PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fever Class Act

Packerstud
02-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Well thanks for putting up with me the last two weeks or so. It's great to visit opponents boards where I can engage in intelligent football talk with some good humored banter.

I've found both here so my props to you all! Great fans, great forum!

My true thoughts on the game;

You won't be able to stop Rodgers and our air attack. 300+ yards- 4 TDs 1 of them rushing.

Pouncey being out will allow Capers and crew to reek havoc on your line all day. You'll rush for 100+ yards but your passing game will be shut down by our rush. Ben will have a lot of rushing yards but low passing yards and a couple of picks.

Your offense just won't be able to score, a lot like the second half of the Jets game.

I respect the Steelers, I respect the Fans, I just don/t think you know how truly great of a team we are.

Good Luck!

FanSince72
02-05-2011, 03:26 PM
In this world, there are winners and there are losers.

Here's hoping you're one of them!

harrison'samonster
02-05-2011, 03:26 PM
the only way I see Rodgers getting 300 yrds plus 4 TDs is if it's a blow out, or the Packers get down big-time and have to play catch-up. I don't really see either of those happening.

The thing about the way Ben plays, we don't really need to put up a lot of big drives or big yardage. The steelers just score when they need to.

tony hipchest
02-05-2011, 03:27 PM
nice to have you here. :hatsoff:

the packers are the most formidable opponent the steelers have faced in the SB since XXX. ive been a fan for years and it has been forever since ive seen them put together a dominant and perfect game (much like GB did vs. atlanta).

i think they finally do that on sunday. a loss is not an option. :tt02:

Atlanta Dan
02-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Well thanks for putting up with me the last two weeks or so. It's great to visit opponents boards where I can engage in intelligent football talk with some good humored banter.

You won't be able to stop Rodgers and our air attack. 300+ yards- 4 TDs 1 of them rushing.

Pouncey being out will allow Capers and crew to reek havoc on your line all day. You'll rush for 100+ yards but your passing game will be shut down by our rush. Ben will have a lot of rushing yards but low passing yards and a couple of picks.

Your offense just won't be able to score, a lot like the second half of the Jets game.

I respect the Steelers, I respect the Fans, I just don/t think you know how truly great of a team we are.

Good Luck!

:sofunny:

Giving credit where credit is due, congrats for going out with this post above with the same understated humility and objective analysis of this game that you exhibited when we were first introduced to you and throughout your posts over the past 2 weeks

:drink:

StainlessStill
02-05-2011, 03:30 PM
The Steelers have won the SAME way, consistently ALL year. We are not going to change a thing. We are going to come out, get after the quarterback, force some errant throws, slam people in the backfield, and hit in the open field regardless if Rodgers throws for 300 or not. I know one thing, if they can't protect Rodgers, game over.

Green Bay on the other hand, has been UP AND DOWN all season long. Very in-consistent and barely even beat a 3rd string, Chicago QB. Get to Rodgers, he is a QB we prey on. If not, game on. To say we don't have that great of a team compared to yours is a ridiculous statement. We are both in the Super Bowl for a reason, lets act like it. Either team can blow the other out respectively.

Packerstud
02-05-2011, 03:39 PM
To say we don't have that great of a team compared to yours is a ridiculous statement. We are both in the Super Bowl for a reason, lets act like it. Either team can blow the other out respectively.

The Steelers in my opinion are a very good team, the best in the AFC. I do not think they can go toe to toe with the Packers. If this game turns into a blow out it will be the Packers offense on top. The Steelers simply can't put up the points we can.

I mean no disrespect here, these are just my view points on the game.

If the Steelers can get to Rodgers early and often it will be enough to keep you in the game. But not enough to win.

El Nino
02-05-2011, 03:42 PM
if detroit can go toe to toe with the packers, I'm sure pittsburgh can.

like i tell every visiting fan:

'bad luck to you, i wanna win this' ;)

btw what makes you think he can throw 4 TD's on the steelers defense? has he done that to a good defense all year? no. why now?

harrison'samonster
02-05-2011, 03:42 PM
the Steelers aren't the best in the AFC. according to the talking heads, the Jets were better than us. And the Patriots were better than the Jets. The Ravens and the Bengals were better than us too.

I really have know idea how we got to this game. Come to think of it, our season should have been over in the 1st 4 games. We really do suck.

