PDA

View Full Version : Team To Receive Opening Kick-Off

SlackerCSB
02-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Not that I'm a gambling man... but if I were, it seems like Green Bay -110 is the strongest prop bet on the board.

Don't we always defer to get the defense on the field and doesn't GB always take the ball to show off their 'O?

:tt02:

Packerstud
02-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Don't we always defer to get the defense on the field and doesn't GB always take the ball to show off their 'O?

The Packers have deferred this year. They also opened up the game with an onside kick.

PhantomJB93
02-05-2011, 10:19 PM
I do think we need to receive if we win the toss. The way we drove the ball to start the Jets game really set the tone and gave us all the momentum, we need to do that again. As much as I love our defense, we can't risk kicking to Rodgers and letting him short pass his way to the endzone to open things up in this one,

Most games I am a fan of deferring when we win the toss, this game I am not.

LVSteelersfan
02-05-2011, 10:35 PM
I say defer. Rogers will more than likely come out with the jitters on his first series. It could lead to a costly TO right off the bat. Now he could surprise me, but being his first Super Bowl he may have a deer in the headlights look for the first quarter and halfway into the second if the Steelers control the football through the running game.

DFWSTEELERFAN
02-06-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm not sure we defer if we win the toss against GB..:headshake:

MikeHaullace
02-06-2011, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure we defer if we win the toss against GB..:headshake:

Why not?

LVSteelersfan
02-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Why is everyone so scared of the Packer's offense. Our number one defense is going to come out of the gate smoking. Rodgers won't know what hit him on that first series.