PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez's 17-Year-Old Lady Friend Has Found A Lawyer

Atlanta Dan
02-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Looking forward to Goodell's response to this:chuckle:

So we've been working on a story the last couple weeks about Mark Sanchez's romancing of a 17-year-old girl. She reached out to us first and agreed to cooperate. Then she didn't. Then she did again. Now, of course, her lawyer has contacted us.

http://deadspin.com/5752262/mark-sanchezs-17+year+old-lady-friend-has-found-a-lawyer

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2011, 05:14 PM
dirty sanchez's ride.

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/370966-strangers_candy.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.electricretard.com/comics/candy_from_strangers_01.png

El Nino
02-05-2011, 05:38 PM
'Statutory Sanchez' has a nice ring to it

Atlanta Dan
02-05-2011, 06:13 PM
17 is legal in New York, which is why the attorney who wrote that amusing (at least to me) letter to Deadspin was playing the moral indignation card about his client having engaged in no illegal activity while being hounded by Deadspin when she should be "worrying about her college applications and enjoying her senior year of high school":chuckle:

Since Goodell has decided to become the morality police whether a crime was committed presumably should make no difference

Maybe Sanchez can take the girl to her prom

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2011, 07:03 PM
feel free to drop this on jets boards.

/]http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/755/candyfromstrangers01.jpg

steeltheone
02-06-2011, 11:21 AM
i want to see a pic of this chickie!

NCBlackWolf
02-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Oh C'mon, all he did is wipe a booger on her...

That's still legal, right?

mesaSteeler
02-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Conn. Teen Admits to Sexual Encounter With New York Jets Quarterback Mark Sanchez
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/02/09/new-york-jets-quarterback-allegedly-dating-year-old-girl/?test=latestnews
Published February 09, 2011

A 17-year-old Greenwich, Conn., high school student who bragged online that she had sex with New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez, reportedly says the 24-year-old NFL star knew she was only a teenager when the two "hooked up" at a New York City nightclub last month.

Eliza Kruger, the daughter of wealthy Connecticut hedge fund manager Konrad "Chip" Kruger, came forward Wednesday to confirm various reports of their relationship, according to a report in the sports website Deadspin.com.

Eliza reportedly bragged on Facebook about texts from "MARK F–ING SANCHEZ," who she reportedly met on New Year's Eve at the nightclub Lavo.

"You know I'm 17, right?" the teen says she told Sanchez, who reportedly replied: "We can still talk, but I can't see you until you're 18."

The teen says she then told Sanchez: "17 is legal in New York."

The website reported that Kruger made sure to research the legal age for dating a minor before the encounter — 17 in New York and 16 in New Jersey.

She claims Sanchez, who gave her tickets to a Jets game against the Buffalo Bills, asked her on a date, and the two ended up spending the night at his New Jersey mansion.

"We went back to his place in Jersey after dinner," she told the website. "He lives on a golf course. There was a big storm."

The teen says Sanchez last texted her at 2 a.m. on Jan. 24, after the Jets loss to the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game -- but, she insists she hasn't seen him since their one-night stand.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/02/09/new-york-jets-quarterback-allegedly-dating-year-old-girl/#ixzz1DYniFP3z

mesaSteeler
02-10-2011, 08:39 AM
(Well this keeps getting better and better. Hey Saint Goodell where's the NFL investigation? - mesa)

Sanchez's teen gal pal partied with mom; Mark 'thought she was 18'

By REBECCA ROSENBERG in Greenwich, Conn., and EMILY SMITH and DAN MANGAN in NY

Last Updated: 9:24 AM, February 10, 2011

Posted: 12:57 AM, February 10, 2011

Like mother, like daughter.

The rich, preppy Connecticut mom of 17-year-old Eliza Kruger -- who said she "hooked up" with star Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez after meeting him at a Manhattan nightclub -- "likes to party" on occasion with her sexy daughter, sources said yesterday.

"Eliza has been going to clubs since she was 15, sometimes with her mom," blond Greenwich divorcée Marie McCormick Kruger, a night life source told The Post.

