PDA

View Full Version : Metal Up Your Ass!

Suitanim
05-06-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm in heaven! May is Metal Month on VH1...40 Greatest Metal Songs hosted by Sebastian Bach, "When Metal Ruled the Earth", all metal "Behind the Music's", old metal concerts.

Does it get any better?

tony hipchest
05-06-2006, 12:39 PM
heres hoping they keep all the poison, winger, warrant etc to a minimum, and focus on the metal with balls.

3 to be 4
05-06-2006, 03:30 PM
phewww. when i saw the title of the thread i thought it had something to do with Richard Gere.

SteelerzGirl
05-06-2006, 05:03 PM
phewww. when i saw the title of the thread i thought it had something to do with Richard Gere.

Nah, then the title would have included the word "gerbil." LOL

Suitanim
05-06-2006, 06:53 PM
heres hoping they keep all the poison, winger, warrant etc to a minimum, and focus on the metal with balls.

Well, the top 40 metal songs of all time was very little poseur stuff, and a lot of true hardcore stuff...Maiden, Preist, Dio, Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica, etc, etc...

But there's a lot of questionable stuff, too. A Def Lepperd movie? DL was hard back in '83, but by Hysteria, they were basically Debbie Gibson with distorted guitars. And Heart concert video? Heart makes Def Lepperd look like Motorhead.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Right on suit, Ive been watching VH1 every nite and checking out their website to see what all they have got going on. Lots of concerts on VH1 classic, of course the 40 greatest metal songs, showing movies like RockStar, and interviews with the bands and singers.

Doesnt get any better than the metal days !!! http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5879/mohawk4th.gif

Was just listening to the Monsters of Rock (www.themonstersofrock.com) tonight on the way home, with Harlen ! :guitar:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Run To The Hills. Run For Your Life. Iron Maiden dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIESELMAN
05-08-2006, 12:17 AM
I remember the Head Bangers Ball was always rockin, our Rock station out of Louisville still has Hairband weekends........Long Live Metal.....

Hammer67
05-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Well, the top 40 metal songs of all time was very little poseur stuff, and a lot of true hardcore stuff...Maiden, Preist, Dio, Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica, etc, etc...

But there's a lot of questionable stuff, too. A Def Lepperd movie? DL was hard back in '83, but by Hysteria, they were basically Debbie Gibson with distorted guitars. And Heart concert video? Heart makes Def Lepperd look like Motorhead.

Aren't all of those bands more hard rock? I thought stuff like Sepultura and Pantera were considered metal...

Metallica stopped being metal in the early 90's. :)

Suitanim
05-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Metallica's top 10 entry was Master of Puppets...I agree, though...Justice was their last true metal album.

I know some people disagree, but I firmly believe that "Puppets/Justice" was the apex of metal. 8 minutes songs with 10 different riffs, all kinds of complicated tempo changes...it was metal at it's finest.

Hammer67
05-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Metallica's top 10 entry was Master of Puppets...I agree, though...Justice was their last true metal album.

I know some people disagree, but I firmly believe that "Puppets/Justice" was the apex of metal. 8 minutes songs with 10 different riffs, all kinds of complicated tempo changes...it was metal at it's finest.

I love those albulms...don't forget Ride the Lightning! Creeping Death!:jammin:

What the hell was that "Nothing Else Matters" crap?

DIESELMAN
05-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Don't forget Kill Em All........Hetfield needs to start drinking again they have gone down with the past few albums....and what the hell was that orchestra album bullshit about?????
Cliff Burton was the man on Bass......