PDA

View Full Version : mcnair has already agreed with ravens

tony hipchest
05-05-2006, 05:17 PM
the deal is in place. 1 million salary with 11 mil bonus. now the titans just have to drop him or trade him. probably wont happen till may or june. not sure over how many years the signing bonus is pro-rated but i think the ravens are looking at him as a "steelerkiller"

BlackNGold203
05-05-2006, 05:31 PM
based on what I saw in the opener last year...his steeler killin days are far behind him

besides...Billick can kill any QB

blackngoldbaby
05-05-2006, 06:15 PM
no wonder hes levin tenesse the people out there were treating him bad and he said he was sick of it my advice 2 steve mcnair is 2 just call it quits i dont hink hes gonna have much luck with the ravens i think his career is about over why dont the ravens just stick with kyle boller 4 this year

Suitanim
05-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Seriously, this DOES improve the Ravens substantially...but, put in perspective, that means trouble for the Palmer-less Bungals and Browns more than for us.

Ambridge
05-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Seriously, this DOES improve the Ravens substantially...but, put in perspective, that means trouble for the Palmer-less Bungals and Browns more than for us.

I'll say Baltimore gets 6-8 mediocre games out of McNair before he gets injured and the Ravens are back in the QB Panic Mode.
The Rats getting McNair is equivalent to putting a little donut spare on an H3.

clevestinks
05-05-2006, 08:06 PM
based on what I saw in the opener last year...his steeler killin days are far behind him

besides...Billick can kill any QB
He is not the young McNair but he is better than anyone that they have ever had.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-05-2006, 08:06 PM
McNair doesnt scare anybody anymore. His best days are behind him. Sure he'll give them some good numbers and push boller around..but he's been injured so much in the last 4-5 years he's no where near the QB he was in his prime ...

j-dawg
05-05-2006, 08:13 PM

yep, mcnairs "success" in the afcn last year...

Steelers 34, Titans 7
Titans 25, Rats 10
Bengals 31, Titans 23
Browns 20, Titans 14

well, they did get a better qb... for their team...

clevestinks
05-05-2006, 08:23 PM
yep, mcnairs "success" in the afcn last year...

Steelers 34, Titans 7
Titans 25, Rats 10
Bengals 31, Titans 23
Browns 20, Titans 14

well, they did get a better qb... for their team...
He was really injured last season, but I agree that he is the best that they have ever had, but still no one to throw to! :dang:

Suitanim
05-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Are you still mad at me, j-dawg, for exposing your 7th horrible first round pick in a row?

tony hipchest
05-05-2006, 08:38 PM
a healthy ravens team with a healthy mcnair will be good. i for one, wont be sleeping on them and the steelers will know better to take them lightly. they better not. they have beaten the steelers twice in the past 2 years.

Tha rock
05-05-2006, 09:22 PM
from what the reports on this are saying is the titans havent agreed.

tony hipchest
05-05-2006, 09:35 PM
from what the reports on this are saying is the titans havent agreed. they havent. they wont make a move til, may or june. they will not pay his roster bonus and pay him $23 mil for 1 year and mcnair will not settle for less than $12 mil. its a foregone conclusion.

Suitanim
05-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Yup...haven't I said as much for awhile now?

McNair will be a ratbird.

MasterOfPuppets
05-06-2006, 02:18 AM
a healthy ravens team with a healthy mcnair will be good. i for one, wont be sleeping on them and the steelers will know better to take them lightly. they better not. they have beaten the steelers twice in the past 2 years.
the voice of reasoning...the ratbirds will be a much better team with mcnair than they were last year with boller. they may not be a contender,but they shouldn't be a team taken lightly.every dog has it's day....

SteelShooter
05-06-2006, 02:41 AM
Ya'll are definitely right. Steve is not the player of yesteryear, but he is such a vaste improvement (or will be) for the Ravens over Boller. He will bring more consistency and a heck of a lot more experience to that drowning team in Baltimore.

j-dawg
05-06-2006, 03:51 AM
Are you still mad at me, j-dawg, for exposing your 7th horrible first round pick in a row?

i'm not mad at ya suit... but do you think braylon was a bad pick?

BlackNGold203
05-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Ya'll are definitely right. Steve is not the player of yesteryear, but he is such a vaste improvement (or will be) for the Ravens over Boller. He will bring more consistency and a heck of a lot more experience to that drowning team in Baltimore.

You guys are all assuming that THE EGO (Billick) will actually admit that Boller sucks and start McNair. Billick is in love with Boller (in more ways than one I think)...Billick will let the Ratbird ship sink way before he admits he was wrong about pretty boy Boller.