PDA

View Full Version : Post game thread

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Keep your post game thoughts here.

Wish the Steelers had won, but TO's cost them the game.

On to next season. Congrats to GB!

TheBigKahuna
02-06-2011, 10:11 PM
To all Steeler fans:

My condolences

As we Lions fans say

There is always next year....well maybe not this team if there is no CBA

steelax04
02-06-2011, 10:11 PM
The sports' biggest stage and to lay an egg like that? Game wasn't even as close as the score.

JCPsteelers
02-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Turnovers, corners that can't cover, Big Ben not accurate is the reason we lost.

Mendenhall fumble was a killer but we had a chance to stop Green Bay down 28-25. Couldn't do it.

Very disappointing performance.

frunko1
02-06-2011, 10:12 PM
every key player dissapeared in the game.

polamalu, harrison, ben, wallace,

and also after the ravens game and that fumble incident wouldn't you think they would have worked on that.

GoldJohn
02-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Oh well... we need to learn from this year and fix all of our problems, our o line and corners etc

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 10:13 PM
We were down by 18 and made it interesting. At least we didn't pack it like so many teams would have done. All in all it was a great season considering the adversity that they faced.

SteelersBry79
02-06-2011, 10:14 PM
No interference call on the last play? Are you shitting me?!!!!!!!!! Turnovers, no hurry up offense, dumb penalties..........oh well, at least we still got 6 Super Bowls titles :chuckle:

Hayeksheroes
02-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Choke

frunko1
02-06-2011, 10:15 PM
also on that last drive you would think they would have preplanned the first 10 plays so everyone would be on the same page...

what the hell was that

steelax04
02-06-2011, 10:16 PM
No interference call on the last play? Are you shitting me?!!!!!!!!! Turnovers, no hurry up offense, dumb penalties..........oh well, at least we still got 6 Super Bowls titles :chuckle:

It was not interference... and holy hell if they would have called PI. I can just hear all the other teams' fans yelling about how the Steelers and the refs have buttsecks...

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2011, 10:16 PM
It's disappointing - only Steeler that came up big was Ward (Roethlisberger took a step back in this game)- but there is a reason the Pack was favored

BlockMonsta
02-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Once again Big ben proves how great he is in the big game....

ETL
02-06-2011, 10:18 PM
That last drive looked sloppy

Ben was throwing the ball high all game and he did it again to Wallace with that last play

Defense couldn't stop them of two long 3-10s. I told my son just before this plays happened that these were the key plays of the game - stopping them there would have been as good as a turnover. But our defense failed to get pressure and Rodgers burned them for large gains.

Lots of Steelers seemed to be slipping throughout the game. Did they pick the wrong shoes ?

Refs called no penalties on Pack the first half. Then gave us two make up calls. I didn't like the Fox call but that is not what cost us the game.

I'm really down. I thought we could have easily won this game but those TOs really killed us. Ben got sacked only once but he played poorly throwing the ball high and off the mark.

Losing sanders really hurt but they lost Woodson and driver so no excuses there.

Kai
02-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Not the best day to have a bad game. Despite all of the mistakes, they still managed to make the game interesting and not allow a blowout. Just readjust and fix problems in the offseason.

SteelersBry79
02-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Once again Big ben proves how great he is in the big game....

You better believe he'll be back in the SB to redeem himself..........again :banging:

frunko1
02-06-2011, 10:20 PM
also pawn stars is on if anyone needs something to watch to calm down

Steelercrazy
02-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Just disappointed that the defense didn't have the best representation today...... wonder what happened. I couldn't even watch the postgame.

Buddha Bus
02-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Congrats to Green Bay. they played a helluva game and we made too many mistakes. It was a miracle we had a chance at the end with all of the turnovers. My hat's off to the Packers and their fans. You were classy and deserved it. :hatsoff:

sasquatch
02-06-2011, 10:22 PM
The pain is still too near for me.....

Steelercrazy
02-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Indeed! The Packers played to win!

ZoneBlitzer
02-06-2011, 10:24 PM
The game unfolded exactly as I expected it to. My prediction was 31 to 17 or 31 to 24 Green Bay. My reasoning behind this was concern over the way the offense had been playing and the fact the Steelers corners didn't match up well against a vastly superior receiving corps.

The Steelers could never stop turning the ball over all post season long. Ben DID NOT play well against NYJ despite the media's characterization and some of the protests of the fans on this board. There were several and I mean several near pick off opportunities that he got away with.

It looked like that in today's game that inaccuracy and inherent disrespect for the ball that he has finally came home to roost. You just can't dig a hole like that and expect your defense to bail you out against a superior offense and QB like that. You just can't.

My hat is off to GB. I have no ill will to them whatsoever. There's some good Pittsburgh people over there and I like the way they play even if they are a little pass-happy. Aaron Rodgers is an elite QB. And it pains me to say this, but lets face it, Ben is no longer in that category. Personally, I feel that Ben has regressed this year. I wonder if losing a threat like Holmes and having to get those young receivers up to speed has contributed to his set back. Also, I have to wonder just how bad his foot and knee are and when we will hear of surgery announcements.

In the end, if you're going to lose, it's good to lose to a class organization such as the GB Packers. As for this corp group. I don't know if I seeing them getting there again. They seemed so ill prepared for this game. They started out with a 3 and out and that just about summed up this game and this season. This year's Steelers were good in spots and very poor in other and most of the blame falls on the offense who time and time again put their defense in a hole. Eventually it caught up to them and they paid the price.

One other thing. I hope this will finally bring the end to Arians reign of terror and the oft-used bubble screen.

ETL
02-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Congrats to GB. Can't dislike Aaron Rodgers. Glad that he won it instead of Farve.

rocckbottomxmen
02-06-2011, 10:27 PM
The sports' biggest stage and to lay an egg like that? Game wasn't even as close as the score.

I respectfully have to disagree with you there. When we dominated the 3rd on defense the offense just could not get in the end zone. But I think it was really as close as the finally score with the momentum changes throughout

MattsMe
02-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Congratulations to Green Bay. A different team will win it next year, and a different team the year after that.

The NFL hasn't been any fun to watch since the middle of this season. The games we win feel just like the ones we lose. Maybe it's just me.

Buddha Bus
02-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Choke

Once again, find another team. You're a bandwagon douche. Maybe you can be a Patties fan next year because we sure as hell don't need your ass. Please log out now, you are a classless asshat that is not here for any constructive or complimentary reason. WE DON'T NEED YOU!

Ricco Suavez
02-06-2011, 10:31 PM
On to the draft. Hopefully to fill some holes that have been exposed. Still got a great nucleus, Farrior and Ward both will be either retiring or in lesser roles. Hopefully Troy can stay healthy one full year. Hopefully Ben keeps his nose out of suspect situations and comes in focused for another year. All things considered we had a great run this year for a team that was suppose to finish third in our division.

