theplatypus
02-06-2011, 10:06 PM
You got it done

sacredgrooves
02-06-2011, 10:09 PM
they deserve it.

BritishSteel
02-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Yep, well done Green Bay - when you were under pressure you didn't break. We didn't deserve it and you did.

Still hurts though.

Ricco Suavez
Same here they played a sound ball game. We on the other hand played perhaps one of our worst games of the year and it was not all Green Bays defense. But Rodgers is the real deal and gave our defense fits, short field and all.

SteelCityMom
Big congrats to Green Bay and all their fans!

Obviously wish the Steelers had won, but I can't think of a better franchise (other than the Steelers :chuckle: ) to get the win.

Good game tonight and enjoy the celebration.

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 10:11 PM
they deserve it.

We were sloppy and they played well.

Atlanta Dan
Agreed- up 28-25 Rodgers pured that pass on 3rd and 10 from his 20

SteelersBry79
I'm not as disappointed as I thought, but it still stings. Congrats Green Bay! Great team this year, you deserve it, but payback's a bitch :tt03:

GREAT SEASON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Kai
02-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Very good game up until the very end. Congrats to the Packers (my second favorite team actually) See you all next year.

Only thing now till August is Penguins hockey for me.

StainlessStill
02-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Congrats to Green Bay! Well deserved! Great SB. Well earned.

Need4spd
02-06-2011, 10:17 PM
We didn't deserve to win that game. Three turnovers and they still had the ball with two minutes left. Absolutely no excuses. Green Bay played an efficient and sound game, congrats to them.

Hirsch
02-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Their Defense kicked our ass. Ours did not do any thing for us. Theirs was better on this day.

Farrior_roirraW
02-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Good game GB. Definitely outplayed us.

Buddha Bus
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
My hat's off to them. They got the job done and we didn't, plain and simple. Couldn't happen to a better team (other than the Steelers!).

jjpro11
02-06-2011, 10:45 PM
they definitely deserved it.. if not for all those wide open dropped passes, it probably would have been over a lot sooner.

Packers4ever
02-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks to all you classy Steeler fans. I was really worried Ben was gonna pull it out there at the end. Congrats to you all on a great season.

bhoov
02-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Congrats Green Bay. You played a hell of a game.

4xSBChamps
congrats to the only franchise & fan-base that can rival ours

would like another shot at yinz guyz next year, on the first Sunday of February

enjoy the Lombardi Trophy being in the location that Lombardi-himself made famous!

chacha
Green Bay is a great organization, so if we had to lose at least it was to a good team

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks to all you classy Steeler fans. I was really worried Ben was gonna pull it out there at the end. Congrats to you all on a great season.

Thanks! And congrats to Rodgers for winning MVP.

Sucks we lost, but at least it was to an extremely respectable franchise.... Enjoy and come back anytime!

gbpacker40
What a game...I know we get overlooked because of our record....but man this team has been lights out all year. I look forward to meeting you again on the same stage in the next 5 years......You guys are legit, Legursky played dam good which i didnt expect...Capers really seemed like he went to a more 4-3 look which was strange and didnt get much pressure on Ben early....But over time I think you guys have learned anew found respect for us, like I have for you. I honestly was expecting some dirty hits, and glad to see that didnt happen. Much respect to the 2nd most knowledgeable fans in the league...

tanda10506
We turned the ball over 3 times and it was still only a 3 point game. I'm not sure if you guys played great or if we played that bad. I think it was the latter. But you guys didn't collapse and didn't turn it over at all, good job.

SeinfeldNut
02-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Congrats to the Packers, they are a classy organization from the owner on down & have a very loyal fan base. They did a phenomial job of overcoming a mountain of injuries to make the playoffs and then play their best ball during the playoffs. I tip my hat to them, congrats!

VegasStlrFan
02-06-2011, 10:52 PM
congrats to GB, Rogers lived up to the hype.

4xSBChamps
02-06-2011, 10:56 PM
You guys are legit, Legursky played dam good which i didnt expect...

it's a shame, but 2 years from now, nobody will recall the job done by Legursky in-defeat ~ he wasn't the weak-link tonight

the GB secondary played well despite their-own injuries in the 1st half and should be commended

pancake
02-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Yep, well done Green Bay - when you were under pressure you didn't break. We didn't deserve it and you did.

Still hurts though.

