PDA

View Full Version : 06/06/06 The Number of the Beast?

Suitanim
05-06-2006, 09:53 PM
No, but a good marketing day, apparently.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFriendly/0,,1-523-2158015-523,00.html

3 to be 4
05-06-2006, 11:09 PM
http://www.prophecyfulfillment.com/#eurun

It aint Bush, thats for sure. Keep watching the EU.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-06-2006, 11:16 PM
I heard Slayer was kicking off a tour on that date. I hope see them on that tour. If your 555 then I'm 666. If your 555 then I'm 666. Not a Slayer song but still a good song by Slipknot.

tony hipchest
05-06-2006, 11:16 PM
no, it isnt bush. he wasnt educated in rome.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Yea, George W. Bush was educated at Yale right? But he still sucks.

tony hipchest
05-06-2006, 11:19 PM
I heard Slayer was kicking off a tour on that date. go figure. thats a show id love to see.
:jammin:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Hell yea brother. Slayer is the sh$t.

3 to be 4
05-06-2006, 11:32 PM
I highly recommend Chapter 10

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/contents_menu.html

shimmysteelerfan
05-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Hell yea brother. Slayer is the sh$t.

i agree, i found this band on myspace called inthismoment.....they do a cover of postmortem and its so bad ass!!!! chic lead singer too check em out...http://www.myspace.com/inthismoment http://www.myspace.com/inthismoment

Suitanim
05-08-2006, 05:37 PM
One of the greatest metal songs of all time:

Trapped in purgatory
A lifeless object, alive
Awaiting reprisal
Death will be their acquisition

The sky is turning red
Return to power draws near
Fall into me, the sky's crimson tears
Abolish the rules made of stone

Pierced from below, souls of my treacherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

Awaiting the hour of reprisal
Your time slips away

Raining blood
From a lacerated sky
Bleeding its horror
Creating my structure
Now I shall reign in blood!

tony hipchest
05-08-2006, 05:43 PM
i bet even beethoven would headbang to instrumental masterpieces "orion" and call of khtulu"

Suitanim
05-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Orion is one of the most brilliant bits of drumming ever...

tony hipchest
05-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Orion is one of the most brilliant bits of drumming ever... hell yeah. ive seen metallica 4 times. and despite their new stuff they rock the old stuff just as hard as the day you 1st heard them.

but the best concert was in 92 after the and justice for all tour. they had no headlining acts. and each member did about 30 minutes each of solo, freestyling, jam sessions. (lars did orion solo) i get goosebumps just remembering it. at one point hetfield jumped on a set of drums and "sparred" with lars. amazing. and easilly the best concert ive ever seen.

better than seeing p. mccartney doing "let it be" live.

Suitanim
05-08-2006, 06:48 PM
My "Metallica moment" was at the Monsters of Rock at Three Rivers in the summer of '88. They had just released, or were about to release "Justice". They played a lot of songs off "Master", but, when they played "Harvester of Sorrow" off the new album, Jason Newsted's bass notes were SO loud it was literally thumping in my chest.

James led the crowd in a cheer of "Die, die, die" (Which is ironic, because my next concert was the Smithereens, where Pat DeNizio led the crowd in a chant of "Flowers, flowers, flowers"...talk about juxtaposition!)
That was almost 20 years ago, but I can remember it like it was yesterday.

tony hipchest
05-08-2006, 07:04 PM
My "Metallica moment" was at the Monsters of Rock at Three Rivers in the summer of '88. They had just released, or were about to release "Justice". They played a lot of songs off "Master", but, when they played "Harvester of Sorrow" off the new album, Jason Newsted's bass notes were SO loud it was literally thumping in my chest.

James led the crowd in a cheer of "Die, die, die" (Which is ironic, because my next concert was the Smithereens, where Pat DeNizio led the crowd in a chant of "Flowers, flowers, flowers"...talk about juxtaposition!)
That was almost 20 years ago, but I can remember it like it was yesterday. when they toured with faith no more and guns n roses, i got to work back stage with the catering co. i was with, in las cruces. after watching much of their set we went behind the stage and sat on the grassy hills leading to the locker room for the last few songs. me and 2 co-workers clapped as they walked by and said how they rocked. they were gracious, and said thanks. axl rose, duff and the big haired bassist from faith no more were *******s. (i stole the ashtray from axl roses locker room though. - no i didnt keep the butts.) he was pissed cause i served up his 2 bottles of dom iced down in a large metal salad bowl. we didnt have no wine chillers. he bashed new mexico on stage so hes lucky i didnt wipe boogers on his cheese plate. or piss in his bottle of jack.

metallica closed with "greenhell" from garage days. as a huge misfits fan it was all i could ask for.

j-dawg
05-08-2006, 07:51 PM
hell yeah. ive seen metallica 4 times. and despite their new stuff they rock the old stuff just as hard as the day you 1st heard them.

but the best concert was in 92 after the and justice for all tour. they had no headlining acts. and each member did about 30 minutes each of solo, freestyling, jam sessions. (lars did orion solo) i get goosebumps just remembering it. at one point hetfield jumped on a set of drums and "sparred" with lars. amazing. and easilly the best concert ive ever seen.

better than seeing p. mccartney doing "let it be" live.

i saw that show at the old coliseum... good times, good times....

tony hipchest
05-08-2006, 07:55 PM
i saw that show at the old coliseum... good times, good times.... and they had the octagonal shaped stage that they rotated around on, so everyone in the house got to see them head on. great show and it was trully put on with the fans in mind.

