PDA

View Full Version : Steelers at Packers SuperBowl XV 2/7/11 Game Day Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Kanata-Steeler
02-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Those timeouts we burnt are biting us now.

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Holy shit ben threw a ball away

BritishSteel
02-06-2011, 09:04 PM
4th down and 5 - Here's the ball game

GoldJohn
02-06-2011, 09:04 PM
all or nothing

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Badly overthrown. This is the game.

GoldJohn
Game ;(

sasquatch
That's game, we lose.

ohio black&gold
hard to overcome 3 turnovers

BritishSteel
That the game. Well played Green Bay - if you turn the ball over 3 times and it costs you 21 points, then you're not going to win.

On to the draft I guess.

SteelShadow
Been a sweet ride but..... I still do not like losing.

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 09:06 PM
GAME OVER - SEE YOU NEXT YEAR. BEN SUCKED TONIGHT.

Kai
Well it was a good run.

SteelKnight
Oh well. Fair is fair. We didn't deserve that.

Ryanh208
Thanks for a great season :D

ohio black&gold
Been a sweet ride but..... I still do not like losing.

couldn't have said it better

chacha
02-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Shoot. Oh well we have a great team that wasnt even supposed to be in the playoffs, and we made the SB again. We'll win next year

Tulsa
Good year, good season, wait till next year....

all that means is, "We backed a loser"

fortmemphis
Oh well. Fair is fair. We didn't deserve that.

nope not when you turn it over 3 times and cant get a takeaway

Rick5895
Well a tough oss but we had a great season. I am very proud to be a Steeler Fan and wear the Black and Gold colors!!!

theplatypus
Well it was an exiting season!

Kanata-Steeler
3 turnovers too much.
ahh well, it was a great run and we'll be here next year. congrats to Green Bay -they earned it.

STEELERS forever.

SteelKnight
02-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Sometimes the best team has to win. They were the best. They deserve it.

ohio black&gold
if Goodell has his way there won't be a next year

cloppbeast
Not quite enough. Good season though.

Congrats to the Packers.

chacha
02-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Good year, good season, wait till next year....

all that means is, "We backed a loser"

no we backed a great team that didnt have a very good day

Kai
02-06-2011, 09:09 PM
3 turnovers don't win you games. Tip my hat off to GB.

bigkam17
02-06-2011, 09:10 PM
With all the horrid mistakes, still ended up with a good chance to win this one. What that tells me is that the best team didn't win. That's gonna stay with me for a while.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 09:11 PM
no we backed a great team that didnt have a very good day

agreed. Just cant turn it over like that. And as much problems as the secondary had, we have to admit, the offense put them in a hell of a position. A fast field, no weather, Aaron Rodgers is no slouch. The D did all they could do. Just cant give them the ball 3 times like that.

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Disappointing - we had this game and through carelessness and stupidity, lost it. For next season, I hope these guys are gone:

Fox
Lewis
Gay
Adams
Essex
Scott
Madison

I miss anyone?

sacredgrooves
02-06-2011, 09:12 PM
This sucks but at least it was a loss to a team I can respect. Congrats Packers fans. The mistakes will make for a painful offseason.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 09:13 PM
With all the horrid mistakes, still ended up with a good chance to win this one. What that tells me is that the best team didn't win. That's gonna stay with me for a while.

I was thinking the same thing. Except, they held on to the ball and that is part of it. But I truly think we stopped ourselves for the most part. There defense is nothing like the Jets or the Ravens. Clay Matthews is good but we have played better defenses than that. But turnovers are the great equalizer and tonight that is what they did

ohio black&gold
02-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Disappointing - we had this game and through carelessness and stupidity, lost it. For next season, I hope these guys are gone:

Fox
Lewis
Gay
Adams
Essex
Scott
Madison

I miss anyone?

Ariens

Meadkins40
02-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Congrats to GB....glad it was them and not the Ravens,Jets,or Cheats.

NCBlackWolf
02-06-2011, 09:14 PM

Fox
Lewis
Gay
Adams
Essex
Scott
Madison

I miss anyone?

No. That would be my list as well. Can Gay be cut twice?

chacha
02-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Congrats to GB....glad it was them and not the Ravens,Jets,or Cheats.

yeah but if any of those teams were in the SB we couldnt have been

chacha
02-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Ariens

this

SteelCityRules
02-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Great posts fellow fans. Great year, great team, we just didn't play so great today. Congrats to GB!

FanSince72
02-06-2011, 09:18 PM

Maybe the best team didn't win, but the better one did if only by virtue of an easy walk-in pick six courtesy of a pass that should never have been thrown.

Let's face it, going down by 14 to a team like Green Bay is very difficult to recover from and if you take away that one play, we win by a point. The consolation is that we didn't get our asses kicked and we weren't dominated. We simply spotted a very evenly matched team too many points.

Green Bay played a great game and a tough game and I congratulate them on the win!

cloppbeast
02-06-2011, 09:20 PM

Fox
Lewis
Gay
Adams
Essex
Scott
Madison

I miss anyone?

Gay is a great nickel corner. Hope he's back.

I only hope Adams is gone if that means Colon is back, but Adams is still a heck of a back up tackle.

Essex can play either guard or tackle positions. His flexibility makes him a great back up.