"A lot of the club guys in the city know her mom well," the source said.

Eliza said she "hooked up" with Sanchez, 24, at his New Jersey home several days after meeting him on New Year's Eve at the Manhattan nightclub Lavo, according to Deadspin.com, which did not identify her by name.

The Web site also posted photos of a mussed-up bed and rooms featuring football-related memorabilia that the Greenwich HS senior reportedly offered as "proof" of her get-together with the hunky Sanchez. And they quoted Eliza as saying that Sanchez, after that tryst, sometimes sent her text messages as late as 2 a.m. asking her if she was out, even on school nights.

In downtown Old Greenwich yesterday, Eliza told The Post, "I really have nothing to say, I can't talk about it," when asked about her rendezvous with Sanchez. She looked ready to cry when asked if she regretted talking to Deadspin.

Her dad is multimillionaire Greenwich financier Konrad "Chip" Kruger. He and Marie had four kids together including Eliza before divorcing in 2006 after years of marital turmoil.

According to their di vorce decision, which found neither party at fault, Marie Kruger in the mid-1990s flirted with and "kissed one or two times" a "gentle man" she had met at a local watering hole. In July 2005, the decision said, Chip Kruger "learned that she had slept with her rowing coach" while the Krugers were attempting a reconciliation.

The court found that both parties contributed to difficulties, including a two-year affair by Chip Kruger.

Marie Kruger said, "No comment," when a reporter tried to ask about the mother-daughter club hopping.

The nightlife source also told The Post that Eliza "recently has been hanging out with a promoter who works with a lot of the clubs, and who introduced her to Mark."

"But even he thought she was 18," the source said. "She looks a lot older when she's all dressed up for a night out."

A second club-land source said that when "Eliza met Mark on New Year's Eve, he was actually out with a girlfriend at the time. But he managed to get her number anyway."

Several sources said that weeks ago, Eliza was turned away from the door of Juliet Supper Club in Chelsea.

Sanchez and several Jets were partying at Juliet on Jan. 24, hours after losing the AFC Championship Game in Pittsburgh, but it was not clear if that was the night of Eliza's aborted visit.

Additional reporting by Perry Chiaramonte in Stamford, Conn.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jet_set_party_mom_aCxVsCzSVKGThZYAhfNPTN#ixzz1DZBw 5ryG

(Here's a picture of the who*re. - mesa)

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/02/09/ElizaKruger_SIPA_620x350.jpg

SteelersinCA
02-10-2011, 10:16 AM
I really dont understand why this is a story, it's not illegal, it makes him a creeper nothing more.

SteelCityMom
02-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Not only is it not illegal, but some are taking a 17 year old spoiled rich girls word as gospel.

If he did it, he's a creeper for sure, but not a criminal. The story just reeks of TMZ fodder and attention who.ring teenage girl to me though.

MasterOfPuppets
02-10-2011, 10:46 AM
jerry seinfeld was dating a 17 year old :noidea:

4xSBChamps
02-10-2011, 11:26 AM
... HEY, little-girl, I got licorice in the car!!!
http://www.electricretard.com/comics/candy_from_strangers_01.png

... wanna see my AFC Championship Game Runner-Up gift-certificate to the Golden Corral???

(Well this keeps getting better and better. Hey Saint Goodell where's the NFL investigation? - mesa)

"But even he thought she was 18," the source said. "She looks a lot older when she's all dressed up for a night out."

"... that'll be taken into-consideration...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Goodellonthephone.jpg

... Sanchez has never done this before, correct???"

A second club-land source said that when "Eliza met Mark on New Year's Eve, he was actually out with a girlfriend at the time. But he managed to get her number anyway."

"... there IS no penalty...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/NFLOfficial.jpg

... he signed both girls' jerseys..."

GMU Steeler
02-10-2011, 12:12 PM
It's certainly creepy I'd say. I'm a couple years younger than Sanchez and six years out of high school. Can't even imagine going out with a 17 year old. I do wonder if Sanchez will get the hatred that Ben has gotten though. Didn't Jets fans do a stupid chant when Goodell announced our draft pick this year?

