PDA

View Full Version : Steelers at Packers SuperBowl XV 2/7/11 Game Day Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 12:21 AM
With the mods permission, I'll start the game day thread this time. - mesa

It will be a clash of epic proportions when the Green Bay Packers square off against the Pittsburgh Steelers for a shot at Super Bowl XLV glory on Sunday, February 6, 2011 at Cowboy Stadium in Arlington, Texas..

Super Bowl TV Schedule & Kickoff

On TV, football fans worldwide will tune into the battle over the coveted Vince Lombardi trophy and to decide which team gets to wear their Super Bowl rings as the ultimate game is played out live nationwide beginning at 6 pm ET on the FOX television network.

Kick-off time will be approximately 6:25 pm on the East Coast; 5:25 pm Central; 4:25 pm Mountain; and 3:25 pm Pacific.

Up north, CTV will be covering the game for Canada. Across the pond, (and five hours ahead of East Coast time) the live game will play out in the wee hours on BBC in the UK.

Meanwhile, we gotta feeling that "Super Bowl night is gonna be a good night" when Grammy award-winning the Black Eyed Peas perform at this year's Superbowl 45 halftime show extravaganza.

MACH1
02-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Wooohooo.....The 2nd post. :laughing:

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO. :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

jjpro11
02-06-2011, 01:40 AM
it's here!!!!! GO STEELERS!!!!

Stanley
02-06-2011, 12:02 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS BOOM-BOOM !
HERE WE GO STEELERS BOOM-BOOM !
:tt02::tt::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt::tt02:

NCBlackWolf
02-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Here we go, Steelers!!!!:tt04::tt04::applaudit::applaudit:

Jackal
02-06-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm too fired up for tonight's game, I think my head might explode. I need to go outside and rip some trees out with my bare hands or something to calm down.

LET'S GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04 ::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:: tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

Stairway2-7
02-06-2011, 12:22 PM
I has about 5 dreams of the game last night, where we lost em all... good thing they were just DREAMS!!! cuz its not happening tonight!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!:tt04::tt03:

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Just under 5 hours to go!!!

Since Mesa started the game day thread this week can we blame him if the unthinkable happens?

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 12:38 PM
I has about 5 dreams of the game last night, where we lost em all... good thing they were just DREAMS!!! cuz its not happening tonight!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!:tt04::tt03:

I had a dream that me and my sis were going to the game. On the way, we stopped by my old high school where my old schoolmates were watching the game.

I looked at the television, the Steelers were up 17-7 in the middle of the third and Rodgers was getting pressured into an incomplete pass.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt04: :applaudit: :hatsoff: :drink: :thumbsup: :popcorn: :tt04: :helmet:

Stairway2-7
02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I had a dream that me and my sis were going to the game. On the way, we stopped by my old high school where my old schoolmates were watching the game.

I looked at the television, the Steelers were up 17-7 in the middle of the third and Rodgers was getting pressured into an incomplete pass.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt04: :applaudit: :hatsoff: :drink: :thumbsup: :popcorn: :tt04: :helmet:

Well lucky you, you didnt have NIGHTMARES!!

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Well lucky you, you didnt have NIGHTMARES!!

Strange dream though, don't know why I'd be at my old high school. lol

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Checking in from Memphis, Tennessee. Steelers are represented well down here in the South. Been a fan since the Immaculate Reception and all throughout the 70s. Cant wait til game time. I hear the consensus pick for all the TV pundits and the like is Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers will run roughshod over the Steeler secondary and all that jazz. Well here's to Dick LeBeau and Co proving all that wrong and Big Ben and Rashard running wild over the Pack. "It will be Heaven when we win number 7"

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Checking in from Memphis, Tennessee. Steelers are represented well down here in the South. Been a fan since the Immaculate Reception and all throughout the 70s. Cant wait til game time. I hear the consensus pick for all the TV pundits and the like is Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers will run roughshod over the Steeler secondary and all that jazz. Well here's to Dick LeBeau and Co proving all that wrong and Big Ben and Rashard running wild over the Pack. "It will be Heaven when we win number 7"

I don't think I ever passed through Memphis, but Nashville is a pretty nice place.

