PDA

View Full Version : Flights delayed into Dallas

Curtain_of_Steel
02-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Ok, lets see as I'm sure this will get moved, so how to spin this into Steeler news, lol.

Report out of dallas is, flights are delayed. Since the Steelers are a class act team, they probably have long flew in all their players by now. Unlike the chumps in wisconsin who are trying to save a buck.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11035/1123021-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

So obvsioulsy mentall this doenst effect our game in anyway, puts some added tension on the packers for screwing over their own players.

Is the league regretting going to a colder state, although this is more rare to have that kind of weather?

What about when they move this to the giants/jets stadium in 2014? Newark and laguardia close on a sprinkle, let alone storms. Planes could be backlogged for a week trying to get in. Luckily for the Steelers are a bus drive away for that game, and it won't disrupt our pregame scheduling.

MDSteel15
02-04-2011, 11:01 AM
I work for one of the limo companies down there and believe me it is chaos! :banging:

Curtain_of_Steel
02-04-2011, 11:05 AM
The game belongs in warm places, lol....Granted the cowboy stadium is a great place, but you have to be outside at some point to get inside.

I'm sure Goodell is working on a SB for his buddy Kraft shortly as well.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Who about this news tidbit. Mexico changes its mind to give Texas power. Roling blackout also in the dallas area...Must be nice trying to work out in the dark, or sleeping in a hotel when the heat goes off.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iNNMw-dDPvOB21bkooBnPMUWa58w?docId=538ccbe2b8594d4d92d3c 07a0a310729

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2011, 11:18 AM
My understanding is the travel packages with multiple night hotel stays are non-refundable, so I guess if your flight is delayed you eat the hotel bill for missed nights

An Atlanta sports talk guy who is Dallas speculated this morning this is going to drive down ticket prices since the crap weather is keeping fans who might otherwise go to Dallas just to enjoy the Super Bowl festivities away

This happened in Atlanta for Rams-Titans back in 2000 when an ice storm shut down Atlanta until mid-week and it was freezing the whole week - Super Bowl has never been back since. Despite the rotten weather, the NFL apparently is making so much from the increased seating capacity at JerryWorld that Dallas now is anticipated to be in the regular SB rotation

Steelers got Detroit, Tampa and now this while not getting to party in Miami, SoCal or New Orleans during their Super Bowl weeks