SPUTZSTER
Green Bay loses both of their premier d-backs and we produce nothing in that last drive! K. Fox (a 7 yr. back-up)costs us another 15 yards at a crucial point late in the game. W. Gay gets burned game after game despite giving up a 10-12 yard cushion off the snap. The O-line did a commendable job of keeping Green Bay off of Ben's back. We ran the ball well. Raji was no factor. How did we ever lose????

steeltheone
Turnovers 3 to zip end of story

harrison'samonster
02-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Congratulations to GB. Can't turn the ball over like than and expect to win against good teams. The officiating was good.

I thought the turning point was missing that field goal. Then Mendenhall fumbling it away was a killer. But we've got to be proud of this team, they hung in there until the end.

therocksteeler
Ya just can't give the ball up that many times in the superbowl to the Packers and expect to win!

But hell ya we will be back!!!!!!!!

:tt::tt03:

GoldJohn
well at least maybe arians will get fired

Hayeksheroes
02-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Ben threw the game away literally. He could not hit a barn. Should have been studying game film instead of singing Piano Man.

frunko1
02-06-2011, 10:35 PM
i was wondering why he didn't try wearing that damn glove in the second half

Buddha Bus
Ben threw the game away literally. He could not hit a barn. Should have been studying game film instead of singing Piano Man.

Please leave. You're a tool.

dez09231
It's the same old Ben. He'll miss those easy throws, but make the hard ones. It's not his fault we lost.

The defense came out flat, then Ben missed some throws, yes. . . but in the end, there just weren't enough playmakers on the field.

Come down to it, 2 minutes left, championship on the line. . . there is no one i'd rather have.

chacha
02-06-2011, 10:36 PM
eh he wasnt bad, just not a great day

Buddha Bus
02-06-2011, 10:36 PM
well at least maybe arians will get fired

We can only hope.

NYC_Steeler
02-06-2011, 10:37 PM
He sucked tonight - plain and simple. Too many high balls and bad decisions. Stupid penalty by Fox on the kick return with 2 mins to go did not help.

SteelKnight
I hope this will make us look at Nmandi or Jonathan Joseph. The Cbs are a weak link.

If Lebeau retires, I'm fine. Hopefully Butler would know how to run Lebeau's schemes but mix it up with occasional man D. Lebeau don't change it up when it is not working and with no pass rush, people are open in his D.

SteelCityMom

Enjoy your week long vacation. Use it to chill the f out.

No need to make a thread for every thought you have on the game.

Buddha Bus
02-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Enjoy your week long vacation. Use it to chill the f out.

No need to make a thread for every thought you have on the game.

Wow, SCM! 2 for 2 on ignorant, bandwagon crybabies! I love it! Keep up the good work! :hatsoff:

SeinfeldNut
02-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Big Ben just never looked comfortable out there. Turnovers were inexplicable. I tip my hat to Green Bay, they took advantage of those turnovers and had enough drives to hold us off.

frunko1
speaking of ben's throw's though, it is odd after him having trouble, why he didn't try that glove he always uses. Maybe he should have kept with it

SteelCityMom
Wow, SCM! 2 for 2 on ignorant, bandwagon crybabies! I love it! Keep up the good work! :hatsoff:

The banhammer is strong tonight. :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2011, 10:42 PM
-3 in Turnovers

that'll do it in just about any game, let alone the Super Bowl.

SeinfeldNut
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Still very happy about the future of this team, this loss will be all the motivation this team needs for the offseason and then come out firing for next season.

Ricco Suavez
02-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Anyone other than me thought that we should of punted instead of trying to match Suisham"s career long FG attempt. Hind sight aside I was yelling punt. Rodgers was rattled at that time and we let him out from his Goal line's shadow and he came alive again. We in spite of the three TO and inconsistent play on both sides of the ball had momentum and had a chance to take a lead in the third quarter. Oh well like I said Hindsight is a luxury of the fan.

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 10:44 PM
-3 in Turnovers

that'll do it in just about any game, let alone the Super Bowl.

The 3rd one was the killer. We managed to tread water long enough after two, too make it interesting.

ETL
02-06-2011, 10:45 PM
I am down and feel that we don't have the ingredients to stay competitive. Ben looked bad today and that means any given crucial Sunday, he can be really bad. That was something that I wouldn't have believed until I saw today. I know he will have his strong games but now the possibility of him choking on the biggest stage is a distinct possibility.

Ricco Suavez
02-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Another thought on Ben. We do not know the extent of his twisted knee he suffered in the first. It could very well be worse than any of us know. At least he did not pull a Cutler. I for one thought the field was slick for some reason, saw a lot of players slip and several injuries.

Dino 6 Rings
down 6 with 2 mins left and 87 yards to go...

dang...that would have been legendary...instead...sigh...

SteelCityMom
Anyone other than me thought that we should of punted instead of trying to match Suisham"s career long FG attempt. Hind sight aside I was yelling punt. Rodgers was rattled at that time and we let him out from his Goal line's shadow and he came alive again. We in spite of the three TO and inconsistent play on both sides of the ball had momentum and had a chance to take a lead in the third quarter. Oh well like I said Hindsight is a luxury of the fan.

I was with you on that. Hated that FG attempt and wanted to just pin them deep. Don't think it would have mattered much in the long run though. IIRC, we stopped them for no points on their drive after that. (Can't remember clearly though).

Farrior_roirraW
down 6 with 2 mins left and 87 yards to go...

dang...that would have been legendary...instead...sigh...

I know! :banging:

Buddha Bus
02-06-2011, 10:48 PM
The banhammer is strong tonight. :chuckle:

I am going to call you Thor (or maybe Thorette) from now on. You just earned a House nickname! :chuckle: :thumbsup:

ETL
02-06-2011, 10:49 PM
This defense can really use a shut down corner. Ike gave up a huge gain to Jennings on a crucial 3rd and ten. I am down on Ike right now. I don't want to spend a ton of money on him.

Rick5895
02-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Here are my thoughts for what they are worth.

Ben was off today, but personally I will give him a pass, he has brought us titles as well but the loss is not totally on him.

Legursky was outstanding tonight. I can see him being one of our starting guards next season.

I said this on the game day thread, Keyaron Fox needs to go. That penalty he took is way too familiar to me, he takes way too many of those types of penalties and they always cost us.

With the exception of the ridiculas call on the pick six, I though BA called a decent game.

I think we will be better next season and be right back in the Super Bowl. Our O Line will be better and some young guys (Hood) played outstanding this season and that will cary us forward!!

I absolutely refuse to be pessimistic.

madtowndrunkard
02-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Like everyone predicted....Arians and his unit failed us. The defense did their best and held their own. The offense committed 3 turnovers in a game that came down to 6 points.

This SB will be remembered by me as sloppy play from Ben and a back breaking fumble by Mendy. They are the two GOATS of the game.

