PDA

View Full Version : Latest Ravens Excuse - We Practiced Too Hard

Atlanta Dan
02-05-2011, 05:02 PM
This from The Baltimore Sun

Mike Preston: Issue with practices

During the week leading up to the Pittsburgh playoff game, some of the players had an issue with head coach John Harbaugh about the length of practices and whether the Ravens had been given the proper amount of time off to rest.

As a team, both sides came to an agreement but there were some tense moments with some players even threatening to go the players' union and the media.

This shouldn't be happening during the biggest week of the season.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/02/mike_preston_issue_with_practices.html?utm_source= feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports_football_ravens+%28Rav ens+Insider%29

For those keeping score at home, since the collapse at Heinz three weeks ago we have seen the Ravens form a circular firing squad with : Ray Lewis saying don't blame the defense; the defensive coordinator leaving to be the D-coordinator at Michigan; the offensive line coach being fired; Zorn being fired as QB coach, Flacco said firing Zorn could be regarded as dissing Flacco; and the players turning on Harbaugh by claiming they were being practiced too hard.

Hope Harbaugh enjoys watching the Super Bowl tomorrow:sofunny:

El Nino
02-05-2011, 05:24 PM
i don't buy that for a second. how you practice is how you play. I'm sure that age old saying still applies in the NFL.

maybe they weren't practicing hard enough lol

tony hipchest
02-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Hope Harbaugh enjoys watching the Super Bowl tomorrow:laughing:

mad props to tj douchmandzadeh for complaining he wasnt a big enough part of the offense only to drop the most imprtant catch in his career.

i hope he saved that towel he cleaned his shoes with to dry his eyes and blow his nose.

NCBlackWolf
02-05-2011, 08:10 PM
That is the same idiot reporter who got Billick's a$$ in a sling because he said he ran practices too soft. Three little bears anyone?

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2011, 08:16 PM
it ain't no wonder ratbird fans are such whiney bitches.

Farrior_roirraW
02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
lol at ravens

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2011, 10:08 PM
had nothing to do with Ben being 7-0 against the Ravens as a starter huh?

or Flacco being eaten alive by our defense now in 2 playoff games, messing up and being a total head case, or for their defense letting up a 3rd and 19 conversion late in the game.

must have been "practice" that caused the loss...sure that's it.

BigRick
02-05-2011, 11:55 PM
What a sorry ass bunch of whiners. I thought you were supposed to be a man to play in the NFL. Maybe next year the Ratbird uniforms should feature skirts. :rofl:

Sixburgher
02-06-2011, 12:35 AM
had nothing to do with Ben being 7-0 against the Ravens as a starter huh?

or Flacco being eaten alive by our defense now in 2 playoff games, messing up and being a total head case, or for their defense letting up a 3rd and 19 conversion late in the game.

must have been "practice" that caused the loss...sure that's it.

Odd, I thought it was because David Johnson "flinched" at the same time the ball was being snapped.

GMU Steeler
02-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Is all Harbaugh and the Ravens have is excuses? It's pathetic really. I have to say. While I found Brian Billick annoying, I don't remember him ever making excuses like John Harbaugh even after that game in 2007 I believe when we absolutely demolished them on national TV.