PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey OUT!!!

MDSteel15
02-04-2011, 02:21 PM
ESPN's Suzy Knob Kobler just broke the news that Tomlin said Maurkice is definately out for Sunday....

Jackal
02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
:banging::banging:

Oh well, true champions overcome adversity, no matter what.

pete74
02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
like i said earlier, i would rather see Legursky play then a 75% Pouncey. Legursky played great last week so i dont expect any drop off whatsoever

JCPsteelers
02-04-2011, 02:39 PM
not a surprise.

SeinfeldNut
02-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Feel bad for Pouncey, now its next man up!

pete74
02-04-2011, 02:44 PM
i feel really bad for him because he hasnt missed a game all season and now he has to miss one of the most important games ever in his carear. with that said Legursky played just as well if not better when he came in so with 2 weeks to prep this time i expect him to tear it up and open up some holes for mendy

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2011, 02:45 PM
It isn't as if someone tore up a knee in practice this week - once Pouncey was in a hard cast I assumed he was gone and Kemo removed any doubt for me last week

Matt91
02-04-2011, 02:46 PM
It was clear, let's go on with Doug

acidburn517
02-04-2011, 02:48 PM
It's time for the Big Legursky to man up.

isunormalil
02-04-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm so tired of hearing about "Raji". To hear the experts talk we're replacing Pouncey with a Youth Football center. I understand Legursky isn't Mike Webster...but he isn't a pee wee neither. He will do just fine. Ben understands that he might not have the time to stand in the pocket that he would have with Pouncey out there.

Last, I am only hearing about the Packers Defense. I hope Harrison and Boys are listening. It sounds like they are getting no respect.

SteelerWay8
02-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Well, not surprised but definitely feel bad for him. He should still feel good about all he contributed this season either way.

mcg24
02-04-2011, 03:21 PM
We all knew it but we didn't want to discuss it. This kid has just simply worked his ass off to get where he is today. He has a tremendous future ahead of him, and I KNOW this won't be the last chance he gets to play in the Super Bowl. He'll be ready to go next time.

FanSince72
02-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Let's be serious here for a moment... does anyone believe that there are more than a half-dozen people in this country who are really surprised to hear this?

Tomlin has known this since the Jet game and I'm sure he'll have Legs well prepared to play.

El Nino
02-04-2011, 03:41 PM
damn where's mr. miyagi when you need him

blackandgoldsc
02-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Totally expected, not at all worried. Remember every point we scored in the AFCCG was with Legursky at center.

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Let's be serious here for a moment... does anyone believe that there are more than a half-dozen people in this country who are really surprised to hear this?

Tomlin has known this since the Jet game and I'm sure he'll have Legs well prepared to play.

Well, I know at least one person here, who swore up and down after hearing Pouncey announce at media day that he was 75% sure he was playing, who will be surprised. :wink02:

If you're reading this, buddy, this is why I told you it wasn't a good idea to run around calling people out and patting yourself on the back before it's official. It makes you look foolish.

Steelthe#1dynasty
02-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Have no fear...Bench press wise Legursky is the second strongest member of our football team. Raji is going to look like a douche on Sunday! I don't have to tell you who has the strongest bench press on the team... Hint: He likes to take walks in the park, body slam Cleveland fans, and lays soft pillows down for opposing QB's..

Sorry, I don't have a source but my Uncle was listening to some report on the radio. This is what he told me..

NoFieldFive
02-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Have no fear...Bench press wise Legursky is the second strongest member of our football team. Raji is going to look like a douche on Sunday! I don't have to tell you who has the strongest bench press on the team... Hint: He likes to take walks in the park, body slam Cleveland fans, and lays soft pillows down for opposing QB's..

Sorry, I don't have a source but my Uncle was listening to some report on the radio. This is what he told me..

he likes to watch cartoons too

harrison'samonster
02-04-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm definitely sorry for Pouncey. He has contributed so much for the team this year. At least his way, he's not risking a long term injury. I think he'll get more chances down the road to play in the superbowl.

I would have thought Casey Hampton would have the best bench press on the team, but I really don't know anything about what they bench.

4xSBChamps
02-04-2011, 06:24 PM
in SB9, Jack Lambert twisted an ankle in the 2nd quarter, and was replaced by Ed Bradley, #38 ~ Bradley played so-well, making key tackles, that the NBC announcing crew didn't realize that Lambert, #58, had been replaced:
the die has been cast

unlike Bradley 36 seasons ago, Legursky has had 2 weeks to prepare for this game, and I assume the coaching staff has done everything possible to prepare him for this assignment

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/MikeTomlininPinkcap.jpg

"the standard is the standard"