PDA

View Full Version : Thursday news and notes

mesaSteeler
02-04-2011, 06:34 AM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard on Tuesday nights throughout the season from 7 to 9 p.m. on WBGG 970-AM.
Thursday, February 03, 2011
Thursday news and notes

This Super Bowl has gotten a little ridiculous with members of the local media running around trying to make big deals out of nothing.

Tuesday, it was a report in a Dallas newspaper that Hines Ward and other members of the Steelers went to an area strip club Monday night.

Ward was asked about it Tuesday and the story insinuated that it was somehow the wrong thing to do.

Why?

I'm not a big strip club guy myself, but the last time I checked, they were legal. If that's how a guy chooses to spend his down time, whom am I or anyone else to tell him it's wrong?

According to the reports, everybody behaved themselves and there were no Pac-Man Jones moments. So where's the story?

Then, today the report comes out that Ben Roethlisberger took his offensive line out for dinner and sang "Piano Man."

Mike Tomlin was asked about it Thursday like he was supposed to be ticked off that members of his team went out and had a good night out with each other.

Said Tomlin: "Iím not concerned one iota. Itís normal for guys to eat dinner, believe it or not. During the course of the season, guys go out on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Believe it or not, guys live lives."

People actually report things like this as if it were "news."

I hate it. It makes it more difficult for those of us who actually care about our jobs and what we're doing.