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Just under 5 hours to go!!!

Since Mesa started the game day thread this week can we blame him if the unthinkable happens?

No because you are the one thinking the unthinkable!

Corey_J
02-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Wearing Steelers gear EVERY day for the past 22 weeks and none better than the last 2 weeks !

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't think I ever passed through Memphis, but Nashville is a pretty nice place.

Memphis is a pretty cool city.

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 02:29 PM

lol

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Look at this Cowboy slober nock on FOX pre game. Good grief.

:puke:

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 02:48 PM

I'm not thinking it, just realized that you broke the trend of scmom starting the threads.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Right now on Fox, the pregame show is a walk down memory lane with the Cowboys and Jerry Jones and Irvin, Aikman, Johnston and its about to make me sick. I have had enough of Cowboy crap for the year. Lets move on to something else.

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm not thinking it, just realized that you broke the trend of scmom starting the threads.

I seem to remember that Tony started the last super bowl thread.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 03:40 PM
watching the NFL network and the so called experts just about all picked GB. Even Rod Woodson picked GB. Drew Brees was quoted as saying that if both teams play their best games, GB wins. Warren Sapp, Mariucci, Kurt Warner all picked GB. Only Deion and Marshall Faulk said Steelers. Saw Mark Sanchez say on camera that he is pulling for Aaron Rodgers. Sapp was pointing out that Flozell was on the field taking pictures while Clay Matthews is focused still in lockerroom. Man, when it comes down to it, not a lot of love coming the Steelers' way. Going to be all the more satisfying when we take #7.

Meadkins40
02-06-2011, 03:55 PM
watching the NFL network and the so called experts just about all picked GB. Even Rod Woodson picked GB. Drew Brees was quoted as saying that if both teams play their best games, GB wins. Warren Sapp, Mariucci, Kurt Warner all picked GB. Only Deion and Marshall Faulk said Steelers. Saw Mark Sanchez say on camera that he is pulling for Aaron Rodgers. Sapp was pointing out that Flozell was on the field taking pictures while Clay Matthews is focused still in lockerroom. Man, when it comes down to it, not a lot of love coming the Steelers' way. Going to be all the more satisfying when we take #7.

To all the football experts who are thinking Aaron Rodgers is going to light up the Steelers defense, they need to remember that in Week 4, The Detroit Lions(who I root for) went into Green Bay and while they did lose by 2, we held Aaron Rodgers to 181 yards passing and Shaun Frickin Hill put up 331 passing yards on that vaunted Packer Defense. But they think Rodgers is goint to light up the best defense in football? YA RIGHT.:shake01:

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 03:57 PM

Rod Woodson also picked the Cardinals, on his HOF announcement weekend no less. What a Benedict Arnold.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 03:58 PM
To all the football experts who are thinking Aaron Rodgers is going to light up the Steelers defense, they need to remember that in Week 4, The Detroit Lions(who I root for) went into Green Bay and while they did lose by 2, we held Aaron Rodgers to 181 yards passing and Shaun Frickin Hill put up 331 passing yards on that vaunted Packer Defense. But they think Rodgers is goint to light up the best defense in football? YA RIGHT.:shake01:

there you go. Thats what I am talking about. I just want James Harrison or Lamar Woodley to get to Rodgers early and show him what the Steelers' pass rush is all about then the rest will take care of itself.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Rod Woodson also picked the Cardinals, on his HOF announcement weekend no less. What a Benedict Arnold.

Wonder what his deal is? Maybe when he left the Steelers, he was bitter or something. Just dont understand it.

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Wonder what his deal is? Maybe when he left the Steelers, he was bitter or something. Just dont understand it.