Ditto... :-(

madtowndrunkard
02-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Yes.... it makes me sick....but we gift wrapped the Lombardi. If you turn the ball over 3 X you deserve to lose. Ben and Mendy were the GOATS OF THIS GAME.

If I were to appoint the MVP.... it would be Mendy . That fumble was the back breaker.

First INT was a horrible throw by ben and the defender got his arm on Bens arm.

2nd INT should have been called a pass interference .

Mendy's fumble was in excusable. That was the back breaker. Our own mistakes gift wrapped a SB to GB. damn....as a team we out played them. Mendy is a choker. Trade him. He'll never win us a SB. He is a loser.

Enough of the Ben is a HOF QB. He had the opportunity of his life and he failed. A HOF QB wins that game.

Farrior_roirraW
02-06-2011, 11:00 PM
damn....as a team we out played them. Mendy is a choker. Trade him. He'll never win us a SB. He is a loser.

:rofl::doh:

If we outplayed GB we'd have more hardware tonight. Period.

tony hipchest
02-06-2011, 11:01 PM
packers played a great game and won it fair and square. i believe they were only penalized once, which is a true testament to their discipline.

kudos.

steelers offense giveing the ball up 3 times killed us, and it had alot to do with packer's pressure.

Mikewi
02-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Great posts Much respect to all the Steelers fans

tony hipchest
02-06-2011, 11:03 PM
I honestly was expecting some dirty hits, and glad to see that didnt happen. Much respect to the 2nd most knowledgeable fans in the league...

expecting dirty hits proves you are not amongst the most knowledgable fans in the league.

:coffee:

gbpacker40
02-06-2011, 11:03 PM
packers played a great game and won it fair and square. i believe they were only penalized once, which is a true testament to their discipline.

kudos.

steelers offense giveing the ball up 3 times killed us, and it had alot to do with packer's pressure.

Think we had 7 and you had 6...But thats better than the 18 we had against the Bores earlier.

Buddha Bus
02-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Yes.... it makes me sick....but we gift wrapped the Lombardi. If you turn the ball over 3 X you deserve to lose. Ben and Mendy were the GOATS OF THIS GAME.

If I were to appoint the MVP.... it would be Mendy . That fumble was the back breaker.

Mendy's fumble was in excusable. That was the back breaker. Our own mistakes gift wrapped a SB to GB. damn....as a team we out played them. Mendy is a choker. Trade him. He'll never win us a SB. He is a loser.

Enough of the Ben is a HOF QB. He had the opportunity of his life and he failed. A HOF QB wins that game.

:doh: Sad, so sad.

gbpacker40
02-06-2011, 11:09 PM
:doh: Sad, so sad.

Not trying to rub it in at all....But do you think our defense had a big "decision" on your mistakes? Mendys fumble was a great hit....The 1st int was a great play by Green and Collins....etc...

FanSince72
02-06-2011, 11:11 PM
I don't see this game as having anyone in particular responsible for what happened.

This was just a game between to very evenly matched teams and it was going to be decided by a mistake by one of them and this time around it just happened to be us.

Does it bother me?

Of course it does.

But I can't say that we played a bad game; it's just that Green Bay played a better one. They played their hearts out and capitalized when they had their opportunities, just as we did when we had ours. They just had more opportunities than us.

Green Bay is a fine football team, well coached and disciplined and though I may still believe that the "best" team didn't win, the "better" one certainly did tonight and I congratulate them for it!

So to all Green Bay fans, Great game! Great season!

And maybe we'll get a chance to mix it up again next year!

tony hipchest
02-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Think we had 7 and you had 6...But thats better than the 18 we had against the Bores earlier.yep. youre right. it just seems the packers pentalties had no impact at all and the steeler's were killer and happened at the most inopportune times.

i gusee the good thing is, i thought if we lost the refs would have a hand in it.

they called a good game, and the steelers have nobody to blame but themselves.

Curdoisseur
02-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Kudos to the Steelers for staying in that game, despite the mistakes and giving up a good lead to the Pack. Made it way too close for my tastes. Ben was a gamer and did a lot right, your defense put Rodgers and company into some very difficult positions. Aaron had to be incredibly precise to get the ball in on some of those great third down conversions - he had to play a helluva game to keep the Pack ahead. True enough that the Packer receivers could've put it farther out of reach, but the Steelers showed a lot of backbone and made it another very exciting Superbowl.

