PDA

View Full Version : Steve Freaking Young

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Made the mistake of turning on ESPN around 1:30 when they are doing a Roethlisberger segment and got Trent Dilfer, Steve Young, and Teddy Bruschi

Young talks about "having won 3 championships" (he won 2 of those the same way Charlie Batch has won 2) and that with regard to being a great QB Ben "has not earned it yet" and that "like Jay Cutler" Roethlisberger needs to put in the time and work on his game in the offseason:mad:

Bruschi and Dilfer agree

OTOH Keyshawn Johnson does a drive by of Peyton Manning by claiming any coach in the league will take the QB with the 10-2 playoff record over the one with the 9-10 playoff record:chuckle:

I am not claiming Ben is the best QB in the league but he must have told Young to go f**k himself at some point with the kind of comments Young keeps spewing - there is some real animosity there

tube517
02-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Steve is ARodg's masseuse along with Kurt Warner

ETL
02-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Young is so jealous of Ben, it's coming out of his pores. I swear if Ben plays well and the steelers win, young will have a conniption on screen.

ScreamingEagle
02-06-2011, 01:52 PM
He is jealous Ben has more rings.:applaudit::tt04:

LVSteelersfan
02-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Young couldn't hold Ben's jock. Oh wow. He has three rings. That makes him a QB expert. And Dilfer has one as well, although he was the worst winning QB in NFL history, he is also an expert. Those guys need to go jump off a cliff somewhere.

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2011, 01:54 PM
He is jealous Ben has more rings.:applaudit::tt04:

Not according to Young:chuckle: - I guess Young was the mastermind behind Montana (who despises Young) winning his last two

Jackal
02-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Outside of the Steelers, the 49ers used to be my other favorite team, but I've lost all respect for Young after his repeated comments this week.

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Steve is ARodg's masseuse along with Kurt Warner

this

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2011, 02:01 PM
More from Young

"Pittsburgh is a bully that likes to pick on teams under its own size - Aaron Rodgers is a giant"

And Tom Jackson changed his pick again, this time to Green Bay (he picked Pittsburgh on Friday) - almost everyone on ESPN picking Green Bay - good

tube517
02-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Tom Jackson(who has ZERO rings) implied the Steelers got it easy because they won SB's without beating the Patriots*. He is the epitome of BSPN, Disney Channel 2's bias against the Steelers. He went into depression when the Pats* lost to the Jets.

More from Young

"Pittsburgh is a bully that likes to pick on teams under its own size - Aaron Rodgers is a giant"

And Tom Jackson changed his pick again, this time to Green Bay (he picked Pittsburgh on Friday) - almost everyone on ESPN picking Green Bay - good

SteelShadow
02-06-2011, 02:07 PM
I suppose I can understand the drool-fest on rodgers with his play of late but the sheer disrespect given BB and the STEELERS as a whole is making me want to toss cookies, preferably all over the droolers.

Wallace108
02-06-2011, 02:07 PM
More from Young

Funny, I don't remember seeing any college or high school teams on our schedule. :coffee:

I think Young suffered one too many concussions. :doh:

kirklandrules
02-06-2011, 02:08 PM
More from Young

Just goes to show the "experts" can't help but get caught up in the hype that's called Green Bay. I do think there is a good number of those folks who just don't want Pittsburgh to win and therefore, buy into that hype.

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Steve Young is a piece of shiiit that took a team Montana lead to 4 Super Bowls to just one, and beat a mediocre Chargers team. He should have NEVER made it on the first vote for the Hall of Fame and gone in at the same time as Dan Marino. Young can kiss my asss, I've never liked that closeted motherfcker at all.

3 championships my assssssssssss....he won ONE as a starter. That's it.

tony hipchest
02-06-2011, 02:19 PM
young says brady and manning have mastered the "artistry" of playing qb, and according to him, ben cant even hold a crayon to those guys.

he basically says ben is stupid and needs to work on studying the game.

hes got a bad case of "holier than thouness".

jaygorius
02-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Tom Jackson(who has ZERO rings) implied the Steelers got it easy because they won SB's without beating the Patriots*. He is the epitome of BSPN, Disney Channel 2's bias against the Steelers. He went into depression when the Pats* lost to the Jets.

This is why I can't stand these shows (why I still watch them I don't know). Guys like Tom Jackson will in one segment say the Steelers may be the best franchise ever, but then in the next segment say something like that about not beating the Pats. I really think with these guys they just take a position on an issue just to take a position, whether they truly feel it or not.

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 02:36 PM

Why doesn't he acknowledge that we beat the teams that the Pats couldn't? Broncos in 06 and the Jets this year?

4xSBChamps
02-06-2011, 02:54 PM
I think Young suffered one too many concussions.

"... was it helmet-to-helmet...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Goodellonthephone.jpg

... and was James Harrison involved???"

steelerschik
02-06-2011, 02:55 PM
young says brady and manning have mastered the "artistry" of playing qb, and according to him, ben cant even hold a crayon to those guys.

I wonder, did any of them mention that Manning never got to a SB when they had to play the Steelers? Both of their recent SB appearances came w/o playing Pitt. Guess that doesn't count though. Aaron Rodgers a "giant", lololololol. OMG, the hype of this team goes beyond sickening. Guess he'll make a really loud thud then every time he gets sacked. What a joke.

FanSince72
02-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Steve Young inherited a Super Bowl team.

Ben helped BUILD one!

xli...
02-06-2011, 03:33 PM
More from Young

This is why I've started watching NFL Network instead of ESPN.

warddj86
02-06-2011, 04:01 PM

regardless of what happens today, who has more rings, ben or peyton?

AND if we win, he ties brady...

but yeah, he needs to work on it...:doh:

El Nino
02-06-2011, 04:16 PM
steve young's claim to fame is being the first ever fantasy qb who always choked in the playoffs but had pretty stats. the mvp of his super bowl win should be the chargers because their pass defense was just downright horrible