PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson vs Terrell Owns

Ohio Steeler
05-06-2006, 10:47 AM
ok who do you dislike more ?

and for me it is Chad Johnson because he is in the AFC North and we have to face his mouth 2 times a year with a 3rd if they make the playoffs and we do the same

Lyn
05-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Terrell Owens has been in the NFL since 1996 and has always held an image as a bad boy in the NFL. He says what he wants, he does what he wants, but he always shows up ready to play. And his list of accomplishments on the field rivals his well-documented record of misbehaving.

http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/a/owensaccomplish.htm

Here is TO's record HIS fifth year in the NFL

2000 - On December 17, Owens set an NFL record with 20 catches for 283 yards against the Chicago Bears, surpassing a 50-year-old mark held by Tom Fears.
2000 - Rebounding from a down 1999 season, Owens set a career high with 97 receptions and 1,451 yards. He also scored 13 touchdowns, and earned a trip to Hawaii for his first Pro Bowl. Check out the above link for the rest of TO's accomplishments.

Chad Johnson is a fifth-year pro fully established his credentials as one of NFL?s elite wideouts, leading AFC in receptions (career-high 97) and receiving yards (Bengals-record 1432) ... Earned third straight Pro Bowl berth, plus first inclusion on Associated Press first-team All-Pro squad ... Scored 9 TDs ... Had career-high 189 receiving yards in Nov. 20 showcase game vs. Indianapolis ... Caught career-high 11 passes in division-clinching win Dec. 18 at Detroit

Did anyone see CJ on the field playing at Superbowl XL? No, I didn't either. For as big as his mouth is you would think he not only played in the Superbowl but won it. Someday maybe but at this point, CJ has not earned the right to carry TO's jock strap

RoethlisBURGHer
05-06-2006, 12:30 PM
At least Owens has played in a Super Bowl.

Chad Johnson runs his mouth about the Steelers but not once last year did he back it up.

Lets look at the stats in his two regular season games:

Receptions: 9
Yards: 149
YAC: 1.8
1st Downs: 6
Touchdowns: 0

Wild Card game vs. Steelers:

Receptions: 4
Yards: 59
Touchdowns: 0

He likes to call himself "Can't Stop 85" but it should be "Can't Stop 85 Unless I Am Facing The Steelers".

SteelerzGirl
05-06-2006, 12:40 PM
I dislike T.O. more. Chad Johnson is just an annoying drama queen/diva, but T.O. is an idiot and ruins everything he touches.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Hey I don't really have a problem with either of them. I don't like CJ since he plays for the Bengals. But he is funny. Lets face its great when he runs is mouth about the Steelers and then looks like a complete jackass when he doesn't back it up against us. I love it. So I hope he keeps talking. Steelers let their play on the field do the talking for them.

I also should mentioned even though T.O. and CJ really don't bother me. I wouldn't want either of them to play for the Steelers. Both wouldn't fit in with our team first concept. So CJ please keep talking and running you mouth. Steelers will always show up on Sundays and put that foot in your mouth or your ass.

Lyn
05-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Hey I don't really have a problem with either of them. I don't like CJ since he plays for the Bengals. But he is funny. Lets face its great when he runs is mouth about the Steelers and then looks like a complete jackass when he doesn't back it up against us. I love it. So I hope he keeps talking. Steelers let their play on the field do the talking for them.

I also should mentioned even though T.O. and CJ really don't bother me. I wouldn't want either of them to play for the Steelers. Both wouldn't fit in with our team first concept. So CJ please keep talking and running you mouth. Steelers will always show up on Sundays and put that foot in your mouth or your ass.

I so agree with you on this topic. TO has made an ass of him a zillion times and his lil bro (CJ) continues. I do not like either one of them in that I do not care for what TO has done nor do I care for CJ simply because he is a Bungles and for absolutely no other reason.

shimmysteelerfan
05-06-2006, 05:21 PM
i give props to TO he doesnt care what anyone thinks, chad is just a punk.

Suitanim
05-06-2006, 06:00 PM
I just wish we could the heart of a true champion like Hines Ward in either one of their bodies...you'd have a receiver that would make Jerry Rice look like Chris Henry.

CantStop85
05-06-2006, 06:48 PM
i give props to TO he doesnt care what anyone thinks, chad is just a punk.
Come again? How many teams has CJ destroyed and how many times has he thrown his own teammates under the bus? Zero. Terrell Owens? Too many to count.

I know you hate CJ because he's on a division rival's team but how can anyone like TO?

