PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson's Comments...

Palmers Knee
05-04-2006, 11:14 PM
It's probably in my best interest not to bring it up, but I couldn't believe no one mentioned it yet. Today Chad said that the Bengals are going to dominate the AFC North. That's just Chad being Chad, and you never know what's going to come out of his mouth when you put a mic infront of it. It was like the 3rd topic on PTI, where where you guys?

83-Steelers-43
05-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Here you go. I figured he's not worth wasting a spot in the Steelers section of the message board. http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6938

Palmers Knee
05-04-2006, 11:22 PM
I don't think it was a shot at the Steelers, he's just confident. But I can see why Steelers fans would be pissed. But it is Chad, you have to take what he says with a grain of salt. By the way, did anyone see that 37.5 second obstacle course time he put up on the NFL Challenge that runs on ESPN? He smoked the competition.

83-Steelers-43
05-04-2006, 11:38 PM
I don't think it was a shot at the Steelers, he's just confident. But I can see why Steelers fans would be pissed.

Who said anybody was pissed? Amused? Yes. We are pretty much used to Chad running his big mouth and then not showing up on Sunday's against the Steelers. If anything his comments are welcomed for bulletin board material and for idiotic entertainment value.

Steelhorse
05-05-2006, 12:07 AM
I don't think it was a shot at the Steelers, he's just confident. But I can see why Steelers fans would be pissed. But it is Chad, you have to take what he says with a grain of salt. By the way, did anyone see that 37.5 second obstacle course time he put up on the NFL Challenge that runs on ESPN? He smoked the competition.

Confident? This dude has to ask Ike Taylor for permission to get a drink of water. Here's his stats from last season

date opp score catches yards avg long TDs

10/23 PIT L 13-27 4 94 23.5 47 0

12/04 @PIT W 38-31 5 54 10.8 19 0

01/08 PIT L 17-31 4 59 14.8 24 0

The 47 yard catch came on the last drive with the steelers playing prevent

Ohio Steeler
05-05-2006, 12:38 AM
It's probably in my best interest not to bring it up, but I couldn't believe no one mentioned it yet. Today Chad said that the Bengals are going to dominate the AFC North. That's just Chad being Chad, and you never know what's going to come out of his mouth when you put a mic infront of it. It was like the 3rd topic on PTI, where where you guys?

chad can kiss my @ss I cant stand his punk ass , he can do nothin but talk I guess he does not know if you talk you better back it

Mosca
05-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Oh hell, I'd be more upset if he said that the Bengals were the Steelers' bitch and they don't have a chance. He's a top flight professional athlete, that's what he's supposed to think, feel, believe. If he doesn't, then they won't. The guy's an awesome competitor, I want to beat him when he's at his best.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't; you're right.

Tom

madrax
05-05-2006, 11:05 AM
http://www.madrazo.org/steelers/miscpost/cjtv2.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
05-05-2006, 11:18 AM
http://www.madrazo.org/steelers/miscpost/cjtv2.jpg

I like my black and white TV.Chad can keep his color one.

Big D
05-05-2006, 11:48 AM
last i checked cincis defense still sucks. and who knows when carson palmer will be back. and when he's back will he be same old carson or will the knee injury take him a step back

SID
05-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Never trust the words of a man whose teeth look like something Mr.T wears around his neck.

Suitanim
05-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Again, Chad's "Entertainment value" is the equivalent of hillbillies lighting each others farts...people are laughing at him, not with him.

SteelerzGirl
05-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Why is this thread with those of the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers? As always, anything Bengals should be relegated to a back room somewhere. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a Bengals fan posted it in the wrong place.

Haiku_Dirtt
05-05-2006, 07:32 PM

:blah:

Anyone who knows football knows that's just crap. Dominate? :sofunny:

Compete. Contend. Yes. You go from the weakest schedule to the hardest schedule and you give out points like rice on the Chinese New Year.

clevestinks
05-06-2006, 06:54 AM
As we proved last season, they can have the AFCN title whoopity doooo

SteelersFever
05-06-2006, 08:16 AM

What I want to know is if you don't think it is a shot at the Steelers then why post it at Steelers Fever? I think you like to stir shit up. That may have been a possibility if the Steelers didn't defeat the helpless Bengals to advance in the playoffs and eventually go on to win Super Bowl XL. We're all very much elated so what may have bothered some of us in the past now has an entertainment value attached. You're just jealous and doing your best trying to make everyone as pissed as you because you got Carson Palmers knee handed to you at the battlefield where he doesn't belong. You can't send inexperienced troops to defend their position against troops that are well-trained and have a no take prisoner mentality. I'm looking forward to this upcoming season when the Steelers once again shut down Chad Johnson. His performance and his mouth.