4xSBChamps
02-10-2011, 12:21 PM
... Didn't Jets fans do a stupid chant...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JESTfans.jpg

... do they know any-other type of chant?

Atlanta Dan
02-10-2011, 12:51 PM
jerry seinfeld was dating a 17 year old :noidea:

Seinfeld's' conduct would be comparable to that of Sanchez if Seinfeld had not been suspended by the Commissioner of NBC for violating amorphous criteria regarding off the show behavior (which would have required George, Elaine, and Kramer to carry the show for the first month of the fall season) after Ted Danson had been suspended from Cheers the previous season for for 6 shows (reduced to 4 shows for good behavior) as the first TV star to be suspended by the NBC Commissioner for off the show misconduct not involving an arrest or failed drug test.:chuckle:

GMU Steeler
02-10-2011, 12:55 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JESTfans.jpg

... do they know any-other type of chant?

Haha seriously I remember hearing that they shouted "She said no" while Goodell was making the pick.

4xSBChamps
02-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Haha seriously I remember hearing that they shouted "She said no" while Goodell was making the pick.

I have an idea what Steeler fans can chant

kdoMFknKlTI

SteelersinCA
02-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Seinfeld's' conduct would be comparable to that of Sanchez if Seinfeld had not been suspended by the Commissioner of NBC for violating amorphous criteria regarding off the show behavior (which would have required George, Elaine, and Kramer to carry the show for the first month of the fall season) after Ted Danson had been suspended from Cheers the previous season for for 6 shows (reduced to 4 shows for good behavior) as the first TV star to be suspended by the NBC Commissioner for off the show misconduct not involving an arrest or failed drug test.:chuckle:

I do think there are some distinctions here, Sanchez's conduct, even if he did it, violates nothing. Ben's conduct is most certainly illegal if he did it. I don't think the NFL can legislate who it's athletes can or cannot date or bang when both parties consent.

4xSBChamps
02-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I do think there are some distinctions here, Sanchez's conduct, even if he did it, violates nothing. Ben's conduct is most certainly illegal if he did it. I don't think the NFL can legislate who it's athletes can or cannot date or bang when both parties consent.
'legislate', no... but Ms. Goodell has taken the approach that he can determine what-act, and who has, brought shame to the League, then act as prosecuter, judge & jury at the trial, with the accused having no means of appeal:
if das Fuhrer thinks it hurts the League's image when a 24 year-old player accepts a proposition from a 17 year-old female, by the precedent he has set, he must investigate & punish that player

Atlanta Dan
02-10-2011, 08:41 PM

"Most certainly illegal if he did it" is a pretty loose standard for disciplining someone

Ben was disciplined for something for which there was no finding of probable cause let alone a finding he had done anything illegal, which Gooodell conceded when he wrote to Roethlisberger "The Personal Conduct Policy makes clear that I may impose discipline 'even where the conduct does not result in conviction of a crime."

Once you go down the slippery slope of deciding to discipline someone without at least a finding of probable cause that would have supported an arrest, you can discipline someone for anything that reflects adversely on the league - parents of high school girls might think a NFL QB having sex with someone he knows is barely above the age of consent and in high school fits that disciplinary "standard"

The only "fact" supported by credible evidence is that Roethlisberger is a pig (I think what he did in Milledgeville was deplorable) - if that is the subjective standard for what supports a suspension it arguably can be applied to Sanchez

Just George
02-10-2011, 09:41 PM
the precedent Goody set was he had the right to discipline for actions that reflect poorly on the image of the NFL. Sanchez's guilt or innocence is really not the issue when it comes to discipline by the league.

The NFL's Code of Conduct
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Below is the NFL's Code of Conduct policy:
Personal Conduct Policy
All persons associated with the NFL are required to avoid "conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League." This requirement applies to players, coaches, other team employees, owners, game officials and all others privileged to work in the National Football League.
For many years, it has been well understood that rules promoting lawful, ethical, and responsible conduct serve the interests of the League, its players, and fans. Illegal or irresponsible conduct does more than simply tarnish the offender. It puts innocent people at risk, sullies the reputation of others involved in the game, and undermines public respect and support for the NFL.