Ohio Steeler
05-06-2006, 08:01 PM
I just wish we could the heart of a true champion like Hines Ward in either one of their bodies...you'd have a receiver that would make Jerry Rice look like Chris Henry.

for sure

clevestinks
05-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Not even close in my book, other than CJ`s on the field antics, Iv`e read nothing but good stuff about the guy. I think he laughs at himself as much as everyone else does, TO is a JACKASS, plain and simple

Black@Gold Forever32
05-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Can't stop 85 I don't hate CJ at all. Actually I respect his talents as a football player. I just find it funny when he runs his mouth and the Steelers do the backing up on the field. I also don't hate T.O. and I respect his talents as a football player. He just needs to learn not to run his mouth so much. If he did that then there wouldn't be the negative back lash toward him.

Stlrs4Life
05-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Terrell Owens has been in the NFL since 1996 and has always held an image as a bad boy in the NFL. He says what he wants, he does what he wants, but he always shows up ready to play. And his list of accomplishments on the field rivals his well-documented record of misbehaving.

http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/a/owensaccomplish.htm

Here is TO's record HIS fifth year in the NFL

2000 - On December 17, Owens set an NFL record with 20 catches for 283 yards against the Chicago Bears, surpassing a 50-year-old mark held by Tom Fears.
2000 - Rebounding from a down 1999 season, Owens set a career high with 97 receptions and 1,451 yards. He also scored 13 touchdowns, and earned a trip to Hawaii for his first Pro Bowl. Check out the above link for the rest of TO's accomplishments.

Chad Johnson is a fifth-year pro fully established his credentials as one of NFL?s elite wideouts, leading AFC in receptions (career-high 97) and receiving yards (Bengals-record 1432) ... Earned third straight Pro Bowl berth, plus first inclusion on Associated Press first-team All-Pro squad ... Scored 9 TDs ... Had career-high 189 receiving yards in Nov. 20 showcase game vs. Indianapolis ... Caught career-high 11 passes in division-clinching win Dec. 18 at Detroit

Did anyone see CJ on the field playing at Superbowl XL? No, I didn't either. For as big as his mouth is you would think he not only played in the Superbowl but won it. Someday maybe but at this point, CJ has not earned the right to carry TO's jock strap

Good post. Owens is still an idiot.

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Owens can be more destructive ...Johnson is just an annoyance, Consider the year he had if you take out completely the 2 Steelers games

Koopa
05-06-2006, 11:47 PM
i hate both of them the same, t.o. is the better football player but c.j. is the better teammate, and since they both on teams i hate i hate c.j. more cause he won't become a cancer to the bengals lol

clevestinks
05-07-2006, 07:03 AM
I think when you try to decide, think to yourself who wouyld I rather have on my team? CJ who is a player and wouldnt ruin my team, just a little self centered. Or TO who would ruin your QB, your coach, and your team. Because it is all about him. TO is a cancer!

Blitzburgh55
05-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Ithink there both funny but i hate CHad more since TO is my fav player not a steeler

83-Steelers-43
05-07-2006, 09:10 AM
TO literally destroys teams. I'm not doubting TO's potential and talent, but the guy represents everything that is wrong with sports in today's society. The guy is a bum in my opinion.

Chad Johnson is just a clown. He runs his big mouth and we end up shutting it. Although, if he keeps up his halftime outbursts in big games he might just end up being the next TO.

tony hipchest
05-07-2006, 11:57 AM
i hate both of them the same, t.o. is the better football player but c.j. is the better teammate, and since they both on teams i hate i hate c.j. more cause he won't become a cancer to the bengals loldefinitely. id like johnson better if he started demanding trades, and celebrating in the middle of heinz foeld only to get blasted by porter or polamalu. he would be a great steelers tackling dummy.

Ohio Steeler
05-07-2006, 01:41 PM
definitely. id like johnson better if he started demanding trades, and celebrating in the middle of heinz foeld only to get blasted by porter or polamalu. he would be a great steelers tackling dummy.

I thought he already was just that :sofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Come again? How many teams has CJ destroyed and how many times has he thrown his own teammates under the bus? Zero. Terrell Owens? Too many to count.

I know you hate CJ because he's on a division rival's team but how can anyone like TO?

You like TO last year if you're a Redskins,Cowboys,or Giants fan (or any fan that hates the Eagles).

SteelerFanInCA
05-09-2006, 04:43 PM
T.O is a cancer causing b i t c h. Just because you are one of the better WRs in the league doesn't necessarily mean you can be the biggest a s s hole either.