The Curtain's Crusader
02-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Yep, congrats to the Packers! Especially coming in as the 6 seed. We didn't make it hard on them, to say the least, but they did what they had to when we gave them the opportunities.

oregonfootball
02-07-2011, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post

Sad, so sad.

I'm not going to cry about it, but it hurts.

JetsFan
02-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Congrats Packers!!! I have always been a Jets fan, but never did hate the Steelers before the AFC Championship game. Going to Heinz Field really opened my eyes to what kind of fans the Steelers have. I don't care about the typical vulgar chants and screams you hear in most stadiums, but the 9/11 chants by the Steelers fans in my section will forever make me hate the Steelers. I am so glad to see them lose.

MACH1
02-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Congrats Packers!!! I have always been a Jets fan, but never did hate the Steelers before the AFC Championship game. Going to Heinz Field really opened my eyes to what kind of fans the Steelers have. I don't care about the typical vulgar chants and screams you hear in most stadiums, but the 9/11 chants by the Steelers fans in my section will forever make me hate the Steelers. I am so glad to see them lose.

:binky:

louieyak
02-07-2011, 01:09 AM
"packer fans are gay"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWpB6trzDdE

tony hipchest
02-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Congrats Packers!!! I have always been a Jets fan, but never did hate the Steelers before the AFC Championship game. Going to Heinz Field really opened my eyes to what kind of fans the Steelers have. I don't care about the typical vulgar chants and screams you hear in most stadiums, but the 9/11 chants by the Steelers fans in my section will forever make me hate the Steelers. I am so glad to see them lose.go be a pu$$y elsewhere, you pu$$y.

try the boards at espn.com or sportsline.

JetsFan
02-07-2011, 01:10 AM
:binky:

Yup, you got it. Apparently mocking the death of 3,000 Americans is acceptable to you. Thanks for reinforcing my belief.

tony hipchest
02-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Yup, you got it. Apparently mocking the death of 3,000 Americans is acceptable to you. Thanks for reinforcing my belief.

you are probably from nebraska, living in nebraska. take solice in the fact that the packers woulda mopped the field with the jets' asses.

go whine elsewhere.

The Curtain's Crusader
02-07-2011, 01:13 AM

Didn't you already have a topic about this before? You know that if those things were said they were the words of a few idiots, and probably drunk too. I'm sure all Jets fans are the nicest , most well-manered fans and never say anything stupid.

MACH1
02-07-2011, 01:14 AM

Don't be a douche. :binky:

JetsFan
02-07-2011, 01:14 AM
go be a pu$$y elsewhere, you pu$$y.

try the boards at espn.com or sportsline.

Very mature. I enjoyed seeing those dirtbags stroll off the field as losers. Serves 'em right.

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 01:15 AM

Shut up troll.

GBpack2010
02-07-2011, 01:16 AM
You guys will be back. Thanks for the congrats. In 1998 we lost to Denver in heartbreaking fashion and their fans rubbed it in our face. That one hurt for a long time especiallly when their fans just pushed it in our face. I love the Steelers second to the pack and I remember I was so happy when you guys kicked their butts in the 2005 AFC Title game.

GBpack2010
02-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Hey Jets fan your just bitter cause you lost to Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Your coach and your team dont have any class like the Packers and Steelers do. Go whine elsewhere.

Wallace108
02-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Very mature. I enjoyed seeing those dirtbags stroll off the field as losers. Serves 'em right.

I'm not even going to waste my time with this nonsense. Just like your douchebag coach, you're an attention w.hore. F.U.C.K. you and your shitty team. :fingers:

-------------------------------

Congratulations to the Packers and their fans. They deserve it. They're a great organization with great fans. Feeling happy for them takes a LITTLE sting out of the pain of losing. So congrats, Cheeseheads. There are NO excuses here .... you guys earned it. You were the better team on this Sunday.

As far as Steeler Nation, NO ONE, including most of us, expected us to make the playoffs this year, much less reach the Super Bowl. It was a GREAT journey. Although we didn't get to where we wanted to be, we certainly enjoyed the ride. Here's to Steeler Nation ... we gave it our best, and our best wasn't good enough on this Sunday. But we'll be back. :tt03:

illmatic
02-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Congrats Green Bay, and to the true Packers fans, not the ones who joined the bandwagon three weeks ago. They're a classy organization and deserve it. At least it wasn't the Patriots or Cowboys that won it.