El Nino
02-05-2011, 03:43 PM
the Steelers aren't the best in the AFC. according to the talking heads, the Jets were better than us. And the Patriots were better than the Jets. The Ravens and the Bengals were better than us too.

I really have know idea how we got to this game. Come to think of it, our season should have been over in the 1st 4 games. We really do suck.

yeah man we have no chance, might as well not play the game already.

tell the team to fly back! nothing to see here! :chuckle:

Farrior_roirraW
02-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Green Bay on the other hand, has been UP AND DOWN all season long. Very in-consistent and barely even beat a 3rd string, Chicago QB.

They did lose to a 3rd stringer this season, though, in Drew Stanton. :chuckle:

stb_steeler
02-05-2011, 03:49 PM
The Steelers in my opinion are a very good team, the best in the AFC. I do not think they can go toe to toe with the Packers. If this game turns into a blow out it will be the Packers offense on top. The Steelers simply can't put up the points we can.

If the Steelers can get to Rodgers early and often it will be enough to keep you in the game. But not enough to win.

Hmmmm.....last minute confidence. :popcorn:

El Nino
02-05-2011, 03:51 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQihI60eDNNsbHfjpMuPjfuRTi2YZWRi eK22EXnPfyvzBqyvGdUBQ&t=1

My prediction: Mendenhall goes over 150 yards and wins the MVP. Rodgers doesn't see the field as often as he'd like to, and the pack gets held under 20 pts

Wallace burns shields for a big play or 2. Coaching staff realizes they're idiots for putting a rookie on mike wallace thinking speed is his only trick

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2011, 03:54 PM
I just don/t think you know how truly great of a team we are.

Good Luck!

Likewise

El Nino
02-05-2011, 03:55 PM
^ oh yeah another prediction you're gonna change your name to dino 7 rings after this game

SoCalFan
02-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks for that.I wish I could say I had the same treatment at packerforum.After 2 posts talking Xs & Os,i got jumped and never went back.A bunch of morons.Not all but most!

BritishSteel
02-05-2011, 03:58 PM

Good Luck!

I'm sure you were thinking the same when Chad Haine was flinging it all over the park in the second half of the NFC Championship game - you really think Ben will do worse? Really?

The Packers are a fine team not to be taken lightly. If you think the Steelers aren't, and do, you'll lose. Simple as that.

And nice to have you around! :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2011, 03:59 PM

right cause the # 10 scoring offense of Green Bay at 24.2 per game is going to just run away from the #12 scoring offense of Pittsburgh at 23.4 per game.

funny...but I feel like I'm looking at a one trick pony in the Packers...all passing stats...just like the Colts last year, the Cardinals the year before and the Patriots the year before that...

how did not having a Running Game work out for the those teams?

stb_steeler
02-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks for that.I wish I could say I had the same treatment at packerforum.After 2 posts talking Xs & Os,i got jumped and never went back.A bunch of morons.Not all but most!

Yeah as the game gets closer they got worse over there.....:doh:

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-05-2011, 04:35 PM
* 12-4 in the AFC > 10-6 in the NFC
* Got beat by Detroit 7-3
* Barely squeaked by Chicago's 3rd string QB (Steelers defense is much better, and our offense is much better as well-- if your team struggled against Chicago, they are going to get nuked on Sunday)
* Beat Atlanta-- whoopee, we beat the tar out of them with Dennis Pick Six Dixon at QB and didn't allow Michael Turner to run us over for more than 100 yards rushing like GB did during the regular season.

The experts are talking up Green Bay like they are unstoppable. They compiled slightly better offensive stats in a couple categories, but in the weakest conference, by far.

StainlessStill
02-05-2011, 04:35 PM

That's bigtime disrespect since we put up 31 points on a Baltimore defense in a come from behind victory. If the Steelers can survive beating themselves but yet, coming from behind the way we are so use to doing and BUILT to do, then we are certainly capable of keeping up with a Packers team with virtually 0 running game!

If the Pack get down early and often, then I see us madly teeing off on you guys. Your team is not built to come back from a substantial lead, especially if Rodgers is hitting turf. The Steelers on the other hand, if they are down, there is no doubt in my mind they will be back into the game by the 4th QRT and a potential game winning drive at the end.