Standard of Conduct:

While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime. Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances:
•Criminal offenses including, but not limited to, those involving: the use or threat of violence; domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft and other property crimes; sex offenses; obstruction or resisting arrest; disorderly conduct; fraud; racketeering; and money laundering;
•Criminal offenses relating to steroids and prohibited substances, or substances of abuse;
•Violent or threatening behavior among employees, whether in or outside the workplace;
•Possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting, including but not limited to stadiums, team facilities, training camp, locker rooms, team planes, buses, parking lots, etc., or unlawful possession of a weapon outside of the workplace;
•Conduct that imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person; and
•Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10111...#ixzz1Aj8Mm9LL

You are going to argue that Mark having sex with a 17 year old HIGH SCHOOL girl does not put at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL? REALLY

Goodell did not fine Favre for his conduct earlier in the year,instead Favre was fined for in effect "lying to the NFL", It has been stated that there was not enough proof to determine if Favre violated the Code of Conduct. WELL that is bull, The FACT is there was more evidence of wrong doing in this incident then in the Ben incident. In the Ben case there were conflicting statements, no physical evidence etc. In Favre's case there were voicemails, text messages and pictures. He will probably not Fine or suspend Marky Mark either and here we have a girl who said they had sex, provided pictures of sanchez's house (allegedly) now I don't want to rush to judgement but Goodell better invetigate this and IF it is true if he wants to upheld the reputation of the NFL he needs to do SOMETHING

and if Goody does not do anything about this situation HE is not following the Code of Conduct himself

"All persons associated with the NFL are required to avoid "conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League.""

His blatant hypocisy in how he handled Favre and any similar mishandling of Sanchez erodes my confidence in the league.

As a father of a 17 year old daughter I DARN well think this is wrong regardless of what whether it is illegal or not.

Just George
02-10-2011, 09:45 PM
and here is part of Goody's letter to Ben..

excerpts from Goodell's letter to the Steelers quarterback:
• "I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you. My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans."

If Mark did in fact have sex with a 17 year old girl is that consistent witht values of the league or the expectations of our fans

4xSBChamps
02-10-2011, 09:49 PM
You are going to argue that Mark having sex with a 17 year old HIGH SCHOOL girl does not put at risk the integrity adn reputaiton of hte NFL? REALLY

... if Goody does not do anything about this situation HE is not following the Code of Conduct himself

His blatant hypocisy in how he handled Favre and any similar mishandling of Sanchez erodes my confidence in the league.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/KipWinger-MarkSanchez.jpg

"... she's only seventeen..."

Just George
02-10-2011, 09:54 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/KipWinger-MarkSanchez.jpg

"... she's only seventeen..."

Friggen KIP WINGER :)

SteelersinCA
02-10-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm not trying to convince you Goodell is not a hypocrite. I'm merely stating I don't think it's an issue. I really don't think it affects the integrity of the league much at all. In order to prove my point I will just refer you to the fact that Sanchez plays in the single largest media market in all of the known universe and the media certainly isn't taking off and running with it. Don't think for one instant they wouldn't just because he plays for the jets. NY routinely gobbles its own alive.

If the media thought it was a big deal, it would be, that's the world we live in. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks it's a non-issue. There are 18 year olds in high school too, does that one year make a difference? There are 17 year olds in college as well, is it the high school part that offends you? Or is just that you are pissed about Ben getting caught with his dick out?

Just George
02-11-2011, 06:25 AM
I'm not trying to convince you Goodell is not a hypocrite. I'm merely stating I don't think it's an issue. I really don't think it affects the integrity of the league much at all. In order to prove my point I will just refer you to the fact that Sanchez plays in the single largest media market in all of the known universe and the media certainly isn't taking off and running with it. Don't think for one instant they wouldn't just because he plays for the jets. NY routinely gobbles its own alive.

If the media thought it was a big deal, it would be, that's the world we live in. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks it's a non-issue. There are 18 year olds in high school too, does that one year make a difference? There are 17 year olds in college as well, is it the high school part that offends you? Or is just that you are pissed about Ben getting caught with his dick out?

well in the spirit of full disclosure, I am a Colts fan. I think the situation Ben put himself in was stupid.