He has to be "objective". Yea, like Deion and Irvin are objective, up there slobbering the Cowboys.

He's not a big fan of Ben either.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 04:11 PM
He has to be "objective". Yea, like Deion and Irvin are objective, up there slobbering the Cowboys.

He's not a big fan of Ben either.

yeah I guess so. I didnt know he didnt like Ben. Oh well, talk is talk and now its time for action. :tt04:

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 04:15 PM

That's why I'm listening to WDVE, the Steelers flagship radio station, rather than a bunch network losers.

http://www.dve.com/main.html

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Goddell just told the refs they better call this like they're "supposed" to......................

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 04:28 PM
That's why I'm listening to WDVE, the Steelers flagship radio station, rather than a bunch network losers.

http://www.dve.com/main.html

I just went to that link and am listening to the pregame. Will this site broadcast the game or do they not put the actual game broadcast on the net, just the pre and post game?:tt04:

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Goddell just told the refs they better call this like they're "supposed" to......................

yeah "make sure you get that 92 in white and keep him under control" wink, wink, nudge nudge.

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 04:30 PM
I just went to that link and am listening to the pregame. Will this site broadcast the game or do they not put the actual game broadcast on the net, just the pre and post game?:tt04:

Honestly I'm not sure. This is the first time I've listed to it like this. I used to use NFL network. However during the AFCC game someone posted a list of stations that were carrying Bill Hillgrove and the boys and I listened to that way.

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 04:33 PM

They'll have the whole game on there. I've listened to Bill and Tunch on there during the games before.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Honestly I'm not sure. This is the first time I've listed to it like this. I used to use NFL network. However during the AFCC game someone posted a list of stations that were carrying Bill Hillgrove and the boys and I listened to that way.

thats cool. we will see. Some stations, when the actual game starts, will go back to regular programming because of broadcasting rights or contractual stuff. If it was not delayed several seconds, I would love to watch it but listen to actual Steeler broadcast. But I am sure if it is on the internet, it will be delayed too much to watch it like that. I like Aikman anyway. He seems pretty fair.:tt04::tt04::tt04:

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 04:35 PM
They'll have the whole game on there. I've listened to Bill and Tunch on there during the games before.

cool, thanks!!!:tt04::tt04::tt04:

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 04:36 PM
yeah "make sure you get that 92 in white and keep him under control" wink, wink, nudge nudge.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 04:37 PM
cool, thanks!!!:tt04::tt04::tt04:

Welcome...they should have the radio broadcast on ESPN 970 Pittsburgh (the AM station) as well.

If you click the listen live button on their main page, you should be able to catch them there too (just in case).

http://www.970espn.com/main.html

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 04:41 PM
The Mike Tomlin show is up now on the WDVE pregame show if you are interested.

Rick5895
02-06-2011, 04:51 PM
:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::t t04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Since I posted this in a bunch of other game day threads here it is again.

f77kgRY970E

Steel_Bus_24
02-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Alright Steelers........

All season long,and especially these last 2 weeks the "Media Experts" have been telling us what we can and can't do......

According to them the Steelers organization doesn't do 1 single thing better than the Packers.....Hell our fans aren't even as good as theirs in their eyes

Your heart, desire, and metal are all being spat on.....

Time to rise to the challenge once again........and let the world know the Steelers won't just fade quietly into the night

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!!!!HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt03::tt03::tt03:

Fight or the man next to ya!!!!!Give everything for him!!!!! And Never Give Up!!!!!!!!! :helmet:

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!!!!HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt03::tt03::tt03:

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 04:58 PM
The clusterflop at the Stadium continues. 400 seats that were to be installed were not and so those fans that had tickets to them were refunded triple their value.

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 04:59 PM
The clusterflop at the Stadium continues. 400 seats that were to be installed were not and so those fans that had tickets to them were refunded triple their value.

If that triple face value doesn't cover airfare, hotel, and other expenses I would be seriously pissed off. Let's hope that they were all wearing green and yellow.

