PDA

View Full Version : Proud papa enjoying Super Bowl experience

mesaSteeler
02-05-2011, 07:54 AM
View From The Press Box
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/02/04/proud-papa-enjoying-super-bowl-experience/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

Proud papa enjoying Super Bowl experience
February 4th, 2011

DALLAS --

Isaac Redman realized how far he is from Bowie State when the second-year running back first surveyed the scene at Super Bowl media day earlier this week.

Redman smiled when he thought back to his days at the Division II school that is in Maryland.

“There was one reporter,” Redman said of the coverage Bowie State received. “And he was reporting and taking pictures.”

Such recollections only made sweeter what Redman has experienced in frigid north Texas.

He has spent the week preparing for his first Super Bowl after his first full NFL season.

Redman, who rushed for 248 yards and averaged a robust 4.8 yards per carry, helped get the Steelers here.

The 6-foot, 230-pounder scored arguably the most important touchdown of the season on Dec. 5 when he bulled his way into the end zone after catching a pass from Ben Roethlisberger just inside the Ravens’ 10-yard line.

Not bad for a guy who signed with the Steelers as an undrafted free agent in April of 2009.

“Some people thought I’d be cut after mini-camp when I first got here,” said Redman, who grew up outside of Philadelphia. “Now I’m here contributing and in the Super Bowl.”

Redman’s mother and sister will watch him play Sunday night at Cowboys Stadium.

And watching the game on TV -- OK, well probably sleeping through it -- will be Redman’s newborn son.

Haiden Leroy Redman was born last Saturday, two days before the Steelers left Pittsburgh.

“There’s not many kids that can say the first game he was in front of the TV his dad was in the Super Bowl so I’m trying to win that for him,” Redman said. “This is everything that I wanted. I wanted to be a father. I wanted to go to the NFL. Now it’s all about being a good dad and taking care of him and making sure he grows up to be a good man.”
Filed under: Steelers Comment (0)