floodcitygirl
05-06-2006, 08:22 AM
What I want to know is if you don't think it is a shot at the Steelers then why post it at Steelers Fever? I think you like to stir shit up. That may have been a possibility if the Steelers didn't defeat the helpless Bengals to advance in the playoffs and eventually go on to win Super Bowl XL. We're all very much elated so what may have bothered some of us in the past now has an entertainment value attached. You're just jealous and doing your best trying to make everyone as pissed as you because you got Carson Palmers knee handed to you at the battlefield where he doesn't belong. You can't send inexperienced troops to defend their position against troops that are well-trained and have a no take prisoner mentality. I'm looking forward to this upcoming season when the Steelers once again shut down Chad Johnson. His performance and his mouth. I'd say that about sums it up!!! Nuff said. :sofunny:

Avoid Lloyd
05-06-2006, 09:01 AM
He'll be crying again at the end of this season too.

desertsteel
05-06-2006, 11:37 AM
please!!!!! somebody post the video of johnson crying in his towel again. waahh, waahh, waahh...

SteelerzGirl
05-06-2006, 11:41 AM
(Walks in in my Gucci heels and contemplates whether or not I want to kick Palmers Knee...(lol).

Hmmm...

Ohio Steeler
05-06-2006, 11:44 AM
What I want to know is if you don't think it is a shot at the Steelers then why post it at Steelers Fever? I think you like to stir shit up. That may have been a possibility if the Steelers didn't defeat the helpless Bengals to advance in the playoffs and eventually go on to win Super Bowl XL. We're all very much elated so what may have bothered some of us in the past now has an entertainment value attached. You're just jealous and doing your best trying to make everyone as pissed as you because you got Carson Palmers knee handed to you at the battlefield where he doesn't belong. You can't send inexperienced troops to defend their position against troops that are well-trained and have a no take prisoner mentality. I'm looking forward to this upcoming season when the Steelers once again shut down Chad Johnson. His performance and his mouth.

I could not have said it any better :tt:

Midnightwriter07
05-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Chad johnson is a punk who has to make make statements in order to keep himself in the lime light. Not enough attention makes him a dull boy.

BB2W
05-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Who cares what Chad Johnson said?... :blah:

Anyone who still takes him seriously is an idiot, a Bengals fan, or both.

HburgXL06
05-07-2006, 04:43 PM

Rep to you! You nailed it on both the subject of chad and PK! Peace.

BuFu

SteelerFanInCA
05-08-2006, 04:07 PM
last i checked cincis defense still sucks. and who knows when carson palmer will be back. and when he's back will he be same old carson or will the knee injury take him a step back
And not to mention Chris Henry might be watching the games from a jail cell some where. Gee, I wonder if they have the NFL Sunday Ticket in jail?

83-Steelers-43
05-11-2006, 09:43 AM
From the PPG this morning:

Bengals

Wide receiver Chad Johnson spoke in a hushed tone when asked if he believes quarterback Carson Palmer will start the Sept. 10 opener at Kansas City. Palmer had left-knee surgery Jan. 10 after being hurt in an AFC wild-card game against the Steelers.

"I'm not supposed to say that," Johnson whispered during open locker room, "but I think so. He's walking around, running and lifting [weights], doing everything everyone else does. So I think he's going to be ready to go. When you watch him, you'd think there's nothing wrong with him. You wouldn't know he got hurt." - PPG

So let me get this straight, he states that he's "not supposed to say that" and then he goes on to give us a medical update? :huh:

tony hipchest
05-11-2006, 09:50 AM
so not only is he a clown but a doctor too? or was he just playing one on tv? thanks for the update chad!

Suitanim
05-11-2006, 09:50 AM
It's imperative for Bengals FO to keep the fans calm, and they've had a PR campaign on since day one when they made the doctor retract his statements saying it was the worst injury of it's kind he'd ever seen. Now why would the doctor say that if it wasn't true?

I'm still sticking with a POSSIBLE return after the Bengals bye week.

clevestinks
05-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Its to bad the Bengals season all hinges on an injury, but I still say best case scenario, is runners up to us. I hope Palmer is healthy asap.

CantStop85
05-11-2006, 05:15 PM
I really am starting to believe that steelers fans are more concerned about Carson's injury than Bengals' fans.

83-Steelers-43
05-11-2006, 05:27 PM
I really am starting to believe that steelers fans are more concerned about Carson's injury than Bengals' fans.