No defending the offense in this one. Ben and Mendy choked.

the defense showed up. We handed them 21 points. The greatest defense on earth cant over come that. Arians unit dug a hole they could not dig them selves out of.

It sucks because we ran all over them. If we don't start the game 14-0 we easily beat them just by running it down their throats.

Ben and Mendy choked.....in the biggest game of their lives. You can no longer call Ben a lock for the HOF. When we needed him to win it, he failed.

Rick5895
02-06-2011, 10:51 PM
This defense can really use a shut down corner. Ike gave up a huge gain to Jennings on a crucial 3rd and ten. I am down on Ike right now. I don't want to spend a ton of money on him.
I thought Ike played well tongiht, on that play he mis judged . It was clear he was going for the pic,.

Farrior_roirraW
To be honest, I think Hood starts Week 1.

Pentheon
good game to green bay n the fans...no excsuses, we had TOO many chances to take a lead and yet we either turned it over or couldnt convert.

SouthTexasSteel
This game was tough on the boys and I... No loss is a good loss and any way you try and spin it, it really sucks out loud. Had we lost on a back and forth battle with two teams playing at the top of their game is one thing, but GB played well and we played horrible and were two minutes from number 7. That's what hurts the most... all the what if's... Oh well... my hat is off to the Packers for showing up and playing a solid game.

Now the boys and I are looking forward to the family Draft weekend party.

IMHO... free agent and draft needs... OL, WR, RB, CB, S (I think we may be seeing the end of Troy)

Question for all my Steeler peeps.... How much did we miss Pouncey??

Again... Congrats GB on your superbowl win!! May your stay at the top be short.... just sayin'

rcoplien
02-06-2011, 10:52 PM
I know Ben threw 2 interceptions and we had 1 fumble but that momentum was started with the pitiful William Gay not watching his position and having Green Bay make the first touchdown. He has done this time and time again. Kick him off the team and get another Ike Taylor.

steve314
02-06-2011, 10:53 PM
No interference call on the last play?

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-02-05/opinion/moskowitz.wertheim.super.bowl_1_human-behavior-whistle-retirement-nest-egg?_s=PM:OPINION

PackMan
02-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Why are some Anti Steeler posts being deleted? Thought this forum was the Blast furnace and specifically for Smack Talk? Huh?

pitt0wns
Troy looked bad this whole post season, Mundy might of been better out there.

Gay and McFadden need to honestly go.

I think the Mendy fumble ruined it for us, he had a great post season until that fumble.

jjpro11
i don't want to argue, because i am not in the mood.. but the defense definitely did not show up. they had decent, but not great field position after those turnovers.. we needed a big play from the defense and they just could not come through. all those 3rd and long conversions.. they dropped a bunch of wide open passes down-field. it just wasn't near good enough.

DoctorCAD
02-06-2011, 10:55 PM
After watching the game at a friends house, Steeler fans and college football fans (in the south, pro football does not exist).

1. The commercials sucked this year.
2. 3 turnovers for 21 points will lose anything from a pee-wee pick-up game to the Super Bowl.
3. Aaron Rodgers was NOT the MVP.
4. O line held up well.
5. Troy IS expendable, he was a non-factor tonight.
6. Ben was one series away from wiggling it in Rodgers face. That would have been an MVP moment.
7. Losing sucks
8. I broKe even in money lost vs. money won, but I still feel like I lost a MILLION BUCKS.

ETL
02-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Did Heath Miller get any catches? He seemed nowhere in the game plan.

electrotune1200
02-06-2011, 10:56 PM
I thought his coverage was as good as it could get on the first TD.I've only seen it once, so I'm not really sure. Sometimes you can't defend a perfect pass. I think he fared allright in this game. But yes, we need to look into a little more help there.

Hmm... Wrong thread, Sorry.

tanda10506
It's hard for an offense to go forward when they throw 10 passes behind the line of scrimmage. This was not the biggest game of Ben's life, he's already one 2 and the AFC championship game verse the Ravens the year before last was almost as big. As for "the defense holding there own", that must have been a different because they hadn't looked this bad since New England. All said and done, yes Arians fails again, not all his fault but 6 bubble passes?? He ought to be b*tch slapped for that. I LOVE THE STEELERS, but it will be hard to watch another year of him calling plays. We won in spite of him all season, usually the game being way closer then it should have been because of him. A CHANGE MUST BE MADE!!!

SeinfeldNut
After watching the game at a friends house, Steeler fans and college football fans (in the south, pro football does not exist).

1. The commercials sucked this year.
2. 3 turnovers for 21 points will lose anything from a pee-wee pick-up game to the Super Bowl.
3. Aaron Rodgers was NOT the MVP.
4. O line held up well.
5. Troy IS expendable, he was a non-factor tonight.
6. Ben was one series away from wiggling it in Rodgers face. That would have been an MVP moment.
7. Losing sucks
8. I broKe even in money lost vs. money won, but I still feel like I lost a MILLION BUCKS.
Could not agree, more watching those were like pulling teeth.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-06-2011, 10:57 PM
You can no longer call Ben a lock for the HOF. When we needed him to win it, he failed.

Every QB in NFL history who has made 3 SB Starts is a HOFer.

chacha
disagree about Troy. totally agree about the commercials, and yes, losing always sucks but we can still be proud

SteelCityMom
Why are some Anti Steeler posts being deleted? Thought this forum was the Blast furnace and specifically for Smack Talk? Huh?

Because it's up to me and not you. Already answered you in the thread you made.

Buddha Bus
02-06-2011, 10:58 PM

Don't like it? Go to your own forum, baby! The vast majority of our members are showing class and humbleness and giving the Pack their due. Don't come on our board talking shit, moron. We don't care what you have to say about it if you aren't going to show some class about it.

pitt0wns
02-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I still don't like this coaching staff, seems like they can't come up with a good game plan.

The D really had no answer for GB's passing attack which wasn't suprising at all. Give GB credit for dropping a lot of balls or it wouldn't of been a game.

Congrats GB they have a great passing attack.1

steelcity1974
This play killed us. We should have easily gotten first down. Sustained a drive. Even if no points...established the running game...after a 15 yard run and a 9 yard run...packers would have been on their heels. Instead, we have a false start....then fail to convert a 3rd and 2...before you know it it's 14-0 and we are scratching our heads. We sneak Ben for 1 yard instead of a false start...we have number 7. Instead, we don't. That's my analisis.

ETL
Ben is not a hall of famer yet. Ward will have a long road as well.

This game could have made them but alas it didn't happen.

FacemeIke
02-06-2011, 11:00 PM
I know Ben threw 2 interceptions and we had 1 fumble but that momentum was started with the pitiful William Gay not watching his position and having Green Bay make the first touchdown. He has done this time and time again. Kick him off the team and get another Ike Taylor.

Gay is very good as a nickle back, but thats his role and they need to realize that. He can't be coming in as the back up corner and thats the #1 priority this offseason I believe, is drafting someone that can be the #3 corner or possibly even move ahead of McFadden. I don't know what happened to Keenen Lewis, apparently he's not the answer.