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 05:00 PM

That sucks, but at least they were well compensated.

It's too bad they couldn't at least refund their tickets and find them standing room only or something like that...but shit happens I guess.

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 05:01 PM
If that triple face value doesn't cover airfare, hotel, and other expenses I would be seriously pissed off.

Gotta figure it would, or at least come very close. Anyone spending more than 6k for airfare, hotel and food then that's their problem lol.

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 05:02 PM
If that triple face value doesn't cover airfare, hotel, and other expenses I would be seriously pissed off. Let's hope that they were all wearing green and yellow.

I assume that it was only the facevalue of the tickets and if those fans got them through a scalper then the triple refund probably won't even pay for the ticket.

MACH1
02-06-2011, 05:08 PM
That'd piss me off beyond belief. It's not just the money, but a once in a lifetime chance for some.

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 05:11 PM
That'd piss me off beyond belief. It's not just the money, but a once in a lifetime chance for some.

I'm sure there are lots of lawyers who would be happy to sue Jerry, his ego, and the NFL about on behalf of the fans who will not get to see the game.

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 05:11 PM
I've never seen Troy look quite as intimidating as he did in that pregame speech thing lol.

jaygorius
02-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Let's do this!!

BritishSteel
02-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Come on Steelers!

theplatypus
oh boy

mesaSteeler
It is time to GRATE the Cheese!

jaygorius
02-06-2011, 05:15 PM
It has been a pleasure following the games along with you guys. Let's get one more win to end this season!

KingsOfTheGridiron
02-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Big Ben looked like a silent assassin when he came out for the introduction. Born winner... some people have it.

ohio black&gold
02-06-2011, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=fortmemphis;916157]I just went to that link and am listening to the pregame. Will this site broadcast the game or do they not put the actual game broadcast on the net, just the pre and post game?:tt04:[/QUOTE

]they broadcast the AFC Championship game over the internet.hoping they do the same with the SB

SeinfeldNut
02-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Hope to be talking to you guys at about 10 PM about winning another Lombardi!

ohio black&gold
02-06-2011, 05:19 PM
thats cool. we will see. Some stations, when the actual game starts, will go back to regular programming because of broadcasting rights or contractual stuff. If it was not delayed several seconds, I would love to watch it but listen to actual Steeler broadcast. But I am sure if it is on the internet, it will be delayed too much to watch it like that. I like Aikman anyway. He seems pretty fair.:tt04::tt04::tt04:

i can tolerate a delay a lot better than joe buck and his boyfriend

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 05:21 PM
8 minutes

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm sure there are lots of lawyers who would be happy to sue Jerry, his ego, and the NFL about on behalf of the fans who will not get to see the game.

You think?:chuckle:

Problem is the ticket no doubt says on the back that you re not entitled to consequential damages but just a refund of the ticket's face value

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 05:23 PM
You think?:chuckle:

Problem is the ticket no doubt says on the back that you re not entitled to consequential damages but just a refund of the ticket's face value

You are correct but that wouldn't stop them from trying.

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 05:23 PM
How is Aguilera a star again?

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Here we go - it has been 5 months since the Falcons game and 10 months since we got on this rollercoaster of a season staring with the Milledgevile allegations

It has been a pleasure being back on this forum this season :drink::thumbsup:

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Can't say I much care for the way the singer is butchering the national anthem. I don't think she has more than 1/2 an octave range.

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 05:25 PM
I swear the last person that nailed it for the SB was Whitney Houston for the Bills/Giants

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 05:26 PM
How is Aguilera a star again?

She is actually considered a star? I would have never guessed that. Who are her fans? A bunch of caterwauling cats?

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 05:26 PM
CAN NO LOSE! :shout:

MUST WINE! :shout:

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 05:27 PM
I swear she skipped a line or some words of the anthem. It was horrible.

