PDA

View Full Version : I miss Joey Porter this week

sacredgrooves
02-04-2011, 11:17 AM
The lead up to the game has been way too quiet. I wish someone would break out some smack talk! :tt03:

vasteeler
02-04-2011, 11:19 AM
i miss his motor but certainly not his mouth.....very embarrassing at times

SteelersinCA
02-04-2011, 12:21 PM
I miss everything about him. I loved Joey.

Steelers>NFL
02-04-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't!
Harrison provided enough noise. Plus he backs it up.

MDSteel15
02-04-2011, 12:47 PM

:iagree:

NCBlackWolf
02-04-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't!
Harrison provided enough noise. Plus he backs it up.

Good point.
I would rather stay quiet and kick a$$ on the field.
A little is okay but it ain' t the WWE

palasport
02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm glad he's gone all he caused was trouble,all he did was run his mouth and get us in trouble,get kicked out of games and never back up what his mouth said he was a disstraction,I'm very glad he left if he was still here I gurrantee we would lose this Sunday cause he would be taking the team out of focus with his smart mouth.

steeltheone
02-04-2011, 02:19 PM
JP was a stud.....Just was getting older....we have some more of that type after this season

Steelers>NFL
02-04-2011, 03:21 PM
James Harrison is 32 years old and still playing at a high level.
Peezy was barely 30 years old and he was considered done and washed up by the Steelers.
Plus, he could not back up his talking anymore no matter where he played since Steelers
booted him.

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm glad he's gone all he caused was trouble,all he did was run his mouth and get us in trouble,get kicked out of games and never back up what his mouth said he was a disstraction,I'm very glad he left if he was still here I gurrantee we would lose this Sunday cause he would be taking the team out of focus with his smart mouth.

Ummm....no.

He ALWAYS backed up his talk-- like when he called out Peyton Manning prior to the 2005 playoffs, that he "doesn't like to get hit" and "can't play QB unless he has ten minutes to sit back there", and he and Troy victimized Peyton Manning all throughout thatgame, to where he did not even complete a pass until almost halftime.

He was NOT a distraction, he was one of the most vocal leaders in our lockerroom. If he were here, he would have the team PUMPED for Sunday.

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-04-2011, 03:27 PM
James Harrison is 32 years old and still playing at a high level.
Peezy was barely 30 years old and he was considered done and washed up by the Steelers.
Plus, he could not back up his talking anymore no matter where he played since Steelers
booted him.

Wrong.:doh:

The season after the Steelers let him go, he went to Miami and had a career season (17.5 sacks, led the league in sacks, while SIlverback had 14 or 15 that year I believe).

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-04-2011, 03:27 PM

^^^^THIS.

mikegrimey
02-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Never liked Porter's childish antics. Had he played for the bengals or ravens I imagine a lot of his faithful on here would hate him and think of him the same way they think of Chad Johnson.

That said he was a good player, but he was obviously replaceable.

mikegrimey
02-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Ummm....no.

He ALWAYS backed up his talk-- like when he called out Peyton Manning prior to the 2005 playoffs, that he "doesn't like to get hit" and "can't play QB unless he has ten minutes to sit back there", and he and Troy victimized Peyton Manning all throughout thatgame, to where he did not even complete a pass until almost halftime.

He was NOT a distraction, he was one of the most vocal leaders in our lockerroom. If he were here, he would have the team PUMPED for Sunday.

I recall he talked a lot before Superbowl 40 too but didn't show up too much in that game. He was hit or miss in the "backing up" department but ALWAYS had something to say.

GBpack2010
02-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Both these teams are classy I think and wouldnt smack talk. The Bears Packers rivalry is heated and both teams hate each other with a passion. I think the Ravens and Steelers hate each other too am I right? Or is the Browns your most hated rival?

steeltheone
02-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Never liked Porter's childish antics. Had he played for the bengals or ravens I imagine a lot of his faithful on here would hate him and think of him the same way they think of Chad Johnson.

That said he was a good player, but he was obviously replaceable.

I believe 3/4 OLB's are easier to replaced in our system......( Harrison being the exception) Thats why i don't break the bank for Woodley..