ETL
02-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Should we have blitzed more?

gameface75
plain and simple ,our secondary SUCKS.

pitt0wns
Gay is very good as a nickle back, but thats his role and they need to realize that. He can't be coming in as the back up corner and thats the #1 priority this offseason I believe, is drafting someone that can be the #3 corner or possibly even move ahead of McFadden. I don't know what happened to Keenen Lewis, apparently he's not the answer.

McFad needs to go. He was burnt all season long

SeinfeldNut
Does everyone expect Hines ward back for next season?

pitt0wns
02-06-2011, 11:02 PM

Thats been our problem for the past decade.

GunnerB
02-06-2011, 11:02 PM
I think Troy's injury is worse than what had been reported. I saw him gamble a couple of times and lose, but he is still a stud, he did have a terrible post season.

I thought Mendy played a fairly solid game. I think we should have run little more spread calls in the second half and less wr screens.

Ben's numbers were comparable to Rogers, I don't fault him for the loss. Turnovers are the name of the game, we owned almost every statistical category except turnovers.

pitt0wns
02-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Gotta give PIT credit though, they overcome A LOT of key injuries this year. Ben has been not 100% healthy for the past 10 weeks.

ETL
This is such a new experience. To be on line after a Steeler SB loss. I guess this is helping me process this loss, something that I didn't have in 1996

FacemeIke
Thats been our problem for the past decade.

The secondary is just put on the island a lot due to our schemes, so they will get burnt sometimes, and thats the way you attack our type of D, spread it out. We do need to improve there though, and I hate to say it, but it may be time to replace Clark with some one who is better in coverage

electrotune1200
also on that last drive you would think they would have preplanned the first 10 plays so everyone would be on the same page...

what the hell was that

Especially following a T.V timeout. At least 2 minutes to get on the same page.

Diamond-D
02-06-2011, 11:06 PM
IMHO... free agent and draft needs... OL, WR, RB, CB, S (I think we may be seeing the end of Troy)

Question for all my Steeler peeps.... How much did we miss Pouncey??

I doubt we are seeing "the end" of Troy. He is only just 30. He has been quiet ever since coming back from the Achilles injury and in the post season they used him deep more as a deterrent for long plays than as an actual play maker. I thought it was pretty clear in the Ravens and then the Jets games that he simply wasn't going to recover fully until after this season had ended, and he could have time to fully heal.

How much did we miss Pouncey? Definitely a little, but not as much as I thought we might. Legursky played a pretty reasonable game and I wouldn't be surprised if he finds time in the O line next season even with Pouncey returning.

pitt0wns
02-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Especially following a T.V timeout. At least 2 minutes to get on the same page.

Yeah that final drive looked like a cluster f*ck.

Coaching Coaching Coaching

Steelers17
02-06-2011, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=pitt0wns;917492]Troy looked bad this whole post season, Mundy might of been better out there.QUOTE]

Overweight aging athletes shorten their careers and add to their injury profile. Additionally few class performers regain top form post Achilles injuries. It was a great ride watching and enjoying gifted individuals play but unfortunately the future is anything other than certain.

MasterOfPuppets
02-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Did Heath Miller get any catches? He seemed nowhere in the game plan.
he had a few , but since heath and the RB's combined for 16 receptions and 216 yds the last time they played the packers, arians in his infinite wisdom , decided he would out smart capers and not use them in the passing game ....you know...since capers might expect him to use plays that worked well before..:thumbsup:

SH-Rock
02-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Fire Arians?

Steel_Bus_24
02-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Turnovers man.......they felt like they happened on every drive

just a fffing avalanche o turnovers

Ben and Mendy blew it the most.....but it was a team loss pretty much

Even the coaching......I knew we weren't making that 50+ yard FG.....much rather see a punt there

Our DBs played terrible, on the money down of 3rd and Long.....had they not lost driver, we might not of had a chance at the end

Speaking of the end......Way to go Fox you (Profanity Filter).......

Still we had a chance to pull something out of our asses.....and I still am proud of these guys for the season they put together despite all the drama and injuries

Im really not as upset as I thought Id be though.......just sucks that media and goodell got their fantasies realized

I really don't have much animosity for the Packers....other then, like I said earlier the media piling on proclaiming we're 2nd rate and we shouldn't even be allowed on the field with teams like them and Brady Manning and every other golden boys they continually suck off

I hope we don't let this loss define us for a decade......I hope we go out their and add some quality OL/DBs and get right back at it.....because if we keep our LBs and add depth there, we'll be in the hunt for a good while again

BlockMonsta
02-06-2011, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=pitt0wns;917492]Troy looked bad this whole post season, Mundy might of been better out there.QUOTE]

Overweight aging athletes shorten their careers and add to their injury profile. Additionally few class performers regain top form post Achilles injuries. It was a great ride watching and enjoying gifted individuals play but unfortunately the future is anything other than certain.

???

TOOLofSTEEL
02-06-2011, 11:19 PM
No words... :ididwhat:

ETL
02-06-2011, 11:19 PM
That halftime show was pretty good. I saw the stones in XL but BEP seemed better. What the hell does "LO'E" mean though?

chacha
02-06-2011, 11:21 PM
LOL they couldnt even spell correctly-I thought that half time show was horrible jmo of course but BLECH

SteelersBry79
02-06-2011, 11:29 PM
I blame Christina Aquilera. She screwed up the national anthem, and her being from Pittsburgh just jinxed us.

Fire Haley
02-06-2011, 11:33 PM
If I was Ben I'd dump his fiancee, she's bad luck.

Find a nice stripper instead

ETL
02-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Why was mike Tomlin singing on stage during halftime? Shouldn't he be prepping the team?

MACH1
02-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Why was mike Tomlin singing on stage during halftime? Shouldn't he be prepping the team?

And what was that ghey looking plastic thing on his head.

madtowndrunkard
02-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Everyone picked the Packers.

why? They all said our defense could not stop GB's offense.... they were wrong . Defensively we held our own.

Everyone said our offense could not score on GB's defense. .... they were correct.

Sloppy play by our offense cost us the game.

#1 going deep in our own end zone proved to be STUPID. Ben's arm gets hit on a deep ball in our own endzone. We were running at will against the Packers defense but that did NOT matter to Arians. Deep drop....defender hits arm....INT = TD.

#2 Ben forces a ball in tight coverage. My first thought is that should have been a pass interference...but I also blame Ben for trying to jam a ball between 2 defenders.

#3 Mendy is NOT taking care of the ball. All game I commented on Mendy's habbit of holding the ball out with one hand.

#4 schanked FG that IMO should have been a punt.

The defense did enough to win the game. Ben is NOT a HOF QB. He had the opportunity to be a HOF QB but choked.

Mendy is a GOAT.