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 05:27 PM
CAN NO LOSE! :shout:

MUST WINE! :shout:

I'm sure the GB will have whine with their cheese tonight.

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 05:28 PM
She is actually considered a star? I would have never guessed that. Who are her fans? A bunch of caterwauling cats?

Either them or people that are completely tone deaf if not altogether deaf and just really like red lipstick.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
02-06-2011, 05:28 PM
I swear she skipped a line or some words of the anthem. It was horrible.

She sure did. She missed an entire line of the song. Pathetic.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 05:29 PM
I swear the last person that nailed it for the SB was Whitney Houston for the Bills/Giants

no doubt:tt04::tt04::tt04:

sasquatch
02-06-2011, 05:29 PM
I have a feeling after/during this game I'll have an ulcer, a heartattack, and head explosion. Then hopefully I'll be celebrating #7 in the hospital. AAAAhhhh I'm so anxious!

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

q5Z5BzNAh6Y

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Figures that peon Deon would jink the toss for us.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 05:31 PM
there was an over under of 1:53 for how long it would take her to sing the anthem and she skipped a line. Somebody is going to be mad cuz it cost them some money LOL

BritishSteel
02-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Green Bay wins toss and defers.

James Walker ESPN just tweeted that Kapinos hit the big video thing in the roof whilst punting in the warm up.

jaygorius
02-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Definitely think whoever won the toss was going to kick.

Tulsa
02-06-2011, 05:33 PM
I can't watch. I'm looking on here for the updates.

BritishSteel
Here comes the kick off - Been a pleasure following this season with you guys!

ONE MORE WIN!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!

HinesTroy
Is there a link to listen to Tounch and Wofley?

ohio black&gold
02-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Is there a link to listen to Tounch and Wofley?

http://www.dve.com/mediaplayer/?station=WDVE-FM&action=listenlive&channel_title

NYC_Steeler
Well, here we go. This is for all the marbles. Let's get Lombardi Trophy # 7 and put all the nonsense about Aaron Rdogers to rest. LET'S GO STEELERS!!

theplatypus
great job Brown!!!

BritishSteel
02-06-2011, 05:35 PM
nice return from Brown - Steelers start at their 36

Tulsa
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/radio-show.html

NYC_Steeler
Nice return by Brown - looked like it was gonna be bad once he dropped it in the endzone.

theplatypus
good call

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Shocker - a throw on 1st down to Hines. Nice.

fortmemphis
ouch bad 2nd down run.

BritishSteel
Ugly run play there - Mendy loses 4.

That looked busted before it left Ben's hand

NYC_Steeler
Damn - I just don't understand why they keep handing off in the backfield - they're terrible at that.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 05:37 PM
3 and out. Oh well come on defense

theplatypus
Someone got the call wrong there

NYC_Steeler
Well, that series sucked. Lousy throw by Ben. 3 and out. Now we get to see what the Defense does.

BritishSteel
Great ST coverage there

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Nice stop by Woodley. HERE WE GO!!

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 05:39 PM
First bounce goes their way

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 05:40 PM
No where to run. Nice. Here we go 3 and out. Come on D.

BritishSteel
02-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Damn

BritishSteel
02-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Aaron Rogers tastes Texas Dirt for the first time - got rid first sadly

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Damn. Offsides and a big completion. Madison got burned.

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Niced. Right through his arms.

BritishSteel
02-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Three and out!!!!!!

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 05:43 PM
BMac could've gotten called for pass int - kept swatting at the rcvr.

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Three and out!!!!!!

More like 6 and out. They converted on third down.

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Where is everybody? Nobody's posting just BritishSteel and me. What's up?

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 05:45 PM
"Hit em with the kenny g" lmao

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 05:46 PM
alright Arians, no 3 and out now. We need a Steeler drive

NYC_Steeler
Nice run by Mendy - gets 15 yards.

KingsOfTheGridiron
MENDY!!!!! Keep that up!

BritishSteel
Woohoo!!

