PDA

View Full Version : Why the Patriots should be right there

3 to be 4
05-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Light and Koppen coming back make the OL pretty darn deep with how Mankins and Kazur came along last year. That will be a big difference in the running game, especially with the drafting of Mulroney. Watson is a year wiser and should be a star. Brady will get better protection. Jackson will need to contribute and i expect a rookie year from him similar to Branch's in 2002.
the DL is young and strong. a LB will need to be signed after June 1st. But for the first time in a while there will be depth in the secondary. Harrison is coming back. Eric Warfield and Tebucky Jones have been signed. Wilson, Samuel, Gay, and Hobbs are back healthy and solid. If Law signs........

all im saying is.....this should continue to be quite a battle in the AFC, with the Steelers and Patriots making like Celtics-Lakers in the 80's.

BlackNGold203
05-06-2006, 10:30 AM
all im saying is.....this should continue to be quite a battle in the AFC, with the Steelers and Patriots making like Celtics-Lakers in the 80's.

Seeya in the playoffs.....but dont hurt your neck turning around to see where miami is

hardwork
05-06-2006, 10:45 AM
........all im saying is.....this should continue to be quite a battle in the AFC, with the Steelers and Patriots making like Celtics-Lakers in the 80's.

Well, not quite. The Steelers are a long way from being like the Lakers of the 80s, and even though the Patriots have won 3 SBs in the first 6 years of this century you can't compare them to a team like the '85/'86 Celtics. But, I understand your point.

tony hipchest
05-06-2006, 10:52 AM
i see scott piolis final season with the team giving them a little extra motivation too.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-06-2006, 11:26 AM
It should be fun,I see us meeting in another AFC Championship Game and this time we will be coming out on top.

Cape Cod Steel Head
05-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Light and Koppen coming back make the OL pretty darn deep with how Mankins and Kazur came along last year. That will be a big difference in the running game, especially with the drafting of Mulroney. Watson is a year wiser and should be a star. Brady will get better protection. Jackson will need to contribute and i expect a rookie year from him similar to Branch's in 2002.
the DL is young and strong. a LB will need to be signed after June 1st. But for the first time in a while there will be depth in the secondary. Harrison is coming back. Eric Warfield and Tebucky Jones have been signed. Wilson, Samuel, Gay, and Hobbs are back healthy and solid. If Law signs........

all im saying is.....this should continue to be quite a battle in the AFC, with the Steelers and Patriots making like Celtics-Lakers in the 80's.I heard on WEEI that Koppen's arm was really messed up, and he's likely to miss the first 6 games,and if he played any other position his career would be over. Any truth to this ,or is it B.B.blowing smoke up peoples ass*s like usual?

Suitanim
05-06-2006, 06:17 PM
They have Brady, so they'll be competitive, but if Culpepper plays anything like his pre-2005 form, the Dolphins will win the East...although they are aging on D, they are a lot like the Steelers. Good solid D, run the football, and they just need a QB to get them over the hump.

Ambridge
05-06-2006, 06:58 PM
i see scott piolis final season with the team giving them a little extra motivation too.

I heard the Giants might be interested in Pioli since their GM Ernie Accorsi is retiring after this season.

tony hipchest
05-06-2006, 07:11 PM
I heard the Giants might be interested in Pioli since their GM Ernie Accorsi is retiring after this season.piolis dream job is the one accorsi is vacating. it always has been. i could see a move next year, despite his loyalties to the pats.

Suitanim
05-06-2006, 07:19 PM
It also matters that the Pats lost yet another coordinator this offseason on Mangini. I know the fans think that coordinators don't matter in NE, but the rest of the universe knows that the attrition of coordinators year after year eventually takes it's toll.

Ambridge
05-06-2006, 07:26 PM
piolis dream job is the one accorsi is vacating. it always has been. i could see a move next year, despite his loyalties to the pats.

The way the Giants are starting to look on paper that would be a great job to get and to have for the forseeable future.

The Giants are my preseason pick to win the NFC and go to the Superbowl.

Suitanim
05-06-2006, 07:29 PM
The way the Giants are starting to look on paper that would be a great job to get and to have for the forseeable future.

The Giants are my preseason pick to win the NFC and go to the Superbowl.

The Steelers next victim?

Ambridge
05-06-2006, 07:37 PM
The Steelers next victim?

Of course!!

tony hipchest
05-06-2006, 07:49 PM

The Giants are my preseason pick to win the NFC and go to the Superbowl. that would be great. ben would be more comfortable and eli would be facing the sb jitters. ben still has a huge chip on his shoulder where eli is concerned. i hate to see the improvements dallas continues to make, especially on defense. hands down will be a dogfight in the nfc east which should easilly be the most competitive division. and the giants seem to be built for the future, something that will make them very attractive to pioli.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-06-2006, 09:56 PM
As long as Tom Brady is healthy the Pats have to be considered a threat to win the AFC crown. But even some questions remain about their secondary and LB's. Their biggest lost this off season has been Adam Vinatieri. I mean how can you replace the greatest clutch kicker in NFL history. You can't its that simple. Lets face it in the playoffs even though the Pats proved to be a great team. Alot of their games were close and Adam made the big kicks. With the kickers the Pats have signed or drafted I don't see them making the type of kicks Adam did. So I could see the Pats lossing the AFC title game due to a miss kick.

3 to be 4
05-06-2006, 10:00 PM
that would be great. ben would be more comfortable and eli would be facing the sb jitters. ben still has a huge chip on his shoulder where eli is concerned. i hate to see the improvements dallas continues to make, especially on defense. hands down will be a dogfight in the nfc east which should easilly be the most competitive division. and the giants seem to be built for the future, something that will make them very attractive to pioli.

what a fantastic division.
NY Giants,Dallas, Washington,Philadelphia - which one would anyone see NOT making a playoff run this year. Buck and Aikman might as well book their weekends around these teams schedules.

Suitanim
05-06-2006, 10:03 PM
I think they need to worry about just making the playoffs...they've won A LOT of games over the years on the leg of Vinatieri, and now he's gone. Again, Pats fans will somehow state that Belichick's ultimate genius will somehow make his new kicker more accurate and clutch, but the rest of us know that's a big blow to the club.

I think they are in a rebuilding mode, and most prognasticators are just afraid to jump off the bandwagon.

tony hipchest
05-06-2006, 10:10 PM
what a fantastic division.
NY Giants,Dallas, Washington,Philadelphia - which one would anyone see NOT making a playoff run this year. Buck and Aikman might as well book their weekends around these teams schedules.
i really cant pick 1 team out of that division that should miss the playoffs. let alone 2 or 3. one thing we can count on is that they will be beating the hell out of eachother all season. almost seems prescient that both the giants and redskins made the playoffs last season. many feel thet philly (if healthy) will regain form. philly is my fav out of the division but with the lack of a legitimate running game and a #1 wr, i think they are in for a rude awakenning.

3 to be 4
05-06-2006, 10:36 PM
I think they need to worry about just making the playoffs...they've won A LOT of games over the years on the leg of Vinatieri, and now he's gone. Again, Pats fans will somehow state that Belichick's ultimate genius will somehow make his new kicker more accurate and clutch, but the rest of us know that's a big blow to the club.

I think they are in a rebuilding mode, and most prognasticators are just afraid to jump off the bandwagon.

of course Vinatieri is a loss. I just dont see what theyve lost as being more than what theyve gained through what theyve gotten back from injury, FA, and the draft.