Suitanim
05-08-2006, 07:59 PM
That GNR/Metallica tour was supposed to be just a wild ride...that was when half of GNR was so drunk they couldn't stand up, and the other half was so messed up on junk that standing up would have been the high point of the night...and then there was Axl, who was probably worse than all the rest of them combined.

clevestinks
05-08-2006, 08:04 PM
we thought of leaving for LA during that week, when I pulled up that day i decided to wait until the weekend, we leave 6/10

tony hipchest
05-08-2006, 08:13 PM
That GNR/Metallica tour was supposed to be just a wild ride...that was when half of GNR was so drunk they couldn't stand up, and the other half was so messed up on junk that standing up would have been the high point of the night...and then there was Axl, who was probably worse than all the rest of them combined. im sure youve heard of the divas and their locker room requests before shows. for one, each band had their own dressing room. but axl had a seperate one of his own. on his list was 2 bottles of jack, 2 bottles of dom, a carton of marlboro lights, the latest issue of playboy, 2 cases each of corona, bud, coors light, bud light, and heineken. along with all the food.

i took a cheese plate to faith no mores locker room and happened to catch the band in there. not wanting to intrude, i just asked the lead singer if they wanted it. he pointed me towards the bassist and said he was the one who liked cheese. he asked me if i was gonna rub it on his feet. offended, i said "no". set it down and walked out. i think he was disappointed. "duff" was so hopped up on the horse he could barely walk, talk and their were worries he would even be able to make the show.

although never really a big fan, i never listened to faith no more or guns n roses ever since (they did have the orchestra there to preform "november rain" which was pretty awesome live though). coincidentally enough, neither band has really done shit since then.

metallica were the only "real" ones out of the bunch.

this was the tour where hetfield burned his arm on the pyrotechnics and had a guest guitarist

Suitanim
05-08-2006, 08:27 PM
I guess that's about expected though, no? Pour constant adulation on undeserving weirdo's and it starts to go to their heads...

tony hipchest
05-08-2006, 08:49 PM
I guess that's about expected though, no? Pour constant adulation on undeserving weirdo's and it starts to go to their heads...

exactly. anyone who knows, knows k. hammett has the disposition of t. polamalu. walking down a narrow hall with our platters and hammett was walking the opposite way with his guitar. he was the one to move out of the way and say "excuse me". its little things like that will make you respect 1 person over another.

3 to be 4
05-08-2006, 10:45 PM
I think some more prohesies have been fulfilled during this thread

tony hipchest
05-08-2006, 10:56 PM
I think some more prohesies have been fulfilled during this threadyou mean like david blaine surviving holding his breath for more than 7 minutes?

3 to be 4
05-08-2006, 10:59 PM
maybe someone liking anything better than seeing Paul McCartney live

tony hipchest
05-08-2006, 11:52 PM
maybe someone liking anything better than seeing Paul McCartney live o.k. you got me there. every beatle song he did was dead on point. (you couldnt even tell it wasnt the beatles) and when he did "let it be" was when it hit me.... (he perfomed the song as a tribute to john lennon with great video footage and hallucinogenic images on the big screens.)

"this is as close as i will ever get to seeing the beatles, live in concert" (i wasnt even born the last time they toured)

to this day it has to be the best live performance of any song that ive ever seen. and ive seen plenty. anyone who saw him on the grammys knows he can still preform.

j-dawg
05-09-2006, 01:33 AM
you mean like david blaine surviving holding his breath for more than 7 minutes?
on saturday night live this past weekend they said david blaine was going to live in that tank of water for a few days... and when he gets out... maybe do a magic trick!

3 to be 4
05-09-2006, 06:37 AM
o.k. you got me there. every beatle song he did was dead on point. (you couldnt even tell it wasnt the beatles) and when he did "let it be" was when it hit me.... (he perfomed the song as a tribute to john lennon with great video footage and hallucinogenic images on the big screens.)

"this is as close as i will ever get to seeing the beatles, live in concert" (i wasnt even born the last time they toured)

to this day it has to be the best live performance of any song that ive ever seen. and ive seen plenty. anyone who saw him on the grammys knows he can still preform.

when i saw him in 1990 it was at the beginning of the tour and i couldnt believe the energy he had running all over the place.
btw, i just saw another classic performance, this was on TV. In November 2004 U2 was on SNL and they closed the show during the credits with an awesome performance of "I Will Follow". the best musical SNL moment i ever saw.
another btw, CCM music is only here because of the barriers broken by early U2. They were my 2nd favorite group, behind the Beatles of course, since the early 80's and all those years it never dawned on me, and millions of others, what most of their early lyrics were about. They've gotten back to it lately. But "I Will Follow" is an incredible song, one of my favorite of theirs, along with "Bad" (best Live Aid moment) and many others

ARKIESTEEL
05-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Seen Ozzy in Memphis was the very best show i seen back before the tv show i guess maybe it was 93 or something. but anyway the folks at the show scared this old redneck to death

Suitanim
05-09-2006, 03:31 PM
I heard on VH1 that Dokken and Lynch, although they still hate each other, vowed to reunite and tour.

No offense to Reb Beach, but he just wanted able to do those songs (and especially the solo's) justice.