First down Mendy

theplatypus
Way to go Mendy!

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Another nice run by Mendy! YES!!

BritishSteel
And Mendy again, just shy of another first

KingsOfTheGridiron
Mendy is a beast! Keep feeding him the rock!:tt03:

ohio black&gold
Where is everybody? Nobody's posting just BritishSteel and me. What's up?

i'm a slow typer lol

fortmemphis
MENDY!!!!! Keep that up!

run it down their freaking throat until they can stop it.

theplatypus
Run Mendy and Redman until the wheels fall off

NYC_Steeler
Damn - offsides.

BritishSteel
02-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Jeez!

David Johnson false start.

NYC_Steeler
High throw to Wallace for 4 yards. We need this 1st down!

theplatypus
Way to get Wallace involved early

KingsOfTheGridiron
Nice little screen. Rather see Wallace go deep on one of these plays.

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Another high throw by Ben - he needs to settle down.

KingsOfTheGridiron
02-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Would've liked to see a run there. Oh well.

BritishSteel
02-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Damn - two yards short, moved the ball on the ground and they throw it?

fortmemphis
man we need a score, come on Heath catch that. I know it was high. Thought the defender was damn close to grabbing him too early. Okay D, get it back for us

Tulsa
Easiest thing to do is hand the dadgum thing off. And we get cute on 3rd and short.

I know it's boring to you Arians. But run the ball.

NYC_Steeler
We need an interception and return it for a TD. Troy - are you listening. Let's go D!!

Steelboy84
Legursky got bulldozed on that last play.

KingsOfTheGridiron
02-06-2011, 05:51 PM
We need an interception and return it for a TD. Troy - are you listening. Let's go D!!

Troy, McFadden, Clark, Gay, Harrison... anyone would be okay with me.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 05:52 PM

Come on Troy its time!!!!

theplatypus
Lets go D!!!!

theplatypus
Nice coverage by Taylor

NYC_Steeler
Nice coverage by Ike. If the throw had been a little shorter, he could've gotten an INT.

KingsOfTheGridiron
02-06-2011, 05:53 PM
I think Ike can shut down Jennings.

NYC_Steeler
Damn - still can't get to Rodgers.

fortmemphis
we got to get to Rodgers.

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Terrible run coverage - nobody on the outside. Damn.

fortmemphis
Come on LeBeau, lets get him

KingsOfTheGridiron
Guys didn't stay in their lanes right there.

ohio black&gold
02-06-2011, 05:55 PM
CMON D

KingsOfTheGridiron
02-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Have to start getting into the backfield whether it's a pass or run. Too much time right now.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Man Bud Light has spent some cash already with the commercials.

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Packers have 55 yards so far - 42 through the air.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Packers have 55 yards so far - 42 through the air.

and we have what 10 yards passing and all that came after the catch but probably 30 yards on the ground but we cant stay on the field. Come on Arians

KingsOfTheGridiron
Woodley almost had him.

NYC_Steeler
This is getting ugly - we still can't get to Rodgers and they're leaving the middle open. Another 14 yards.

ohio black&gold
02-06-2011, 05:59 PM
need a turnover

NYC_Steeler
From bad to worse.

fortmemphis
Got to hold them to a FG here.

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 06:00 PM
They have to pound Rodgers into the ground. Knock him silly.

BritishSteel
Ooo - close to a sack there

KingsOfTheGridiron
LB's are getting closer and closer. I smell a fumble coming.

fortmemphis
Man Woodley is almost there. Almost.

NYC_Steeler
TOUCHDOWN. DAMMIT

theplatypus
crap

BritishSteel
Crap

KingsOfTheGridiron
02-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Bad coverage there. Gay even got away with a hold.

NYC_Steeler
Gay got burned - as usual. This is going to be a long night.

Meadkins40
This is going to be a long day..uggh

sacredgrooves
Grrrrr

Kai
Packers made that look easy.

