PDA

View Full Version : parcells finally speaks out

tony hipchest
05-05-2006, 06:06 PM
he spoke of t.o. 1st on sirius and later had a press conference.

how bout parcells purposefully miss pronouncing his name. :sofunny: t.o. hates when his name is pronounced like terrell davis.

Suitanim
05-05-2006, 07:54 PM
And..........what did he have to say (as if I didn't already know the second this deal was inked)?

Ambridge
05-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Sounds like Parcells might be initiating the opening salvo in a restrained way......letting Owens know that he's not going to be handled with kid gloves.

Parcells and Owens are the very antithesis of one another and there will be an eventual blow-up between them.

tony hipchest
05-05-2006, 08:38 PM
And..........what did he have to say (as if I didn't already know the second this deal was inked)?parcells held the company line but he stood firm and laid the foundation for t.o. "kid gloves" definitely wont be worn where hes concerned

-hes not gonna catch 100 balls in this offense
-hes not just gonna show up and expect to breeze through the season.
-hes not concerned with his conditionning in the least.
-he is concerned that t.o. has played in the west coast offense his whole carreer and what they run in dallas is different. parcells has extra coaching sessions in line for t.o. so he can spend an extra hour or so getting up to speed and doing some extra studying.

unfortunately i think this situation will work for atleast a year. if theres anyone who can get the best out of t.o. behaviorwise its parcells

also of note, hes trying to light a fire under j. jones ass. sounds like theres an open competition with marion barber III. parcels wants some one he can trust and who will be there all the time like "tiki barber". jones better get over his injury problems. (not like theyre jones fault) kid showed some balls his rookie year, playing while hurt until he couldnt take it no more.

parcells also mentioned not having a kicker last year and spoke of the fact that b. carpenter has played the position for several years as opposed to being a convert like. m. lawson or k. wimbley, as why he is confident with that pick.

Suitanim
05-05-2006, 09:04 PM
There is no need to "light a fire" under Julius Jones. There was an incredible article in ESPN mag about him and his brother Thomas last week...GREAT character guys both.

If you get a chance, read the article...I have a newfound tremendous respect for the Thomas Bros. as well as the rest of their family.

clevestinks
05-05-2006, 09:07 PM
I can see the head butting already, this team is setting up to self destruct! I love it.

tony hipchest
05-05-2006, 09:15 PM
There is no need to "light a fire" under Julius Jones. There was an incredible article in ESPN mag about him and his brother Thomas last week...GREAT character guys both.

If you get a chance, read the article...I have a newfound tremendous respect for the Thomas Bros. as well as the rest of their family. i'll have to look for that. ive always liked them both. personally i think parcells has been too hard on julius. i thought he proved himself when he went out and played on one leg. parcells still thinks he has to push him and motivate him with fear though. it works with some players. jones just seems like he needs a vote of confidence. after all, k. jones and s. jackson havent exactly been the model of health, and they were picked before him.

Suitanim
05-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Trust me...the Tom Brady "I did 10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups at 6 AM every morning" story pales in comparison...No matter what becomes of Thomas and Julius, they earned a gold star in my book.