My issue in this case are numerous, but when it comes to Goodell it is this. HE set himself up as the final arbiter of policing the morality of the NFL. Ben was never charged or convicted henceforth in the eyes of the law "not guilty". Goodell took it on himself to say that due to the expectations of the league and its fan base Ben's actions were morally reprehensible and deserving of punishment. Since that was the case I believe to be consistent when other players engage in equally concerning behavior they too should be disciplined.

I do not have a problem with Ben's suspension, He got stupid for putting himself in a position where just the allegations were severe enough to prompt Goodell to act, but he served his supsension, got the eval and everything else the Leauge demanded. However for Goodell to basically give other players passes when/if morally questionable behaviors comes up is wrong.

SteelersinCA
02-11-2011, 11:09 AM
well in the spirit of full disclosure, I am a Colts fan. I think the situation Ben put himself in was stupid.

My issue in this case are numerous, but when it comes to Goodell it is this. HE set himself up as the final arbiter of policing the morality of the NFL. Ben was never charged or convicted henceforth in the eyes of the law "not guilty". Goodell took it on himself to say that due to the expectations of the league and its fan base Ben's actions were morally reprehensible and deserving of punishment. Since that was the case I believe to be consistent when other players engage in equally concerning behavior they too should be disciplined.

I do not have a problem with Ben's suspension, He got stupid for putting himself in a position where just the allegations were severe enough to prompt Goodell to act, but he served his supsension, got the eval and everything else the Leauge demanded. However for Goodell to basically give other players passes when/if morally questionable behaviors comes up is wrong.

I agree with mostly everything you say, but you say "equally" like you get to decide when he should act. I'm not so sure many people find Sanchez's actions morally reprehensible. The only gauge I really can think of to measure that is the media's reaction to it. Most Americans are too ignorant to think for themselves so they just go along with the media, but that's another topic for another time.

Even if we said all questionable behavior should be punished there is certainly a sliding scale of punishments for behavior determined to be more morally reprehensible. I argued this with Favre as well. I don't expect to come on here and find views unbiased for Ben but all you have to do is go to any major news outlet and see that no one cares about Sanchez giving a 17 year old the business. Doesn't make it right or wrong in my eyes, just tells me it's not such a big deal.

Wallace108
02-11-2011, 11:29 AM
all you have to do is go to any major news outlet and see that no one cares about Sanchez giving a 17 year old the business. Doesn't make it right or wrong in my eyes, just tells me it's not such a big deal.

I wonder if the media would think it's a major story if it was discovered that Ben was having sex with a 17-year-old girl. :scratchchin:

SteelersinCA
02-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I wonder if the media would think it's a major story if it was discovered that Ben was having sex with a 17-year-old girl. :scratchchin:

Given his history, yes. I bet they would.

Just George
02-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Given his history, yes. I bet they would.

ok how about Sanchez's history?

Southern California backup quarterback Mark Sanchez was released from jail early Thursday following his arrest for investigation of sexually assaulting a female student, authorities said.

Sanchez, 19, was released shortly after midnight after posting $200,000 bail, said Los Angeles County sheriff's Deputy Ban Nguyen.

He was arrested around 4 p.m. Wednesday at an apartment complex near campus, Los Angeles police Officer Jason Lee said. No other details were immediately available.

USC officials said they will temporarily suspend Sanchez while police conduct their investigation.

"The university takes charges of sexual assault seriously," Michael Jackson, USC vice president of student affairs, said in a statement. "Depending on the facts as established by the LAPD, we will determine the appropriate action. In the interim, the student will be placed on interim suspension while the case is pending."

USC coach Pete Carroll said he was aware of Sanchez's arrest and that the Trojan football program would cooperate with police and "follow along with whatever action the university takes."

Sanchez is listed on the Trojans' depth chart as the backup to John David Booty, but was expected to battle for the starting job this fall. Booty practiced only once this spring before he injured his back and had to undergo surgery.