TRH
02-06-2011, 11:41 PM
actually, i was VERY disappointed with our defense. Rogers picked us apart like swiss cheese, and yes, we turned the ball over, but afterward, our D didn't stop them from scoring AND they couldn't force any recovered fumbles or INT's (which GB's did....).
The critics were right. We were not going to beat the Packers. Unfortunately, the better team won. We had plenty of opportunities to win it, and we couldnt' do it. Couldn't even come that close.

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 11:42 PM

why? They all said our defense could not stop GB's offense.... they were wrong . Defensively we held our own.

Everyone said our offense could not score on GB's defense. .... they were correct.

Sloppy play by our offense cost us the game.

#1 going deep in our own end zone proved to be STUPID. Ben's arm gets hit on a deep ball in our own endzone. We were running at will against the Packers defense but that did NOT matter to Arians. Deep drop....defender hits arm....INT = TD.

#2 Ben forces a ball in tight coverage. My first thought is that should have been a pass interference...but I also blame Ben for trying to jam a ball between 2 defenders.

#3 Mendy is NOT taking care of the ball. All game I commented on Mendy's habbit of holding the ball out with one hand.

#4 schanked FG that IMO should have been a punt.

The defense did enough to win the game. Ben is NOT a HOF QB. He had the opportunity to be a HOF QB but choked.

Mendy is a GOAT.

Take a day or two to chill out man. Seriously.

The offense couldn't score? Where did those 25 points come from then? :noidea: The D had not a single thing to do with any of that.

Defense did enough to win the game? Packers had one pick 6 and the other INT and the fumble were well within the D's range to make a stop. They couldn't. Nor could they stop them on another TD drive and FG drive.

I'm not letting the offense off the hook for it's mistakes, but good god man, talk about taking it a little too far.

casteeler
02-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Do you consider the secondary part of the defense?They did not hold their own,they were garbage!

Steelthe#1dynasty
02-06-2011, 11:43 PM
These SB loses are very difficult to digest. However, since we are no longer undefeated in SB play they are getting easier. I know, it sucks!

A few post game thoughts:

1. Let's give credit to the O-Line. For a patchwork line they played very well. I'm not sure the Pouncey loss was all that significant. Sure, it would have been nice to have him but Legursky played his @ss off. Maybe we should give him a go at guard next year. So our backups finally have playing experience. Hats off to our O-Line coach!

2. We all know the turnovers were huge. They cost us the game!

3. Ben is a different breed of QB. A warrior that never quits. However, with that said he has some things to work on. In terms of hitting his receivers in stride, he struggles. He was very erratic with his stationary throws this evening. These are mechanical mistakes that must be improved. Let's face it, our D isn't getting any younger and the CB play is suspect. I would like to see a better rhythm to the offence.

4. WR's created very little separation. When Wallace did create separation, he was either over-thrown or under-thrown. To aide our QB - Route running, Route running, Route running.. The young WR's will learn over time.

MattsMe
02-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Did anyone else notice that on the play right before halftime where Woodson got hurt, Aikman announced that he was slow to get up as soon as he hit the ground? It just seemed really strange. Two of the people I was watching the game with noticed the same thing, and a friend of mine sent me a text about it at halftime.

Something just didn't feel right about that.

Quasar
02-06-2011, 11:46 PM
We had plenty of opportunities to win it, and we couldnt' do it. Couldn't even come that close.

I think you just contradicted yourself there.

Take away that pick 6, and the Steelers would have won. That's how close it was.

madtowndrunkard
02-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Take a day or two to chill out man. Seriously.

The offense couldn't score? Where did those 25 points come from then? :noidea:

Defense did enough to win the game? Packers had one pick 6 and the other INT and the fumble were well within the D's range to make a stop. They couldn't.

I'm not letting the offense off the hook for it's mistakes, but good god man, talk about taking it a little too far.

We lost by 6 points.

We gave the packers 7 points with an INT returned for a TD.

Then our kicker shanks one.

then our offense had several opportunities to give us even 3.

We are talking about at least 10 points. We lost by 6.

IMO a HOF QB wins that game.

The Packers didn't make bone head mistakes and that is the ONLY reason they won.

I blame Arians. Hes' responsible for his units performance. They came up short.

Our defense did enough to win. If you are expecting zero points from the Packers offense then you are a fool. We gave them a short field and our defense held their own. I was hoping for a big play defensively..... but at what point do you expect a big play from our offense?

Steelthe#1dynasty
02-06-2011, 11:50 PM

Agreed. The only solution to get us back to Championship form is to pick up somebody in free agency. They really do suck! Taylor played OK for the most past. However, he is not worth a 9-10 million dollar price tag.

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 11:52 PM
We lost by 6 points.

We gave the packers 7 points with an INT returned for a TD.

Then our kicker shanks one.

then our offense had several opportunities to give us even 3.

We are talking about at least 10 points. We lost by 6.

IMO a HOF QB wins that game.

The Packers didn't make bone head mistakes and that is the ONLY reason they won.

I blame Arians. Hes' responsible for his units performance. They came up short.

Our defense did enough to win. If you are expecting zero points from the Packers offense then you are a fool. We gave them a short field and our defense held their own. I was hoping for a big play defensively..... but at what point do you expect a big play from our offense?

I never said the Packers wouldn't score any points, but thanks for trying to insert words into my post.

The secondary was crap tonight and had no answer for Rodgers whatsoever. Why do you think they barely ran the ball at all? They knew they weren't going to score that way.

You can try to scapegoat one or two people all you want, but that was a classic team meltdown.

ETL
02-06-2011, 11:53 PM
How badly was Ben hurt? I will give him a pass on this game if he was badly hurt.

madtowndrunkard
02-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Everyone said Tomlin's SB ring was earned by Bill Cowher and HIS staff.

Finally Tomlin is far enough removed to earn one for him self.

We choke. IMO we failed offensively....which is no surprise because it's been our offense that has failed our defense all season.

So far the critics' are correct. Ben is NOT a HOF QB. Mendy is NOT an elite RB. Tomlin is NOT a HOF coach.

It is up to these guys to prove everyone wrong....they did not . Can they do it next season? I have serious doubts.

SteelCityMom
How badly was Ben hurt? I will give him a pass on this game if he was badly hurt.

I don't know...we'll find out.

He took a beating at times this year though. I think we'll find out that he's been dealing with a lot more than a sore foot and a broken nose.

SteelKnight

What game were you watching? We couldn't apply pressure on Rodgers and there were lots of holes in our coverage. Rodgers made it look easy. Our defense sucked.

The only reason the defense came away looking half decent was because of like 5 key drops. They should have scored maybe 2 more TDs.

Ben was rusty as all hell. Too bad sanders went out.

I'm hoping this motivates the Steelers to sign either Nmandi or Joseph.

ricksteelers55
I think you just contradicted yourself there.