Fox should take over for Farrior when he retires.

I agree with everybody else.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 09:22 PM
you know I wish they would have said something nice about the Steelers or at least said they beat a good team but really I cant be mad at Green Bay. They seem like some good guys. Aaron Rodgers seems like a good person. If we cant win it, I have no problem with GB winning it.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Maybe the best team didn't win, but the better one did if only by virtue of an easy walk-in pick six courtesy of a pass that should never have been thrown.

Let's face it, going down by 14 to a team like Green Bay is very difficult to recover from and if you take away that one play, we win by a point. The consolation is that we didn't get our asses kicked and we weren't dominated. We simply spotted a very evenly matched team too many points.

Green Bay played a great game and a tough game and I congratulate them on the win!

many teams would have folded and layed down. The Steelers have pride and they made a game of it until 49 secs left. Many other teams would not have come back and GB would have routed them. Pittsburgh represented themselves well in that regard. Just gave them to many turnovers thats it. And none of the analysts will even say it. I dont understand

bigkam17
02-06-2011, 09:28 PM

Completely agree. Green Bay deserved to win because they played the better game. It's just a shame we didn't play solid, don't think this one would have been the same outcome. But we didn't come close with our performance.

FanSince72
02-06-2011, 09:30 PM
many teams would have folded and layed down. The Steelers have pride and they made a game of it until 49 secs left. Many other teams would not have come back and GB would have routed them. Pittsburgh represented themselves well in that regard. Just gave them to many turnovers thats it. And none of the analysts will even say it. I dont understand

Well that's Fox.

First of all, they're an NFC network and secondly a conservative network and I really don't think they see Ben as worthy of too much praise (considering his recent past) and that has more to do with their base demographic than anything else.

Yeah, it's political and PC and all that stuff, but it is what it is.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Tomlin not really wanting to have anything to do with talking about turnovers. I am sure he doesnt want to take anything away from GBs victory and he is all business as usual. It was a fun run. Sad we didnt win but hats off to Green Bay. Hope some GB folks come on here and see this. Congratulations cheeseheads. You have a fine team, seems like a classy organization--just like Pittsburgh

FanSince72
02-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Tomlin not really wanting to have anything to do with talking about turnovers. I am sure he doesnt want to take anything away from GBs victory and he is all business as usual. It was a fun run. Sad we didnt win but hats off to Green Bay. Hope some GB folks come on here and see this. Congratulations cheeseheads. You have a fine team, seems like a classy organization--just like Pittsburgh

Well said and very true.

Hey, when you lose you don't point fingers and Tomlin isn't like that and that's one of the things I really like about him. As far as we're concerned, for a team that no one picked to finish better than third in our division, I'd say it was a helluva run, so there's nothing to be ashamed of.

And it was a fun game to watch despite the outcome for us.

Pentheon
02-06-2011, 09:48 PM
good game to green bay n the fans...no excsuses, we had TOO many chances to take a lead and yet we either turned it over or couldnt convert.

IndianaPacker
02-06-2011, 10:07 PM

Tough game. Your defense played well against Rodgers and probably had a lot to do with him being a little off tonight. After reading through a couple of pages at the end of this game thread and seeing your reactions when your team loses, I have to say that Steeler fans are as classy as any in the country. Good luck with the off season. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again soon.

Raw Steel
02-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I think everyone will look at the turnovers, but don't overlook two special teams plays that were crucial in this game. Ryan Mundy's dumb penalty put the Steelers in the shadow of their own end zone and if you watch on Ben's INT, he doesn't take the full 7 step drop so he is not in the end zone. He was closer to the LOS which is why he got hit when he released the ball.

And Keyaron Fox's penalty ended up not mattering, but how can the captain of your special teams make such a bone-headed play in a crucial part of the game.

IA.cheese
02-06-2011, 11:06 PM
...hats off to Green Bay. Hope some GB folks come on here and see this. Congratulations cheeseheads. You have a fine team, seems like a classy organization--just like Pittsburgh

Thank you, Sir. I have a lot of respect for the Steelers organization and your comment showed me just how great Steelers fans can be, too.

NFL_Enthusiast
02-06-2011, 11:22 PM
I am new here, and a Packers fan and I want to first and foremost say what a hell of a game! Regardless of what side of the fence you're on, it was an incredible game to watch. With that said, reading from the last few pages (I obviously haven't read them all) you guys seem to be the classiest fans on any NFL forum I have ever run across. I cannot imagine a more perfect matchup than tonights game. The Steelers played us very hard and showed class throughout the whole game. Great season, guys!

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Thanks very much guys...it's appreciated.

These kinds of losses are always tough to swallow, but I couldn't think of another franchise (other than the Steelers obviously) that I'd rather see the Lombardi go to.

Congrats on the win and enjoy the celebration! :drink:

NFL_Enthusiast
02-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Thanks very much guys...it's appreciated.

These kinds of losses are always tough to swallow, but I couldn't think of another franchise (other than the Steelers obviously) that I'd rather see the Lombardi go to.

Congrats on the win and enjoy the celebration! :drink:

Much appreciated. I was truly floored at the class on this forum. Honestly, like nothing I have ever seen from any competitor. As I said, it was a phenomenal match!