Sanchez, a redshirt freshman, played the recent spring scrimmage and has been practicing with the first unit.

His arrest was one of several off-field problems for USC within the last year. However, no charges were brought in the other cases.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2423430

People seem to forget that Marky Mark has a history too. If allegations and history alone are enough to move Goodell to action then that should be the standard here too.

as always this is only my opinion, it just happens to be the right one :)

SteelersinCA
02-11-2011, 11:34 PM
ok how about Sanchez's history?

Southern California backup quarterback Mark Sanchez was released from jail early Thursday following his arrest for investigation of sexually assaulting a female student, authorities said.

Sanchez, 19, was released shortly after midnight after posting $200,000 bail, said Los Angeles County sheriff's Deputy Ban Nguyen.

He was arrested around 4 p.m. Wednesday at an apartment complex near campus, Los Angeles police Officer Jason Lee said. No other details were immediately available.

USC officials said they will temporarily suspend Sanchez while police conduct their investigation.

"The university takes charges of sexual assault seriously," Michael Jackson, USC vice president of student affairs, said in a statement. "Depending on the facts as established by the LAPD, we will determine the appropriate action. In the interim, the student will be placed on interim suspension while the case is pending."

USC coach Pete Carroll said he was aware of Sanchez's arrest and that the Trojan football program would cooperate with police and "follow along with whatever action the university takes."

Sanchez is listed on the Trojans' depth chart as the backup to John David Booty, but was expected to battle for the starting job this fall. Booty practiced only once this spring before he injured his back and had to undergo surgery.

Sanchez, a redshirt freshman, played the recent spring scrimmage and has been practicing with the first unit.

His arrest was one of several off-field problems for USC within the last year. However, no charges were brought in the other cases.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2423430

People seem to forget that Marky Mark has a history too. If allegations and history alone are enough to move Goodell to action then that should be the standard here too.

as always this is only my opinion, it just happens to be the right one :)

Why are you trying to argue with me? I don't decide what's important for the media. Do you disagree the media has deemed this Sanchez thing not important?

Sexual assault is a very broad term; which happens to encompass rape. He could have grabbed a titty or some chic's ass. Who knows, the story went away for whatever reason. Regardless, Sanchez has done what while in the NFL?

Both of Ben's transgressions were while he was in the NFL. In both cases he said he had consensual sexual contact with these women. That's a lot different than playing grab ass.

What do you want me to do about it? I'll tell you what, I'll write a letter to the editor, you can send it to as many news agencies you want to to see if they jump on it. :hug:

Just George
02-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Why are you trying to argue with me? I don't decide what's important for the media. Do you disagree the media has deemed this Sanchez thing not important?

Sexual assault is a very broad term; which happens to encompass rape. He could have grabbed a titty or some chic's ass. Who knows, the story went away for whatever reason. Regardless, Sanchez has done what while in the NFL?

Both of Ben's transgressions were while he was in the NFL. In both cases he said he had consensual sexual contact with these women. That's a lot different than playing grab ass.

What do you want me to do about it? I'll tell you what, I'll write a letter to the editor, you can send it to as many news agencies you want to to see if they jump on it. :hug:

I am not arguing with YOU, I am arguing a statement. I believe that it is egregious that the NFL has not acted consistently in the incidents around the morality issues. Goodell had no problem in stating that while Ben did not break any law his actions were inconsistent with the values of the league and its fans. How did he know that, BASED ON HIS OPINON. He then ignores the Favre mess, then sweeps it away. NOT even commenting on the allegations of improper actions. Now with the Sanchez issue I am jsut waiting to see if Goodell will step up and make a statement that to the majority of Fans believe having sex with a child (Regardless of age of consent this girl is still a child SHE IS NOT AN ADULT) this behaviors is improper and deserving of discipline. Or he can say I have investigated this and its all cool sexing up a 17 year old is exactly what the NFL is about.

To do nothing is to damage the credibility of the league COC.

also as to the issue that "well the media doesn't think this is a big deal so it is a non issue" sorry that is just intellectual laziness. If I took my Values and Beliefs from the media that would be a sad day. No one should set the bar that low and say I will only have an opinion on something that the media deems is an issue.