Take away that pick 6, and the Steelers would have won. That's how close it was.

take away 58 minutes of the game and we win.....no need to use ifs,we lost plain and simple.The media made a big thing out of Green Bay having 16 players on IR but the real story is out of 16 IR only 3 were starters.We had 8 IR players and 4 of them were starters.3 of those 4 were the starting OL(arguably the 3 best OL) + our best D-Line and we still managed to make it to the Super Bowl and lost by 6 against,I think one of the most complete team in the NFL.Obviously I'm very disapointed by all of the turnovers but I'm proud of what we've accomplished,we'll be back and if you,re a real steelers fan you know it

dpiedra
02-06-2011, 11:56 PM
The last drive was horible ... Confusion at its finest ... Shameful to get to the SB and play the last poisson like they did. Poor play calling and very inconsistent offense. We had them at third and 10 late and we could not stop them from converting ... Good qbs ate the secondary appart this year

TRH
removed.

CargoJon
We stunk it up the first quarter and part of the second quarter. Unlike the Ravens, the Pack is a good team and we couldn't overcome our opening stink job.

Had we played the first half like the second half, we would have won by double digits. We lost, they earned it. I'm not going to bitch about refs or anything like that. Only Ravens and Jets fans do that crap.

Only questionable call I wanted anyone's feedback on was the hand slap to Ben's head on the pick 6. Anyone catch that or was I looking for something that wasn't there?

Steelthe#1dynasty
02-06-2011, 11:57 PM
Should we have blitzed more?

I think our blitzing for the most past was ineffective. I think that Troy's injury proved significant . The one play I wish we wouldn't have blitzed was the 3rd and 10 at the end of the game to Jennings. That play was a clock bleeding play. We stop that one, we have more time to open up our play book, which included run plays.

SteelKnight
I don't know...we'll find out.

He took a beating at times this year though. I think we'll find out that he's been dealing with a lot more than a sore foot and a broken nose.

Physically he is beat up but psychologically/emotionally all those questions must have taken a toll on him. He is human. Nobody wants to appear to be a villain. He did suck in that game. I'm going to have to drop im in my QB rankings.

TRH
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. That old theory that "whoever turns the ball over" loses, proved true. Huge.

2. Our defense looked surprisingly bad on a national stage. Couldn't even force any turnovers. And where was Troy? Again? Mathews on GB side looked like a beast while Troy was basically nonexistent. Again. At times, the defense looked listless, not playing with fire. I like how when the defense plays sub-par, people start saying "well, ya know, its the offense's fault, blah, blah, blah...". Its not always the offense's fault.

3. The criticism of Ben will continue. He did little tonight to prove he's an elite QB. I think he is, but another SB sub-par performance gives the naysayers huge ammo.

4. Cut Fox. He commits more dumb, unsportsmanlike penalties than even Kemo. He's done it all year long. I'd cut him tomorrow.

5. We have to change the defensive scam. And hire new DB's. Good QB's picked us apart this year when we've faced them every single time. We cannot....cannot defend the short and quick pass. Need a fix, immediately, of some sort.

6. In wrap-up, i really wanted the Steelers to win. But i knew, deep down inside, that they were not the best team in the NFL and i really don't even know that they were a top 5 team. Face it, as much as i hate NE, if we would have faced them instead of the Jets, they would have obliterated us. In fact, we couldn't beat the good teams this year outside of the Ravens and Falcons (i still say Atlanta was over-rated and not that good...). We got beat handily by GB, N. Orleans, and NE.
The score tonight wasn't as close as the numbers. GB cleanly won the game and the fight tonight, and was the better team.

electrotune1200

Was it the same knee that took a shot earlier in the post-season? I have a feeling that knee was slightly torn already. All it took was a nice plant and something gave.

I would put money on some sort of offseason arthroscopic surgery.

The Curtain's Crusader
02-06-2011, 11:58 PM
This one hurt to watch and wonder what would have been without all the turnovers. Especially the Mendy one. I thought for sure they were going to take the lead there being down by 4 and with the ball in Packers territory. Also thought it was stupid to pass the ball on 3rd & 2 on the opening driver after they had run it pretty well to open the game. SO would have loved to see Ben bring them down the field for a winning TD to shut up all the media crap and see Goodell hand off the trophy to us. Glad to see them hang in there and at least have a shot at it. Been an exciting year when all is said and done. Congrats to the Packers!

...and that last possession looked terrible.

madtowndrunkard
02-06-2011, 11:59 PM
This site is a joke.

They move every post....if it isn't to their liking. FU... Im gone.

A life long fan should be able to voice his opinion. I did not realize this site was all about just being a homer.

I can take a hint....good bye

CargoJon
02-07-2011, 12:01 AM
All I wanted after the 1st quarter was the ball and to be down by 1 score at the end. We were and didn't get it done.

This game should have been 24-10, we handed them three TD's. Stings, but I'm not going to jump of a bridge over it.

CargoJon
02-07-2011, 12:02 AM
This site is a joke.

A life long fan should be able to voice his opinion. I did not realize this site was all about just being a homer.

:wave:

TRH
02-07-2011, 12:02 AM
This one hurt to watch and wonder what would have been without all the turnovers. Especially the Mendy one. I thought for sure they were going to take the lead there being down by 4 and with the ball in Packers territory. Also thought it was stupid to pass the ball on 3rd & 2 on the opening driver after they had run it pretty well to open the game. SO would have loved to see Ben bring them down the field for a winning TD to shut up all the media crap and see Goodell hand off the trophy to us. Glad to see them hang in there and at least have a shot at it. Been an exciting year when all is said and done. Congrats to the Packers!W

I agree.
Congrats the the Packers defense. They were more physical than we were and they were able to pop the ball out and recover it...and make INT's.
Our defense didn't.
They looked hungry, like they wanted it more. A well-deserved win for them.

SteelKnight
02-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Can you believe a loser on here called people "Stupid Armchair QBs" for voicing their opinions. LOL You can tell the real losers in life. LOL

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 12:04 AM
This site is a joke.

Bye then! :wave:

There's two separate post game threads, sorry you felt your opinion was so mighty that it not only needed repeated in several threads, but that it needed one of it's own. As far as I can tell, you voiced your opinion all over the place.

See ya though. No one will miss you.

mesaSteeler
02-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Bye then! :wave:

There's two separate post game threads, sorry you felt your opinion was so mighty that it not only needed repeated in several threads, but that it needed one of it's own.

No one will miss you.

True that!

WickedSteel
02-07-2011, 12:06 AM
I knew the poor o line play and porous secondary would cost us the game.

Troy was invisible again.

Couldn't get any pressure on Rodgers and he picked us apart. he could have easily had 450 yards and 4 TDs if not for the drops. DBs were horrific.

Ben's first INT was the direct result of the o line not being able to stop the bull rush and letting him get hit as he released.

Mendy should have held onto the ball but he also shouldn't have been mobbed 3 yards in the back field either. The o line failed again and he had people in his face as soon as he had the ball.