Hines86Ward
05-18-2006, 12:30 PM
I hate Chad Johnson more, at least T.O. can back up what he says....

When the hell has Chad Johnson ever showed up in a big game? He drops the easy passes, he doesn't even stand in the huddle with his team, and all he does is talk trash that he doesn't back up.

ARKIESTEEL
05-18-2006, 01:47 PM
To has destroyed 2 teams and working on his third enough said. CJ cant even do that so
I hate to the most

Hines86Ward
05-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Give CJ some time.....In the next 5 years, he will have that franchise back to the way it was before he got there. He has Rosenhaus as his agent too....

shimmysteelerfan
05-18-2006, 03:04 PM
To has destroyed 2 teams and working on his third enough said. CJ cant even do that so
I hate to the most

i personally dont think one person can destroy a team, they certainly can contribute though.

Hines86Ward
05-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Personally, I think T.O. got ****ed in Philly. He played in the Super Bowl with a broken leg, nobody else would've done that to risk their career. All he asked was to have his contract restructured, Hines did it last year too. The Eagles start losing, problems start happening, and everyone points the finger at T.O. bc of what happened in San Fran. I think McNabb, Reid, and the Eagles FO are all to blame for what happened last season as well as T.O., but it wasn't all just Owens fault.

BBC
05-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Personally, I think T.O. got ****ed in Philly. He played in the Super Bowl with a broken leg, nobody else would've done that to risk their career. All he asked was to have his contract restructured, Hines did it last year too. The Eagles start losing, problems start happening, and everyone points the finger at T.O. bc of what happened in San Fran. I think McNabb, Reid, and the Eagles FO are all to blame for what happened last season as well as T.O., but it wasn't all just Owens fault.

I really hope this is a sarcastic post...

How about the fact that T.O. said that it was Donovan's fault they lost the Super Bowl? This wasn't an isolated event. After not turning in his papers in time for Free Agency, Owens demanded that he be traded out of San Francisco (this after taunting many teams with his extravagant celebrations along the way). The 49ers then traded him to Baltimore. Terrell didn't like this new situation, so he decides he'll demand another trade, this time to Philadelphia. After losing the Super Bowl, Terrell blamed the Super Bowl loss on his quarterback, and started a fight with Hugh Douglas in the locker room. After all of this, Terrell was eventually suspended, and this wasn't his fault?

83-Steelers-43
05-18-2006, 03:18 PM

Please tell me you are joking.......

Hines Ward's situation compared to T.O.'s is apples and oranges. Hines Ward was well past due for a new contract and deserved a big pay day. T.O. played a full season in Philly and had his hands out asking for more. So he played with a bad leg in the Super Bowl, does that mean the Eagles should give the guy a bigger contract after playing one year on that team? I don't think so. Twenty plus years ago this wouldn't even be a story. People would read and think "Oh, he played with a bad leg in the biggest game of the year, good job". While it would be respected, a brand new contract would not happen or even be brought up. Why? Because the guy was doing his job and honoring his contract. Not after one year and having a history of being a complete jackass.

As for Reid, McNabb and the Eagles FO screwing T.O. over. You can't be serious? T.O. was causing problems before his little contract debacle. Remember on the sidelines at Heinz in 2004? Remember his comments pertaining to McNabb directly after their Super Bowl defeat? He also got into it with another player on the Eagles before his contract situation was even an issue. San Francisco did not want to deal with his bitching anymore and neither did Philly. They got tired of his attitude and showed him the door. Now he's on his third team and I expect the same results in the next two years for T.O. and the Cowgirls.

It's time for T.O. to start blaming T.O. and not everybody else around him.

Hines86Ward
05-18-2006, 03:38 PM
The player T.O. got into it with was Hugh Douglas, and Douglas started the fight. Hugh Douglas wasn't on the team, and wasn't supposed to be at the training facilities. Thats the facts on that incident....

I'm a T.O. fan, so I'm a lil bias. I love the intensity the guy brings to the game, and he's the best WR in the NFL when he's on the field.

I just don't like how everyone pointed the finger at him in Philly, when there were multiple issues going on last season in that locker room besides the T.O. problem. And then there's dumbass McNabb, sitting in the corner eating Chunky Soup, crying about "black on black crime".....

Black@Gold Forever32
05-18-2006, 03:39 PM

Hines Ward was under paid and deserved a new contract. T.O. was in the first year of 7 year 49 million dollar deal with a huge ass signing bonus. Oh cry me a river T.O. But sorry I totally disagree with you. Owens is to blame for the whole circus last year. Don't get me wrong I don't think Owens is a bad guy. He justs don't know when to shut up and his mouth makes him look like a total jackass.