Wallace108
02-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Apparently you did waste your time on it.

I've got nothing but love for the Packers and their fans, so I'm not going to address your idiocy in this thread.

But if you're feeling froggy and want to take this to the Blast Furnace, I'm game. :popcorn:

pjfoley4vb
02-07-2011, 02:10 AM

It's too bad every fanbase has "that guy." You, sir, are that guy. I believe (I honestly could be wrong so if I am I apologize) that you were the one who was saying in a previous thread that the Packers (or anyone from the NFC) would lose to the Steelers, Ravens, Jets, and Patriots, and that our 9-0 win AT the Jets earlier in the year meant nothing because they turned the ball over. It could have also been you who was saying that your passing offense was better than ours. Your passing offense is no doubt good, but it's not on the same level as ours. You clearly lack the football knowledge that the rest of the Steelers fans have.

To the rest of you Steelers fans on here, thank you for the congratulations. You're a very classy organization and a very class fanbase. I have earned a lot of respect for you guys over the last couple of weeks. Really wasn't sure we had what it would take to beat you, but that was a great, hard fought game that could have gone either way in the end. I was very surprised/impressed with how good your offensive line played despite all of the injuries.

See you a year from this weekend!

stb_steeler
02-07-2011, 02:46 AM
You guys will be back. Thanks for the congrats. In 1998 we lost to Denver in heartbreaking fashion and their fans rubbed it in our face. That one hurt for a long time especiallly when their fans just pushed it in our face. I love the Steelers second to the pack and I remember I was so happy when you guys kicked their butts in the 2005 AFC Title game.

Our 2005 season was just like yours this year.6th seed's goin on the road to win it all. It seems when that happens the harder the battle the more they win.

Fire Arians
02-07-2011, 03:58 AM
our defense didn't even show up. really disappointing but nothing taken from gb, you were the better team.

PackAttack
02-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Wow, what a game!
Terrible to see so many players go down with injury, makes me wonder a bit about that Cowboys stadium, is the turf a problem?

Fairplay to Tomlin, he's a class act.
So too the team he leads.
Was kinda sad in a way it had to be the Steelers in the SB. If the Packers aren't playing i'm cheering for them.

Hope to see you in Dublin.

stlrtruck
02-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Congratulations Green Bay Packers. You EARNED this. When it mattered in the second half you made the plays and never lost your poise.

4xSBChamps
02-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Hope to see you in Dublin.

never-happen... Ms. Goodell will never take a home-date away from either of these two franchises... his European-experiment will continue to consist of a team that has mass-appeal, playing a 'road' game against some of the have-nots of the League

quiggle
02-07-2011, 09:22 AM
http://josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=6580

Mexburgh
02-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Well, I actually like Green Bay, if it wasn't they were playing agains our loved Pittsburgh Steelers I wouldn't be so damn sad....

Congratulations Green Bay, very well played!

quiggle
02-07-2011, 11:16 AM
I guess as a way to rub it in to Steelers for beating the Jets, the Empite State Building in New York will be lighted up in Packers colors tonight!

SacknificentStew56
02-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Congrats Pack!! Aaron Rodgers did a great job.

coffeecup
02-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Congratulations to the Packers on being the Super Bowl XLV champs! You played a great game. Congratulations also the the Packer's fans for showing such great support of your team! Enjoy the victory.

GBpack2010
02-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Here is to a rematch next year. I felt bad for Polamalu, seems like a great guy and a class act.

pete74
02-07-2011, 02:51 PM
i said before this game that i love green bay. there my 2nd favorite team and when there not playing the steelers i am rooting for them. i love that there the smallest nfl market by far and the only team owned by the city instead of an individual person. if we had to lose to someone i would rather it be green bay then anyone else and im glad rodgers finally got out of favre's shadow

GBpack2010
02-07-2011, 03:18 PM
i said before this game that i love green bay. there my 2nd favorite team and when there not playing the steelers i am rooting for them. i love that there the smallest nfl market by far and the only team owned by the city instead of an individual person. if we had to lose to someone i would rather it be green bay then anyone else and im glad rodgers finally got out of favre's shadow

If we had lost I would have said the same about losing to Pittsburgh. You guys would be easy to lose to compared to any other team.