GoldJohn
Dammit

ohio black&gold
offense needs to make something good happen now

BritishSteel
02-06-2011, 06:02 PM
OK Bruce - you've had a hint of success with keeping the ball on the ground, so it's time to punch them in the face a few times. Run the ball.

sacredgrooves
We always play too loose on D in the 1st quarter. No worries, we will tighten up and dominate!

fortmemphis
And that is what happens when you call off the pass rush. He will carve us up. If we dont do something now, this could get bad--barring turnovers or something like that. We have to keep their O off the field.

KingsOfTheGridiron
Bruce... If you can hear me, we have to run to open the pass. RUN! Mendy will have success.

GoldJohn
02-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Lets hope the offense can get a TD

NYC_Steeler
Well, there's no surprise with Gay in coverage - everyone knows he's the weakest link, and it showed. That was just absolutely horrendous coverage.

fortmemphis
LeBeau needs pressure , pressure, pressure and then after that, more pressure

BritishSteel
02-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Well, there's no surprise with Gay in coverage - everyone knows he's the weakest link, and it showed. That was just absolutely horrendous coverage.

Yeah, Blew up early and stayed blown up.

And a decent return screwed up by a stupid penalty. Get your game heads on Black and Gold

4n2t0
I think we're in for a long night...

GoldJohn
LeBeau needs pressure , pressure, pressure and then after that, more pressure

This.....

theplatypus
FVCK!!!!!!!

ohio black&gold
way to ruin a good return

NYC_Steeler
Damn - flag at the 14 - this is coming back. Yep. Mundy with the block in the back. Stupid - it wasn't necessary. Special Teams live up to their reputation of being morons.

4n2t0
02-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Gay had perfect coverage, the pass was better.

KingsOfTheGridiron
I think we're in for a long night...

LOL, dude, it's one TD. Were you expecting a shutout?

theplatypus
We keep shooting ourselves in the foot. offsides, false start, block in the back

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Didnt Mondy or Munday or whatever do that in another game right in front of the ref and cost us? Thanks dude

NYC_Steeler
If we're to have any chance tonight, the Defense needs to constantly blitz Rodgers. Giving him time to look downfield is the stupidest thing you can do. Constant blitzes won't allow him to throw downfield. I hope Lebeau is awake.

4n2t0

Nope, but I always thought the Packers would win. I hope not but that's my pick.

bigkam17
02-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Playcalling sucks for us, as per usual. Lets get the run going.

theplatypus

The sky must be falling

sacredgrooves
So many commercials really kill the flow of the game in the superbowl.

4n2t0
Now two TD's.

BritishSteel
Jesus

Ben pick six

NYC_Steeler
INTERCEPTION AND TOUCHDOWN. NICE!!!

Rinkleroot
Game Over!!

ohio black&gold
WTF

4n2t0
The sky must be falling

Is it falling yet?

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Holy sh!t what an ugly fvcking throw by ben

fortmemphis
what is wrong with Bens arm? That ball wasnt anywhere near close to being right.?

MACH1
The sky must be falling

It is now. :banging::banging::banging:

bigkam17
I'm speechless. What on God's earth is Ben thinking there?

NYC_Steeler
The sky must be falling

It came crashing down. The Ben from SB XL is here tonight. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

frunko1
what is wrong with Bens arm? That ball wasnt anywhere near close to being right.?

his arm got hit

fortmemphis
oh I see now, Bens shoulder got hit. Right through Legursky

ohio black&gold
So many commercials really kill the flow of the game in the superbowl.

the way the Steelers are playing they need the flow killed

Meadkins40
02-06-2011, 06:09 PM
this is what 90% of americans want right?

theplatypus
Is it falling yet?

I won't lose faith

fortmemphis
Alright, everybody remember Baltimore. Lets settle down and score a TD. There is plenty of time.

4n2t0
Holy sh!t what an ugly fvcking throw by ben

What's a matter? I thought the sky wasn't falling...LMAO.

bluesmanw
Cant blame Ben when he gets hit as he is throwing. OL got blown up.