BBC
05-18-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm a lil bias.

This is the understatement of the year...

83-Steelers-43
05-18-2006, 03:55 PM
The player T.O. got into it with was Hugh Douglas, and Douglas started the fight. Hugh Douglas wasn't on the team, and wasn't supposed to be at the training facilities. Thats the facts on that incident....

I'm a T.O. fan, so I'm a lil bias. I love the intensity the guy brings to the game, and he's the best WR in the NFL when he's on the field.

I just don't like how everyone pointed the finger at him in Philly, when there were multiple issues going on last season in that locker room besides the T.O. problem. And then there's dumbass McNabb, sitting in the corner eating Chunky Soup, crying about "black on black crime".....

That's fine if your a T.O. fan, in my opinion he's nothing more than a punk, but at the same time you have to realize that the Eagles FO, Reid and McNabb were not the problem in Philly and that comparing Ward's contract situation to T.O.'s is totally off. I'm not doubting T.O.'s talents, but his attitude and personality is not worth it in my opinion. Minus the Douglas situation, what is the excuse for calling out your QB after the Super Bowl? You just don't do that man. What is the excuse for the fight on the Heinz sidelines (they tried to cover that one up)? While I'm not the biggest McNabb fan in the world, I thought he handled T.O.'s bullshit quite admirably.

I'm sure when shit starts to fly in Dallas excuses will be made for the guy and T.O.'s sob stories will headline ESPN instead of positive stories throughout the NFL.

CantStop85
05-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Terrell Owens is not man enough to own up to his own mistakes. He, instead, resorts to pointing fingers and throwing teammates under the bus.

"I'm not the one who got tired in the superbowl." "If Brett Favre was our QB, we'd be undefeated right now."

clevestinks
05-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Terrell Owens is not man enough to own up to his own mistakes. He, instead, resorts to pointing fingers and throwing teammates under the bus.

"I'm not the one who got tired in the superbowl." "If Brett Favre was our QB, we'd be undefeated right now."
Your right. Out of the two Owens is the better player, but I would have to go with the better man and better teammate. CJ

DIESELMAN
05-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Fuk em both....TO can't take the good with the bad. hes to much about me, me, me. Always criticizing and pointing fingers at others. CJ writes checks his ass can't cash. For the sake of team cohesion and unity I'd rather have 3 average WR's that move chains then either one of these *******s.....:helmet:

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 07:29 PM

The only thing I disagree with is you not wanting CJ on your team. If you knew football, you'd take him in a second. No one seems to mind Porter flapping his gums, and he doesn't do it as a joke like Chad. Porter's a straight up jerk, at least Chad isn't trying to be a prick about it. And isn't it Ward who mock's people with his celebrations? The Ray Lewis thing, the TO wing flap, the Chad riverdance, the list goes on and on. Chad isn't mean spirited, and his celebrations aren't meant to piss people off like Wards.

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Ithink there both funny but i hate CHad more since TO is my fav player not a steeler

How in the world could TO be anyone's favorite player. You are what's wrong with football.

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 07:32 PM
I hate Chad Johnson more, at least T.O. can back up what he says....

When the hell has Chad Johnson ever showed up in a big game? He drops the easy passes, he doesn't even stand in the huddle with his team, and all he does is talk trash that he doesn't back up.

You don't end up leading the AFC in catches and yards (for the 3rd straght year) without backing it up. The guy can play.

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 07:36 PM

It's people like you that fuel people like TO. The guy told his coach "speak when you're spoken to", and called out his QB in the national media. Everything that's been said about TO is certainly well deserved. McNabb sounded like a horse's ass with the Black on Black stuff, but that's beside the point, it doesn't change the fact that TO set out to ruin the season if he didn't get his extension. Mission accomplished. Are we supposed to feel sorry for someone like that. The NFL would be a better place without him.

Chad Johnson has never sabatoged an organization, to even compare the two is a joke.

Suitanim
05-25-2006, 09:46 AM
I know football, and I would rather have electrodes attached to my scrotum than have that self-serving, grandstanding, locker-room-at-halftime-coach-punching-distraction-making POS on my team.

SteelerFanInCA
05-25-2006, 02:53 PM
I can deal with CJ but T.O is just a prick. I bumped into the guy in Vegas outside one of the clubs and he definitely has his head up his a s s.