Ben threw consistently high and missed Wallace for a sure TD once.

Suisham comes back to Dallas and shows why they cut him.

The Steelers have some work to do in the off season. They need DBs and o linemen to be serious contenders.

dpiedra
02-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Close call but or play selection at key times left a lot to be desired. Or D could not make any big plays and I don't care who you are, you cannot hand over 21 points on turnovers and expect to win ...

TRH
02-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Couldn't get any pressure on Rodgers and he picked us apart. he could have easily had 450 yards and 4 TDs if not for the drops. DBs were horrific.

i forgot about that. You're absolutely right. He might have had 450 or more.
And those drops weren't miracle drops. Most of those were PERFECT passes right in the hands.

TRH
02-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Close call but or play selection at key times left a lot to be desired. Or D could not make any big plays and I don't care who you are, you cannot hand over 21 points on turnovers and expect to win ...

true. Our offense turned it over the 3 times, counting the INT runback. But the fact is that on the other 2, our defense didn't hold them. And let the score. Its just as much on the D as it is on the offense.

CargoJon
02-07-2011, 12:12 AM
true. Our offense turned it over the 3 times, counting the INT runback. But the fact is that on the other 2, our defense didn't hold them. And let the score. Its just as much on the D as it is on the offense.

Yes but in fairness the short fields didn't help matters....

Dino 6 Rings
02-07-2011, 12:14 AM
I knew the poor o line play and porous secondary would cost us the game.

Troy was invisible again.

Ben's first INT was the direct result of the o line not being able to stop the bull rush and letting him get hit as he released.

Mendy should have held onto the ball but he also shouldn't have been mobbed 3 yards in the back field either. The o line failed again and he had people in his face as soon as he had the ball.

Ben threw consistently high and missed Wallace for a sure TD once.

Suisham comes back to Dallas and shows why they cut him.

The Steelers have some work to do in the off season. They need DBs and o linemen to be serious contenders.

ok, D sucked it up...3 turnovers killed us...Ben missed open guys...

but Suisham? Dude...it was a 52 yard attempt...can't blame the guy for missing that one...seriously...

dpiedra
02-07-2011, 12:14 AM

The defense or late game heroics saved us this year on more than a few occasions ... Can't pay like that and expect ro win all the time

WickedSteel
02-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Yeah, Suisham had a long kick but it was indoors and he missed it BADLY.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway and he played well this season considering the circumstances.

TRH
02-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Yeah, Suisham had a long kick but it was indoors and he missed it BADLY.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway and he played well this season considering the circumstances.

S***, he almost botched that extra-point too. just barely made it.

Dino 6 Rings
02-07-2011, 12:18 AM
S***, he almost botched that extra-point too. just barely made it.

yeah ok...but its not like he was a real goat and missed a game winner or something...I mean...21-3 at one point in the game...that's not on the kicker, and his kickoffs were really good, we didn't give them crap for starting position on the kick offs.

TRH
02-07-2011, 12:20 AM
yeah ok...but its not like he was a real goat and missed a game winner or something...I mean...21-3 at one point in the game...that's not on the kicker, and his kickoffs were really good, we didn't give them crap for starting position on the kick offs.

yea, i know....i don't have any problem with Suisham.
As a matter of fact, even before he missed it, i thought it was a dumb call to try a 52 yarder. Even though its indoors, its a long one and you have the added pressure of being in the SB. I thought at the time they should have punted it and tried to pin them inside of their 10.

oregonfootball
02-07-2011, 12:21 AM
All the coaches sucked. Can't beat a good hot team playing like that. even once things closer time control and sense of urgency sucked. We were lucky rogers was not on his A game and they had some huge drops, or this would have been more embarrassing.:banging:

tony hipchest
02-07-2011, 12:29 AM
This site is a joke.

I can take a hint....good byedont let the door hit you where the good lord split you, crybaby.

:wave: this site will be fine w/o you. :thumbsup:

SteelUT
02-07-2011, 12:29 AM
I am absolutely shocked at how unprepared we were for this game.

Having said that, as disappointed as I am in this game, I'm also that proud of the season. We clearly started this season behind the 8-ball, and made it all the way to the Super Bowl. I will take that deal every year.

I sick to my stomach from today's game, but overall, I'm damn proud to be a Steeler fan right now.

Dino 6 Rings
02-07-2011, 12:33 AM
yea, i know....i don't have any problem with Suisham.
As a matter of fact, even before he missed it, i thought it was a dumb call to try a 52 yarder. Even though its indoors, its a long one and you have the added pressure of being in the SB. I thought at the time they should have punted it and tried to pin them inside of their 10.

I actually thought we were in 2 down territory there before the loss of yards on the 3rd down play...and the loss of yards on 2nd down there in that spot didn't help...

but the FG was rather suprising to me...

MattsMe
02-07-2011, 12:38 AM
Did anyone else notice that on the play right before halftime where Woodson got hurt, Aikman announced that he was slow to get up as soon as he hit the ground? It just seemed really strange. Two of the people I was watching the game with noticed the same thing, and a friend of mine sent me a text about it at halftime.

Just checking one more time to see if anyone noticed this.

There was a weird feeling to this game, and this instance was the weirdest. The whole thing just seemed scripted.

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 12:40 AM

There was a weird feeling to this game, and this instance was the weirdest. The whole thing just seemed scripted.

Honestly, I'd have to watch it again and see. I was too into the game to notice at the time, and am too tipsy to quite recall it now. :chuckle:

Farrior_roirraW
02-07-2011, 12:41 AM

I don't know if I'd say scripted but yeah. It was weird. The whole day was, though.

surcalifero
02-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Everyone said Tomlin's SB ring was earned by Bill Cowher and HIS staff.

Finally Tomlin is far enough removed to earn one for him self.

We choke. IMO we failed offensively....which is no surprise because it's been our offense that has failed our defense all season.

So far the critics' are correct. Ben is NOT a HOF QB. Mendy is NOT an elite RB. Tomlin is NOT a HOF coach.

It is up to these guys to prove everyone wrong....they did not . Can they do it next season? I have serious doubts.

You got to blame Arians for us choking. You even mention it that its been our offense that has failed our defense all season. Bruce needs to go. His playcalling is costing us football games and we got lucky we even won the last Super Bowl.

mcg24
02-07-2011, 01:30 AM
You got to blame Arians for us choking. You even mention it that its been our offense that has failed our defense all season. Bruce needs to go. His playcalling is costing us football games and we got lucky we even won the last Super Bowl.

Nobody ever crowns Arians when he has a great game, but whenever we lose he must be crucified.

illmatic
02-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Here are my post game thoughts about why I think we lost:

0-3 turnover ratio really hurt. The two interceptions, then a fumble by Mendenhall when we had all the momentum and were about to take the lead.

Green Bay's third down offense was unstoppable. Steelers would get big stops for the first two downs, then they would convert on 3rd down for a big gain. That really killed us.