I am here discussing this because it interest me, I don't need to convince anyone to change there mind I just like to debate :)

No hostility, no animosity. we can both have our own opinions, but as previously stated mine is right. :)

SteelersinCA
02-13-2011, 11:41 AM
I am not arguing with YOU, I am arguing a statement. I believe that it is egregious that the NFL has not acted consistently in the incidents around the morality issues. Goodell had no problem in stating that while Ben did not break any law his actions were inconsistent with the values of the league and its fans. How did he know that, BASED ON HIS OPINON. He then ignores the Favre mess, then sweeps it away. NOT even commenting on the allegations of improper actions. Now with the Sanchez issue I am jsut waiting to see if Goodell will step up and make a statement that to the majority of Fans believe having sex with a child (Regardless of age of consent this girl is still a child SHE IS NOT AN ADULT) this behaviors is improper and deserving of discipline. Or he can say I have investigated this and its all cool sexing up a 17 year old is exactly what the NFL is about.

To do nothing is to damage the credibility of the league COC.

also as to the issue that "well the media doesn't think this is a big deal so it is a non issue" sorry that is just intellectual laziness. If I took my Values and Beliefs from the media that would be a sad day. No one should set the bar that low and say I will only have an opinion on something that the media deems is an issue.

I am here discussing this because it interest me, I don't need to convince anyone to change there mind I just like to debate :)

No hostility, no animosity. we can both have our own opinions, but as previously stated mine is right. :)

If you think it's a sad day that we take our values and beliefs from the media, then welcome to a sad day. You may not, I may not, but the majority of America does. That is the reality of it. I really don't think Ben's punishment was solely based on his opinion alone. But if you want to think that, ask yourself, how does he form his opinion? Do you think he's just sitting there thinking, this sounds good to me or is he saying, damn the media is all over this I have to do something.

Let's just say you and I agree on the basic premise that Sanchez was acting morally questionable. Should Goodell do something about it, sure. Is it hypocritical of him not to, maybe. But if we're the only two people upset about it, do you really think Goodell is going to do something about it? What damage to the shield is being done if two jackasses care? You could also look to twitter to find out if people care, no one is saying boo about it. I bet if you took a poll and asked Americans what is more concerning to them, a guy that may or may not have raped two women or a guy having sex with a 17 year old who is of legal age of consent, they'll go with the potential rapist. To argue otherwise is intellectual ignorance. We only have to look at the public's reaction to Ben and Sanchez, as they say the proof is in the pudding.

It's pretty simple really, it only reflects poorly on the shield if people care about it. As you correctly point out, sadly, they don't because they take their cue from the media. It's not intellectual laziness, it's the truth. We can talk about shoulds, ifs, and buts all we want but that still doesn't mean we won our 7th super bowl or that Manning has won his 2nd.

I really don't care what an NFL player does in his personal life, so I'm not getting upset at all when one of them doesn't get punished. Similarly, Sanchez didn't even come close to breaking any laws or violating any standards of workplace practice (Favre). So I really, don't think he should be punished. Do I, personally, think what he did was wrong? It's pretty sketchy, but I don't believe in pushing my morals on someone else.

steelerchad
02-17-2011, 07:42 AM

Why not?
That's exactly what the NFL did with Ben. When there is no proof you can't punish by law. Charges were dropped against Ben so Goodell stated that it's all about protecting the shield. If you tarnish the shield, then you pay a price. So basically, if someone accuses you of doing a crime, whether you did it or not you can be suspended. Ben's suspension was for tarnishing the shield by getting drunk and having an encounter with a 20 year old girl in a bathroom. Not illegal, but most NFL fans would not approve. Sanchez picking up a 17 year old in a club, knowing she was still in high school and taking her back to his place and banging her is not illegal, but I think most NFL fans would also disapprove of this behavior.
Goodell opened up a big can of worms with the way he handled the Ben situation. Now where do you go from here? 2 years ago, I wouldn't have thought that Sanchez should be suspended for this, but now there is a precident for bad behavior.