I guess it's looking on it from the other side of the others guys fence! Green Bay certainly is no terror and does not create such a mis-match problem for us for you to predict a 24-0 defeat. No way. But good luck, this WILL be the toughest team you've faced all year!

stb_steeler
02-05-2011, 04:46 PM

Good Luck!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7DgXoUWWb4

Pentheon
02-05-2011, 06:12 PM

Good Luck!

I think you're forgetting that about us...remember our defense overall is better than yours

mcg24
02-05-2011, 06:19 PM
I just don/t think you know how truly great of a team we are.

You lost my respect at this part.

El Nino
02-05-2011, 06:25 PM
packerdud is in for some serious letdown lol. poor guy is buying into the media hype

weak-minded sheep i tell you

StainlessStill
02-05-2011, 06:31 PM
packerdud is in for some serious letdown lol. poor guy is buying into the media hype

Thinking your team is better than your opponent in the Super Bowl is one thing, he has every right to think that. But to not acknowledge the Steelers role in this Super Bowl and to not understand the PIERCING threat that this team could crash and destroy all of his hopes and confidence is asking for a serious letdown. For Packerdud, he should hope his team isn't as confident as he is. The Steelers aren't a team to pound your chest over. We make/made a living winning 6 Super Bowl titles for being the big and nasty BULLIES.

mcg24
02-05-2011, 07:04 PM

I'm not sure someone can say the Steelers can't put up points with the Packers when Roethlisberger threw for over 500 yards against them last year. Yeah, neither team is the same, but why would you even think that it's not possible? That's either ignorance, stupidity, or overconfidence. Maybe a combination of all three.

KingsOfTheGridiron
02-05-2011, 08:10 PM
I had a lot of respect for Packers fans and their team before this week. Some, not all, Packers fans are a**holes. I still respect the Packers team though.

Good luck to your team, I think they're going to need it.

SteelBobbleHead
02-05-2011, 09:03 PM

Good Luck!

I love how all the talking heads are bragging up the packers offense and basically stating the Steeler D has no chance. The funny thing is the Steeler D ranked 3rd in passing TD's given up at 15, right behind chicago at 14. New Orleans topped the league at 13 and the packers supoosedly unbreakable secondary gave up 16. Philly gave up a whopping 31 and Atlanta 23. What my point here is the packers haven't exactly faced top notch defenses in the playoffs. Closest they've faced to the Steelers was chicago. There is one major difference between the bear's D and the Steeler's D though, the Steelers get after the QB and hit him better than any team in the league and racked up sacks at nearly 1.5 times the rate the bears did. I like the Steeler's chances regardless of what the talking heads say.
The other thing I continue to hear is how great the packers D is. They haven't faced a team yet in the playoffs who are as balanced as the Steelers are on O. The Steelers played two of the top defenses in the league in the playoffs and moved the ball against both.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, the Steelers are battle tested. I like our chances!!

tanda10506
02-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Rodgers for 300 yards and 3 passing touchdowns against the Steelers. Either you're a complete Homer or you haven't seen the Steelers defense play this last decade.

As for your Defense getting pressure on us because Pouncey is out. Your defense will get pressure on us, they do a good job of that and everybody we play against gets pressure on us. Our O line is a weakness. Only problem is getting pressure on Ben only works about 40% of the time in your favor.

I'd say good luck but I want you to loose, so have fun watching the game and hopefully next year we can have the same conversation.

MikeHaullace
02-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Rodgers for 300 yards and 3 passing touchdowns against the Steelers. Either you're a complete Homer or you haven't seen the Steelers defense play this last decade.

I think the problem is that all he does know is the defense that played against them last season in Pittsburgh's come-from-behind, last second win.

That was the same defense that starred the likes of Joe Burnett, and Tyrone Carter in the secondary.

I will not discredit the possibility of 3 Rodgers TD passes. I just know the probability is slim-to-nil.

mcg24
02-06-2011, 02:56 PM
It's great to visit opponents boards where I can engage in intelligent football talk

Whoa whoa whoa, YOU were not engaged in any intelligent football talk. You may have heard some intelligent football talk, but there was none coming from you.

ETL
02-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerstud
It's great to visit opponents boards where I can engage in intelligent football talk

TROJAN!

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks for visiting with us Packers fans...I might hate you guys tonight, but you're always welcome here. It's been a fun two weeks! 3 1/2 more hours! :drink: