PDA

View Full Version : How long will you able to stand it?

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 03:19 PM
We all know it's coming.

The unrelenting Steeler hate and Packer knob sucking that will spew out of the announcers mouths.

How long will you be able to stand it?

I figure I will be able to tolerate it for at most two series before I switch over to Steeler Radio and listen to Bill Hillgrove and the boys. Upon reflection I will not even bother with network announcer garbage and listen to the entire game from Hillgrove and the boys.

How about the rest of yuins?

acidburn517
02-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Is there a way to listen to pittsburgh radio on an ipad or iphone? I can't get wdve to work on either one.

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers, what a pass by Aaron Rodgers, Rodgers threaded the needle on that one.

-Joe Buck

mesaSteeler
02-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Is there a way to listen to pittsburgh radio on an ipad or iphone? I can't get wdve to work on either one.

I know there is but I don't know how. I know a fanatic steeler fan here who does listen on his iphone but since I have an android I've never tried it.

xli...
02-06-2011, 03:32 PM
When they are down by 14 or so points, maybe that will shut em up.

tony hipchest
02-06-2011, 03:33 PM
im watching FOX pregame.

do they even know theres another team there besides the packers?

worst pregame show ever

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 03:37 PM
im watching FOX pregame.

worst pregame show ever

The only reason they're slobbering Rodgers is because Buck's homeboy Romo sitting at home.

MACH1
02-06-2011, 03:40 PM
im watching FOX pregame.

worst pregame show ever

It's about the same chit on NFLN.

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2011, 03:41 PM
im watching FOX pregame.

worst pregame show ever

They opened with the Troy/Harrison interview after which I switched off for a while

Aikman, Jerry Jones & Michael Irvin on now reminiscing about the 90s Cowboys - Jimmy Johnson now sucking up to Jones - WTF?

Waiting for the Steelers segment with Franco, Joe Greene, and Bettis, after which I will be switching off until around 6 (I will skip the bullshit interview Bradshaw will be conducting of Roethlisberger that runs between 5:30 - 6)

Let's face it - Green Bay is this year''s heartwarming version of the Saints last year and thanks to Goodell + the Roethlisberger mess the Steelers are as disliked as the 2007 Patriots without the respect associated with 18-0

KingsOfTheGridiron
02-06-2011, 03:42 PM

Goto the App store and get Iheartradio or ooTunes. Iheartradio is free... it has pittsburgh channels.

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't know what it is but the announcers never bother me. Maybe I just tune them out.

tony hipchest
02-06-2011, 03:48 PM
fox has michael irvin, jimmy johnson, aikman, and jerry jones all on set.

theyre talking more about the dallas cowboys than the freaking steelers today.

its pretty damn disgusting.

(oops... looks like Dan beat me to it) :puke:

KingsOfTheGridiron
02-06-2011, 03:49 PM
fox has michael irvin, jimmy johnson, aikman, and jerry jones all on set.

theyre talking more about the dallas cowboys than the freaking steelers today.

its pretty damn disgusting.

What, you didn't like the Jerry and Jimmy hug?

4xSBChamps
02-06-2011, 03:54 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Roethlisberger-CHILLTHEFOUT.jpg

it'll be interesting to hear what the know-it-somes, stat-junkies, talking-heads, and fantasy-players are saying if Tomlin is clutching the little Silver football again in another 7 hours

:thumbsup:

acidburn517
02-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Goto the App store and get Iheartradio or ooTunes. Iheartradio is free... it has pittsburgh channels.

Thanks!

tony hipchest
02-06-2011, 04:02 PM
What, you didn't like the Jerry and Jimmy hug?

ummm....no.

:chuckle: luckilly i missed that part tuning into NFLN.

now nfln has emmit smith and d. sanders speaking HOF gibberish.

WTF!?!?!

this whold day has been like a giant NFC/Cowboys promotional stunt.

tony hipchest
02-06-2011, 04:04 PM
has FOX aired terrys interview with ben yet?

thats all im really interested in. (could really care less about the red carpet show they are putting on).

KingsOfTheGridiron
02-06-2011, 04:08 PM
ummm....no.

:chuckle: luckilly i missed that part tuning into NFLN.

now nfln has emmit smith and d. sanders speaking HOF gibberish.

WTF!?!?!

this whold day has been like a giant NFC/Cowboys promotional stunt.

Better seeing them is suits talking, than in uniforms playing.:thumbsup:

WickedSteel
02-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah, we'll all hear the announcers constantly bringing up Ben's woes, Harrison's head hunting, Ward's "dirty" blocks, the o line's woes, etc.

Every time Rodgers escapes a sack of completes a pass the drool will be coming out of Buck's mouth and her will still be talking about it 5 minutes later.

Every time there is a penalty on the Packers it will be deemed "ticky tacky" but any non calls on the Steelers will be brought front and center and lamented by the announcers.

Clay Matthews will be talked about as if he is the greatest linebacker to ever play the game. Woodson will be named the greatest corner to ever play the game. Tramon Williams will be called the next Revis. We will have to hear about BJ Raji and his endzone dance in the championship game repeatedly. Greg Jennings will be talked about as if he is the next Jerry Rice. We've already been reminded that LeBeau was actually a student of Capers when he was in Pittsburgh thus making him smarter than LeBeau.

The only hope is that the Steelers have allowed this love fest with the Packers to stew for the past two weeks and come out with a serious chip on their shoulders. I believe they will be playing against 15 when they take the field and anytime Silverback is in the vicinity of Rodgers the refs will have their hands on the flag.

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2011, 04:09 PM

thats all im really interested in. (could really care less about the red carpet show they are putting on).

Here is what we still have to look forward to before kickoff ( this list for reasons unclear to me excluded the upcoming "red carpet" appearance by Adam Sandler & Jennifer Anniston to pimp their movie (times are EST)

4:30 p.m. -- Fox News Channel`s Bill O`Reilly has a live interview with President Barack Obama (time approximate).

5:30 p.m. -- Bradshaw interviews Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger.

5:53 p.m. -- Excerpts from The Declaration of Independence as read by a number of current and former NFL greats and military personnel.

6:15 p.m. -- Michael Douglas narrates an emotional tribute to both teams and to the resiliency of America and the world, plus player introductions and national anthem leading into kickoff.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_17307511?source=most_viewed

El Nino
02-06-2011, 04:10 PM
wow all I hear is packers this packers, that, and hell, they're even talking about the COWBOYS more than the steelers. uh the cowboys aren't even playing today jackoffs. tv is turning off until the game starts

KingsOfTheGridiron
02-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks!

You're welcome.

tony hipchest
02-06-2011, 04:14 PM
thanks fot the timeline dan. :cheers:

when the hell did FOX turn into MTV?

atleast on NFL network we get breaking news that some of the temporary seats in jerryville may not be ready for the people who paid $2000+ for the nosebleeds. :doh:

id be pissed.

Bricks46
02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
On Fox pre-game show, Jamie Fox and his family is being interviewed and Jamie's girlfriend looks like she is 17 years old.

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Jennifer and Adam picked Green Bay - I wonder if I should even bother watching the game

El Nino
02-06-2011, 04:17 PM
On Fox pre-game show, Jamie Fox and his family is being interviewed and Jamie's girlfriend looks like she is 17 years old.

one of the upsides to being famous. you can be like 60 and still rail girls who are in their 20's lol

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2011, 04:18 PM

Maybe Mark Sanchez introduced her to Jamie

Steelboy84
02-06-2011, 04:24 PM
The Packers lost to Denver Warren Sapp. Don't act like they've never lost.

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2011, 04:32 PM
So much for waiting for the Steelers segments on dynasties - Franco, Bettis & Bradshaw get maybe 4 minutes shoehorned in before the O'Reilly-Obama interview - I guess America wanted to hear about those 90s Cowboys who were given significantly more time:mad:

I am off this bullshit pregame and will turn it back on around 6

Meadkins40
02-06-2011, 04:37 PM

What is up with the Red Carpet anyway? This is a football game,not the Oscars.

and don't forget why ESPN is loving on the Packers, Aaron Rodgers is dating Erin Andrews.

Meadkins40
02-06-2011, 04:42 PM
This Super Bowl is starting to remind me of 49ers vs Dolphins. All the attention was on Dan Marino and the 49ers were all but ignored. We all know what happened in that one.

4xSBChamps
02-06-2011, 04:54 PM
This Super Bowl is starting to remind me of 49ers vs Dolphins. All the attention was on Dan Marino and the 49ers were all but ignored. We all know what happened in that one.

up-and-coming young gun-slinger against a team that had won a Championship just a few years prior