Well, you guys are in our division. Expect there to be conversation and speculation. :rolleyes:

Not that I would know because I don't visit Bengal sites for obvious reasons, but I would have to believe it would be the same if Ben Roethlisberger was in Palmer's situation. Amazing huh?

CantStop85
05-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Well, you guys are in our division. Expect there to be conversation and speculation. :rolleyes:

Not that I would know because I don't visit Bengal sites for obvious reasons, but I would have to believe it would be the same if Ben Roethlisberger was in Palmer's situation. Amazing huh?
Yeah, but you would expect the team that the player actually plays for to be a little more worried about the situation than an opposing team.

83-Steelers-43
05-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah, but you would expect the team that the player actually plays for to be a little more worried about the situation than an opposing team.

How do we know they are not? Do you have facts to back up your claims? :bouncy:

I'd have to believe that Carson Palmer's injury is being discussed on a much larger scale on a Bengal MB than on this MB.

Then again, when you type up two separate threads in the NFL Forum of this site pertaining to Palmer's injury and his day to day recovery, do you expect people not to respond?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5994&highlight=Palmer

and this one........

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5657&highlight=Palmer

Personally, I don't care if he comes back or not. I just found it odd that Johnson stated that he's "not supposed to talk about that" and he turned around, opened his big mouth as usual and gave us a full update on Palmers status. Further proof that it's impossible for Chad Johnson to keep his mouth shut. Then again I knew that after hearing about his little halftime hissy fit during the playoffs. Typical...lol

RoethlisBURGHer
05-11-2006, 05:35 PM

Holy sh*t!

Everyone,we are not allowed to discuss Carson Palmer's injury in a thread started about Bengals WR Chad Johnson,by a Bengals fan who's screen name is Palmer's Knee.

Why you might ask?

The mighty Can'tStop85,a Bengals fan,said so.

Bow down to the AFC North Champions everybody,I guess that Vince Lombardi Trophy we won in February doesn't mean a thing when compared to an AFC North Championship.

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

CantStop85
05-11-2006, 07:39 PM
The mighty Can'tStop85,a Bengals fan,said so.
Now you're getting the hang of it. :bouncy:

SteelersFever
05-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Damn, it feels good being Super Bowl XL CHAMPIONS!

Hypnotic
05-11-2006, 09:19 PM
The bengals are like an infectious scab that wont go away.

HburgXL06
05-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Here's the thing, we aren't worried about Palmer. We see him as a threat but we have faith in our team and our defense. We are not obsessed about the issue of his knee. All these threads about Palmer have been started by bengals fans. It is good though to see some bengals fans concerned about the injury. The other thing is, that benagls fans on the site that I've been to (cincybengals) seem not to even acknowledge that he is injured and the severity of the injury. Instead they pound their chest and say how the bengals will beat....guess who....the Steelers. It seems that these fans direct more energy into their hate of us and how much they think "we suck" than they do into their own team. We aren't obsessed. We respond when the situation presents us with this issue. Cantstop85 is cool. He is a good smack talker and is knowledgable and ain't full of himself. It's all good in the hood. I'm sorry if this keeps goin off on tangents. I'm in class right now directin my energy to watchin presentations and postin. Peace.

BuFu

MattsMe
05-12-2006, 01:25 AM
The bengals are like an infectious scab that wont go away.

You mean they signed Michael Vick?

SteelCityPride
05-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Chad Johnson catches passes, Chad Johnson Scores touchdowns, Chad Johnson runs his mouth, Chad Johnson doesn't win the super bowl...

Hines Ward cathes passes, Hines Ward Catches Touchdowns, Hines Ward blocks ferociously, Hines Ward doesnt run his mouth, Hines Ward Wins the Superbowl.

Any differences there, who do you want on your team? Hmmmm.....

Suitanim
05-12-2006, 11:48 AM
I like to talk about Carson Palmer because it's so clear that the Bengals fans are not only being offered the Kool-Aid, not only drinking the Kool-Aid, but they are thumping their chests and collectively saying "We love the Kool-Aid...give us more!"

HburgXL06
05-12-2006, 01:56 PM
I like to talk about Carson Palmer because it's so clear that the Bengals fans are not only being offered the Kool-Aid, not only drinking the Kool-Aid, but they are thumping their chests and collectively saying "We love the Kool-Aid...give us more!"

::Kool-Aid man breaks through wall of PBS:: "OH YEAH!!"

"Oh no mister Kool-Aid man, Oh no!"

BuFu

CantStop85
05-12-2006, 06:32 PM
We've got plenty left over, would you like some? It's good Kool-Aid!