just don't be a complete jerk like some trolls we've seen here and you'll be fine. Friendly smack talk is definitely welcome! :chuckle:

Well Buddha as long as I see you Steeler fans on here Monday morning in mourning it will be fine.:chuckle: You mean like that, lol only joking as well.

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Well Buddha as long as I see you Steeler fans on here Monday morning in mourning it will be fine.:chuckle: You mean like that, lol only joking as well.

Exactly! Except the other way around. :wink02:

Try not to get too many tears in your cheese, that stuff's salty enough. :chuckle:

GBpack2010
02-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Exactly! Except the other way around. :wink02:

Try not to get too many tears in your cheese, that stuff's salty enough. :chuckle:

It will be tears of joy in my cheese though.:chuckle:

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 04:37 PM
It will be tears of joy in my cheese though.:chuckle:

Is it because the cheddar is that good out there? :huh:

It certainly isn't going to be from the football game. That is, unless you come over to the darkside. :muhaha:

GBpack2010
02-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Is it because the cheddar is that good out there? :huh:

It certainly isn't going to be from the football game. That is, unless you come over to the darkside. :muhaha:

Haha good one. I admit I am very nervous for this game.

Packerstud
02-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Out of ANY other team in the NFL that offers the competitiveness for a Super Bowl, I respect Green Bay the most out of any other team. In fact, I hate any other teams GUTS. The model that GB has always run and the history, story, and fanbase that resides there always reminded me of our own.

WTF? Your getting all soft and squishy on me now?

Seriously props to you and the Steelers

caplovestroyp43
02-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Yep I'm OK with Green Bay too since what's his name with the big textable penis left! Seriously they are OK and I probably wouldn't root for them because I don't know any of their players outside of Donald Driver and Aaron Rogers but a couple of their fans that have been visiting us this week have been really descent and I respect that.

I ONLY BLEED BLACK AND GOLD!!!! But you think about their history and the great Vince Lombardi. Wow! He was quite a man indeed. :-)

mcg24
02-04-2011, 11:28 PM
I hate the Packers. I live in Wisconsin and most of the Packer fans I know are bandwagon morons. Now, I'm just saying those are the Packer fans I KNOW. I know they are a great fan base, but the small group of Wisconsinites that I have lived with over the years have made me hate them!

Ohhh, and what's with the whole DA DA DA DA DA DA GO PACK GO Chant. Do you guys really need to do the DA thing? It sounds like a bunch of idiots don't know how or when to do a chant, so they need a song to play to let them know they should cheer.

El Nino
02-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Ohhh, and what's with the whole DA DA DA DA DA DA GO PACK GO Chant. Do you guys really need to do the DA thing? It sounds like a bunch of idiots don't know how or when to do a chant, so they need a song to play to let them know they should cheer.

oh that's the thing the pack fans say when tehy're packing eachother's fudge

mcg24
02-05-2011, 01:48 AM
oh that's the thing the pack fans say when tehy're packing eachother's fudge

http://8.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/51/96/collegehumor.cde3c37bc89aeb8b5ac505894a4ec7d7.jpg

Packerstud
02-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Wow..................really?