Bengal Fan
05-26-2006, 10:11 PM
TO is a scumbag, there is a reason why he was released and everyone was gunshy on signing him. You'd be hard pressed to find a team out there that wouldn't welcome CJ into their lineup.

tony hipchest
05-26-2006, 10:53 PM
TO is a scumbag, there is a reason why he was released and everyone was gunshy on signing him. You'd be hard pressed to find a team out there that wouldn't welcome CJ into their lineup.who the f--- cares? so you have a good player who consistantly makes an ass of himself. what the hell do you want? a cookie? you dont get a ring or a trophy just for having a good player. atleast t.o. has played in a sb. and made a game winning catch in the playoffs. and had a better career than chad.

Prosdo
05-27-2006, 12:12 AM
I really don't care for Chad Johnson, but he is no TO that is for sure. TO is nothing but a selfish punk.

Motley Nate
05-27-2006, 09:03 PM
I know football, and I would rather have electrodes attached to my scrotum than have that self-serving, grandstanding, locker-room-at-halftime-coach-punching-distraction-making POS on my team.
Tell us how you really feel.

Owens will fight anybody in a locker room. Trainers, coaches, Hugh Douglas. That showed some real brains. Let's fight Hugh Douglas.

My vote was cast for TO.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Owens will fight anybody in a locker room. Trainers, coaches, Hugh Douglas. That showed some real brains. Let's fight Hugh Douglas.
i hadnt yet voted in this poll but this post tipped the scales. we all know t.o. and chad are short on brains. the fact that t.o. is willing to take on anybody leads me to favor him a bit more than chad. plus t.o. is simply the better wr when you throw out all the extra curricular bs.

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey, I was being generous...I think Chad should be allowed to play in the NFL, but his tongue should be cut out.

TO, however, should be taken out in the street and shot.

Ambridge
05-28-2006, 06:11 PM
I haven't read the last four pages and would have gone with Owens hands down until I seen Chad was sporting a Mowhawk haircut during the last Bengals OTA/minicamp.

I'll call it a dead heat.

SteelShooter
05-29-2006, 12:44 AM
CJ IS just a punk! A great receiver mind you, but a punk none-the-less; a wannabe Bad-Boy.

TO...yes, as much as I hate to say it, he is one of the hreatest receivers in NFL History. But mannnnnn, you can still be human can't you? He seems to go out of his way to be a pain in the arse. I give him until mid-season'ish before he makes some sort of scene in Dallas. But that is one coach that will put him in his place!

sheba
05-29-2006, 07:59 AM
CJ IS just a punk! A great receiver mind you, but a punk none-the-less; a wannabe Bad-Boy.

TO...yes, as much as I hate to say it, he is one of the hreatest receivers in NFL History. But mannnnnn, you can still be human can't you? He seems to go out of his way to be a pain in the arse. I give him until mid-season'ish before he makes some sort of scene in Dallas. But that is one coach that will put him in his place! T.O is way he like got
the worst team to the SB CJ is good but he didn't do that.

sheba
05-29-2006, 08:00 AM

TO...yes, as much as I hate to say it, he is one of the hreatest receivers in NFL History. But mannnnnn, you can still be human can't you? He seems to go out of his way to be a pain in the arse. I give him until mid-season'ish before he makes some sort of scene in Dallas. But that is one coach that will put him in his place! T.O is way better he like got
the worst team to the SB CJ is good but he didn't do that.

clevestinks
05-29-2006, 08:14 AM
I`m surprised at the voting, I thought it would be a landslide. Owens ia a teams cancer!

Livinginthe past
05-29-2006, 08:44 AM
Chad Johnson is a Bengal - I think that kinda evens it out on a Steeler board :cool:

NM

Livinginthe past
05-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Another thought to cheer the anti-Owens brigade (of which I am a fully paid up member) is that he will have Drew 'Hospital Pass' Bledsoe throwing him the ball next year - anyone remember the huge dust up between Drew and Keyshawn last year?

In that instance you have to have some sympathy for the receiver - the way Bledsoe was floating the passes up there, it was almost as if the opposition DB's had paid him money for hitting practice.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-01-2006, 12:32 PM
I cant bring myself to vote for either one..........opposite buttcheeks to the same ass... and the a-hole in the middle is Ray Lewis!!!!

clevestinks
06-01-2006, 02:31 PM
I cant bring myself to vote for either one..........opposite buttcheeks to the same ass... and the a-hole in the middle is Ray Lewis!!!!
Classic post, funny