NYC_Steeler
Packers - 108 yards Steelers - 29. This is going to be a very long night.

sacredgrooves
02-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Why cant we just have one normal f'n game with no fluke azz crap

fortmemphis
we may get a short field here so come on--well maybe not-Mewelde Moore with the non return

theplatypus
Good field position, now let's do something with it

4n2t0
02-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Packers - 108 yards Steelers - 29. This is going to be a very long night.

Apparently you're not allowed to say that?!

pete74
Ben didn't get hit till after that ball was out

NYC_Steeler
Wow. Arians finallyy figured out he can get 1st downs by running.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Mendy can change the game right here. Just let the line and receivers block here and run it down their throats

theplatypus
What's a matter? I thought the sky wasn't falling...LMAO.

We're just getting the BS out of the way early

lipps83
Wow. Arians finallyy figured out he can get 1st downs by running.

Arians is disgusting. It is even more disgusting that win or lose, this idiot is going to stick around.

ohio black&gold
maybe if jackass Arians would have run the ball on the 7 we wouldn't have given up an easy TD

MACH1
Love that bubble screen. :doh:

4n2t0
Nice, more penalties, woohoo.

NYC_Steeler
Kemo foul - can't go a game without one.

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Killing ourselves with penalties. Arrrrggghhh....

theplatypus
come on Chris K

NYC_Steeler
Trai Essex is in - not good.

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 06:14 PM
And Adams is out of the game for now. Perfect.

NYC_Steeler
Unreal - this just keeps getting worse and worse. Ben can't complete to an open Miller. Unreal.

MACH1
Uh oh ,,,,Ben's knee

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Damn Ben he was wide open, slipping while throwing. What???

bigkam17
What else can go wrong?

NYC_Steeler
Nice run by Ben for the 1st down.

shovelnose
Thank you Ben!

theplatypus
There we go

SteelCityMom
Good job Ben! :applaudit:

Keep it going. :hope:

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 06:16 PM
The 1st quarter is over - thank God - because that stunk.

SteelCityMom
Not losing faith yet. They've come back from much worse!

jaygorius
The comeback starts now!

4n2t0
Packers are a good team, that needs to be respected. I hope the Steelers win, I just can't see it happening, especially now that we are down 14-0.

I'll keep praying...

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 06:17 PM
If we're to have any chance tonight, the Defense needs to constantly blitz Rodgers. Giving him time to look downfield is the stupidest thing you can do. Constant blitzes won't allow him to throw downfield. I hope Lebeau is awake.

This^^^^^^ Letting Rodgers sit back there and think we can just cover them will be a horrible death for the D. If he can beat us dodging the pressure, then so be it, but to think we will cover all 5 of those guys is STUPID. LeBeau has to know that.

Rick5895
We need a score on this drive and a turnover by the D. and stop with the penalties.

MACH1
Lots of time left. Anything can happen.

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Yuck. Joan Rivers in Daisy Dukes and heels - not a pleasant sight.

bluesmanw
You want to win, replace this crap OL. You can't win with a bunch of third rate OL.

4n2t0
We need a score on this drive and a turnover by the D. and stop with the penalties.

Is that all?

fortmemphis
Packers are a good team, that needs to be respected. I hope the Steelers win, I just can't see it happening, especially now that we are down 14-0.

I'll keep praying...

if we get a TD here, we are down 7 with over a half to play. We can do this

NYC_Steeler
Another backfield stop for a loss.

MACH1
02-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Yuck. Joan Rivers in Daisy Dukes and heels - not a pleasant sight.

Bet you weren't thinking that till they showed her face. :sofunny:

SteelCityMom
Adams back in...that's good news!

NYC_Steeler
Nice coverage by Williams.

fortmemphis
02-06-2011, 06:20 PM
I guess Ben just doesnt throw as well without those gloves