Troy Polamalu had another off-night. Seems like his injury was more serious than we thought, since he's been pretty quiet in the playoffs. He may have hurt himself at the end of the Bengals game in week 16 when he tried to run an interception back instead of just falling down.

The 52 yard field goal attempt was dumb and a huge risk that didn't pay off.

SteelersinCA
02-07-2011, 03:58 AM

I felt from the pregame with all the "red carpet" shit that the day had a weird vibe. I'm not going to say scripted, but something was strange.

MattsMe
02-07-2011, 04:08 AM
I felt from the pregame with all the "red carpet" shit that the day had a weird vibe. I'm not going to say scripted, but something was strange.

I didn't mean the game was scripted, just that one play felt that way. Woodson hit the ground and immediately Aikman said he was slow to get up. He was still rolling when he said it. Weird.

There were a couple other instances that just seemed off though.

But you're definitely right about the vibe. I talked to someone else about it a couple hours ago, and even saw some people post the exact same thing on another board.

I don't feel quite as crazy now.

SteelersinCA
02-07-2011, 04:09 AM
Maybe there was an audio/video delay issue who knows, tin foil hats unite!!!!

MattsMe
02-07-2011, 04:11 AM
Maybe there was an audio/video delay issue who knows, tin foil hats unite!!!!

:chuckle:

Supposedly the Packers had the team fitted for rings last night too.

Could just be an exercise in visualization, but I smell something more sinister. :popcorn:

quiggle
02-07-2011, 09:56 AM
does anyone have a link to Mendenhall's postgame interview, I want to hear what he said about the fumble.

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 10:09 AM
does anyone have a link to Mendenhall's postgame interview, I want to hear what he said about the fumble.

No, they just have Tomlin, Ben and Harrison's interviews on nfl.com.

They have no interviews at all up on Steelers.com yet.

TRH
02-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Troy Polamalu had another off-night. Seems like his injury was more serious than we thought, since he's been pretty quiet in the playoffs. He may have hurt himself at the end of the Bengals game in week 16 when he tried to run an interception back instead of just falling down.

The 52 yard field goal attempt was dumb and a huge risk that didn't pay off.[/QUOTE]

We keep playing Troy 20, 25 yards deep and its failing miserably. Why can't we just let him do what he does best? We're not using his skills.

The FG attempt was a ridiculous call, a huge coaching blunder. I knew it before he even kicked it. Terrible move.

TRH
02-07-2011, 10:14 AM
I am absolutely shocked at how unprepared we were for this game.Having said that, as disappointed as I am in this game, I'm also that proud of the season. We clearly started this season behind the 8-ball, and made it all the way to the Super Bowl. I will take that deal every year.

I sick to my stomach from today's game, but overall, I'm damn proud to be a Steeler fan right now.

i thought we looked listless on both sides of the ball with no "fire", ala the NE game repeated.

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2011, 10:23 AM

The 52 yard field goal attempt was dumb and a huge risk that didn't pay off.

Agreed on the FG although giving Green Bay the ball close to mid-field did not end up costing anything other than field position - the surprisingly deep kick-offs must have fooled Tomlin into thinking that was a wise move

IMO Troy played deep center field throughout the playoffs because he was too injured to play his normal free lancing role closer to the line - have to wonder how much longer he will be around after yet another injury marred season

Bottom line is Steelers deserved to lose - it was a team effort with screw-ups on offense, defense and special teams

FWIW I think Roethlisberger was emotionally drained by the time the playoffs rolled around after all that has gone down since last March and accordingly had his worst playoffs perfomance since the 2004 season

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2011, 10:27 AM

Hard to say why but it did not feel like I was watching a a Super Bowl - what I watched of the pregame show was horrible and the Steelers going down 21-3 early put me in a foul mood

It was just a choppy game and the least entertaining Super Bowl since Colts-Bears 4 years ago

Terrapin
02-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Big games and good teams have a way of exploiting weaknesses. This game turned on 3 key plays, all of which were due to major deficiencies the Steelers have:

1. Ben's pick 6. Kemo, (who I"m really starting to think either has Alzheimers or some type of mental disorder due to his inability to control himself after whistles) gets blown up causing Ben to underthrow Wallace by 20 yards.

2. Mendy's fumble. Terrible to fumble in that situation, but let's be honest, the line got blown up again, and he was hit 3 yards in the backfield by 2 guys.

3. Jennings 31 yard catch on 3rd & 10. Pathetic for that to happen. Troy's been patrolling the middle of the field all postseason. where was he there?

That's it. O line and secondary. There was no way Taylor, an over-the-hill McFadden, and 'Blind' Willie Gay were going to stop those receivers. Once again very little pressure on Rodgers (tons of Arian criticism. Where's Lebeau's???). And breakdowns on the O line at the worst possible times. And I guess we can throw in the perennial shitty special teams (missed FG, penalties, etc).

Oh well, great season. Much better than expected.

cloppbeast
02-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Congratulations to the Packers. They played great. Glad it was them apposed to any other team, McCarthy is a local.

Aaron Rodgers played great. It would have been hard for any defense to stop him (it seems the only thing stopping him was his WRs). He's making a serious case for himself as the best QB in the game.

Still, we had a chance if not for the turnovers. The Steelers had the best turnover difference in the regular season, but they gave the ball away a lot in playoffs. Not sure what changed. :noidea:

Good year. Look forward to next season, if Goodell gets his head out of his ***.

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Congratulations to the Packers. They played great. Glad it was them apposed to any other team, McCarthy is a local.

Aaron Rodgers played great. It would have been hard for any defense to stop him (it seems the only thing stopping him was his WRs). He's making a serious case for himself as the best QB in the game.

Still, we had a chance if not for the turnovers. The Steelers had the best turnover difference in the regular season, but they gave the ball away a lot in playoffs. Not sure what changed. :noidea:

Good year. Look forward to next season, if Goodell gets his head out of his ***.

Great post:drink: Agreed Steelers missed some chances but so did Green bay

It always hurts to lose the last game of the year but I certainly did not expect this team would be playing in February last summer and am grateful to have been able to maintain a rooting interest in the NFL for 5 weeks after the regular season ended.

chacha
02-07-2011, 12:20 PM

That's funny you mention that, we noticed that too. Also when there was a flag the graphic would go up saying Steelers flag before the ref even said it. I was at a friends re watching some superbowls a few weeks ago and the Pats-Giants and it was the same way, with Buck and Aikmen saying stuff almost to the second it happened. Like their responses are almost too quick on the draw. I wonder if FOX has the game on a 2 second time delay so their crappy announcers look even remotely bright?

GermericanSteelerFan
02-07-2011, 12:26 PM
I just don't understand why our secondary doesn't jam receivers at the line to throw off timing routes. Especially against teams that rely on timing pass plays like GB and NE. Quick slants killed us on 3rd downs. LeBeau is the best DC in the league, but that just seams like Defense 101 to me.